Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 09:17 AM   #301
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Treebeard was mumbling to himself.
"Something will have to be done about these filthy ORCers, going round in my forest hewing down trees wantonly and young Saruman who thinks he's so safe in his tower. We will have to have a Meet soon, if we are to do something before it's to late."
Old 03-06-2005, 04:43 PM   #302
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"What is a Meet? Who is Saruman?" asked the hobbits.

"Well, hrm, a Meet is a gathering of Ents in which we discuss matters of importance. And Saruman is Natural Health Care salesman/wizard who's apparently gone bad."

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-07-2005 at 05:35 AM.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:12 PM   #303
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

"you mean?" gasped merry
"yes," said treebeard "he has turned into a con-man!"
Old 03-07-2005, 07:59 AM   #304
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"Yes, indeed, a con-man." continued Treebeard."He's all for the modernernities like wheels and iron and nothing good will come of it. He actually thinks that he'll be able to best Sauron himself and become World Ruler."

"That would be bad indeed." the hobbits agreed.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:00 AM   #305
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

"to set himself up as a lawyer would indeed turn to our ruin," mused treebeard, "now, lets go off to the meet!"
he picked the hobbits up, and strode out of his ent-house, tree branches slapping in the hobbits faces all the time "Ow!" squealed pippin
"hroom, hum, what's that?" asked treebeard, glancing up, "oh, nothing," replied pippin, scowling down at the enormous face
Old 03-07-2005, 09:48 AM   #306
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

They walked for quite some time again and finally arrived at what looked like a huge wall of trees of a kind which the hobbits had never seen before.

Walking along it Treebeard came to a narrow opening. Through it a worn path passed and dived suddenly donw a long steep slope. The hobbits saw that they were descending in to a great dingle, almost as round as a bowl, very wide and deep, crowned at the rim wih the dark evergreen wall of trees. It was smooth and grassclad inside, and there were no trees except three very tall and beautiful silver-birches that stood at the bottom of the bowl. Two other paths led down into the dingle: from the west and from the east.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:36 PM   #307
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Almost as soon after they arrived more Giants started to arrive of all different colours, some blue, some red and some were even pink!
The Ents started talking in a long, slow and boring language but after a while broke briefly into Westron, seeing Merry and Pippin in the corner, although this was about as much attention as they got. Soon the talk turned to Saruman and what was going to be done about him. Everytime his name was mentioned ominous music souned from in the corned. The first few times the Ents ignored it but after the fourth time the Ents turned round to see Merry and Pippin with little instuments.
"What?" they said. "It's the only way we little folk can get any attention round here!"
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 03-08-2005, 02:56 PM   #308
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

After a while Treebeard approached the by that time thoroughly bored hobbits. With him came an orange-coloured Giant.

"This is Speedy. He has already decided what to do and does not need any further talk so I was suggested that he keep you two company until this matter is settled."

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-09-2005 at 01:36 AM.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:45 PM   #309
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

"well, hrum, hoom" said speedy "shall we go to my enthouse for a bit? it is not far from here, and i have questionably shaped vegetables!"
merry and pippin looked at each other with grins on their faces "questionably shaped vegetables? yes please!" they both exclaimed in unison
Old 03-09-2005, 11:55 AM   #310
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

They spent many hours with Speedy and his questionably shaped vegetables. Suddenly the murmur from the Meet ceased and an ominous silence replaced it.

Then a rock-song was heard coming ever closer to Speedy abode.

Buddy you’re a boy
Make a big noise playing in the street
Gonna be a big man someday
You got blood in your face, big disgrace
Kicking your can all over the place

Singing we will, we will rock you
We will, we will rock you

Keep the beat up, why, I’m gonna turn your heat up
Gonna get you on the floor, gonna burn your feet up
Rocking you like I never rocked you before
Like the way I do got you screaming for more

We causing utter devastation
When we stepping to the place
And better believe that you can see
We’re gonna rock and never stop

And here we go again
Hit you with the flow again
Kick it up the second time around
We’ll bring it on again – shout it out

Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go

Buddy, you’re an old man, poor man
Pleading with your eyes
Gonna make you something someday
You got mud on your face, big disgrace
Somebody better put you back in your place

Singing we will, we will rock you

Behind Treebeard came the other half-dussin Giants.

