Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 03:05 PM   #321
The Sasquatch of Fangorn
The Co-president of Entmoot - The Half-Dwarven Guardian of the Ancient Forest

Borin chuckeld. "Hehe. I have that effect on people. My brother used to say that if I worked as hard at mining as I did at making people laugh, I'd have been the one to find the balrog!"

"she turned me into a newt!!........but I got better."-Monty Python and the holy grail.

Thanks for breaking up the group Yoko!"- The reduced Shakespeare company.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory.
Fight Eagles fight, score a touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,
And we'll watch our Eagles fly.

Fly Eagles fly on the road to victory.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:24 PM   #322
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami finished with her own arrows and sat back, looking up at the sky, "Maybe it wasn't a man," Nami said almost to her self, "Maybe it was a dwarf, ha that would explain a lot!"
Old 04-23-2008, 05:26 PM   #323
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

"Not many, Ellysa," Aelfwine said. "I came to know Legolas and Gimli briefly in Helm's Deep. It was through them that I came aware of the rift between Dwarfs and Elves," She turned to Nami. "I have never understood either," Aelfwine chuckled at Borin's comment. "Then it is a good thing you did not, Dwarf,"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 04-23-2008, 08:08 PM   #324
orithil
Captain Jack

Hedrim walked up casually next to Borin "Everyone seems to be getting along well" he said and sat down "You know I remember the battle of Helms Deep, I wasn't there of course but I was there in the charge with Erkenbrand" he looked into the sky "of course it was a short lived victory with the battle of Gondor and so forth, I came to that as well"

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:29 PM   #325
The Sasquatch of Fangorn

"Aye." said Borin, pulling out his pipe "I was at the battle of Gondor. And Helms Deep. You see I helped Helm Hammer-hand excavate tose caves. So, naturally I wanted to see that they didn't fall into the hands of orcs!"

"she turned me into a newt!!........but I got better."-Monty Python and the holy grail.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,

Old 04-23-2008, 11:29 PM   #326
orithil
Captain Jack

"Battle of Gondor?" Hedrim exclaimed surprised "why were you there?"

Old 04-24-2008, 10:11 AM   #327
Acalewia

Aelfwine rolled her eyes at Hedrim's words.
"I'm surprised you weren't at Helm's Deep, to hear you boast of all your battles and conquests," She said. Turning from the man she then asked Borin.
"You were at the Battle of Helm's Deep? The only Dwarf I saw was Gimli,"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:16 PM   #328
The Sasquatch of Fangorn

"Aye" said Borin "I was indeed there. I was on the other side of the causway. Fighting off the incoming warg riders."

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,

Old 04-24-2008, 04:14 PM   #329
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

As he awoke the cool air was gently nibbling Quickleaf's face. He had dozed off while the company sat scattered around in what could be assumed to be a dysfunctional circle with a crackling fire fuming away in the centre. The spectacle of fire shooting into the dark sky was visible for miles to be sure. But as Quickleaf had observed early on, this odd ensemble of characters seemed not to observe any strict conduct of stealth.
A leaf of fading green came sailing down from the higher branches, and landed between his feet. The air was getting crisper. The summer dozing off.
And Quickleaf pondered silently whereto and wherefrom this company was heading. He grabbed his bow, sprung to his feet and moved centre-circle, sending the leaf flying upwards, defying its eventual fate.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:23 PM   #330
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami turned from looking at the stars and looked a quickleaf as he sent the leaf flying again. She looked around at the group, how odd they all were. loud ones, like Borin! Silent ones like Ellysa. Mothers, wise men, silent warrors. Elf, man and dwarf. All together. This was what the war of the ring was for.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:19 AM   #331
Acalewia

"Ah, you were outside the Deeping Wall. Then that would explain why I never saw you," Aelfwine responded. "Theodin King would not let me fight, even with my bowskill. He said it was too dangerous for a girl to be one the wall during the battle," She smiled. "I stood at the ready around the Caves. If anything got past the walls, they would have to get pass the few of us standing guard,"

Old 04-25-2008, 10:28 AM   #332
The Sasquatch of Fangorn

"The king and I had a.....difference in opinion." said Borin sheepishly "He told me to come in and I refused. And if I had listened to him, the wargs would've gotten into the caves!"

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,

Old 04-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #333
Acalewia

"I'm glad you didn't," Aelfwine laughed. "The battle would perhaps had ended differently,"

Old 04-25-2008, 12:50 PM   #334
The Sasquatch of Fangorn

"Aye. That it would." said Borin, starting to whittle with a piece of wood. "So, anyone else want to tell an interesting story?"

