Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-22-2004, 10:56 AM   #301
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

Quote:
Originally posted by Artanis
As goes for all the promises of all the candidates.
That's why I was so happy to jump on board with SGH... it's so easy to talk about what she has already done around here, and what she still does continually!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 03-22-2004, 11:27 AM   #302
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Artanis
Also, I will try to make more known many of the great Tolkien-inspired artists out there, and I would also like to see members create their own pieces of art, like paintings, music etc.
I'll take the chance to present my favourite Tolkien-inspired artist. Her name is Anke Eissmann and has her own website here - Anke Eissmann

Quote:
Originally posted by Finrod Felagund
BTW, when was this Lord of the Flies discussion?
It was started in September last year. Here is a link to the discussion - Lord of the Flies

The actual book club has its own thread here - Entmoot Book Club
Do come with suggestions of books that we can read together
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.

Last edited by Jonathan : 03-22-2004 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:28 AM   #303
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

I find it interesting that you say this:
Quote:
Orginally posted by Finrod Felagund

As you can see, my skills and interests encompass all aspects of the board, Tolkien or otherwise.
And then ask this:
Quote:
BTW, when was this Lord of the Flies discussion?

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 03-22-2004, 01:41 PM   #304
Valandil

Theoden

Boy... Jonathan's answers to Tessar's REALLY seem to echo SGH's, don't they? At least the GOOD answers!

And what's up with all the spam-slinging of the 'Entmoot Council'???

And is Tessar REALLY an objective moderator of the campaign debates... or is he an undeclared candidate, running a "Stealth Campaign"... as it appears with his name on the poll??

C'mon people... wise up! SGH has already demonstrated her fine quality ('the very highest'!) to the rest of us... time after time, month after month! To vote for anyone else would be to short-change yourself!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Old 03-22-2004, 02:04 PM   #305
Beor
founder of the color blue

Well, let me tell you all a little story of when I first popped onto the Entmoot. I was new to computers and everything associated with them. I didnt know how to do much of anything, other than turn them on, and search for Tolkien stuff. So I signed on, and hung around a bit, didnt post much, no problem, right? Well, I posted once, I think in the Unwritten Book thread, or something to that nature, and who was the first to jump on and welcome me? Sister Golden Hair. And since then, she has always been happy to help, no matter how inane may query was, and she has always guided me in the matters of Mooting, for she is among the wise. It was for these reasons that I nominated her to run in the first place, before even taking her council, because I knew that she would always be a ready counsellor to any Mooter, a fair and impartial diciplinarian, and a good friend, to all Mooters. This is why you should vote her for president. The title of President of Entmoot does come with great responsibility, and it is not just a title. Think about what it encompasses, and then think about who you want to fill that role. If you fairly and impartially judge each candidate against the other, you will realise that Sister Golden Hair will always be the leader of the Entmoot, and I cannot think of a better candidate to represent all that this board stands for. Thank you.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:10 PM   #306
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

is that the same SGH who subtly tries to campaign in the B-Day thread?
I am not only an intelligent fellow, but also very easy going, and easy to get along with.
SGH needs no more power, she will always be the true ruler of the moot no matter who gets elected, she will always be the real moving force behind the moot. So actually if she is elected, you will only have re-elected her.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 03-22-2004, 02:14 PM   #307
Beor

Is this the same hectorberlioz who campaigned in the Welcome thread?

Electing her as president would be more as recognizing the great effort and love that she has put into the Entmoot and its members, and the vast ammount of time and devotion she has invested into this board. Is that really a bad thing? If you do good in a class or something, you like to get recognized. We would be merely thanking her for her undying dedicatin to us and the board.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:16 PM   #308
Valandil

Theoden

Quote:
Originally posted by hectorberlioz
is that the same SGH who subtly tries to campaign in the B-Day thread?
THIS from the guy whose team is turning practically EVERY thread into a 'Campaign Thread'?? Sheesh! The 'Welcome Thread', 'The Teacup Cafe', 'The Avatar Shop' ("Hey - we'll make you an avatar if you vote for us!!" )... it just goes on and on!!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 03-22-2004, 02:17 PM   #309
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Thank you Beor and Valandil. I would like to point out to the mooters, that I realize they may hesitate to vote for me because I am an admin, but think about it: what better candidate than one that already has the power to help with your requests and take care of all your mooting needs? I have always tried to be fair and reasonable with all members, and am always at your service. I have never wanted to use my admin status to win the election and I am not trying to do that now. I just hope that my status does not sway you from voting for me. As I have said before, I am a mooter first, but, since I am an admin, I can take it a step further for all mooters, but nomatter the out come of the election, I am here to serve.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 03-22-2004, 02:19 PM   #310
hectorberlioz

is the same SGH who bribes her VP?

Yes, but if she is prez, then she's hogging all the tolkien love for herself, and not giving another someone a chance to express his/her love for the Moot.
Also she would be burdened with having admin and mod duties. where will she get the time? and so many duties on the moot would vex her, and not let herself enjoy much.

The Da CINDY Code
~

Last edited by hectorberlioz : 03-22-2004 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:23 PM   #311
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:

Yes, but if she is prez, then she's hogging all the tolkien love for herself, and not giving another someone a chance to express his/her love for the Moot.
I never bribed my VP! And, how would my becoming president hog all the Tolkien love? I am a firm believer of freedom of speech, and would never inhibit any mooter from expressing their love of Tolkien. So, what's your point?

