Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 12:06 PM   #321
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
You know, the best part of the foster programme is that it has such widespread effects, aside from the obvious benefit of wild life preservation. By fostering the elephants, you also support the native caretakers of the orphan-elephants. They get jobs on which they are paid more than the avarage wages. And the elephants nursery, which can be visited, plays an important role in educating children that they need the elephants and that elephants and humans can co-exist. You'd be surprised how many African children never saw an elephant in their live. It really is a wonderful initiative.
Excellent side-benefits - I like programs like that, that are well-thought-out and benefit in many ways.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 08-12-2005, 02:47 PM   #322
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

*BUMP so I can read the next post*
Old 08-13-2005, 08:01 AM   #323
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

I'm extremley happy to be honest. And a little sad as well.

For almost two weeks I stayed in Oslo with Falagar and other friends from the norwegian board. I had an awsome time. And I got a girlfriend The only thing to be sad about, she is living in Oslo, I am living in Trondheim. It's 520 km. Distance sucks.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:14 AM   #324
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Perhaps society has changed so that I don't recognize it. IMO two weeks is barely enough time to even see a girl and perhaps go out but certainly not enough time for me to be comfortable calling her a girlfriend. Time marches on.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:19 AM   #325
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Note that Pytt is 16!

I've known lots of people who have gotten together soon after meeting. Including this one girl I had a long-term crush on who 'just wanted to be friends'... she went to college, started dating a guy within the first week, got engaged to him two years later and married him two years after that.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 08-13-2005, 10:23 AM   #326
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Oh Spock, don't be such a wet blanket . They'll probably break up anyways pretty quick like .

I'm happy because I FINISHED MY #$(^%)$#%()#($%)#(#)$_!+!(_)$%#ING HISTORY CLASS!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW! Oh, there are no words to describe the HORROR of that class. But now, NO MORE!!!! :d

The only bad thing is that for the last five weeks I've endured 40 hours of lectures, worked my butt off in an attempt to get a good grade, and it LOOKS like I'm probably going to fail the class . Majorly annoying since I gave up the tale end of my summer to do the blasted thing and now I have no summer to enjoy, and my GPA is about to take a major dive.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:26 AM   #327
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

I'M A WET BLANKET? and you say they'll break up anyway.

I know how young he is and based my post on my experience both at 16 and afterwards.

Not everyone can be as desirable a catch as you T.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:31 AM   #328
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Tsk-tsk-tsk, you two... no angry or sad faces allowed in the Happy Thread!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 08-13-2005, 10:50 AM   #329
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Gawd, yes, my hotness must be admired and bowed to by all mortal creatures of the fair sex.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:57 AM   #330
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Happy comment: I've gotten into the Honors History class in college!!!!!!!!! YEEAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
'm happy because I FINISHED MY #$(^%)$#%()#($%)#(#)$_!+!(_)$%#ING HISTORY CLASS!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW! Oh, there are no words to describe the HORROR of that class. But now, NO MORE!!!! :d
History .

I'm looking forward to that class.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 08-13-2005 at 12:05 PM. Reason: I'm looking forward to my history class that's coming this August.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:59 PM   #331
Lenya
Elentári

I'm happy 'cause I just wrote my Calculus semester test, and now it's over! I'll have you know that it sucked btw, I'll be lucky to pass - but it's over!
Old 08-13-2005, 02:37 PM   #332
Mercutio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson
Happy comment: I've gotten into the Honors History class in college!!!!!!!!! YEEAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[smileys removed so as not to exceed limit- Merc.]History[smileys]

I'm looking forward to that class.

All this history stuff...I'm taking "Modern History of Europe & S. America" next year...it's an elective and only meets twice a week. I also wanted "History of Minorities" but not enough people signed up for it. Most seniors at my high school take no history or political science. I've had enough political science for now...and I can't fit it into my schedule anyhow. But I really wish I had more than just two days a week of history.

We've just got to convert Tessar to the subject.

oooo more happy history. I got a "5" on my Advanced Placement U.S. History exam (I took it in May and got results in July). 5 means "extremely well prepared" and is the highest score (1-5 scale).

Interested in C.S. Lewis? Visit the forum dedicated
to one of Tolkien's greatest contemporaries.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:49 PM   #333
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

Oh, go and play on a highway.. Can't you atleast be a little happy for me? But I guess you are sort of realistic. If you also think about this is my first real relationship with a girl. I'll keep you updated
Old 08-13-2005, 05:40 PM   #334
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pytt
If you also think about this is my first real relationship with a girl. I'll keep you updated
Get out while you can.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:49 PM   #335
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

*jumps*

Andúril! How'd you get in here?! Shoo! Shoo!

Bad boy! Back to the venting thread! *stern look*
Old 08-13-2005, 05:51 PM   #336
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
*jumps*

Andúril! How'd you get in here?! Shoo! Shoo!

