Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2002, 12:44 AM   #321
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

I hate that the title of this thread has only two exclaimation points. Okay, OKAY, I know that's a terribly vapid excuse for a vent, but it bugs me. You must always have an odd number of !'s. Don't ask me why....I haven't a clue....my asthetics are pleased that way.

I hate having to put Sweet-and-Low --pathetic excuses for sugar!!!*--in my tea. Destroys the whole purpose.

Andruil: Awwwwww....

-tano
p.s. * notice....THREE !!!'s...

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 04-21-2002, 12:51 AM   #322
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

I hate it when my computer suddenly stops working, especially when I'm trying to watch the TT trailer!!!!!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 04-21-2002, 12:59 AM   #323
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I hate the fat that it's now about 34 degrees Celsius here and humid. Bye now, I'm gonna go to the mall and keep cool.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Old 04-21-2002, 01:09 AM   #324
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Trying to figure out what 34 celcius would be in farenheit...oh well, I'll just be satisfied with the knowledge that that is really warm. Good luck surviving the heat and humidity, Arathorn!

I hate it when young people (oh, like me? yeah, i suppose...) make horribly irresponsible, impulsive decisions....

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 04-21-2002, 02:50 AM   #325
olsonm
Elf Lord

1 celsius= (9/5 farenheit) then +32 to get f.

34c times 9/5 = 61 1/5

61 1/5 + 32 = 93 1/5 farenheit

93 degrees!

Last edited by olsonm : 04-21-2002 at 02:53 AM.
Old 04-21-2002, 07:11 AM   #326
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Right on, olsonm! I forgot that the US still uses the non-metric sytem.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Old 04-21-2002, 10:00 AM   #327
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanoliel
I hate that the title of this thread has only two exclaimation points. Okay, OKAY, I know that's a terribly vapid excuse for a vent, but it bugs me. You must always have an odd number of !'s. Don't ask me why....I haven't a clue....my asthetics are pleased that way.

I hate having to put Sweet-and-Low --pathetic excuses for sugar!!!*--in my tea. Destroys the whole purpose.

Andruil: Awwwwww....

-tano
p.s. * notice....THREE !!!'s...
Oh i'm sorry, i didn't know the rule of three applied to !!!'s too!!!
I hate that you all vented for 3 pages without me!!!
I hate that i can't get my laptop until next week!!!
I hate tea!!!
I hate coffee!!!
I hate not being able to find any nice food at luch time when i'm at work!!!
Is that enough Tano!!!!!!!!!!!???*

*note, three and eleven!

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 04-21-2002, 12:43 PM   #328
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Thank you, Elfmaster. Well, technically I suppose the rule of three only applies because it's asthetically pleasing to ME (egocentric hobbit that I am...) but...nevermind.
I like tea. But I hate coffee, too, and nevermind I live in the coffee-capital of the U.S....ever heard of Starbucks? Yeah, that was us....*sigh*
Yeah, Arathorn, we're really backwards, and sorta dumb, because scientists here use the metric system, so why can't we just switch? Probably because the American people are so into themselves that they don't want to switch because it's too much trouble for them, and *&%#^ the rest of the world, we wanna do it OUR way! So there, neener neener.
Okay, can you tell I'm not too happy with my country? Yeah, yeah, call me unpatriotic, I don't care...I'm moving to New Zealand next chance I get. Or Ireland. Or England. Anyplace but here.

(That said, within the U.S., Seattle is quite a wonderful place to be...generally...so let it not be construed that I hate my city!)
-tano
p.s. I hate having such huge long posts on here that no one probably reads anyhow...

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 04-21-2002, 12:50 PM   #329
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Well, now that you've mentioned Starbucks, Tano; there's one in almost every other corner in the business districts here in Manila. There's also a Seattle's Best with about 3 or 4 as far as I know and a few other local cafe's trying to have that modern look.

`I hate the way new gadget models keep popping up faster than my budget can keep up.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Put aside the ranger...
Old 04-21-2002, 12:53 PM   #330
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

speaking of starbucks everywhere, there is a starbucks on every corner in London too. We tried so hard to get afternoon tea but failed. They like cofee now. The best afternoon tea we had was on British Airlines. Also the second best tea was at the British Museum. other than that there was almost no tea....
London is full of American chains

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
Old 04-21-2002, 01:04 PM   #331
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Yup. We've got lots of american chains here too; from McDonald's to KFC to Kenny Roger's to Sbarro, to Texas Chicken, Burger King, Carl's Jr., etc...

But I've heard McDonald's is sending in someone high up since this is the only country where they're no.2 in the fastfood industry. Our local Jollibee corporation which owns a burger, a pizza, and a chinese fastfood chain seems to have gotten a hold on no. 1.

I've also been to Indonesia and the fastfood chains there have almost everything done spicier/hotter.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Put aside the ranger...
Old 04-21-2002, 01:07 PM   #332
TinuvielChild
Padawan

i hate having an incredible talent for saying exactly the wrong thing at exactly the wrong time!!!

i hate vacation ending!!!

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-21-2002, 03:31 PM   #333
eowyn144
Elven Warrior

~Little things that make you really mad~

as a contrast to the other thread how about all of lifes little glitches?

~when you hear a really good song on the radio but they don't say who sang it at the end
~un-openable chocolate bars
~when you're just about to post on entmoot but someone gets there just before you saying exactly what you wanted to say
Old 04-21-2002, 03:33 PM   #334
Elf Girl
Lurker

-When I can't find FotR
Old 04-21-2002, 04:27 PM   #335
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Venting thread. 'Nuff said.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 04-21-2002, 04:32 PM   #336
galadriel88

I hate being caught by the 90 - second posting rule!!!!!!!!!! 30 seconds was plenty, why'd they have to up it???

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 04-21-2002, 04:54 PM   #337
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

----.-""-.emplynx's
---/ .--. \doomed
--/ /____\ \thread
--| |____| |mark
--| |.-""-.|
-///`.::::.`\
||| ::/ \:: ;
||; ::\__/:: ;
-\\\ '::::' /
--`=':-..-'`

Last edited by emplynx : 04-21-2002 at 05:05 PM.
Old 04-21-2002, 05:00 PM   #338
galadriel88

Who opened this thing back up? And why'd you delete your post, Tater?

Old 04-21-2002, 05:18 PM   #339
Elf Girl
Lurker

Hear, hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------

has it been 90 secs yet? 1...2...3...4...
Old 04-21-2002, 05:24 PM   #340
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by HOBBIT
speaking of starbucks everywhere, there is a starbucks on every corner in London too. We tried so hard to get afternoon tea but failed. They like cofee now. The best afternoon tea we had was on British Airlines. Also the second best tea was at the British Museum. other than that there was almost no tea....
London is full of American chains
I love coffee. Couldn't live without the stuff...

In NZ we have freaking Starbucks all over the place as well. Right in the city, where I live, there are 10!!! For cr*ps sake, they make cr*ppy coffee. *sigh*