Old 08-21-2008, 10:22 AM   #301
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
ARGH!
My university. Bloody administration and administrators. *hits a punchbag*
And stupid phonepeople! And... and...
Anyway, today is just one of those ARGH! days.
I'm sorry.

How is your neck?

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 08-21-2008, 10:37 AM   #302
Mari
Elf Lady

The neck is coming along fine. I can lift my head from the pillow again and look to the left and right properly when biking. Still got a lot of bruises though. I look like a human punchingbag >_<

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 08-21-2008, 11:07 AM   #303
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*hugs Mari*

VENT: The moment you're sorting through the new delivery and you open the gazillionth box and the first thing out of your mouth is: "Ah, Mr. chocolate-coloured sock, we meet again!", is the moment you know this job will eventually drive you mad.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:34 AM   #304
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I'm kind of frustrated... I think my voice is pretty close to being back to normal, but I just don't have the energy... I can only seem to motivate myself to work on breathing for about 30 minutes, then I've only got enough left to sing for about 40-50 minutes. Argh!! I need more energy so I can practice longer.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:21 PM   #305
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
I'm kind of frustrated... I think my voice is pretty close to being back to normal, but I just don't have the energy... I can only seem to motivate myself to work on breathing for about 30 minutes, then I've only got enough left to sing for about 40-50 minutes. Argh!! I need more energy so I can practice longer.
It's a long process, honey. Don't push it, or you'll relapse...and that's no fun, at all.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 08-22-2008, 01:26 PM   #306
Midge
Faithful Gardener

My string cheese tastes weird. [/end vicarious venting]
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 08-22-2008, 01:30 PM   #307
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge View Post
My string cheese tastes weird. [/end vicarious venting]
Are you eating anything odd with it?

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 08-22-2008, 01:30 PM   #308
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt View Post
It's a long process, honey. Don't push it, or you'll relapse...and that's no fun, at all.

I worry about that, but I worry more about falling behind. I don't want to lose more time to getting sick again, but it just kills me to think that I lost around six weeks of work, and that I could've been making so much progress...

I just want to be good so freaking bad I can taste it. I mean almost literally--I can feel my wanting to be a good singer so much it's like another person standing next to me saying, "Come on, you can do better, just work a little harder." Which is both motivating and frustrating at the same time because I know no matter how hard I work I may never be good enough... but I've gotta push as far as I can without overdoing it.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #309
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Quote:
Only the normal sandwich and bring-my-own-lunch stuff.
Not that it's THAT big of a deal.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 08-22-2008, 03:30 PM   #310
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
You mean besides the string cheese?

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 08-22-2008, 10:04 PM   #311
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaimir Windgem View Post
You mean besides the string cheese?
hey now...string cheese is good! CalciYUM!!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 01:28 PM   #312
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Blarg. Woke up tired, again, today.... despite getting plenty of sleep. I've been feeling off and on again sick for a few days now, but I think maybe it's a little better. I wish I didn't have to work a full 8 hours today. Blaaaarg! :P

Still. Moneh and whatnot... aaaaand I have to remind myself that I do actually enjoy the job, just that standing for 8 hours isn't totally ideal when you're tired -_-. Oh well. Pros and cons.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:50 PM   #313
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
Still. Moneh and whatnot... aaaaand I have to remind myself that I do actually enjoy the job, just that standing for 8 hours isn't totally ideal when you're tired -_-. Oh well. Pros and cons.
Pro: You're much less likely to fall asleep at work if you're standing the whole time
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:11 PM   #314
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Tess...be careful. Don't get yourself all sick again.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 08-25-2008, 03:34 PM   #315
Mari
Elf Lady

What Gwai said. Don't make me come over and whack you >_<
But if you think you can go on: go for it

Last edited by Mari : 08-25-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:36 PM   #316
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Darn right. You take good care of yourself, honey. Don't make us come over there, tuck you in a blanket before the fire and force-feed you tea with honey or a hot coco.

Um... wait... that didn't sound nearly as threatening as it did in my head...

Let's try again: You take good care of yourself, Tessar, or... or... or ELSE!

I mean it!
Old 08-25-2008, 10:24 PM   #317
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

O.o force-fed coco and tea? HOW DREADFUL [/not sarcastic AT ALL] :P

But thanks guys. I'm definitely trying to be careful... it's just difficult when YOU LIVE ON THE EDGE LIKE I DO!!!!!!! *strikes an awesome pose as an explosion goes off behind him*
Old 08-26-2008, 02:52 AM   #318
Mari
Elf Lady

Are you a Donkey on the edge? [/random Shrek moment]

Old 08-26-2008, 03:45 AM   #319
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Tessar, what's your job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
VENT: The moment you're sorting through the new delivery and you open the gazillionth box and the first thing out of your mouth is: "Ah, Mr. chocolate-coloured sock, we meet again!", is the moment you know this job will eventually drive you mad.
And when you do, will you please, please write a book about it.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 08-26-2008, 04:47 AM   #320
Finarfin-1
Hobbit

Hi all,
New to this community, but I saw this thread and thought that under the heading of "One of the best ways to get to know someone is to share their gripes and ills" that maybe sharing here might be a good idea.

I'm a 29yr old guy, live in Florida though I was born and spent my first eleven years in Chicago. I'm (technically) married, though doing my best to end that nightmare. Now I'm involved again with my childhood sweetheart and first love.

Anyways, I suffer from an as yet undiagnosed (not for a lack of trying) condition that's been causing progressively more intense back, neck and shoulder pain since I was eighteen. At first it wasn't so bad. I'd take the pills the doctor prescribed and the pain would go away, allowing me to go on with my life as normal. Then the real problems began. It seems that I develop a tolerance to opiod (narcotic) painkillers at a rate of something like 5-6x faster than a regular person. Making matters worse, I was in an accident the summer of my 21st year.

Fast forward to the present. A month ago I was in a bad car accident, got rear-ended sitting at a red light by this guy talking on a cellphone, he never even hit his brakes. So my pain issues have been understandably compounded. Worse still, State Farm screwed me and has taken the position that I didn't have Collision on my insurance policy, even though they managed to charge me for enough to equal paying for it. (My bad for not examining the policy or my billing statements better). Bottom line being my truck was completely totalled and had to be sold to the wrecker just to pay the towing bill.

"Better" yet, my mother just had surgery to remove a malignant growth from her kidney. The bright spot being that while they expected to have to remove part or all of the kidney as well that multiple lucky breaks made it possible for them to remove the mass without removing her kidney. The downside being that her recovery is extremely painful and slow. The household finances are in bad shape because she isn't working to boot.

On top of this: My beloved had cancer as well six years ago. Chemotherapy in conjunction with outpatient surgery served to clear it up then, but within ONE week of my mother's diagnosis my angel's yearly examination results caused the doctor to schedule a biopsy, the results of which were that the cancer had recurred. They caught it very early, which is good, but the horrible thing is that since losing my own vehicle my parents have effectively been keeping me from her side by denying me the use of their vehicles. She's just barely scraping by financially as well, but there's nothing I can do to help right now since I'm unable to work in my condition.

So, I'm trapped in my parent's house and am dealing with all this as best I can, but it's really hard. The cherry on top is that I've wrestled with depression since I was sixteen.

Sorry for the laundry list of troubles if it bothered anyone. It's just that I'm feeling it all boil over this morning. Just typing it all out helped me, so thank you )

On a lighter note: I hope to get to know all of you here. I've always wanted to find a great LotR forum community, and this place looks really great. I wish the Silmarillion forum was more active, but ah well.

Hope everything is looking up for all of you )
Closed Thread