Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 02:24 PM   #301
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
"And I'm sorry if I sounded angry. I wasn't, you know." Seeing Star turn to her journal, I started writing in mine.

FROM THE JOURNAL OF EMPRESS CALIEN

Sometimes, I still think and speak like a Mundane Earther. Five years ago, I thought that the effects of my visit to Mundane Earth wouldn't show, by now. Yes, I believed they would someday disappear entirely. After all, I'm not really from Mundane Earth. And Katharine Welsh and I, though we are sometimes called "twins," are very different people.

In reality, I'm only a few years younger than the hobbit Primrose Brandybuck, whose children are both grown. Kathie's twenty-one. Yet while I was in Mundane Earth, I fully believed that I was her. I thought that if I could forget who I was completely, I would surely forget Mundane Earth as well.

I was wrong. There is something foreign in me now, which will never go away. Being in another world changes you forever, as does becoming someone else. That's basically what I did when Kathie and I switched worlds. In a way, I truly WAS her, and she was me.

Now that she and I are in the same world, for the first time, I might actually meet her. Since she's in Caellyn, we probably WILL see each other. How odd that will be -- to meet the person I once believed myself to be!

I looked over what I had written, and closed the journal.

"Fimbren, before we get to Faith's kingdom, I must tell you more about the Writewraiths, Thirelind, and the Kin. First, do you know of the 'Kin'?"
Old 03-21-2003, 12:05 PM   #302
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren shook his head. "I have heard them mentioned but I don't know who they are."
Old 03-21-2003, 12:29 PM   #303
Silverstripe

"The Kin are a group of elves and men who can..." I hesitated, knowing what Fimbren's probable reaction to my next statement would be, "transform into wargs." Quickly, I added, "but the Kin aren't evil!"

It was only then that Fimbren took any notice of the fact that Hunter, a "warg," was leading the group.
Old 03-22-2003, 07:06 PM   #304
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
ooc: Star(The real Star) Is gone for the weekend compeating with her choir. Until she gets back(Sunday I am pretty sure) I am going to take command of one of her characters, Andodulin.

ic: *Just at that moment a silver unisus landed alongside Calien. Freddy, sitting atop stuttered an apologie.* "I am sorry for my tardieness Empress. I...lost something of great...importance to me." *Something shone in his eyes, but he blinked and it could no longer be seen.*

~Earlier that morning~

*Andodulin looked at the figure traveling through the woods just below. He was in the form of an elf, and had an arrow drawn in the black bow adorned with the fire bird, that had been Lubyla's. So had the quiver, and the arrow. The arrow even to him had some sort of taint on it, he could feel what Lubyla never had been able to feel. The white arrow, with the red tip that for some reason had never left the quiver was now strung. He carefully aimed and let it fly, and it nestled in the fair place of the female hobbit. She feel, the elven cloak had done her no good here, and was now spread out below her, showing the white dress, already covered with a red stain. A tear glistened in the elves eye, had always liked her, and never thought what he had just done possible. A howl lifted from her traveling companion, a white warg. Andodulin quickly changed his form and lifted out of the tree, flying as far away as he could get from that mournful howl. A while later, he saw another hobbit dressed all in white, riding a unisus. Freddy. He alit on Freddy's shoulder, offering him comfort silently. Neither said a word, and when Freddy's clothes went back to normal and a group apeared ahead of them, the black bird left his shoulder and flew into the distance.

"Something very close to me in fact."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*The white warg mourned, howling for the lost mistress. He admited it out loud to himself now, she HAD been more than a companion, rather she had been a mistress. He would have to take her the rest of the way to Thirelind, the the Empress. That had been her destination, to rejoin Lubyla there, though Lubyla may not be recognizable by others. He bent down, scooping the now limp, and growing cold body up into his wraith-like arms. White robes, though by the time he stepped out of the woods, into the path of a group with the Empress herself, Freddy and others he did not recognize, the robes where again back. He was the last living Ringwraith.*
Pacha:Most likely.
Cusco:Bring it on.
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Yes, I'm female. Fred Baggins is my NICKNAME!
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 03-23-2003, 01:22 PM   #305
Lubyla
Princess Lubyla Greenleaf of the Stars

Location: Sitting in a quiet forest, looking at the darkness and the stars...
Linde flew down to Merry, and a light shown, as a shadow emrged. Lubyla, though just a shadow. She stooped over and cried a tear, crystal it fell. "Her time has come, but to her, not a bit too soon."

