Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 06:04 AM   #301
Mari
Elf Lady

Sorry, I hardly know what you are talking about

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 12-09-2009, 08:21 AM   #302
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Wow, that's indeed a lot of applications. I hope you're not going to have to shell out for each and everyone of those functions, though.

I'm a bit out of touch with all that sort of new technology. Last time I looked at the new generation of MP3 players, I was very surprised at how tiny they are these days. I have seen sugar cubes that are bigger! So I'm probably not the right person to ask.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:46 AM   #303
Midge
Faithful Gardener

My fiance recently got a Motorola Droid. Not quite a Touch, but ... slightly comparable in the least, I suppose. He's pretty excited about it.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 12-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #304
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
Wow, that's indeed a lot of applications. I hope you're not going to have to shell out for each and everyone of those functions, though.
No! Some people make these programs and distribute them for free! O_o Or, a lot of times, a less than $5 cost. All of the programs I want/need are free, luckily. The expense for me is in buying the actual machine.

Plus apparently I'll be able to browse the internet (although very slowly) during boring concerts. Hooray . That's the perfect time to review class notes, write e-mails, and generally get ahead on other work...

It will be great... apparently I can also scan my music at the library, e-mail it to myself, then I'll be able to open the files on the iPod! O_o So I'll actually be able to review my sheet music whenever without needing to lug around my thick music folder. YAY! It means I wont have to buy the sheet music program and then rebuy the music I want.

It's going to be a bit like having my laptop with me, although with very limited function. It's okay though because all of the functions that I need for my music will be there... so I can have all of the convenience of my laptop for my practice sessions at school without having to lug around a 6 lb laptop .

Last edited by Tessar : 12-09-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:34 PM   #305
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Ask some serious questions this Friday & WE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qgcy-V6YIuI

Best to ya all from ur friend Gw
Old 12-11-2009, 08:53 PM   #306
Amael
Elven Warrior

Happy Hanukkah!!!!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:58 PM   #307
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Hey guys! I'm doing that thing again, where I ignore the fact that I have a final tomorrow and am on Entmoot. Actually, I pretty much have an A, even though the final is pretty hard. My prof has been in and out of class and promised us all that we could drop a test grade if we wanted... I'm happy with my other test grades. Anyone out for good this semester? Or at least till next semester?

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 12-15-2009, 06:24 AM   #308
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

-runs in ducking flying buggys-

I swear the customers at Walmart are going to kill me! Don't they know this time of year is not the best time to play Associate Bowling or How Hard Can You Hit A Random Employee.

Speaking of hit and runs, Custumer finally got hit in the cross walk in the parking lot. Apparently, some people think "PED X-ING" means speed up.

And another Idiot hit a sign for the truck path so hard the sign came out of the asfault. I was laughing so hard when I saw the pictures. This is what they get for speeding in a parking lot and trying to cut across parking spaces.

ROFLMAO

So how is everyone? Hopefully not stressing out during the holidays.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 12-15-2009, 06:36 AM   #309
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

I'm doing alright, although I shouldn't be arrogant enough to assume anyone should care. I know -exactly- how everyone feels - they feel well in a world without me, and are miserable otherwise. Of course, it's been a rough couple of weeks. Yeah, one of those times again, go figure.

Physically I'm alright...so far. Family life, alright too. It's just everything else I'm fed up with...everything else. I'm...fed up with me. It's some sort of neurotic sense of satisfaction I get, to hate myself. It's strange. Nothing is really wrong, yet it's as if I need to think I'm a demon from hell, or else I just don't feel right.

I get the feeling everyone here even takes me for either an idiot, imbecile, moron, buffoon, loser, or some form of douchebag. It's the feeling that everyone just wants me gone from everything. It's why I hadn't been around much. That's pretty much how I'm feeling at the moment. Maybe I'm imagining things that aren't there, but I'm probably not. And either way, I'll feel different...that is if I can start getting normal rest once again. And even without that, I'll probably feel different several hours...or minutes from now. Just have to blow off steam.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:49 AM   #310
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acalewia View Post

I swear the customers at Walmart are going to kill me! Don't they know this time of year is not the best time to play Associate Bowling or How Hard Can You Hit A Random Employee.

Speaking of hit and runs, Custumer finally got hit in the cross walk in the parking lot. Apparently, some people think "PED X-ING" means speed up.

And another Idiot hit a sign for the truck path so hard the sign came out of the asfault. I was laughing so hard when I saw the pictures. This is what they get for speeding in a parking lot and trying to cut across parking spaces.

ROFLMAO

This seems as good a time as any to link to PEOPLE OF WALMART!!!

