Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 04:03 PM   #301
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydevil
I'm sure with the PC movement - someday that will be unPC too. This is all a result of ridiculous PCness.
you seem to be more hung-up on not being PC than the PC people are hung up on being PC... or is it not PC to say that?
Old 12-21-2004, 04:06 PM   #302
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfhelm
Why are you willing to believe a digruntled employee instead of the people who have known her and worked with her for years? What right do we have to crucify her in the press? Why not let the jury decide instead of Sean Hannity? I sure wouldn't want to go on trial with Sean as the judge, jury, and executioner! Would you?
Why the hell do you constantly bring up sean hannity? I don't get you - do you think that all I do is watch Fox or something - so you feel it's necessary to make these comments? Also - don't you think that people who have known her and worked for her for years might not necessariy be the most impartial? let's turn your scenario around - why don't we have killer's families and friends be judge, jury and executioner? You seem to want to just believe the friends of this woman and let them judge her. I want the facts.

Also - what makes people question the principal more is the history of California in doing crazy things like this and always having a political agenda to throw out American history when it doesn't conform to their liberal ideas.

There is a saying that I heard here - can't remember where it was, but it went like this - the freaks of the east felt out of place - so they headed westward. Some discovered the midwest to be nice - so they settled there. Many kept moving further west looking for the right place to settle. Some liked the Rocky Mountain area - and stopped there to build their homesteads. But the most freakish of the freaks - kept moving until they could go no further because of the Pacific Ocean. Those people settled LA and San Francisco. That is why California is filled with a bunch of freaks.

Not very PC I know - but oh well.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 12-21-2004, 04:08 PM   #303
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownjenkins
you seem to be more hung-up on not being PC than the PC people are hung up on being PC... or is it not PC to say that?
How is that? I don't care one thing about being PC or not PC. I'll say what I feel - that's all. I'm not a racist, bigot or sexist. But PCness goes far beyond that stuff anyway.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 12-21-2004, 04:54 PM   #304
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Quote:
Why the hell do you constantly bring up sean hannity? I don't get you - do you think that all I do is watch Fox or something - so you feel it's necessary to make these comments?
http://www.cupertinocourier.com/cu-news2.shtml
It is interesting to me that you want to find a personal attack in my reference to Sean Hannity. I mentioned him because he is the one who has already judged and decided this case in the media. I'm not sure justice is served by this sort of frenzy mongering.

Quote:
Also - don't you think that people who have known her and worked for her for years might not necessariy be the most impartial? let's turn your scenario around - why don't we have killer's families and friends be judge, jury and executioner? You seem to want to just believe the friends of this woman and let them judge her. I want the facts.
You said you wanted to hear the other side. I thought we were both after the same thing. You are incorrect in assuming what I want to believe. I did not say let her friends judge her. I said let the jury decide. Contrary to what you want to believe about us, we liberals are idealists about justice and we do not want it to be distorted by television shows that are interested solely in being watched so they can charge a higher price for their ads.

Quote:
Also - what makes people question the principal more is the history of California in doing crazy things like this and always having a political agenda to throw out American history when it doesn't conform to their liberal ideas.

There is a saying that I heard here - can't remember where it was, but it went like this - the freaks of the east felt out of place - so they headed westward. Some discovered the midwest to be nice - so they settled there. Many kept moving further west looking for the right place to settle. Some liked the Rocky Mountain area - and stopped there to build their homesteads. But the most freakish of the freaks - kept moving until they could go no further because of the Pacific Ocean. Those people settled LA and San Francisco. That is why California is filled with a bunch of freaks.

Not very PC I know - but oh well.
Actually, it's not cool. Insulting an entire state will prove nothing. Do you really expect anyone to be convinced by this sort of shenanigan? It wouldn't be offensive, it would just be funny, if the motive behind it weren't to EXCLUDE all freaks from participation in the democracy.