"We have come to a decision. We are going teach Saruman a lesson." he said.

"You decided it quite speedily after all." said Merry.

"Yes, quite so. It is a question of the survival of the Ents and the Forest. And there is no going about that."

Speedy lifted the hobbits up on Treebeards shoulders and the Walk of the Vengeance continued.

The hobbits looked back into the gloom of evening noticing that behind them there walked tree-like creatures which swelled the numbers of the Ents.

The Walk continued right into the night. Then the Army of Giants and Walking trees halted by the Gap of Rohan, looking down on Isengard.

"Night falls on Isengard." said Treebeard.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-10-2005 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:51 AM   #311
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

"Actually, it's falling everywhere..." said Pippin.

"Hoom? Oh, well, yes, but... we're hooooooooom supposed to flash....back...tooooo your friends now." answered Treebeard.

"Oh. Whoops. My bad. Carry on..."

Ooc: There goes our book again. Yeah, sorry that I can't go further. I know some of the book by heart, but not all of it....

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Old 03-15-2005, 12:45 PM   #312
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Book 3.5: The White Rider

Meanwhile, The Intrepid trio entered the Forest. They walked along the creek flowing into it. Suddenly, Aragorn stopped by a low muddy space by the creek where he saw two pairs of small footprints.

"Finally, we can gather from this that both hobbits are alive." he said."Lets go up that flight of stairs to the cliff overlooking the Forest."

All three ascended the huge stair and finally arrived at the top.

"Here I see two more sets hobbit-footprints and the tracks of something else, something huge."

"Look!" cried Legolas."Down in the Forest. There's an old man walking there."

"Yes, I see him too." said Gimli."Perhaps it's Saruman. I'd like to give him a dent in his head."

The old man looked up and saw the Trio looking down on him. He began to ascend the stairs.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-01-2006 at 05:12 AM.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:22 PM   #313
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"Aragorn, stop him, it's Saruman. He's gonna try to put a spell on us!" cried Gimli.

But Aragorn was strangely silent. He sensed a power about the old man that was familiar but not hostile.

The old man reached the top and leaned on his staff, looked the trio over.

"A man, a dwarf and an elf. What has brought you three of different kindreds to this place, I wonder." he said.

"Saruman, where are our bikes which you stole? Answer or I'll dent your head." cried Gimli.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:31 AM   #314
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Legolas put an arrow to his bow, Aragorn whipped out his golden Narsil power saw and Gimli his Mountain Proffessional axe.

As Legolas' arrow flew into the air it burst into flame and a magic fire gleamed from the power saw and the axe and but suddenly they lost their grip on them and the equipment fell to the ground when the old man let his old garments fall to reveal a shining white bikers uniform.

"Gandalf!!" cried Aragorn."Against all hope you return to us!"

"Mithrandir!" shouted Legolas, joy shining in his eyes.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:38 PM   #315
Telcontar_Dunedain

"Gandalf?" said Gimli, who couldn't quite believe it. "You fell."
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 03-23-2005, 05:39 PM   #316
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

"And I thought... you couldn't get up..." he continued, as Aragorn and Legolas looked on, stupified.
"Yes, I did fall," said Gandalf slowly, "But I did get up. And here I am!"
"I'm impressed you can pull off white leather," said Aragorn.
"Gandalf the Grey couldn't pull it off. But I am Gandalf the Grey no longer. I am Gandalf the White."
"How..." started Legolas.
"How do I keep the white in 'Gandalf the White'?" Gandalf said brightly, suddenly leaping up a small set of old, stone stairs. "Why, with Colgate Total! The choice of today's Istari."
"Um... what? I was just going to ask how you came back," said Legolas.
"I was sent back," said Gandalf. "My task here is not yet done." There was a bright glint in Gandalf's eye that brought fear and joy to the hearts of the Intrepid trio at the same time.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 03-24-2005, 04:04 AM   #317
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"But you must tell us what happened to you and how you fared with the Bal Rog?" said Legolas.