Bad boy! Back to the venting thread! *stern look*
too funny!!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 08-13-2005, 05:55 PM   #337
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Bad boy! *stern look*
Ironically, it's only been the girls that have said that to me. But I guess they never gave me a stern look.

More like a mad grin, or shocked bewilderment.

I hope you aren't grinning. I really hope you didn't mouth the words "Bad boy" at the time, either. While grinning.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:58 PM   #338
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I'm happy right now because I know Karate. And am prepared to use it. *slowly backs away from Andúril*
Old 08-13-2005, 11:28 PM   #339
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

We had our first garage sale today and made $200! It's a lot of work, but the kids really wanted to do it. They had their own little table where they sold their toys and kept the money, and I paid them $2 an hour to be out there with me and "help" me (I wanted them to learn some money lessons).

Actually we were at $198, and they really wanted to hit $200, and we were packing the remaining stuff up, and I slipped my brother-in-law $2 and asked him to buy something, then they were all excited that we made $200

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 08-13-2005, 11:33 PM   #340
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio
All this history stuff...I'm taking "Modern History of Europe & S. America" next year...it's an elective and only meets twice a week. I also wanted "History of Minorities" but not enough people signed up for it. Most seniors at my high school take no history or political science. I've had enough political science for now...and I can't fit it into my schedule anyhow. But I really wish I had more than just two days a week of history.
I'm taking a history of Western Civilization, first semester going through the historical period up to the Rennaisance (I'm positive I spelled that incorrectly). Having already read a book called "European History," and having read other books that touched on the subject, I'm really excited . I'm also writing a book right now that's historical fiction, which covers some of the material I'm going to study . I will have a bit of an advantage when it comes to that part of the subject .

I don't think I'll be taking modern history of Europe. Just the ancient history. Though that "European History" book did cover the modern era as well, so I do know something of the subject . It got really fascinating after a while. When I was reading about the European trade empires, I stopped taking notes because they were holding me up. Then I just kept reading it steadily through the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertucio
We've just got to convert Tessar to the subject.
The heretic will doubtless refuse . . . burn 'im .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio
oooo more happy history. I got a "5" on my Advanced Placement U.S. History exam (I took it in May and got results in July). 5 means "extremely well prepared" and is the highest score (1-5 scale). [Lief- large smilies, small smilie, and following large smilies edited so that this post may be submitted]
Ah yes, I studied US history as well in highschool. I wonder if I'll be able to test well in it.

Lief's Delight

I am BLAZING with happiness right now. Happier than I've been in many weeks, I think. Happy and contented. Today has been one of the best days I've had in a long time.

That issue I had earlier of hearing God or Satan, I heard correctly. I heard God correctly and he filled me with his Holy Spirit so that I was able to do it as he wanted it done. It was a complicated matter. I was supposed to rebuke the youth leader at our church for placing too great a focus on building friendships, for this was at the expense of building people's relationships with God.

The Lord prepared my conversation with him very well. He suddenly inspired me one Sunday first to invite him to go to the beach with us. We took him with us and had a great time, and then did the same thing the following week. This built the layer of trust needed for me to accomplish my mission.

Then today, I invited him to attend our Saturday Fencing Competition. The Lord had told me the previous day to speak to our leader with gentleness, humility, sincerity and truth, to speak with courage and strength, yet at the same time to do everything in love.

When I was preparing for our conversation, I couldn't think of anything right to say. My opinions seemed too blunt, too harsh. I prayed that the Lord would overcome me with his Holy Spirit so that I could do what he wished, and the Lord granted the request.

Today, the Holy Spirit filled me and I was enabled to speak with graciousness and in friendship the whole time. It was great. He came out of the meeting 100% not offended. We were able to talk freely and with great pleasure about other things that amused us afterward, off-topic. I don't know how much he'll heed my message- that's between him and the Lord. However, I did what the Lord wanted, and the Lord made me do it right, and as a major added bonus, I was greatly victorious also that day in our Fencing Competition!!!!!

I got the silver medal, having defeated other tough fencers to get there. There were several tough fencers present that day. The swordfighting was fierce (I still have red marks on my wrist and hand from one particularly lunatic fencer having slashed me up!), but I made it through and did better than ever .

Everything has gone right today. I had a delicious supper upon returning, and have been filled with happiness and peace. So today, I'm on an all-time high.

The thing where I had to discern between Satan's word and the Lord's was when this task was being assigned. The Lord was telling me to do this, and demons were causing me to have doubt and to wonder whether that was God or Satan speaking. Finally the Lord wrapped me in his protection and I discerned it was indeed him, and that the doubt came from the enemy.

Anyway, all has come out well today. The mission went beautifully, as did the fencing, and I'm very, very happy about both. It's the first time I've got a silver medal, and that was tough fighting!
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 08-13-2005 at 11:48 PM.
Closed Thread