Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-18-2006, 09:33 PM   #321
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Gollum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriadoc Brandybuck
I had a dream about Merry, once. It was all about Merry... I don't remember what happened, though.
Of course you did.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:28 PM   #322
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

I recently had a dream -- that I remember vaguely -- that, for some reason, Aragorn was looking under a bed and a voice demanded that Pippin be brought to him (her, it, whatever). Pippin was not to be seen. It was veeery weird.

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer
Meriadoc Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:27 PM   #323
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

I had a dream last night where I was mooting, and there was some weird rap kind of music in the backround. I was something like 'Yo, yo yo, do the Tolkien Entmoot."

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Thain Peregrin Took I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:25 PM   #324
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thain Peregrin Took I
I had a dream last night where I was mooting, and there was some weird rap kind of music in the backround. I was something like 'Yo, yo yo, do the Tolkien Entmoot."
Rap on Entmoot! That would ruin the place. RUIN!
Old 03-17-2006, 12:10 AM   #325
Farimir Captain of Gondor
Spaceman Spiff

Location: In the belly of a Firefly, living in Serenity is where you'll find me
Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Rap on Entmoot! That would ruin the place. RUIN!
This guy thought rap fit ME.

http://www.vesterman.com/Link/LordsOfTheRhymes

"I got more rhymes than there's leaves in Lothlorien".
Old 03-17-2006, 12:21 AM   #326
trolls' bane

Gollum

INVASION! GHETTO INVASION!
Arise! Arise riders of Theoden!

I never thought we'd have ally with Sauron and Saruman! We must destroy the Rap before it corrupts us all!

And you link worked, but I only saw two lines.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:09 AM   #327
Farimir Captain of Gondor
Spaceman Spiff

Location: In the belly of a Firefly, living in Serenity is where you'll find me
Quote:
INVASION! GHETTO INVASION!
Arise! Arise riders of Theoden!

I never thought we'd have ally with Sauron and Saruman! We must destroy the Rap before it corrupts us all!

And you link worked, but I only saw two lines.
I know. The guy either gave up his rap career or the link got moved. Now I'm going to have to search for the "Straight out of Hobbiton" rap.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:12 PM   #328
Meriadoc Brandybuck

2 nights ago I had a dream that Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin where staying in this old two story shack or something. Frodo and Sam were on the second floor. It was dark and raining hard. Suddenly, Pippin screamed and there was something that looked like a flash back of Pippin looking in the Palantir in Frodo and Sam's room. Then Pippin came in on this levitation thingy and made himself look taller than Frodo and Sam by levitating above there heads. Then he said, "I am Lord of the Palantir. Bow down before me."
Then Frodo and Sam levitated on their thing above Pippin. Frodo then said something like, "I will not bow down to you, for I have the Ring." Then I woke up, cold.
Then I repeated my dream to myself, to make sure I didn't forget it.

Old 03-19-2006, 02:05 AM   #329
trolls' bane

Gollum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriadoc Brandybuck
2 nights ago I had a dream that Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin where staying in this old two story shack or something. Frodo and Sam were on the second floor. It was dark and raining hard. Suddenly, Pippin screamed and there was something that looked like a flash back of Pippin looking in the Palantir in Frodo and Sam's room. Then Pippin came in on this levitation thingy and made himself look taller than Frodo and Sam by levitating above there heads. Then he said, "I am Lord of the Palantir. Bow down before me."
Then Frodo and Sam levitated on their thing above Pippin. Frodo then said something like, "I will not bow down to you, for I have the Ring." Then I woke up, cold.
Then I repeated my dream to myself, to make sure I didn't forget it.
You remembered it clearly enough to repeat it? By the time I wake up and realize it was a dream, I usually have already forgotten it. By the time I'm in the shower, which is the first thing I do when I get up, I can't even remember getting up. By the time I'm out, I can't remember getting in. Everything after that I remember much better. Anyway, all that to say, I can't remember my dreams long enough to repeat them, which is really annoying because I have this wierd feeling that the dreams I have would pretty much make my career as a writer and give me a few plots for wierd operas similar in some ways to the Brave Little Vixen or the one where the guy fell in love with three oranges and got turned into a pig in the end by his grandmother.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:16 PM   #330
Meriadoc Brandybuck

Quote:
You remembered it clearly enough to repeat it? By the time I wake up and realize it was a dream, I usually have already forgotten it. By the time I'm in the shower, which is the first thing I do when I get up, I can't even remember getting up. By the time I'm out, I can't remember getting in. Everything after that I remember much better. Anyway, all that to say, I can't remember my dreams long enough to repeat them, which is really annoying because I have this wierd feeling that the dreams I have would pretty much make my career as a writer and give me a few plots for wierd operas similar in some ways to the Brave Little Vixen or the one where the guy fell in love with three oranges and got turned into a pig in the end by his grandmother.
I don't why, but I sometimes actually remember a few quotes from my dreams. Yeah, I get plots from dreams, too.

