Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2002, 11:30 PM   #301
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

If I saw him on the street, yeah, I would think he's hot (he is!), but I wouldn't be in love with him or anything. There are lots of hot movie stars out there; the only reason I like Elijah is because he IS Frodo.

His teeth? They're great! The little gap between them . . . that's just the kind of thing I want to stick my tongue through . . . oops, did I type that? Ah, well.

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
Old 04-04-2002, 11:35 PM   #302
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Quote:
Originally posted by FrodoFriend
The little gap between them . . . that's just the kind of thing I want to stick my tongue through . . . oops, did I type that?
you too FF? and yes, you did type that. so did i.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-05-2002, 01:26 AM   #303
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Rána Eressëa
Okay, now I wouldn't want to ever have a kid like Malcaulay Culkin played, but Elijah Wood's character was trying to stop the madness. Why would 'Lij's character convince you to not want to have kids?
Okay, I'll admit it....

.... It was .....

..... the ......

HAIRCUT!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2002, 01:40 AM   #304
Entlover
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Midgardsormen
[B]I cannot believe I just read this WHOLE THREAD!! LOL:
Just do not mistake beauty for what is inside someone!! Being good looking is nice, but being nice is, in the long run more important.....(it seems that Elijah is both,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have to agree with you absolutely Midgardsormen.
What is so appealing about EW is his niceness that comes through. But nice is too generic a term . . .maybe it's his courtesy. I taped the Oscars and noticed that during his interviews, whenever anyone else started talking, Elijah stopped talking and paid close attention to that person. And after they showed the clip of FotR that he narrated, he looked a little self conscious, then someone clapped him on the shoulder and he smiled at them . .. just strikes me as a very courteous and modest person.
He said "I think it's about bravery, really." It sounded like somebody wrote that for him, but maybe not.
Old 04-05-2002, 02:45 AM   #305
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Yah...I still stick to my earlier post. And who was it that said all the hobbits were ugly? *narrows eyes* NO ONE disses my Sam! (I'm not even going to get into the April Fool's PM Willow Oran sent me....grrrrr.....EVIL GIRL!)
btw, One, he can't be your gay lover. You're female.
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 04-05-2002, 02:59 AM   #306
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

*stumbles in head bowed*. I didn't say all hobbits are ugly, I was saying that Frodo was very good looking compared to the majority of other hobbits in the movie. I was thinking of that hobbit man and woman at the start and Mr. Proudfoot. I think Sam (who is my fav character) is cute, as is Merry and Pippin. Hmm, I think I'm liking Elijah more every minute.
Old 04-05-2002, 04:49 AM   #307
Midgardsormen
Hobbit

You better not start liking him too much....or else you will have to remember to bring a whole box of tissues...I think the next two movies are going to be SOOO emotionally hard on us that like Hobbits in general and Frodo in particular...
I just cannot imagine anyone else playing Frodo!!

By the way...Elijah and Sean Astin are going back to do some more filming in June....are there any rumours about why?? Would they be adding anything more to TTT (maybe making it longer because FotR did so well????)
The more Sam and Frodo we get the better
Old 04-05-2002, 12:59 PM   #308
Pip
Elven Warrior

I can't believe you guys are judging Elijah because of his teeth. What about his attitude. I saw some video clips with him and I really like his attitiude. He's the knid of guy i like. He's serious when he needs to be. But most of the time he's rather funny. He's got a good heart. So lay off his teeth.
Old 04-05-2002, 01:04 PM   #309
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Quote:
Originally posted by Pip
I can't believe you guys are judging Elijah because of his teeth. What about his attitude. I saw some video clips with him and I really like his attitiude. He's the knid of guy i like. He's serious when he needs to be. But most of the time he's rather funny. He's got a good heart. So lay off his teeth.
yeah, Pip has his (her??) heart in the right place. you'll go far on Entmoot, Pip. btw, are you male or female?? (i've made the gender mistake altogether too many times on here. )

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-05-2002, 01:57 PM   #310
Pip
Elven Warrior

TC. I'm a girl. I have this name for two reasons. One I really like Pippin. He's cute and he has a good heart. Two all the girl names I wanted were taken. Oh, and by the way, thanks

Last edited by Pip : 04-05-2002 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-05-2002, 03:44 PM   #311
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Pip
Er... seen as so most of you (all of you probably) have never met the guy, don't know him personally, and have never had a cup of tea with him, then I don't think you're fit to make judgements about his personality. For all we know, he could be a secret Gollum.

