Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 09:04 PM   #301
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Gollum

During Halloween the last couple of years, my fiance and I dressed as Elves and like little kids role-playing we went on this quest through the woods at night to fight the 'mysterious troll-king'. It was quite ridiculous but everyone there thought it was pretty funny. One of my friends played Gandalf and he had the lines "whooooahhooo!" because that quote sounds funny coming from a wizard. And then there was the whole "who stole your Lucky Charms this time" with the guy dressed as Bombadillo who looked more like the Lucky Charms Leprechaun.

I'm not certain what to post in the RPG right now, so whatever the will of the council, the House of Ingwë shall see it done.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:41 AM   #302
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

ok im a little lost again!

who is still rping here im getting confussed on whos who!
Old 04-21-2008, 04:42 AM   #303
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Abasi's still active. He's just sitting in the background away from people sharpening his knives.

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 04-21-2008, 04:49 AM   #304
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Haldis is puttering around the camp. I wasn't certain when this started how often I would have the time or inspiration to post, so I deliberately made Haldis the sort of character who is unlikely to talk much. If I neglect her for a long period of time, just assume she's there and doing the things that the company needs in order to function but that don't get written about because they're routine.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 04-21-2008, 05:56 AM   #305
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by feawen View Post
ok im a little lost again!

who is still rping here im getting confussed on whos who!
These are the current active players and their characters. Yell if I've left anyone out.

Acalewia: Aelfwine (rohirrim/human)
Coffeehouse: Quickleaf (elf)
Curufin: Abasi (elf)
Eärniel: Radagast (wizard)
Feawen: Nami (elf)
Ingwe: Ingwionis & A'mael (elves)
Mari: Ellysa (human)
Me9996: Ferrin (human)
Orithil: Hedrim Valdaes (human)
Sane: Carnehillion (human)
Sasquatch: Borin (dwarf)
Willow Oran: Haldis (beorning/human)

Aikanáro: Tabril (has yet to meet with the rest)

Let's take a few more days to wrap up the campfire conversations and then move on to Dol Guldur.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:55 AM   #306
The Sasquatch of Fangorn
The Co-president of Entmoot - The Half-Dwarven Guardian of the Ancient Forest

I'm the only dwarf?

"she turned me into a newt!!........but I got better."-Monty Python and the holy grail.

Thanks for breaking up the group Yoko!"- The reduced Shakespeare company.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory.
Fight Eagles fight, score a touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,
And we'll watch our Eagles fly.

Fly Eagles fly on the road to victory.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:05 AM   #307
Earniel

Of the currently active players, yes. Nautipus used to play a dwarf too, but he hasn't posted anymore since we've left Rhosgobel so I didn't count him under the active players.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:48 PM   #308
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

o.O and I thought Elyssa was an Elf. I've been in a fog for too long, I may have to re-read some parts as well just in case I missed...a ton...of stuff. And two Dwarves, one active? I had thought there were more. [dazed-and-confused-mode]Hmm[/end dazed-and-confused-mode].

A'mael is pretty much an NPC right now and so under such rules anyone can have her do anything, though it's possible in the future my fiance will be playing her. She said she has not registered here yet so that will have to change. I'd be interested in seeing what she would come up with. Only RPG she's been in is one dealing with a modern-day crisis situation "Jerry Bruckheimer" "real-world except on steroids" type of RPG with cities and tanks and planes and crusades and wars and politics and such. She was the one who got me into the whole Tolkien Multiverse in the first place and so she would probably blow me out of the water in any case. I'm hoping she sees this post otherwise my attempt at earning points would have gone unfortunately unnoticed by her.

In any case, how far are we from Dol Guldur. I've kinda lost track (though I'm supposed to have a map and know somehow where we are). I'd prefer kilometers distance, but leagues or miles will suffice. I'm kinda thinking we're about 70 kilometers away. I'm sorry to be annoying with these questions, but how long have we been gone, what currently is the time of day, and what is the Weather Channel Forecast for local weather conditions? I love thunderstorms in a story. It almost feels when I read about a thunderstorm as though I am falling asleep to the sound of rain and thunder.

Last edited by Ingwe : 04-21-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:56 PM   #309
Earniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe View Post
A'mael is pretty much an NPC right now and so under such rules anyone can have her do anything, though it's possible in the future my fiance will be playing her. She said she has not registered here yet so that will have to change.
She's welcome, if she wishes to join in.