"Freddy?" I was still adorned in the clothes that to those who knew me not would think me Lubyla. I knew who it was, and my heart cried for him. I hadn't even let Faith kill her in the RPGs, and yet here she was, dead.

``````````````````````````````
It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter
`````````````````````````````
Old 03-23-2003, 01:46 PM   #306
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren nodded. so waht more should I know of Thireland and the Writewraiths? Everything I hope."
Old 03-23-2003, 06:28 PM   #307
Silverstripe

At Fimbren's acceptance of the Kin, I smiled, and handed him one of the books that had been in my pack.

"This journal contains a record of the Journey of the Writewraiths, from the time we arrived in Middle Earth, 'til about a month after we reached Thirelind. It should tell you what you need to know."

Then I saw a Ringwraith-like figure walking towards us. The Ringwraith carried a lifeless body, a hobbit whom I recognized. One of my friends. A few tears trickled down my cheek. I knew that the hobbit was free now from that which had tormented her over centuries, but I would miss her. All of the Writewraiths would.

But this wasn't the way she was supposed to die! How can this be?!

And then I realized that, once they arrived in Middle Earth, the Mundane Earthers no longer had full control over what happened to their characters. If they did, Faith would never have let this happen.

I knew that her companion would soon die, too. He and the hobbit had had a Link something like mine with Terwell's, except that in their case, when one "twin" died, the other would as well.

'Listen, Calien! My father and his companion are near us,' said Terwell. 'They must know what has happened.'

In the distance, I heard a fox yip angrily. Primrose Brandybuck and the red fox Cyrell were approaching.

"The Hidden One comes," I said softly. If they hurried, Primrose and Cyrell might arrive in time to say farewell to the white warg.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:23 PM   #308
Fred Baggins

*Merry looked from the shadow of Lubyla to the other who looked like her. But he had known Lubyla enough to know who was who. To the Shadow he whispered,* "It was the Gatebird, for I saw him fly away afterwards. I am sorry." *To the others he spoke aloud.* "Do not fear me, though I know some of you know me not. I am friend, and I bear sad news." *he nodded to Star* "I am he." *he Knelt before the one he knew was Calien* "Belladona Gamgee of the Night Sky, bearer of the Ring of Night, who has compleated her quest, returns at last to your kingdom. She now rests in final peace."
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 03-23-2003, 07:36 PM   #309
Fred Baggins

Wind Rider pranced. She knew where we where going, and what was in front of us. And she thought we would cross the border. I could never cross that border again. It would be beyond disasterious.
That's when the pain started. Clutched at my heart, it felt like an arrow had struck me, and like blood was trickling down my shirt though there was nothing there. And as suddenly as it started it stoped. And something that I had always felt, I never felt again. I missed something in my life from that moment on.
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 03-23-2003, 08:04 PM   #310
Lubyla

The shadow dissapeared, as Linde flew to the Empress.

I saw Merry, the poor soul. I had not known Fran, not too well anyway, only what Faith had said about what she was and everything else, though I had never met her, and yet, I felt great loss.

Old 03-24-2003, 01:53 AM   #311
Fred Baggins

*Merry had to sit down. He still held the body close to him, bt now another stood close to him weeping.*

"Merry, I swear it, I shall have my revenge on her. The one who killed her has destroyed the Three Companions, and that is an offense worthy of torture beyond death." *Already the hobbit went through the accursed memories stored in his head, picking a chosing which torture to use, for there was none that had loved this creature more than he. A young man stood before him wearing a crown, though any one else looking would have seen only a unisus. He spoke the Freddy,* "Freddy, Master remember that torture is no longer on your side. Have your revenge and be done. Please master." *Freddy ignored the words. He thirsted for revenge*

*Misstres, Countess, Are you all right! Please Countess, what has happened?"

"O Lintegwath, even if I knew I'm not sure I would tell you. Something terrible has happened that is all." A death. From somwhere in the back of my mind came the image of Star, dead. i heeled Wind Rider, begging him to go faster. If anything had happened to Star I would...
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 03-24-2003, 12:54 PM   #312
Lubyla

I started out, as Starletta approached teh group.

