Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books > LOTR Discussion Project
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-14-2005, 04:02 PM   #301
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I wonder, is interest in the discussion project waning? The last chapter summary I posted barely got 18 replies. And I don't think it was that bad...
Old 05-14-2005, 05:29 PM   #302
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

I think it's just the beginning of a summer slump... or maybe 'spring fever'!

I've gotten quite behind in my reading, but still hope to catch up and post some thoughts in the threads which have been moved into the sub-forum. So don't get discouraged - the discussion for every chapter may really only be beginning.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 01:13 AM   #303
BeardofPants
the Shrike

To be expected, I would think. The same happened with the silmarillion discussions. Not to worry though, like Val says, those discussions will be there for as long as Entmoot exists - people will always be able to contribute to 'em, and they'll be there as a point of reference for others. And I'm really looking forwards to contributing to mine, which are coming up shortly!
Old 05-21-2005, 08:53 AM   #304
Valandil

Well folks, we've reached the half-way mark! Congratulations and thank-yous all around! Recent contributors have done a great job of keeping us on schedule as well - and for those who couldn't post, they've been helpful by giving us good notice.

I haven't directly contacted the next several assignees lately, but we appear to be in good shape. The next four or so are still largely active and/or have clearly stated their intentions to keep their commitments.

For those who are newer here, or otherwise interested in taking on an assignment, we do have some others a little later which were claimed by members who are no longer active - so if they cannot be contacted, or are unable to write their intros, there may be some chapters available for those interested in getting things rolling.

Special thanks to those who have taken a reassignment (or two) to keep us moving.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Old 05-21-2005, 02:14 PM   #305
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

I'm away for the date mine's assigned to so I can either post it a few days early or late.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 06:40 AM   #306
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

doin good aint we?
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 03:15 PM   #307
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I do know I was assigned for yesterday btw, as you can see we're going to be a bit late... hopefully, a bit, that is.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 06:54 AM   #308
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

I'm facing an awful lot of work the next month, and then I'll be away on vacation. So, if anyone would be so kind as to take the chapters assigned to me I'd be more than grateful.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:01 PM   #309
azalea
Long lost mooter

Sorry I went missing -- I forgot to inform everyone that I was going out of town. Anyway, I'm back again, so Rad, whenever you and Lin get that section done, just pm me and/ or Valandil and we'll stick it.

Thanks to everyone for keeping the project going, and I'm just unhappy that circumstances led me to be less involved than I was able to be at the beginning. I look forward to contributing after the fact at some point in the future.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 01:26 PM   #310
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

I can probably bang something out at short notice at the mo. Valandil, give me a shout if you need me.

T'would have to be in Two Tower tho cos I've lost my copy of ROTK!
The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 07:04 AM   #311
Valandil

Gaffer - Artanis has a couple chapters that should be coming due in about mid-July or so (EDIT: "The Window on the West" and "The Forbidden Pool" - good stuff!). She appears willing to give them up, so why don't you go ahead and plan on doing them. They're still in TT.

Artanis - I hope we can get you back (for chapter intros) in early fall - I anticipate there will be a few assignments to be filled then.

Rad... Lin... how's that 'team assignment experiment' going? It doesn't have to be a 'world-beater' - just cover the basics if you like. You can easily expand on it after you do the intro.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Last edited by Valandil : 06-03-2005 at 07:06 AM.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:52 AM   #312
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Gaffer, you are welcome to grab my chapters. I'd be grateful to get that task off my todo-list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Artanis - I hope we can get you back (for chapter intros) in early fall - I anticipate there will be a few assignments to be filled then.
Yep, I think autumn is a better time for me, I can do intros then if it should be necessary. As always in June I'll be working plenty overtime. But Fat Middle thinks I travel too much and work too little, so I guess I shouldn't complain...
Old 06-03-2005, 11:05 AM   #313
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Okey dokey.

Am on holiday 11th-18th June but should mid July shouldn't be a problem.

Don't overdo it, Arty. It must be something to do with those long summer days in Norway!
The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 08:59 AM   #314
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artanis
But Fat Middle thinks I travel too much and work too little, so I guess I shouldn't complain...
Hey, don't make me guilty now of your bad conscience
Old 06-17-2005, 02:20 AM   #315
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Just shouting out that I'm still doing my chapters!
Old 06-17-2005, 07:24 AM   #316
Valandil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
I'm away for the date mine's assigned to so I can either post it a few days early or late.
TD - with postpones that have come along, are you good with the date we have you for now? If not, a few days late is fine - it seems we're all a bit slow this summer, so it might be better to savor it than rush it.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 06-17-2005, 07:26 AM   #317
Valandil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardofPants
Just shouting out that I'm still doing my chapters!
Yes - you have consistently said that, so I've been counting on it. It seems you're looking forward to it, as am I.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 06-17-2005, 09:24 AM   #318
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

jus to let you know, i am disappearing, and do not know when i shall return hither, but i am still likely to do my assignment, i know it is a long way off, but oft it's said 'the best laid plans of mice and men...'
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 02:40 PM   #319
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

any chapters need doing ... i'm game : i could spin one or two off in a couple of days in this current format: (don't ask how much editing i've been doing this last 2 weeks - it breaks most EU directives by a integer (?) of aT LEAST 5! ) though i would like to elaborate into some more depth and ask some more evocative (from a personal perspective) questions: i have found the whole thing very good and much respect to everyone who has contributed - from a personal perspective i'd like to add my own individual ideas on a chapter: what i liked and why, what suprised me, long-held questions or doubts, little minutiae (can't spell that just now) and how this part fits into the wider world or beleif systems of the moot community etc ...

to be honest, although i enjoy some light relief and banter here on the moot in the main, it'd be nice to to have some serious discussion again ...

again, my respect to all who have taken their time to contribute thus far
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 05:57 PM   #320
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Yes - you have consistently said that, so I've been counting on it. It seems you're looking forward to it, as am I.
Yeah I'm looking forward to your chapter too Boppy.

I'm on vacation right now, and then I'm going to be very busy with Calculus, finding an appartment for next year, and whatnot, so I seriously need to tone down my postings. (As you may or may not have noticed.)

However, I too am shouting out that I'd still like to do my chapters. Is there an ETA on when "The Scouring of the Shire" and "The Grey Havens" are going to come up?

Whose doing the Appendicies? I'm looking forward to those too.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote