Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-12-2002, 05:36 PM   #301
Elbereth
Elven Warrior

*opens door and stops when she sees everyone lying on the floor*

El: I think I came late.

*hears Christina singing the bath song and runs*

'Fate goes ever as fate must.' Beowulf (Seamus Haney's translation)

FRODO LIVES!!!
Elbereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 06:03 PM   #302
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

party?

Sneaks a peak at everyone laying there all dead like and decides that this is a hazardess room.

Nails boards to the windows and doors.

Puts yellow CAUTION tape everywhere.

Shakes her head sadly as she walks away.

"So young...what a pity."

This one is deactivated, I think.
Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 02:19 PM   #303
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

OKAY! Alcohol away, let's do Les Miserables !!!!
I'm Jean Valjean.
We need Fantine, Cosette, Marius, Eponine, the Thenardiers, Enjrolas, Gavroche, and Javert.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 07:52 PM   #304
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

LOL!!! If it's possible, I'm more obsessed with les Miz than I am with LotR I know the ENTIRE script, own the book, and played Eponine in it! YAY!!!!!!!!

So... can I be Eponine again? *begs*

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Can be found loitering at Fantasy Essentials or her livejournal...
Nazgûl Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 10:24 PM   #305
TinuvielChild
Padawan

I wanna be Cosette! But if someone else wants to, go ahead. I'm just here for the rides, and because the little voices tell me to...

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 10:27 PM   #306
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

*laughs*

*knows nothing about Les Miserables, except that it's french*
So like...what's it about huh?

*snickers*

*likes horror movies, books, etc.*

How about we do The Bat or the original House on haunted hill...or the new house....they are all so good! you know I've really gotten into werewolf books and movies lately

*sigh*

This one is deactivated, I think.
Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 04:54 AM   #307
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

Ummmmm... I dont know any of those... and how to explain Les Miz?

It is one of the greatest books of all time, written by Victor Hugo in the 1860's, and transformed into a fabulous musical.

The story is very very complex... Here's the official summary

PROLOGUE: 1815, DIGNE
Jean Valjean, released on parole after 19 years on the chain gang, finds that the yellow ticket-of-leave he must, by law, display condemns him to be an outcast. Only the saintly Bishop of Digne treats him kindly and Valjean, embittered by years of hardship, repays him by stealing some silver. Valjean is caught and brought back by police, and is astonished when the Bishop lies to the police to save him, also giving him two precious candlesticks. Valjean decides to start his life anew.

1823, MONTREUIL-SUR-MER

Eight years have passed and Valjean, having broken his parole and changed his name to Monsieur Madeleine, has risen to become both a factory owner and Mayor. One of his workers, Fantine, has a secret illegitimate child. When the other women discover this, they demand her dismissal. The foreman, whose advances she has rejected, throws her out.

Desperate for money to pay for medicines for her daughter, Fantine sells her locket, her hair, and then joins the whores in selling herself. Utterly degraded by her new trade, she gets into a fight with a prospective customer and is about to be taken to prison by Javert when "The Mayor" arrives and demands she be taken to a hospital instead.

The Mayor then rescues a man pinned down by a runaway cart. Javert is reminded of the abnormal strength of convict 24601 Jean Valjean, a parole-breaker whom he has been tracking for years, but who, he says, has just been recaptured. Valjean, unable to see an innocent man go to prison in his place, confesses to the court that he is prisoner 24601.

At the hospital, Valjean promises the dying Fantine to find and look after her daughter Cosette. Javert arrives to arrest him, but Valjean escapes.

1823, MONTFERMEIL

Young Cosette has been lodged for five years with the Thenardiers who run an inn, horribly abusing the little girl whom they use as a skivvy while indulging their own daughter, Eponine. Valjean finds Cosette fetching water in the dark. He pays the Thernardiers to let him take Cosette away and takes her to Paris. But Javert is still on his tail...

PARIS, 1832

Nine years later there is a great unrest in the city because of the likely demise of the popular leader General Lamarque, the only man left in the Government who shows any feeling for the poor. The urchin Gavroche is in his element mixing with the whores and beggars of the capital. Among the street gangs is one led by Thernardier and his wife, which sets upon Jean Valjean and Cosette. They are rescued by Javert, who does not recognize Valjean until after he has made good his escape. The Thernardiers' daughter Eponine, who is secretly in love with the student Marius, reluctantly agrees to help him find Cosette, with whom he has fallen in love.

At a political meeting in a small cafe, a group of idealistic students prepare for the revolution they are sure will erupt on the death of General Lamarque. When Gavroche brings the news of the General's death, the students, led by Enjolras, stream out into the streets to whip up popular support. Only Marius is distracted by thoughts of the mysterious Cosette.

Cosette is consumed by thoughts of Marius, with whom she has fallen in love. Valjean realizes that his "daughter" is changing very quickly but refuses to tell her anything of her past. In spite of her own feelings for Marius, Eponine sadly brings him to Cosette and then prevents an attempt by her father's gang to rob Valjean's house. Valjean, convinced it was Javert who was lurking outside his house, tells Cosette they must prepare to flee the country. On the eve of the revolution the students and Javert see the situation from their different viewpoints; Cosette and Marius part in despair of ever meeting again; Eponine mourns the loss of Marius; and Valjean looks forward to the security of exile. The Thernardiers, meanwhile, dream of rich pickings underground from the chaos to come.