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,

Old 04-25-2008, 06:46 PM   #335
orithil
Captain Jack

"Interesting story I have many of those" Hedrim said "Most of them are war storys" Hedrim looked at the ground and seemed to be thinking for a moment "what I am surprised at is that during the charge of the Rohhirm I'm not sure if a direct charge was the wisest of things to do, maybe we should have fallen back to the city, used Gondors trebuchet's to fight off the Mumakil." he sighed "an order was an order though, I was just lucky to survive that battle, were you there Aelfwine?"

Old 04-26-2008, 10:16 AM   #336
Acalewia

"No, I stayed behind with the few Riders charged with protecting Edoras," she answered. "I'm not skilled with the sword, I fear, and a knife would have done little against the hoards of orcs and their beasts," Aelfwine smiled. "We lost many a good Rider in that charge and the following battle. Many I had grown up with and knowing through my father," The mention of her father sent a pang of grief through Aelfwine's heart. She missed him, but knew he was watching over her.

Old 04-26-2008, 11:15 AM   #337
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

As Quickleaf paced towards a few men and a dwarf he heard talk of the siege of Gondor. The daylong bombardment of the White City, Minas Tirith. A city he viewed with fascination.. and puzzlement. He had never understood the desire for great structures of rock and stone, overturned earth and naked mountains. Of course, he had not seen this city with his own eyes. He had heard of the great siege and the spectacular ride of the Rohirrim in their rescue of the Men of Minas Tirith. The last stronghold of the Men of the South.
But back then, in the middle of it. When darkness crept up here, in fair Greenwood, he had not cared for the faith of Minas Tirith. It was too far away, irrelevant. When the forests were all too quiet. When it's pulse was on the verge of stopping. When the masses of orcs and Easterlings were poisoning Mirkwood. Beasts and birds hypnotized by Sauron, wave after wave pushing deeper into the greens.
When trees and bush were alight, and its aftermath. Black ashes and foul death. Never again.

Quickleaf rubbed his eyes. He emptied the flask of water over his face, cool water running down his hair and streaming onto his neck. The light drizzle and moist air was filling his lungs. Felt good.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:22 PM   #338
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Radagast had put away his maps and lay quietly listening to his companions' stories. Gondor, Rohan, the Lonely Mountain and then some... my, these people got around! He wasn't entirely sure how much of all these stories he could believe entirely. Hedrim for one, seemed rather fond of exagerations.

Still, the companions Gandalf had selected seemed quite up to the task if there would be any battles to be done. Radagast didn't think it would come quite as far. Finding the Entwives couldn't be compared to ousting a dragon or routing an orc army. He didn't think either of those situations would come up, surely they wouldn't.

But he hadn't thought they'd be attacked by spiders either and that miscalculation bothered him. It wasn't as if he had locked himself away from the world in Rhosgobel. He travelled and had travelled far, met and had seen many. And yet, it seemed the world was always one step ahead of him. He sighed. The world was ever changing, and Radagast not so much.

"Still," he muttered, "it'll be a dark day again in Valinor, ere I abandon this task..."

The company finally tired of stories and each rolled themselves into their blankets and went to sleep. But not until a watch was established. Radagast wasn't the only one who didn't want to be surprised by spiders yet again.

Two days later, in the early afternoon, the company started to see the first signs that they were at last approaching the ruins of Dol Guldur: traces of hewn trees, long stretches of overturned earth, remnants of crumbling walls, surprisingly quickly grown over by grass; but also dark spots where fires had been and were nothing would grow.

"We are approaching Dol Guldur," Radagast said, stating the obvious. "Do not be alarmed if you see somebody moving about. The Silvan Elves of East-Lórien are guarding the entrance to the underground tunnels of Dol Guldur for me, and no doubt they've put out sentries to spot our arrival."
Old 04-28-2008, 05:31 PM   #339
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami looked about herself at the ruins and wrinkled her nose.
"The very air smells of evil here, i had forgotton what it was like. It has been a few years since Giladral removed the evil from these parts but the woods still hurt from its presence."
Nami shivered and held her bow tighter.

(occ: sorry about my spelling just finished work, it's very late and im very tired!)
Old 04-28-2008, 06:02 PM   #340
The Sasquatch of Fangorn

Borin's warg sniffed the ground. "I think that it would be best if we all remained on guard."

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,

Closed Thread