Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 04:17 PM   #301
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

thanks Rian

serious, moiree ? .. it's ok CS is away till monday, so she can't pick me up on the bad french, till then!

TD cheers! by the way if thats the way you wanta go with kahmul of course its fine ... meant to post that ... but cheers anyway ...

Gor: leave poor val alone ... 'one or two sentences' ... he can have three ...even .. four if he wishes!

best BB ... promises to post something tonight! (well the moon does look blue from here )
Old 11-04-2005, 05:13 PM   #302
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

That's fine. I was always prepared to edit, especially if CS wasn't happy with it.
Rian, I've started the sacking scene. You can now continue, and I will post again tomorrow, or later this evening if necessary.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 11-04-2005, 05:33 PM   #303
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Gor Glad you like it. I've been plotting that development for nearly the entire time I've been playing. The Chancellor may have to investigate before finding about it. She's being very sneaky and it is for a good cause.

Edit: BB or Sane, Mahtaliel is expecting someone from the Watch to come by the forge at around 8:30am in the game. Just a reminder.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"

Last edited by Lady Marion Magdalena : 11-04-2005 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:34 PM   #304
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

thanks, TD - I'll get back to you shortly with a couple of edit requests

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 11-04-2005, 06:06 PM   #305
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

TD and others -

Just a reminder, when posting dialogue for RÃ*an - she is NOT a servant in the usual sense by any means! She is an elf (or half-elf) of an ancient and noble city, and one who was welcomed and loved at the house of King Turgon of Gondolin. The ONLY reason she takes on these servant-type jobs on occasion is when the urge to be around humans bubbles up again. A servant job among humans lets her be around them and observe them, but she doesn't have to interact with them much (because it's a bit scary for her - she prefers to just watch). And if there is any type of harassment or rudeness (beyond the occasional jibe) she would up and leave.

She may be pereldar (half-elven), but she is definitely more like Elrond, as opposed to Elros - she identifies with and thinks of herself as an elf - but with a longing to be among humans periodically - but not too close (at least up until she saw Valandil).

That said - TD, I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to modify her very first response, as she wouldn't answer Khamul that way. From what I can tell, the house is right on a public street, so to his rude, shouted inquiry of "Who do you bring to my house, without my permission?" she would answer, in confusion and a bit of contempt, "I bring no one to your house, Professor Galaddanun. I am walking on a public street with my friends." And she would not consent to a shouted conversation, either. If he tried to continue it, she would say something like, "I prefer not to converse by shouting - shall I come in or do you wish to come out?" But as I've asked that the conversation be outside, for various reasons, perhaps he and Lilly and Penny can see her through a window near the door and he can shout the first question through the window, then K and L and P will angrily come out (perhaps with the intent of humiliating her in public?) and continue the conversation. Something like that. Let me know if that's ok with you

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Last edited by Rían : 11-04-2005 at 06:22 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 11-04-2005, 06:20 PM   #306
Telcontar_Dunedain

It is worth noting Rian that our characters aren't aware of this and so would treat you no differently to other servants.

I have edited by Rian part, but kept nost of what was already there, only out it later when Rian was still out on the street.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 11-04-2005, 06:22 PM   #307
Rían

Yes, I know that they are NOT aware of this, and that's why I only asked you to apply it when writing HER dialogue. What you had for Khamul was perfect - it was only Rian's dialogue that I objected to. Thanks for the edit, I'll go take a look and see if I can post.

Old 11-04-2005, 06:22 PM   #308
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

The thing is, Rian hasn't quit or been fired yet, and Khamul IS her employer and that IS his house and property, so he may speak to her any way he wants unfortunately 4 her. She acceptedthe job - and yes, she IS (or WAS) a hired servant; a high-ranking one but nonetheless, a SERVANT. And an employee. It doesn't matter if she's the princess of Wales; if she's spoken to by her employer she is required to respond in kind. If she does not like taking orders or being shouted at, she can just turn around and walk away, can't she? If it bothers her that much, just shout back "I quit," and leave. Sorry 2 sound brusque and all but I'm just SAYIN'. No one forced her to take the job, but she did, and maybe it's time for this overly-proud seeming elven lady to politely quit, or rudely quit or whatever, but Khamul probably wouldn't even let her on the property at all if she threw a haughty proud thing back at him, when he's asking her a perfectly normal question - who have you brought to my house?

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 11-04-2005, 06:24 PM   #309
Rían

Lotesse - see my last 2 posts, I think that will explain it. I'm only asking for Rian's answers to be changed. I"m not asking for a change in the others. I expect him to treat her with contempt, but the answers that he wrote for her, she would not say. Do you see the difference?

She is answering his question with politeness, altho frosty politeness. And if he doesn't fire her shortly, she'll quit.

Last edited by Rían : 11-04-2005 at 06:25 PM.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:25 PM   #310
Telcontar_Dunedain

I see. I misunderstood what you were saying. Is the new edit ok?

Old 11-04-2005, 06:30 PM   #311
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Crazy Squirrel, that was a very impressive last post!!! So good, so creepy...

BB - yours are awesome, too! It's great to read some posts from you; it's been a while and these ones are really good, I can see the scenes, people, and dog so well in my mind's eye.The only thing I'm wondering about the watchman though is how come nothing's being mentioned about Merwen's bizarre "suicide?" Didn't anyone see this happen?

Old 11-04-2005, 06:30 PM   #312
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
yeah, think thats agreed

elves and black breath: well no one is immune, well alright ilvutar et al, but like both faramir or aragorn for example they would have much much more resistance than others .. more than mortal men i would think ...