Now, back to the topic. What I want to know is, did this teacher show the class what Madison had to say on the subject as well as what Washington had to say? Did he show them each of the Clinton pronouncements on the National Day of Prayer (NDP)? Did he show what Jefferson said, or Lincoln, or Truman? Or was he only showing one side? Isn't that the question? Did Hannity address that when he asked Oliver North to pass judgement on this woman (who wasn't even there to defend herself)? Why can't we let the jury decide? Why not report the facts as clearly as possible and in a way that doesn't influence the jury?

Now that Sean Hannity has already been the judge, jury, and executioner of the case, everyone who fears this country is going to the devil will have a nervous breakdown if the judge decides that the teacher was being too onesided and misrepresenting American history (I mean excluding Madison's comments and Jefferson's).

We've had an NDP in this country for more than 50 years. That is a fact. Nobody is going to take it away. But nowadays the NDP is culturally inclusive. They say "in your own way" or "as your faith guides you".
Old 12-21-2004, 05:02 PM   #305
jerseydevil

I don't have tike to respond to all of this right now - but I will repsond to this part.
Quote:
http://www.cupertinocourier.com/cu-news2.shtml
It is interesting to me that you want to find a personal attack in my reference to Sean Hannity. I mentioned him because he is the one who has already judged and decided this case in the media. I'm not sure justice is served by this sort of frenzy mongering.
The reason why I asked that was because I have seen this talked about on numerous news programs - including ABC - so to single out Sean Hannity - when many in the have been acting the same way - is sort of interesting.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 12-21-2004, 05:07 PM   #306
jerseydevil

Quote:
Actually, it's not cool. Insulting an entire state will prove nothing. Do you really expect anyone to be convinced by this sort of shenanigan? It wouldn't be offensive, it would just be funny, if the motive behind it weren't to EXCLUDE all freaks from participation in the democracy.
Sorry - news flash for you - most of the rest of the country does think that California is made up of a bunch of freaks. As for excluding an entire state from democracy - who even suggested that?

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 12-21-2004, 05:11 PM   #307
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Quote:
The reason why I asked that was because I have seen this talked about on numerous news programs - including ABC - so to single out Sean Hannity - when many in the have been acting the same way - is sort of interesting.
The link was to the right of the letters to the editor. I assumed you had followed it up to see if there were other stories in the local paper as I had. I looked for the letters from the week before, too, but I couldn't find a link.
Old 12-21-2004, 05:14 PM   #308
inked
Elf Lord

IR, you wrote:"do I need to put a qualifier every time I talk to you then? *PLEASE NOTE: the use of the term “Jersey” is in no way meant as derogatory or maligning language and users of said phrase will not be held liable for any perceived injury or defamation. If you want to perceive that I use the term as in insult that’s your problem. I don’t. if I want to insult you ill do it directly."

This precisely the action you should take to be PC ! This is the best summation you could have produced! Compare that to BoP's dry, drab, PC definition of PC! Yours is spot on! And, you should do that same thing for everyone in the universe who alleges, or more likely, has alleged on their behalf by interfering busybodies known as liberals, any action/word/gesture/symbol/picture/ et cetera ad nauseum or bankruptcium that might possibly interfere with any possible area of life that might intrude into the public domain (note best known groups are ACLU and NAACP - who last defended Hispanics when?).
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
Old 12-21-2004, 05:15 PM   #309
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Quote:
Sorry - news flash for you - most of the rest of the country does think that California is made up of a bunch of freaks.
i'm sure r*an might disagree with that

are we freaks in massachusetts too?
Old 12-21-2004, 05:16 PM   #310
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Quote:
Sorry - news flash for you - most of the rest of the country does think that California is made up of a bunch of freaks. As for excluding an entire state from democracy - who even suggested that?
Why call them names if not to take their power away?
Old 12-21-2004, 05:20 PM   #311
inked
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizra
Hey! 1000 posts! Nice round #. Yes, southern accents can be scary, because it's hard to tell when they are dripping with sarcasm.....but I do prefer the politeness, things proceed more smoothly with politeness, so...I'll take PC over no PC...it's better, imo.