INTERMISSION

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Old 09-21-2002, 04:57 AM   #308
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

PARIS

The students prepare to build the barricade. Marius, noticing that Eponine has joined the insurrection, sends her with a letter to Cosette, which is intercepted at the Rue Plumet by Valjean. Eponine decides, despite what he has said to her, to rejoin Marius at the barricade.

THE BARRICADES

The barricade is built and the revolutionaries defy an army warning that they must give up or die. Gavroche exposes Javert as a police spy. In trying to return to the barricade Eponine is shot and killed. Valjean arrives at the barricades in search of Marius. He is given the chance to kill Javert, but instead lets him go.

THE BATTLE

The students settle down for a night on the barricade and, in the quiet of the night, Valjean prays to God to save Marius from the onslaught which is to come. The next day, with ammunition running low, Gavroche runs out to collect more and is shot. The rebels are all killed, including their leader, Enjolras.

Valjean escapes into the sewers with the unconscious Marius. After meeting Thernardier, who is robbing the corpses of the rebels, he emerges into the light only to meet Javert once more. He pleads for time to deliver the young man to a hospital. Javert decides to let him go and, his unbending principles of justice having been shattered by Valjean's own mercy, he kills himself by throwing himself into the swollen River Seine. A number of Parisian women come to terms with the failed insurrection and its victims. Unaware of the identity of his rescuer, Marius recovers in Cosette's care.

THE WEDDING

Valjean confessed the truth of his past to Marius and insists that after the young couple are married, he must go away rather than taint the sanctity and safety of their union. At Marius' and Cosette's wedding the Thernardiers try to blackmail Marius. Thernardier says Cosette's "father" is a murderer and, as proof, produces a ring which he stole from the corpse in the sewers the night the barricades fell. It is Marius' own ring, and he realizes it was Valjean who rescued him that night.

DEATH

He and Cosette go to Valjean, where Cosette learns for the first time of her own history before the old man dies, joining the spirits of Fantine, Eponine and all those who died on the barricades.

Old 09-21-2002, 06:44 AM   #309
TinuvielChild
Padawan

I always have hated that ending. But then, I always like things with happy endings. Of course, I love Carmen, and that has one heck of a weird ending. *shrug* Les Mis is great, so I don't mind the ending too much.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 09-21-2002, 08:02 AM   #310
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

My favourite song is the confrontation between Javert and Valjean, I love the counterpoint...

But my favourite scene will always be my death... *sighs wistfully*

Y'know, Kallesilya (who appears to have run away) played Cosette in our performance... but since you have her, maybe she'd like to be Fantine?

Old 09-22-2002, 07:06 AM   #311
Kallasilya
Hobbit

Arwen Undomiel Leeeeeeees Miiiiiis :):):)

I don't mind which part I get I know them all anyway, so it doesn't really matter
Old 09-22-2002, 07:21 AM   #312
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Please stay on topic.
Old 09-22-2002, 07:25 AM   #313
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

*snigger* Kallasilya, do you remember all our different versions of the songs?

"I did not live until les Miz... how can I live now it is over?
Now our show is gone forever, and yet without it I am nothing"

[edit] Sorry bout that, Earniel

Last edited by Nazgûl Queen : 09-22-2002 at 07:26 AM.
Old 09-22-2002, 02:06 PM   #314
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
s*pours bottle of mirivour over rp's head for singing a lm song.

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Christiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 02:21 PM   #315
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Whoa, Earniel's a mod now???? When did this happen? I'm confoozled... Oh well. Party time!!!

*doorbell*
Frodos 1, 2, and 3 walk in

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 10-07-2002, 12:08 PM   #316
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Whoa I just saw that you guys did Les Mis earlier in the thread before I knew it! LOL!
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 10:13 PM   #317
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

Les Mis rules!!!!!!!!

And Earniel.... since when has this thread HAD a topic?

Old 10-07-2002, 11:57 PM   #318
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Hmmmmm....now what shall we do with this party? I mean, ever since the miruvor(e), it's been going downhill....I knew I shouldn't have invited the alcoholic elves! Wait...I'm one myself - never mind!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 12-03-2002, 12:13 AM   #319
Celandine
Elven Warrior

Celandine- runs up to TinuvielChild and says, "This is going to be so fun, we are going to stay up all night and watch cartoon network and in the morning i'm makin' waffles!!!!"

My mind works like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone

You can do it a trot, you can do it at a gallop, you can do it at a rate so your heart don't palpatate, just don't be late, do the PUYALLUP

and in the morning i'm makin' WAFFLES

We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of oz. Because, because, because, because, BECAUSE of the wonderful things he does.

I am a banana.

All around the mulberry bush, the monkey chased the weasel, the monkey thought it was all in fun, POP goes the weasel

Do you think Chelsey's smart?

Texaco, star of the American Road!

You can trust your car with the man who wears the star at the big bright texaco star!!

TEXACO FOREVER!!!

It's texaco.com http://www.texaco.com/texaco/
Celandine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 12:45 AM   #320
TinuvielChild
Padawan

TC says: I like that boulder. That is a nice boulder.

(ooc: I love Shrek! )

FRODO LIVES!!!!!