BTW: Rian ... could you take out the references to JRR tolkien in the actual rpg ... it is completely not-on

liked the elf details on braiding

TD: your post is so riddled , imho , with problems it is hanging by a thread .... lights shining through it all over ...

first the ML says no uneseccary stuff ..meaning he wants calm and no more actions likelyto raise tensions and if they arise THEY SHOULD BE brought to him ... him solely: so you are now completely going against his orders and should be dealt with by the Morgul lord:

secondly, i do not think Buz would sit down, the ML has laid down the law and yet but five mins later you usurp it... nay i feel he would have challenged you and said plainly this will be brought before the captains attention ...this would cause Khamul to pause at least...

so you put Buz's fear of kahmul over his fear of the Morgul lord? a mistake i think ... all will have noted it and this should go to the captain straight away ...

Scarring and altering lillies beauty is a serious breach of your orders in TWO ways ... she is to use her allure for the mission .... you hinder this .... secondly there is no necessary reason to come up with this particular story ..thus you again break the commands .... were i captain i would demote you here and now and have another take over nominal charge of orrodel ... though quite why someone is in charge is beyond me ... the captain alone is in charge and should not encourage others to challenge him .... or get ideas , but that is a whole other issue ....

moreover it again raises tensions, anger and hatred.... you have been told nothing unessecary and to seek approval from your captain ... as he will decide: no one else!

you jeopordise the mission Khamul!

next problem ..wolves in tharbad: they normally are not either in or just outside the city either ... so it would be a matter of concern and hunt ... GW will not like this, nor will he appreciate wolves being blamed for attacking nazgul or humans ... when he is here clandestinely ... this therefore is not the time to start a wolf scare!

plus the authorities hearing of wolves will want to see the carcasses and spot it happened ....they will want to know what kind of wolves they are, are they in a pack , what trials there are, are they so thin and hungry they could terrorise outlying farms etc etc ....

plus when the hell and why were you and Lilly outside the city at whatever time? ..on foot? etc etc

finally even a fool can tell the difference between a clear knife cut and a scratch from a claw ....

are you therefore trying to have the city alerted?

best, BB
BB and the gang.

As far as I knew I thought I had sent the wolves back to the wilderness. Have u had them teleported back to Tharbad, BB?

Best, gw
Old 11-04-2005, 06:32 PM   #313
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

No, TD made Khamul tell Lilly that he was going to blame wild wolf attack on the terrible knife wound he had given her, but then TD took away that scene.

Old 11-04-2005, 06:36 PM   #314
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

sorry, TD, i know its open season an all ..but can't think of a complaint for you just now!

well, i have posted for Constable BB, Boom and bumble ...

Constable BB to be continued ... he has just been told by the bridge guards of the dawn events .... actually i did remember Willow LMM ... though you must be mad expecting the watch at 830 am!

i'll send the bridge guard Big twit and his nervous gigling over for it ...

btw all - the (tharbad) bridge guards as also the other city guards who dealt with Viv's half orc friend (what happened to him?) are seperate from the watch but the watch take priority from ancient rights over all others in the City: not the King of course! they are all loyal king's men ... but the stationed and obnoxious gondorian guards, IF evere allowed over the halfway point of the bridge answer to the watch!

EDIT: to be clear: i mean they take charge over the other guards in the city and the gondorian "storm troopers" etc, they do not rule, the govennor under the king does that of course!

as a beside: normally since the victory and peace ..tharbad is a pretty peaceful place, all in all. and the watch are not that vigilant ... they would not be patrolling on a foggy night ..plus if any remember Constable BB (barliman) was very drunk, Elmir Phudd (kinda an honoury Lordly figure head chap in practice) is away hunting and the guv - Captain shah (i forget, to be honest ... but is doing something somewhere for a day or two)

thus control is currently with constable BB

now 'constable' is here basically second (though really) third in charge ... there are some other watch members (and dogs!) but they are part-time and called just the watch ... or 'the plod'

but should ever an emergency ever arrive, the well liked watch can call on the City Guard, the plod, and the 'friends of the watch' a (noble and commoner both) group of good citizenry from all walks of life, and often the most effective group if ever needed .. the university has its own branch ... the "Studious seventh" i beleive they are called!

Last edited by Butterbeer : 11-04-2005 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:37 PM   #315
Rían

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
I see. I misunderstood what you were saying. Is the new edit ok?
Almost - I PMed you with my final requests - thanks for working with me, this is an important scene for me.

Old 11-04-2005, 06:40 PM   #316
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

lotesse, we just crossed posted ... yup barliman is on the case ... he has been woken and just been told events by twit ....

but as yet he is not fully awake and very hungover and the storm troopers are clanging and whistling .... so he will talk more with Aratwit of the bridge guard when he has had a hot warming drink, kept em' waiting (the gondor mob) a bit and then in private talk to the bridge guard ... later!

best BB
Old 11-04-2005, 06:41 PM   #317
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I started to write just now you guys, but I'm afraid I won't get far today.I'll pick it up later. Right now I'm not "feelin' it," you know? No creative energy. Plus, what I really want to write and the direction I want to go in is potentially gonna freak out Valandil, which Val I don't feel like scaring you off the RPG, since you seem like you alreadyb want to quit, so I'm in a real quandary.

Old 11-04-2005, 06:44 PM   #318
Rían

TD - I made an error in my PM, see my latest.

Old 11-04-2005, 06:44 PM   #319
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

But Butterbeer, didn't CS have Merwen do her suicide jump in the morning, in broad pre-dawn light? With all kind of people observing her?

Old 11-04-2005, 06:44 PM   #320
Telcontar_Dunedain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Almost - I PMed you with my final requests - thanks for working with me, this is an important scene for me.
That's fine. It helped maked the post better anyway. It has set up the scene for some real fireworks!

Closed Thread