I sorta kinda remember what my Merry dream was about! Merry was in charge of this army of men. Then they charged. I think they were going to Edoras or something.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:31 AM   #331
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Oh! man, I miss my lord of the rings dreams... I haven't had a middle-earth themed dream in quite a while, now, probably like at least *thinks* for like eight, nine months? Now, come to think of it I really miss those awesome dreams. Especially when I was heavily engrossed in my role-playing in Of Wraiths, here at entmoot, yeah, the fantastic dreams that came out of all that writing-brainstorming, oh hell yeah. Beautiful stuff.

Anyone else had any recent interesting noteworthy lord of the rings-inspired/themed dreams lately, to share? 'Cause I, for one, am all eager ears!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:42 PM   #332
Star
Hobbit

Woah. don't get me started i have one every night. the most recent one i've had is that whaen Merry and Pip were in fangorn forest and all the ents were coming the last one came with me in his hand and every ent and hobbit as they heard me pleading with the ent as he did just waht treebeard did "sounds like orc trickary to me!" I started grasping in pain "you don't understand, i'm a hobbit, a halfling! I'm no orc!"
he was squezing so hard i was bleeding. i began to pass out "Merry, Pip, Sam, F... Frodo... forgive me. I failed. i couldn't keep them out or stay alive long enough to keep them out." i started crying "I guess i wont... see the shire again.... Merry...i...i.." with that i passed out. treebeard came and grabbe dme from the ent. he set the three of us on the ground as merry held me in his arms "Star...Dont leave...Please..."
a single tear fell from his cheeck onto mine. my necklace started to glow softly(Merry gav me a necklace when we were little and we each have one. it changes colors to show how we are feeling) and i began to come back to life. thats when i woke up with blood on my hand. i fell off the bed
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:53 AM   #333
Andreth adaneth
Sapling

I don't dream about ME very often...but I had a very beautiful dream about the Teleri last week

I was just wandering around on some beach at night (uhm...don't ask me why. )...and heard singing in the distance. Twas really beautiful, starry sky and all...so I walked towards the sound, and...voila! 5 Telerin Elves singing to the sea...so beautiful and realistic. So I asked something like "where AM I?" and they said i was near Avalone....*glee* lol. So, I they walked me to Avalonne..I could see the swan ships and many lanterns and it was absolutely beaaaautiful....and then I woke up. Just before we reached the actual city.

Oh boy, I was in a bad mood for the rest of the day, ahahaa
Now dance, dance, dance!
Andreth adaneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:52 AM   #334
orithil
Captain Jack

Whenever i have dreams about lord of the rings they are always about me in a battle field i'm usally just a normal soldier (or a general) but i'm an amazing fighter slaughtering my way through scores of orcs, i have this dream about helms deep or any battle in lord of the rings.

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
orithil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:53 PM   #335
Belwen_of_nargothrond
Enting

Greetings

All the time. I've dreamed about Legolas twice, Gil-Galad once, and not too long ago, I had an odd dream about Thranduil and Legolas was in that one also.

Then I had one dream that wasn't about a particular character in the books, but I think it was tied into Tolkien's works somehow. I dreamed I was walking through this large majestic forest. The trees were so tall they blocked out the sun. I walked along a path in the forest and I was aware of someone with me, but I paid him no attention. Then I came upon a small cottage. I turned to this person and saw he was male with long light blond hair and he was wearing a long white robe with blue trim. He smiled and motioned toward the cottage. The door opened and inside there was a beautiful woman with long dark hair sitting at a table. She motioned for me to enter and as I did I woke up and I'm sorry I did. This dream brought me so much peace and it was so beautiful.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:39 PM   #336
Jon S.
Elven Warrior

Never had a LOTR dream but I have had a fantasy.
Jon S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:19 PM   #337
Belwen_of_nargothrond
Enting

Greetings

I have LOTR fantasies everyday.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:18 PM   #338
Viëllémerwè
Sapling

I once dremt that I was Ulmo, instruction Tuor about his trip to Gondolin, when a giant speedboat crashed upon the shore. That left me quite startled.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:39 PM   #339
shesabrandybuck
Hero of Hyrule

I have had so many lotr dreams that I seriously can not remember them all. I am very sad to say that I haven't had on in a while. But I do actually remember one I had a few years back and all I remember is that the cast (elijah, orlando, viggo, dom, sean, billy) all went snowboarding (including myself), it was a pretty awesome dream if I remember correctly...
And many miles be still to go,
But under a tree I will lie,
And let the clouds go sailing by.

twitter
shesabrandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:33 AM   #340
Star
Hobbit

i had a weird one the other night. My character Star Misaki, the bloger twins diamond and sapphire, Gilbo proudfoot, and Rosie were all sitting in the living room of chrickhollow. Gilbo made some sort of toast when merry and the others walked in, only the girls didn't notice the boys. then star drank the whole thing of wine and fell back on the coach cause she was sick. 'That was the most disgusting stuff i've ever had!' and then sapphire or diamond, i don't know wich told star 'Begging your pardon, but if it was that disgusting then why did you drink all of it?' And star just threw something at whichever twin said it and rolled over saying 'I'm so depressed i don't know what i'm doing anymore...' and fell asleep. then i switched to a dream were i was a purple alien cat that ate a dog and walked on the wall and all kind of weird stuff like that then i switched back to my lotr dream were star woke up and merry was on top of her sucking her neck. that's all i can say without going over pg-13. 0.o it scared me...