Quote:
In any case, how far are we from Dol Guldur. I've kinda lost track (though I'm supposed to have a map and know somehow where we are). I'd prefer kilometers distance, but leagues or miles will suffice. I'm kinda thinking we're about 70 kilometers away. I'm sorry to be annoying with these questions, but how long have we been gone, what currently is the time of day, and what is the Weather Channel Forecast for local weather conditions? I love thunderstorms in a story. It almost feels when I read about a thunderstorm as though I am falling asleep to the sound of rain and thunder.
We're pretty close to Dol Guldur now, one, two day travel at the most. We've left Rhosgobel about two weeks ago, give or take a day. It is currently evening, after sun-down. Nine-ish, I suppose will do as well as any hour. Light rains can be expected, although I doubt we'd have much trouble from it beneath the trees. Does this suffice?
Old 04-21-2008, 05:26 PM   #310
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

oh can we have a storm later! please! storms are funny very gets wet and grumpy! i like the rain!

oh fighting in a storm, flashes of light show up the coming waves of evil! cool! proper movie like!
Old 04-21-2008, 06:18 PM   #311
Mari
Elf Lady

Well... Ellysa certainly won't like a thunderstorm! I don't think she's used to Northern extreme weather
Oh, and Ingwe, Ellysa comes from the direction of Harad, but she didn't really tell anyone where exactly she came from. She's probably human.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 04-21-2008, 08:29 PM   #312
orithil
Captain Jack

Don't forget Hedrim's ultimate strength magic++ hair gell he wears so his hair never moves...ever...at all.

A storm would never phase him!

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:35 PM   #313
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
She's welcome, if she wishes to join in.

We're pretty close to Dol Guldur now, one, two day travel at the most. We've left Rhosgobel about two weeks ago, give or take a day. It is currently evening, after sun-down. Nine-ish, I suppose will do as well as any hour. Light rains can be expected, although I doubt we'd have much trouble from it beneath the trees. Does this suffice?
Cool! I'll see if she'll be able to join soon. Just moved here to the new place so I've been trying to set up a wireless network so that Amy could use the internet without having to steal, I mean borrow, my computer.

So two days or less travel to Dol Guldur, we're now if I recall in year four of the fourth age. Just after sun-down and yay! Light rains. Definitely suffices for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feawen View Post
oh can we have a storm later! please! storms are funny very gets wet and grumpy! i like the rain!

oh fighting in a storm, flashes of light show up the coming waves of evil! cool! proper movie like!
Yep, definitely great for special effects. Speaking of special effects, paid off my car and I expected an impressive CGI credits sequence to scroll in front of my face...alas, it didn't happen. But rain for a cool scene like this, that can happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Well... Ellysa certainly won't like a thunderstorm! I don't think she's used to Northern extreme weather
Oh, and Ingwe, Ellysa comes from the direction of Harad, but she didn't really tell anyone where exactly she came from. She's probably human.
Oooh, awesome! That is most interesting. I've always been interested in Harad, and the Far East, and the Dark Land (Morenore or South Continent). Ellysa is a beautiful name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orithil View Post
Don't forget Hedrim's ultimate strength magic++ hair gell he wears so his hair never moves...ever...at all.

A storm would never phase him!
I look terrible in the rain, unless I'm wearing a funny hat. Hair gell is a great idea for such a situation, especially in my case (my character's hair's getting a little long). One wrong turn and I'll be splashing everyone with water on my hair as if I'm a wet dog. Everyone in the company will be like "what the heck was that".
Old 04-25-2008, 04:56 AM   #314
Earniel

I'll be away this weekend, helping my sis move. But when I come back, it's to Dol Guldur with you lot!

