Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 06:48 PM   #321
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

unfortunately have to go, right in the middle of a good fight brewing up! Please check my last PMs

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 11-04-2005, 06:59 PM   #322
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
But Butterbeer, didn't CS have Merwen do her suicide jump in the morning, in broad pre-dawn light? With all kind of people observing her?

yup, the bridge guards all saw it - our good honest tharbad lads and the pompous storm troopers from the other side of the bridge too! (mind you our lads had to be filled in by a passer-by like, as Aratwit was wondering what was up with Dozy (his dog) ... but i am sure that will not appear in the report!

thats why poor barliman (constable BB) has been woken and is "investi-agating" ... but before he could get to the bottom of things and have a good chin wag with the bridge gaurd, big twit, the bloomin' overly officous other lot are trying to come and give their "report": huh! call that a report? ( ai'nt heard it yet mind, but you take my point! clangin' storm troopers! - bah!)

... more to be revealed later ...

best BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 11-04-2005 at 07:02 PM.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:01 PM   #323
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

ri: you mean in the rpg?

best BB
Old 11-04-2005, 07:04 PM   #324
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
ri: you mean in the rpg?

best BB
I know that's what I was gonna say - Rian, you lookin' for an actual fight here in disc. or in the RPG?

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 11-04-2005, 07:07 PM   #325
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
That's fine. I was always prepared to edit, especially if CS wasn't happy with it.
Rian, I've started the sacking scene. You can now continue, and I will post again tomorrow, or later this evening if necessary.
TD, I am sorry that you had to remove all the post. You kept Khamul perfectly in character, as usual. Perhaps you could fill in the empty space by a new post? You can admonish Lilly, and tell her you will cut her face if she doesn't behave, and you can tell Buz you want him for a secret mission, to clean up the mess he has made when drunk.

I have just read your new post, it is very good. Only please, remove the mention of Udu's new house - he hasn't bought it yet (I have put it on the map too early).

Gor
Old 11-04-2005, 07:12 PM   #326
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

TD - I think your latest post is just PERFECT the way it is now. It's really good!

Old 11-04-2005, 07:13 PM   #327
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
I know that's what I was gonna say - Rian, you lookin' for an actual fight here in disc. or in the RPG?

well, if here in discussion .. it couldn't be you and me Lotesse (no one would beleive that!)

... boy, rian's fun when dusts off the old knuckle duster ... betta watch it TD old boy!

heh! GW! .. how are yer? ... yeah, but i thought you thought twice about sending the wolves off again?... no one wanted you to send em off .... after they came all that way too! (if you remember the only problem was elrond knowing the nazgul are here - there was no problem with white patch and old grey ... so i assumed they stayed .. pointless em making a big trip and then having some mutton and going hundreds of miles back again .... we wanna saee white patch and old grey and lord falco, mate!

have em stay here!
Old 11-04-2005, 07:15 PM   #328
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
I have just read your new post, it is very good. Only please, remove the mention of Udu's new house - he hasn't bought it yet (I have put it on the map too early).

Gor
Gordis and TD, strange coincidence. Udu just bought the house.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:17 PM   #329
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

having a house warming party any time soon?
Old 11-04-2005, 07:19 PM   #330
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

YES I second that (what BB says here to GW)!! I figured the roving wolf gang would have taken their leave after that night conference with Lomi, but that a couple important emisarries would stick around - like White Patch and Old Grey. I love your wolves and birds of prey!

Udu - great last post! It seems like almost everyone except the snooty elves in Tharbad is a raving alcoholic, though. I mean, EVERYone drinks like a bunch of fish!! Viv doesn't drink that much, even though she can handle any amount of super-strong miruvor. But not in the MORning ! Alcoholism seems to be a pretty noticeable social problem in Tharbad.

Old 11-04-2005, 07:24 PM   #331
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

*hissup*

...er.. sorry ...

*hiccup*
Old 11-04-2005, 07:36 PM   #332
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Udu, Congratulations! Great to have a new house!

I am almost ready with a floorplan of Orrodel.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:48 PM   #333
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

ahh, thinks of the mysterious evil masked cartographer ...

guess we should have a watch tower on the map, is the 'singing swan' on there yet?

forget the 'red herring', a good inn by all accounts but anyone who is anyone or rather anyone what knows anything about good food or good beer or wine, knows the 'singing swan' ...voted best inn in Tharbad by the watch three years running ...

sorry i couldn't get boom to Orrodel last night ... will try and have him meet up with ML later rpg today ...
Old 11-04-2005, 07:59 PM   #334
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

BB, I guess the watch tower and constable BB's house are close to the bridge, between the Governor's palace and the Bridge? OK?

Where do you want "the Swan"? near the Bridge as well, but in a side street??

Evil Cartographer
Old 11-04-2005, 08:09 PM   #335
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well, looking at the map ... am thinking the watch tower could be the blue dot to the west of the street of hours just off the clock makers and jewellery quarter, that is kinda where i see the singing swan being (street of hours) ... in the artisans area, constable BB lives on a large barge boat on the Charant formen canal ...
Old 11-04-2005, 08:13 PM   #336
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

“having a house warming party any time soon?” - BB

BB, Udu might wait a while for that. He expects the arrival soon of some wains and a group of his servants from the East. Not sure yet on how Tharbad will react to a group of Easterlings, all of whom are a bit more than the regular servant.

“Udu - great last post! It seems like almost everyone except the snooty elves in Tharbad is a raving alcoholic, though. I mean, EVERYone drinks like a bunch of fish!! Viv doesn't drink that much, even though she can handle any amount of super-strong miruvor. But not in the MORning ! Alcoholism seems to be a pretty noticeable social problem in Tharbad.” - Lotesse

Lotesse, no one notices all the drinking (except the elves) because they are too drunk to care. Drinking could be a problem for some in Tharbad, but the Nazgûl can toss it down by the bottle.

“Udu, Congratulations! Great to have a new house!” - Gordis

I thought it was time for Udu to have that house. Convenient there near the livery stable. I think the servants might prove an interesting group. Udu does not have to worry now about hiring the locals. By the way, they are all humans, no wizards, sorcerers, spirits, or anything "unnatural."
Old 11-04-2005, 08:20 PM   #337
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

flying carpets?

bolshy baltis?

dancing girls?

enuchs or harem minders?

snake charmers?

mmm .. curious!
Old 11-04-2005, 08:24 PM   #338
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Vivvie can charm snakes!

Old 11-04-2005, 08:32 PM   #339
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Udu, Aren't you afraid of bringing your little harem so close to your charming brethren, esp. Khamul? He may be tempted to cut your wives's throaths in retaliation for his own...
Old 11-04-2005, 08:40 PM   #340
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

or.... he may discover the veritable garden of delights that a harem is?

ahh, but can vivvie do that walk up a rope ladder thingy?
Closed Thread