Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-13-2004, 11:18 AM   #301
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimbrethil
Sweety I havn't posted yet and apologized. Be pateint(sp?) it won't kill you to wait one more post.
Sorry for seeming impatient it's just that it's dragging on and taking over the thread.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230

Last edited by Telcontar_Dunedain : 09-13-2004 at 02:15 PM.
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 04:04 PM   #302
thranduil
Elven Warrior

dumbledore will be teaching harry occlumency for now on. that would be cool if harry broke into dumbledores thoughts (i know highly unlikely) and discovered some of his past which gave some clues for the next book. Also dumbledores brother is most likely the bartender at hogs head and plays a more significant role in this book.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:20 PM   #303
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Thrandiul, it has been confirmed that Aberforth Dumbledore is the bartender. This is what JKR said when asked the following question:
Quote:
Why is the barman of the Hog’s Head vaguely familiar to Harry? Is he Dumbledore’s brother?

Ooh—you are getting good. Why do you think that it is Aberforth? [Audience member: Various clues. He smells of goats and he looks a bit like Dumbledore]. I was quite proud of that clue. That is all that I am going to say. [Laughter]. Well yes, obviously. I like the goat clue—I sniggered to myself about that one.
So yeah. Why do you think that Dumbledore will be teacher Harry occulmency? We don't know that, it's not canon.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean

Last edited by sirigorn : 09-15-2004 at 07:22 PM.
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 04:21 AM   #304
thranduil
Elven Warrior

I am pretty sure that dumbledore admits his bad judgement in trusting snape with this responsibility and says he should have tought him himself. I think I remember that right. And do you think dumbledore would actually risk letting someone else teach him after what happened with snape, which causes sirius death.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:44 AM   #305
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Hmmm...good point!
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 07:18 PM   #306
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

See...that's pretty much exactly why I thought it should be Dumbledore!

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 07:25 PM   #307
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I think that's what I suggested in our last argument. Again, isn't Dumbledore afraid, though, that Voldemort would know his relationships with Harry? Or do you think Voldemort already found out? Somehow?
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 08:14 PM   #308
thranduil
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radagast The Brown
I think that's what I suggested in our last argument. Again, isn't Dumbledore afraid, though, that Voldemort would know his relationships with Harry? Or do you think Voldemort already found out? Somehow?
Yes voldemort knows there is more than headmaster student relationship between them. Especially when dumbledore comes out of hiding to protect harry when voldemort shows up. But it is safe to say voldie assumed this kind of relationship anyways given harrys background with voldie. And now that harry realizes the seriousness of learning occlumency immediately he will be more keen to practice it. And dumbledore will have to step up to the plate teach him as soon as possible.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:59 AM   #309
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Do you think Dumbledore's "affection" or special relationship with Harry is only because of the prophecy? (of course! )If Harry was just another very good student, Dumbledore probably wouldn't notice him much.....Thoughts like that must cross Harry's mind when he's feeling sorry for himself, or in a black mood...depressing.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 11:46 AM   #310
Telcontar_Dunedain

Voldemort could make Harry see things not the other way roulnd so Dumbledore teaching Harry should be okay.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 09-18-2004, 01:36 AM   #311
thranduil
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
Voldemort could make Harry see things not the other way roulnd so Dumbledore teaching Harry should be okay.
well than why was dumbledore avoiding and not making eye contact with harry, his entire fifth year?
Old 09-18-2004, 02:12 AM   #312
Telcontar_Dunedain

I don't think he was sure. He hadn't seen Harry much siince Voldemort returned and didn't want to take the risk of Voldemort seeing things Harry did.

Old 09-18-2004, 02:20 AM   #313
thranduil
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
I don't think he was sure. He hadn't seen Harry much siince Voldemort returned and didn't want to take the risk of Voldemort seeing things Harry did.
it was only four weeks and he was being trailed. but i agree he wasnt sure and was taking precautions
Old 09-18-2004, 02:33 AM   #314
Telcontar_Dunedain

But Dumbledore didn't actually look at Harry until Christmas.

Old 09-18-2004, 03:31 AM   #315
thranduil
Elven Warrior

yeah but that was intentional. It wasnt like he hadnt been able to keep an eye on him.
Old 09-18-2004, 03:32 AM   #316
Telcontar_Dunedain

Yeah but at the Disciplinry Hearing he had a choice to speak to Harry but just rushed off.

Old 09-18-2004, 03:36 AM   #317
thranduil
Elven Warrior

he didn't speak to him because he was taking precautions. not that he just didnt feel like talking to him. Like when they look at each other at the portkey and harry feels like attacking dumbledore, he was trying to make sure nothing like that would happen.
Old 09-18-2004, 03:40 AM   #318
Telcontar_Dunedain

But will Harry be getting that feeling more often now?

Old 09-18-2004, 04:19 AM   #319
thranduil
Elven Warrior

unless he does occlumency. I would go to private drive this summer and teach him myself. Look at the **** that happened cuz he didnt practice occlumency.

I think someone will get pissed at harry and bring up the point of how much trouble harry is. And harry will finally realize how many people have been hurt by him just being alive

-parents died
-sirius died
-cedric died

and thats just to start it off. and that could be interesting on how harry reacts to realizing this.
Old 09-18-2004, 07:13 AM   #320
Telcontar_Dunedain

Dumbledore knows that non of them were Harry's fault, so he wouldn't blame Harry for any of that. Harry's parents would have died any way. Voldemort didn't go after them just because Harry was born