OOHHH, NOOOOOOOO! Lizra is not PC because I am from South Carolina and talk r-eye-uut 'n a'l'n y'allllllll, doan !!!

The dulcet and mellifluous tones and intonations of my birthplace should not be sullied with rank amateurs attempting to talk CORE- RECT- LY. They put Paris Island in SC for a reason or two. Proper drill Sargeants wuz onliest once uv 'em. 'Gators 'twas d' uther!!!!!
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
Old 12-21-2004, 05:31 PM   #312
jerseydevil

Quote:
Why call them names if not to take their power away?
Again - hahahahahaha. I find your thinking so hilarious. Names can only take your power away if you let them. I'm sorry - california is freakish.

As for Rian - there are always exceptions. But I knwo many on the liberal side have thought of her as such because of her strong religious beliefs. I find it funny how you guys bitch about me calling californias freakish - when you have said similar things about religious people, the religious right and republicans. I guess you have no trouble with hypocracy.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 12-21-2004, 05:32 PM   #313
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

hahahahahaha rule by hypos?
Old 12-21-2004, 05:43 PM   #314
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Quote:
I find it funny how you guys bitch about me calling californias freakish - when you have said similar things about religious people, the religious right and republicans. I guess you have no trouble with hypocracy.
i have no problem with hypocracy at all... i'm intelligent enough to realize that it is a fact of life that all express

i also don't bitch... i comment
Old 12-21-2004, 05:47 PM   #315
inked
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by inked
OOHHH, NOOOOOOOO! Lizra is not PC because I am from South Carolina and talk r-eye-uut 'n a'l'n y'allllllll, doan !!!

The dulcet and mellifluous tones and intonations of my birthplace should not be sullied with rank amateurs attempting to talk CORE- RECT- LY. They put Paris Island in SC for a reason or two. Proper drill Sargeants wuz onliest once uv 'em. 'Gators 'twas d' uther!!!!!
I RE--FUUZED Ta' b' 'NORED! byYA'LL, Y' HEERA?
Old 12-21-2004, 05:51 PM   #316
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Quote:
As for Rian - there are always exceptions. But I knwo many on the liberal side have thought of her as such because of her strong religious beliefs. I find it funny how you guys bitch about me calling californias freakish - when you have said similar things about religious people, the religious right and republicans. I guess you have no trouble with hypocracy.
And you "bitch" about Europeans "bitching" about Americans when you yourself "bitch" about Californians?
Old 12-21-2004, 05:57 PM   #317
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falagar
And you "bitch" about Europeans "bitching" about Americans when you yourself "bitch" about Californians?
The states bitch about each other continously. it's the same as it is within the EU. Anyway - it's like a family - we can bitch about each other but don't anyone outside bitch about one of us. As you may have noticed - I WILL bitch about NY - but if someone outside of the country does - I will stick up for NY.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 12-21-2004, 05:59 PM   #318
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

all this bitching is making me dizzy.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Old 12-21-2004, 06:01 PM   #319
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by inked
This precisely the action you should take to be PC ! This is the best summation you could have produced! Compare that to BoP's dry, drab, PC definition of PC! Yours is spot on!
yes which explains my very next sentence in regard to irony. and jersey walked into my PC trap very well I thought. Think he got the point?

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Old 12-21-2004, 06:11 PM   #320
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious Rex
yes which explains my very next sentence in regard to irony. and jersey walked into my PC trap very well I thought. Think he got the point?
I didn't say that the term Jersey had anything to do with PC or not. I just think you use it to be condescending - that's all. Under terms of the arguments here - you aren't supposed to use ANY terms which might offend another person. Under the CONTEXT you use "Jersey" - I am offended. Whether you stop or not - is up to you. But the only time you use it is when you are making a snide comment.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Closed Thread