"It is sooned than I though, there has been foul play in the makings." She grimly nodded. "empress, I cannot come along with you. Something has happened in Rohan, something big, and I need to go see what is to be done."

Linde rested in the grass, as the shadow came. "Master Merry, I shall help you bare this burden, and master Freddy, revenge is not as sweet as you would think, but I also am in war with the one who it responcible."

I managed to whisper a "Lubyla." But how? O curse that little! But wait, this was like one of those bad horror films. But who was next. "Um, as much as this is sad, I think we must leave, for we now are but sitting ducks in this area, our guard is down, and do you think whoever did this is going to rest at one person dead?"

Old 03-25-2003, 11:18 AM   #313
Fred Baggins

"Yes...yes we must be going." Freddy spoke nothinging along the lines of the revenge again, niether did he put it out of his mind.

Merry took his warg form, so to run alongside Hunter, being somewhat related to the Kin in that he could shift, and yet so very different.(ooc: One of these days I will make a character who is Kin) When they started off, it was obvious that the Link was taking affect. Merry was quickly losing his strength. Calien spoke up asking weather he would rather go back to the Castle. "Nay Fair friend, for there is something yet that I must do with you. Fran was never one for sharing what she did not want to, and so I'm afraid I must keep it to myself, but when it happens, it will be with you, and so I must remain with you, until the day that I..." He fell silent.

Freddy pulled the Unisus up alongside him. "Then at least accept a ride." He offered his hand down the Merry, who reluctantly took his two-legged ringwraith shape, and rode with him.
Pushing WC as hard as I was it did not take long to reach the border. When I relized I was there I turned around leading the horse and warg away from the border, about 5 yards away so that the conversation couldn't be heard, and loosed the link so he did not have to follow, and well as stoped up his ears for precaustion, then dismounted WC and walked back, waiting for Calien.
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 03-25-2003, 11:41 AM   #314
Silverstripe

Primrose Brandybuck and the red fox Cyrell saw the group of Writewraiths traveling, and hurried to catch up with them. The two fell into stride with the group, asking no questions. They already knew what had happened. Primrose rode alongside Calien, and Cyrell stayed by his son Terwell.

We all remained silent for the rest of the journey to Caellyn. Feeling that the sooner we returned to Thirelind, the better it would be for all concerned, I rode Anmara at a gallop, and nearly got ahead of the group. Not until Hunter called me back did I slow down.

My companions left me at some distance from the border, all but Fimbren, who accompanied me for a few more yards before he stopped. I dismounted Anmara and left her with Fimbren, then walked the rest of the way to the border. Faith was already there.

"Hello, Countess Faith," I said. "I'm here, alone as promised. I do have some companions that came partway with me, but they have orders to come no further."

There, I was being honest with her. I would treat Faith Lowe as a friend, and not an enemy, until she showed herself to be otherwise. Still, I kept my guard up.
Old 03-25-2003, 12:01 PM   #315
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren stroked his horse, Nahar, and the Empresses, Anmara, as well and watched in the distance as the two women met.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:39 PM   #316
Lubyla

I watched as the two met, and stayed silent. I hoped that nothing would happen, but fell asleep on my horse.(ooc: Sorry for this next part, but Faith will kill me if I dont do this soon)I started to fall off, as Primrose grabed me to stable me. I then screamed out "Get away demon hanger!" And fell off, and awoke to an embarassment, as the fact Countess and Empress had both heard, along with all the others. I stayed on the ground, hiding my face.

Old 03-25-2003, 07:41 PM   #317
Fred Baggins

I looked around her at the people behind her, and at that time Star who had come with her fell off her horse shouting something about demon hangers. I smirked, and nodded to her. "Very well Empress Calien, but if you don't mind I'd like to use a little trick I learned awhile back, so they can hear one another, but not us." She gave her consent and I did so. It also made it so we could not hear them.

*recognizing the weaving put aroud them, Merry turned around, and muttered so only Freddy heard the words given to Fran many years ago, "When the Last Mistress of the Night dies, then the last Pheonix and the Last Thunder birds shall take her back to the Valar from whence she came." Then he turned and smiled at Primrose.