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 03-22-2004, 02:25 PM   #312
hectorberlioz

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
I never bribed my VP! And, how would my becoming president hog all the Tolkien love? I am a firm believer of freedom of speech, and would never inhibit any mooter from expressing their love of Tolkien. So, what's your point?
slander my point is to slander
I told Val that you guys are wlcome to do the same to me

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 03-22-2004, 02:27 PM   #313
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

What have/can I bring to other sections of Entmoot...well...I work in a video store, so I can see all movies even before their official release date, as well as knowing the release of both theatre and video/dvd movies. Even before I began working there, I was what you'd call a movie buff. I am also well versed in the musical theatre world.
I have been an avid participant in several RPGs, including Tolkien Lover Anonymous, without argument the biggest, most epic RPG series ever on Entmoot. I am also a Member of NationStates.net
I have a fair amount of Star Wars and Harry Potter Knowlege and do quite a bit of writing in my spare time.
My chapter in the sil Project will be up soon, and I am booked for 2 chapters for the LotR project as well.
Ass you can see, my skills and interests encompass all aspects of the board, Tolkien or otherwise.

In fact, in matters vegetable animal and mineral, I am the very model of a modern major general...errr...presidential candidate.

You know what? I respect all of the other candidates. Every one of them has a great deal they could do for Entmoot. SGH, has already done a lot, then again, she doesn't need to be prez to do that does she?
Jonathan has contributed some of the funniest threads ever (Mud Wrestling, Mooters Calendar) as well as serious discussion.
And Hector is definitely a well versed, well thought, intelligent, intellectual and romantic youth. And he's the director of the new LotR. LOL!
All worthy adversaries, and as far as things are looking, at least one of them is bound to beat me...however,I will continue to campaign, and even if I lose, continue to try to make Entmoot the best place on the net!

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 03-22-2004 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:28 PM   #314
Valandil

Theoden

Quote:

Also she would be burdened with having admin and mod duties. where will she get the time? and so many duties on the moot would vex her, and not let herself enjoy much.
Hahah-hah! Hector, this is SO laughable! Yeah - like SGH has REALLY made a habit of clamping down on others who express their love for Tolkien and the Moot! Hah! Well... it's great to have a clown for one of the candidates!!

Frankly, I think SGH has held back so much in campaigning because some have given her 'heat' for running because she's an admin. Search your hearts Entmoot... isn't SGH the BEST Candidate for this position?? She's truly the tolkienest!!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 03-22-2004, 02:35 PM   #315
Beor

The fact that some may have it in their hearts to fire upon Sister Golden Hair for running even though she is an admin is ridiculous. If I remember correctly, every member of Entmoot was eligable to run, so if you want to say that she cannot run, or should be ashamed to run, because she is an admin, then you are saying that she cannot be a Mooter, and that if she is, she should be ashamed to be, because she is a mod, and that is utterly ridiculous.
The fact is, that even if she wasnt an administrator, she woud still do the same great stuff she does now, only with less power to back her up. She would still help people in need, and would still try to keep flaming and spamming at bay, she would just need help to do it.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:36 PM   #316
hectorberlioz

Quote:
Originally posted by Finrod Felagund
What have/can I bring to other sections of Entmoot...well...I work in a video store, so I can see all movies even before their official release date, as well as knowing the release of both theatre and video/dvd movies. Even before I began working there, I was what you'd call a movie buff. I am also well versed in the musical theatre world.
I have been an avid participant in several RPGs, including Tolkien Lover Anonymous, without argument the biggest, most epic RPG series ever on Entmoot. I am also a Member of NationStates.net
I have a fair amount of Star Wars and Harry Potter Knowlege and do quite a bit of writing in my spare time.
My chapter in the sil Project will be up soon, and I am booked for 2 chapters for the LotR project as well.
Ass you can see, my skills and interests encompass all aspects of the board, Tolkien or otherwise.

In fact, in matters vegetable animal and mineral, I am the very model of a modern major general...errr...presidential candidate.

You know what? I respect all of the other candidates. Every one of them has a great deal they could do for Entmoot. SGH, has already done a lot, then again, she doesn't need to be prez to do that does she?
Jonathan has contributed some of the funniest threads ever (Mud Wrestling, Mooters Calendar) as well as serious discussion.
And Hector is definitely a well versed, well thought and intelligent man. And he's the director of the new LotR. LOL!
All worthy adversaries, and as far as things are looking, at least one of them is bound to beat me...however,I will continue to campaign, and even if I lose, continue to try to make Entmoot the best place on the net!
Thanks for the nice comment FF.
but I'm not a man (yet). I'm 16 yrs old, and considered very mature for my age despite my extravagant sense of humour (whatever that means).
As for you FF, you're a good hearted mooter with a good head on his shoulders, two beautiful women (sgh and ruinel ), and a good profile of responsiblity (as fas as i know).

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 03-22-2004, 02:49 PM   #317
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

I know you're sixteen hector...how 'bout "young man"?
Old 03-22-2004, 02:49 PM   #318
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

*pokes Valandil*

He's just having a little fun. You know, get some good old-fashioned rivalry going. Don't you guys know how to have some fun?
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 03-22-2004, 02:51 PM   #319
Valandil

Theoden

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
*pokes Valandil*

He's just having a little fun. You know, get some good old-fashioned rivalry going. Don't you guys know how to have some fun?
That's what I was having... 'til you POKED me!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 03-22-2004, 02:55 PM   #320
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
slander my point is to slander
I told Val that you guys are wlcome to do the same to me
Now what could possibly make slandering your opponants attractive to the voters?

Travel and Tourism Guide