Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-17-2003, 11:18 AM   #301
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
Wel, I will try to have Aralle start a rescue effort (if it's still needed) as soon as I can finish her battle with the gargoyle.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 09:04 PM   #302
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

Yes, yes i knew i wasn't in the group but i was unsure of what to do! One more question though shall I go into my woods now and watch the fight or shall i remain and then wander into my woods after the fight has finished? The only tricky part should be convincing Aralle that i'm on her side and want to help her for i don't think she noticed me the first time i should say.
Jack: "Monkey!"
"It's captain Jack Sparrow, captain..."
"If you were waiting for the opportune moment that was it."
Red coat, "Impersonating a judge."
Jack: (Oh, ya that was fun look on his face)
"Do us a favour...i know it's hard...but stay here and try not to do...anything...stupid."
"Yes...but why is the rum gone?!"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
elvishfaerie3088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 03:29 AM   #303
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

If you are planning on assisting in the rescue, sneaking into the woods now and meeting up with Aralle is probably the best idea, once she finished her bout with the gargoyle.
Old 01-20-2003, 01:00 AM   #304
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

?

? Did you want me to post now so the fight between whoever can start or am i suppose to wait? 'Cause it seems like your waiting for me to post since no one has posted. I'm sorry if i didn't know i was suppose to post and i'm holding everyone up.
"Do us a favour...i know it's hard...but stay here and try not to do...anything...stupid."
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
Old 01-20-2003, 04:34 AM   #305
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I think we're waiting for the fight between the gryphon and the gargoyle to finish. As long as that goes on the rest of the group has to wait for the rescue.

Maybe you could go and find the gryphon and the gargoyle and end the fight because it is still your forest and you don't want to see it damaged during a fight. Just a suggestion, though.
Old 01-20-2003, 03:44 PM   #306
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

How about the guards get distracted by the fighting creatuuures and one of the hobbits and or elves(since they are thee most silence) escape and get help or something?
Old 01-20-2003, 03:51 PM   #307
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Help from whom anyway? Only living things we've met in this wood is a crazed elf and some strange never-before-seen-creatures that runs in and out... so where go for help? Nered? guess it is best to stay with the plan that was firstly made.. for the griffin and elf to rescue yeh in some way or the other...
Old 01-20-2003, 05:49 PM   #308
Silverstripe

What's funny is how everyone is calling this a "fight" when no fight has yet begun! Hmmm... well, since Zavron isn't posting, I'll try to come up with a way to temporarily end the conflict.
Old 01-20-2003, 09:47 PM   #309
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

Heh Heh Heh uh hope nobody else wanted that opening,
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
Old 01-23-2003, 09:39 AM   #310
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Is it just me? Or is this "people using 1st person form" ( "I" instead of "name") pretty confusing..? I must say I tend to forget these characters name... specially among the hobbits sorry bout this, but I must admit I find the 3rd person form much more direct and easy... ahh well got that out of my system!

anyway... had to save that thing in the rpg, or felt like it... remember it is the griffin and fem.elf that is comming for the rescue, the hobbits won't that was the plan anyway... though changing Athalts mind might be a little bit harder then what it seemed at first... I think the Griffin has to leave Athalt no choise but to turn his path and head for the Barrows... Which leads to another dilemma, how?
Old 01-23-2003, 12:05 PM   #311
Silverstripe

I agree with you, first person can be confusing. Who "I" is (er...am?) keeps changing. With third person, POV still changes somewhat, but at least it's always the same narrator.
Old 01-23-2003, 02:00 PM   #312
Earniel

I agree, with more players it's difficult (for me) to remember who's talking at the time. I find third person easier to follow.

I'm not so sure we'll find a logical way to make Athalt and his 30 soldiers go voluntarily to the barrows. After the last fight we've had it would require hefty arguments to change his mind, which I don't think we have.

It would also be very difficult to force Athalt to go. There's a slight imbalance in numbers here, no matter how bad fighters these soldiers have proven to be. They're still with a lot more and I definately vote against killing them all off, no matter how convenient.

I think there's more (logic and) possibility in letting the group escape Athalt and his soldiers with the help of Aralle and Glistenfae and maybe some magic on Elise's part. And maybe they manage to put Athalt on the wrong track afterwards so that he can follow them to the barrowdowns but with a few days delay so the little fellowship can do what's needed at the barrow downs before he catches up. Or you can always try to steal their horses. That ought to slow them down considerably too.

Just my two eurocents.

EDIT: Ah, I've just seen that the rescue plan is getting started.

Last edited by Earniel : 01-23-2003 at 02:01 PM.
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 07:41 PM   #313
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

As might be guessed from my latest post, Aasinav is willing to use his own magic to help the group escape. He will only do so if there seems to be no other way out, and he will keep it as simple and small as possible - creating a cloud of fog, spooking off the horses, etc. Causing some minor confusion that the group can make use of to break free, without any casualties on any side. So anyone running the rescue - feel free to add that in.
Old 01-26-2003, 11:27 AM   #314
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Zavron - just a warning that it is not in especially good taste to cripple other player's characters without permission. Attacking them, at least in this situation is understandable - but you may wish to edit that out. Now, if Silverstripe is fine with it, that is one thing - but you may be asked to change it.
Old 01-26-2003, 04:05 PM   #315
Silverstripe

The problem with Aralle having a broken leg is, she wouldn't be able to accompany the group to the Barrow Downs like that! Griffins do not just heal within a day. If someone is willing to do a, er, magical healing, I guess, then it's fine. If not, I would prefer for Zavron to edit that part out. I'm not angry, but it simply isn't logical for Aralle to be going on a quest when she has a broken leg, and I don't want to miss out.
Old 01-30-2003, 12:05 AM   #316
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Not to complain and all but when are we going to get back to the other characters?
We need to continue the story or it will dimolish(sp) And I like this rpg .
Old 01-30-2003, 03:55 PM   #317
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Well, the gargoyle's reappearance and battling seems to have obstructed the rescue attempt a little, but it doesn't mean it has completely halted. If nothing happens within the next few days, I'll begin it myself.
Old 01-31-2003, 12:08 AM   #318
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Good cause I like this rpg. This is the first time i have been a hobbit in an rpg and like this change in character.
Old 01-31-2003, 01:06 AM   #319
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

ok, let me see if i've got this straight. The gargole is on a mountain in human form, Aralle is in the forest with one of the hobbits. Glimdrell is giving back weapons. Everyone is staring at the soilders or the sky. The soilders are staring at me (Glistenfae) on the ground cause i (Glistenfae) made a disturbance? Sounds to me like were at a stand still.
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
Old 01-31-2003, 06:07 AM   #320
Earniel

Well, I must confess that I'm rather unsure what is happening. That's why I decided to wait for other people to post until I can follow again.