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 12-15-2009, 12:30 PM   #311
Noble Elf Lord
Leaf-Crowned Lord Of Elvenpath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe View Post
I'm doing alright, although I shouldn't be arrogant enough to assume anyone should care. I know -exactly- how everyone feels - they feel well in a world without me, and are miserable otherwise. Of course, it's been a rough couple of weeks. Yeah, one of those times again, go figure.
One of those times I'd like to: close your mouth, slap your cheeks (gently) to bring you to your senses and tell you that you are a wonderful person. Remember: it's alright that you let this stuff out, but once it's done and we here have consoled you, don't presume to put it on us again. Continues after the next quote.

Quote:
Physically I'm alright...so far. Family life, alright too. It's just everything else I'm fed up with...everything else. I'm...fed up with me. It's some sort of neurotic sense of satisfaction I get, to hate myself. It's strange. Nothing is really wrong, yet it's as if I need to think I'm a demon from hell, or else I just don't feel right.
I know this feeling exactly. It was the biggest part of me only a few months ago. But since you have a good family life - you do have a good family, for heavens' sake!! - you shouldn't be gloomy. Depressed. Like that. It's uncertain whether I'll ever have a family. Well, I left heart candies, a heart necklace and a "Sorry this took so long" message behind the piece of my could-be love's art class work, hoping for the best. <3

Quote:
I get the feeling everyone here even takes me for either an idiot, imbecile, moron, buffoon, loser, or some form of douchebag. It's the feeling that everyone just wants me gone from everything. It's why I hadn't been around much. That's pretty much how I'm feeling at the moment. Maybe I'm imagining things that aren't there, but I'm probably not. And either way, I'll feel different...that is if I can start getting normal rest once again. And even without that, I'll probably feel different several hours...or minutes from now. Just have to blow off steam.
Let's see... No, no, no, propably (), no, and no. It's all in your head. Dude, you're dear to us. Try to recall that before you go deppy again.

...Was I any good?
Old 12-15-2009, 12:53 PM   #312
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:

I was going to give you a good whackin' in reply, but I see Noble beat me to it
Ah well *whacks anyway*
I care. But you always shove that aside like it doesn't matter. Don't. Or I'll have to whack so hard you won't be able to deny it. Mwuhahahaha!

In other news: I'm going to sleep now so I can leave for my vacation to the UK fresh and awake in JUST THREE HOURS!!!! Kyaaaa! >_< ^_^

Old 12-15-2009, 02:38 PM   #313
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Maybe I'm imagining things that aren't there, but I'm probably not.
Yes you are . Fixed beliefs of self-disparagement is a feature when your spirits are low. The beliefs do seem true to you but can be easily punctuated with some logical reasoning. That's one of the reasons why talking with people you like, can have a tremendous effect on your gloominess

I hope you'll feel better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
In other news: I'm going to sleep now so I can leave for my vacation to the UK fresh and awake in JUST THREE HOURS!!!! Kyaaaa! >_< ^_^
Nice! Where are you heading? Will you stay in Britain for Christmas as well?
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #314
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acalewia View Post

ROFLMAO

My favorite is that at our Wal-Mart here, they've recently remodeled everything, which includes these great signs that say "NO TRUCK PARKING PERMITTED" at the end of every row in the parking lot. Doesn't stop several semi-trucks from parking overnight every night. I'm assuming they mean semis. It's not like they want to discourage their pickup-truck driving customers from coming to Wal-Mart, especially here where pickups are actually necessary some of the time. I'll have to post a picture.

Some of those "peopleofwalmart.com" things are NASTY.

Last edited by Midge : 12-15-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:04 PM   #315
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Prepare A Containment Device For A Dairy Product This Friday & WE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ45_kvgyq4

Best to ya all from ur friend Anders

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 12-16-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #316
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Old 12-16-2009, 01:35 PM   #317
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

42/pi = 13.37

That is all.

Old 12-18-2009, 02:20 PM   #318
Noble Elf Lord
Leaf-Crowned Lord Of Elvenpath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Elf Lord View Post
I know this feeling exactly. It was the biggest part of me only a few months ago.
A lil update: it's the biggest part of me again. Mind if I join the club, Ingwe?

She returned the candies and the present - unopened. I was late, again, because I'm a bloody rotten coward. And I forbid Mari to whack me.

I haven't really even realized it yet properly. Hasn't sunk in. I'll be finding some salt water on my pillow when it does, I guess. Ugh...
Old 12-18-2009, 07:48 PM   #319
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Ouch
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #320
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
Nice! Where are you heading? Will you stay in Britain for Christmas as well?
Manchester but I'll be home on the 23rd, in time for my grandmother's birthday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Elf Lord View Post
A lil update: it's the biggest part of me again. Mind if I join the club, Ingwe?

She returned the candies and the present - unopened. I was late, again, because I'm a bloody rotten coward. And I forbid Mari to whack me.

I haven't really even realized it yet properly. Hasn't sunk in. I'll be finding some salt water on my pillow when it does, I guess. Ugh...
*hug*

I don't whack in that sort of cases, dear. *gives Noble another hug to take away his fear of being whacked while feeling justifiably sad*

Closed Thread