"Name him not!" said Gandalf, a sudden pain showing in his eyes."His fire was around me all through the fall and he burned me and finally we hit rock bottom and I followed him through the ancient waterfilled deeps until at last we came to the Endless Excalator which leads to the Outlook Tower in uttermost tip of the Redhorn where he burst into fire again and we fought, I finally threw him down, lay down on the floor. An Eagle sent from Lorien came and fetched me and I was there healed."

"Well, it's a joyous occasion, this reunion." said Aragorn."What shall we do now, Gandalf?"

"Well, you needn't worry about the hobbits, Treebeard has them in safe-keeping."

"One thing hasn't changed, my friend." said Aragorn, smiling."You still speak in riddles. Who is Treebeard?"

"He is the oldest of the Ents, the Jolly Giants of Fangorn. He met the hobbits here and brought them with him."

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-24-2005 at 04:05 AM.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:56 AM   #318
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"The Ents! I thought they were gone from the world!" said Aragorn.

"No, they are not gone. They just prefer to be unnoticed and left alone. But now Saruman has stirred up trouble and he will pay for it." said Gandalf as they descended the stairs.

"Now, we have no time to tarry. We must go Edoras, the Main Command Post of Rohan. Theoden, the Ruler of Rohan is in trouble. We must succour him. Let's go!"

"On what? Our bikes have been stolen." Gimli pointed out.

Then Gandalf whistled sharply and after a while the sounds of motorbikes could be heard. And soon a white Chopper appeared followed by the two Rohirrim bikes which they had been allowed to borrow from Eómer.

The white Chopper approached Gandalf and stopped a few meters from him, the Rohirrim bikes followed suit.

"What kind of bike is that and how come they are back from were ever they went?" asked The Trio.

"This is Shadowfax, the foremost bike of the Rohirrim, and my ride. When I escaped from Orthanc I immediately went to Edoras to warn Theoden about Saruman's intentions, but apparently Theoden is under Wormstongue's sway because they couldn't me out of there quick enough and was ordered to leave and take any bike which I would have, much to my liking but not to Theoden's. So let's go!"
said Gandalf, looking very impressive on the Chopper. The others followed suit getting up on their bikes.

And off they went, bikes roaring through the forest.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-25-2005 at 05:58 AM.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:26 PM   #319
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

For many hours they drove on through the meads and riverlands. Often the grass was so high that it reached above the knees of the bikers, and their bikes seemed to be swimming in a grey-green sea. They came upon many hidden pools, and broad acres of sedge waving above wet and treacherous bogs; but Shadowfax found the way, and the other bikes followed in his swath. Slowly the sun fell from the sky down into the West. Looking out over the great plain, far away the bikers saw it for a moment like a red fire sinking into the grass. Low upon the edge of sight shoulders of the mountains glinted red upon either side. A smoke seemed to rise up and darken the sun's disc to the hue of blood, as if it had kindled the grass as it passed down under the rim of earth.
"There lies the Gap of Rohan," said Gandalf. "It is now almost due west of us. That way lies Isengard."
"I see a great smoke," said Legolas. "What may that be?"
"Battle and war!" said Gandalf. "Drive on!"

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-01-2006 at 05:12 AM.
Old 03-27-2005, 03:56 PM   #320
Telcontar_Dunedain

Long they drove, but eventually night fell and they rested. Far had they driven and long was the grass in this country that when Gimli disembarked Shadowfax, chief bike of Rohan and pride of Engineers, that he could not be seen.

Closed Thread