(Also, really nice to see some character development in the campfire discussions. We've got a neat group of characters.)
Old 04-25-2008, 08:28 AM   #315
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Ok. With any luck we will be adding someone new to the crew soon. Good luck with the moving stuff. That can definitely be a pain.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:36 PM   #316
Amael
Elven Warrior

Moving is a pain. I did most of the work in moving a few weeks ago. There are still things left to sort out. So anyway, now that I'm here, more hellp has arrived. "Ingwe" put me here seeing as he justt HAD to involve me in another forum-based storyboard, just kidding, I wanted to get into this but hadn't had any time to do thatt until now. I've been reading it for since it's been around for the most part. So my character's name is going to be the same as my user name. Since my charcter already exists per Ingwe's writing; i think it's a good idea to move A'mael from a secondary non-playying charracter to me.
My name is Amy, I'm 26 years old and have been into Tolkien literature eversince my sister when she was 11 got me to read the Hobbit in 1998. Then I got "Ingwe" into it. I told him to go see the new Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring movie, and he said 'what's that like, Lord of the Dance?' He ate his own words when we saw tthe movie and immediately he asked if he could borrow my Lord of the Rings book. Unfortunately he read the ending first.
I'm politically moderate. I'm 5'10", actual height. I've been an administrator at my fiance's site for a couple of years now and as you might guess my fiance is Ingwe, though Ingwe is not his real name obvioussly. Anything else you wanna know is classified until I get to know somebody better. I really don't like to talk about myself too much, so I'm kind of glad that Ingwe set up the A'mael character to be shy because for me it will be easier to take over writing for that character.
Other interests? Hiking and tennis I like a lot. As far as other books or movies, I liked Star Wars. I can't say I'm into it that much, but it's decent. I liked how the leader of the Rebel Alliance was a woman and somebody like that I would look up to with a lot of respect. To me the Jedi are so naive. They couldn't see after 20 years that the Chancellor was a bad guy. I didn't like how Mace just stood there telling the Emperor that he was going to kill him. If you're going to kill someone, kill them, don't stand tthere talking about it!!!

My character's stuff:
Name; A'mael [or if you're lazy, Amael]

Age: Just over 700 years. Born near the ruins of Ost-in-Edhil.

Personality: Playful, modest, moody, bashful, sometimes naive, sarcastic, shy to some and bossy to others, a real pain in the neck at times, curious and inquisitive. Quite spacy at night as she's usually looking up at the stars. She tends to show her immaturity as she is (only) 700 years old. She still sings some of the childrens songs she heard from when she was very young.

Clan: 1-quarter Noldor and 3-quarters Teeleri.

Hair color: Dark brown, almost black.

Eye color: Dark blue.

Height: 6'2".

Family Flag: 2 crescent moons, 1 at upper left 1 at lower right, with 4 stars in the center, 2 for A'mael and her sister and 2 for their father and mother. A new red star was placed on the banner as of A'mael's and Ingwionis' marriage, along with a small blue star between the star for A'mael and Ingwionis. A'mael's star is violet in color. The red star is for Ingwionis and the blue star is for Ingwionis' daughter Initihiel as seen in Ingwe's character info. A large star appears next to the red star, symbolizing the lost first wife of Ingwionis. Ya know, I may just draw the thing.

Parents: Both still extent, left on a white ship at the beginning of the 4th age to go to the west. Both helped in defending Eregion long before A'mael was born and might have witnessed the forging or handing over of the Elven rings.

Weapons: Lothlorien short-sword and bow of the Noldor given to her by her mother, and her father trained her in archery while her mother trained her to sword fight. She was trained beginning at the very young age of 12.

Powers; Influence in voice. When she is in peril she can shake the trees with the wind or summon wild animals to stampede to distract enemies.

Trivia: Killed 2 orcs when she was 15 years old. Killed many more after that. Slayed a troll that wandered too close to her in the disputed land of Harondor.

Hey is this okay? If not there's always the edit button.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:45 PM   #317
Mari
Elf Lady

Hello Amael! Finally I get to meet you
Ingwe told us a lot about you. (But all good, so don't worry )

Hope we get to interact in this particular RPG a bit too, and otherwise outside of it

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 04-28-2008, 03:47 PM   #318
Earniel

Sounds good. Welcome to the game, Amy.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:20 PM   #319
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Yay! The Queen has arrived.

As I've already said, thanks for finally taking my advice and registering Amy. Your intelligence and wisdom will serve you, and all of us, well during this adventure, and help me keep my sanity in not having to do any NPC characters at all.

I think it's definitely a good idea to give a list of weapons and powers. It's something I hadn't thought of doing for the Ingwionis profile some months back. Amy, if you get the power of Wind and Voice, then I should get the power of Fire and Random Jokes.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:29 PM   #320
Earniel

Some magic is fine, but just don't over-power your characters. That's all I ask.

Although Random Jokes could certainly be allowable, I think.