"Many with you I recognize. Freddy of course was told to accompany you, but I expected no others. Hunter, and two which particularly intrest me, Star, Primrose, and a fox who must be Cyrell, and undersized ringwraith who can only be Merry. But if Merry is here, then where is his companion? And more importantly where is Dawn?"

ooc: and if you look to your left, you will see in the place of my avatar, the symbol of the Kingdom of Ceallyn, just imagin grape vines coming from where the circles meet, and if you put an odd looking flower next to it you will have the flag of the kingdom!
()_))_Crayola_))_>

Last edited by Fred Baggins : 03-25-2003 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-26-2003, 12:09 PM   #318
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren was enraged, "I gave no one permission to change my hearing. He looked sharply and tried to read their lips. He caught little but so far they were just talking about the empress's companions. No mention had been made of the elf yet. He sighed, the less he was noticed the better, he didn't like the feeling the countess gave him, even from a distance.
Old 03-26-2003, 01:36 PM   #319
Lubyla

I looked at teh two, My Countess, and my Empress, Though, I cannot be of both kingdoms, nor can I be of both worlds.I lay down and fell asleep. I started off wit hthe hangers, taking me to closet world, but insted, it was a different world, a ...between world. And I was not in the dream, just watching.

As I slept on, a chill wind started.

A lady elf stood with another, one that looked like maybe an older sister. The older one spoke.

"Rinavariel, are you sure this is what you want, the times here are harsh, and it would be hard for you to come back."

"I don't think I will come back, in fact, I mean not to."

"Is this for...Him?"
A shadow loomed next to me.

"No, not fully. I wish for a life free from this. I wish to have more freedom, more choices. This world, you would never leave.The world I speek of knows about us, though it is only as a fairy tail.Do not worry, I may come back.Please, say nothing to mother."

"I won't, though, what about Nydassi?"

"She will come, she is very young and will know nothing about this world, and that is how I want it. It is too dangerous to stay."

It was at that point that I knew who she was...it was my mother.

"Then I send my best. But I must warn you, there will be a tie when Nydassi will return, and at that time..."

"...a great war will come.I know theses things, though it will not only be her, others who..."

"...befriend her.It will be a very odd time indeed. Many will be confused.But fare well, may our paths meet again sister."

"And may thier meeting be of joy and peace."
Rinavariel, my mother, walked into the woods with the one I figured as my father. The wind howled. :She shall never find a home: :There is no world of her own:

and the dream seemed to fade out.I stood in the white nothingness, and I awoke, or so I thought.

ooc: Ok, the next part is kinda wierd, so I'm going to use a diff. color.

ic:"Starlight Renee get up before I send Jissabell up there."

I moaned and rolled off the couch in my loft. Mother was cooking pancakes, which ment it was Saturday- the only day mom would cook breakfast.Jissabell ran up the stairs.

"Arhg, go!" I managed to groan as she licked my feet."

"Starlight Renee, your not going to sleep tonight if you dont get up!"

"Fine! I'm comming! Just call off your warg!" We had always called good ole Jissy that, she was big enough to be one! I pulled on my robe and walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Your father and I are going into town today, did you want to come?"

"Not really, I think I'll just stay here."

"Alright. But your not to go back to sleep."

"Whatever." I ate my breakfast and headed back up to my room to get dressed.Mom and Dad lef, and I started up my computer, and logged on to Entmoot. None of the RPGs I was in were there, and the date said December 30, 2008. "It's my birthday? Cool!" But 2008 got me. It was only 2003 last time I logged onto the computer. I shut it down and layed on my sofa, and fell asleep, or more, fell awake, in Middle Earth.

Last edited by Lubyla : 03-26-2003 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-26-2003, 06:42 PM   #320
Fred Baggins

ooc: *Is crying from laughter* Jissabell, or Janis?! XD That's RICH Star!!! *Is trying to stop laughing long enough to post.*

ic: ((This comp is evil, it's supposed to be Freddy sorry)) Freddy turned to the other, Fimbren. "Don't worry about it. The Countess Fa-Doncamiel will have things to be absoulutly private when it must. But you mustn't let her know you are trying to read lips, or she'll block your sight next. Turn sideways, and talk to people, act compleatly uninterested, but watch out of the corner of your eyes, makes it eaisier to read to. And don't worry, she didn't hear a word of what I just said. My...abilitys counter her in a way." He shrugged.
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Closed Thread