Next, I was only kidding around with the teeth and the haircut. I still think he is funny looking, (and lets face it, had he not been in LOTR, most of you either wouldn't know who he is, or wouldn't think he's that good looking.), but that's my own opinion. So sue me.
Old 04-05-2002, 04:23 PM   #312
TinuvielChild
Padawan

alright, i will sue you BoP! you have officially joined Gerbil's side, and therefore we must crush you like we have crushed the worthy rodent (btw, has anyone seen Gerbil lately? )

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-05-2002, 04:33 PM   #313
Pip
Elven Warrior

BoP,
You're absolutly right. I don't personally know Elijah Wood. But My guess is that he's a really nice guy. as I've said before I still need to get to know him. But if I just met him I would still judge him based on his attitude not the fact that he's a movie star. And I bet you that I would like him.
Old 04-05-2002, 07:46 PM   #314
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Yeah, riiiiiight, you're not at all influenced by the fact that he starred in LOTR....
Old 04-05-2002, 10:28 PM   #315
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Quote:
Yeah, riiiiiight, you're not at all influenced by the fact that he starred in LOTR....
Well, duh. I don't know about everyone else here, but my name is FrodoFriend - not ElijahFriend. I like Frodo!!! And the reason I like Elijah is because he plays Frodo, and does a very cute and skillful job of it. So there.

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

Old 04-05-2002, 10:36 PM   #316
Pip
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
I would answer yes and no to that question. Yes, because I know he's around because of this awareness in Lord of the Rings. No, because I usually try to judge people for who they are and not what they look like or how popular they are. Yes, I agree he is cute. But there's more to a guy than that. From what I have seen from Elijah he seems like a really nice guy. So, your right I am influenced by the fact that he is in Lord of the Rings. But even if he wasn't in Lord of the Rings I bet I would still like him.

Last edited by Pip : 04-05-2002 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-06-2002, 12:50 AM   #317
Entlover
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Pip

But even if he wasn't in Lord of the Rings I bet I would still like him.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Correct. I watched the Faculty (a grade B horror movie, I admit it) a zillion times because he's in it . . .though the monster is pretty cool too, and I also like the director Rodriguez.
Has anybody seen Elijah in other movies? Do you recommend any?
Old 04-06-2002, 01:51 AM   #318
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

The Faculty was cool. A bit dumb, but still cool.

Old 04-06-2002, 01:52 AM   #319
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

I hope Elijah and Sean go back to New Zealand for more filming. When Elijah has a spare minute he can come to southern Australia (where I live) to visit me, since he didn't last time. It will be cold that time of year, but I will, ahem, warm him up. I don't care about his teeth, cause I agree with FrodoFriend (who I think wants to be more than friends.)
Old 04-06-2002, 03:39 AM   #320
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Er... seen as so most of you (all of you probably) have never met the guy, don't know him personally, and have never had a cup of tea with him, then I don't think you're fit to make judgements about his personality. For all we know, he could be a secret Gollum.

Next, I was only kidding around with the teeth and the haircut. I still think he is funny looking, (and lets face it, had he not been in LOTR, most of you either wouldn't know who he is, or wouldn't think he's that good looking.), but that's my own opinion. So sue me.
You know BoP you nearly always take the fun out of debates by bloody well having a good point. Second I like Gollum. And third beauty is in the eye of the beholder. All too true and I won't press charges against you