Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-04-2005, 12:40 AM   #301
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Location: Beyond conscious thought... and always out of reach
Banuien can hitch a ride with Siuahn. *nod nod*

Clambering down from Nyaki's back after Banuien's dismount, Siuahn looked out at the lake for a long moment. She turned her head a fraction as Nyaki's voice tentatively crept into her thoughts. <Siuahn, I'm hungry. The others have found meat, and I wish to join them... Will you be all right?"

<I'm not entirely helpless. Go feed. I'll most likely do the same...> She smiled, her pale eyes weary, but warm as she watched the she-dragon leap into the air.

Walking hesitantly towards where Eragon sat, tending to the injured elf woman as usual; the young man had taken it upon himself to nurse her back to health. She stood a few feet away, gazing at him thoughtfully as he sat himself back down again, at the elf's side, and heaved an exhausted sigh.

"Eragon..." Siuahn said softly, cautiously approaching him and laying a gentle hand on his shoulder. Pale eyes met brown eyes; the soft, carefree look she had first seen in those eyes now gone, hardened by the crushing blows that had been dealt to his spirit, to his heart and hope.

"Can we... talk?"

Potius mori quam foedari...
Death before dishonour...
Akamai Deredal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 10:55 PM   #302
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Eragon watched Saphira follow Nyaki to find something to eat. He looked down at the elf, she wasn't doing well at all, but they were almost to the Varden. He hoped they could help her, but for now he was just plain weary. He sat down heavily and felt a hand on his shoulder. "Eragon, can we... talk?" He glanced up at Suiahn's pale eyes, which he was almost accustomed to now. "Sure. What do you want to talk about?" he said stiffly, standing up and rubbing his arms against the wind.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:06 PM   #303
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Smiling, the young woman gave a sheepish shrug. "I... don't know. I just thought you might want something to do..." she paused, her smile growing as sheepish as her shrug, "That and we've never really had the chance to actually talk..."

The smile faded fractionally with each step as the pair of them walked slowly along the bank of the lake. Neither of them spoke for a long while, and finally Siuahn stopped and picked up a flat rock from the banks. Slinging it out to the center of the water, she watched it hop and skitter its way to a stop.

"Something is on your mind, Eragon... Might I ask of you, what it is exactly?" She turned to face him as he stood a few feet away from her, his brown eyes staring hard at the water's surface.

Old 03-04-2005, 11:16 PM   #304
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Eragon watched the stone skip across the surface of the lake. He had plenty on his mind. Brom's death, the responsibility of being a Rider, the fight against the Empire, the elf's well-being, everything building up inside, and he'd rather just push it back down and be cold than to let it out. He picked up a stone and moved it around in his hand. "Too many things." he replied, that same coldness still in his voice. He paused and looked over at Suiahn. She had been his first teacher, the first person besides Brom he had come in contact with after becoming a Rider. They had a few rocky times, but she had been a good friend, even a cellmate at one point. Who else would he talk to? Why not her?

Eragon sat down beside the lake and put his face in his hands. "It's just too much, I'm not strong enough. I wasn't there for him, and who knows if I can be counted on to be there for the rest of them. For all of you." he glanced up, his eyes tearing for the first time in a long time. There he was, being weak again. "Is there any hope at all? Just think about our odds. I'm no Rider, I can't fight the Empire like that. I can't hold the responsibility of other's lives in my hands." Eragon wiped his tears away angrily and gazed back out into the water.

Old 03-04-2005, 11:32 PM   #305
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Sighing, Siuahn sat down beside him crosslegged, her hands laid across her lap. "you can't be there for everyone, Eragon. You did all that you could in the situations you've been put into. You're not alone in this, Eragon... It's not souly up to you to take on the entire Empire, to protect all of us. True, the odds are not in our favor, and our numbers are small. But there's hope for us."

She smiled gently at him and lightly touched his shoulder, "Listen to me, please. You are strong, Eragon. You're the strongest of us... even though a few of us would never admit it. And while you may not be the most experienced of Riders, you still are a Rider, and a leader. True, you have a lot left to learn, all of us do, but I can promise that you'll learn quickly, and excell at whatever you're taught."

Her smile strengthened a little, a small sign of encouragement for the young man next to her. "We just have to... keep together through all of this... We can't let misfortune and distrust tear us away from each other. Right now, the fate of this empire rests upon our little group. Not simply on you... All right?"

Old 03-04-2005, 11:46 PM   #306
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Eragon smiled just a little bit, "Thanks. You're right, I'm not helping anyone moping around all the time."

<Exactly.>
<I thought you were eating>
<Finished. I'm just going for a swim now>
<A what?!>

Eragon's question was answered with a colossal splash when the sapphire dragon dived out of the sky and into the lake. Saphira snaked in and out of the water, doing spectacular dives and flips. Eragon grinned at Suiahn. "She's a show-off." Saphira stepped out of the lake, shaking the water off her scales and settled herself near Eragon. <I leave you alone for ten minutes and you start flirting with girls.> Eragon nearly whipped his head around, <It's not like that! We were just talking!> Saphira did a sort of chortle in her throat. <I see.> she said in an unconvincing tone. <Saphira...you're only doing this to make me angry.> Eragon said, almost amused. <She's a lovely girl, little one, I'm sure you'll be happy...> <Shut up! I've seen you around Camnete, so you shouldn't talk!> Saphira snapped her jaws, <That's different> she said irritatedly.

Eragon smiled and skipped his rock into the lake. "Thanks, Suiahn." he said, giving her an appreciative smile.

Old 03-05-2005, 12:02 AM   #307
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

"You're welcome I suppose." She said, returning the smile and quickly removing her hand from his shoulder.

<Embarrassed, are we little hatchling?>

Siuahn glanced across the lake to see Nyaki slowly sliding into the cool, refreshing waters, her black head slowly submerging beneath the surface. <No.. Why would I be?> Came the stiff reply.

Laughter rippled gently through her mind. <He is your age, so Saphira tells me... And you two do get along quite well, when you give him the chance...>

<Oh, so you and Saphira are together on this one, is that how it is?>

More laughter as the surface of the water broke, revealing a glistening bronze and black head and neck. Nyaki trotted towards the two Riders, the water surging up on the beach within her wake. <I don't know what you're talking about...>

<It doesn't matter that he's my age. He has more important things on his mind anyway. ...I just thought he needed someone to speak with, after Brom's passing, among everything else.>

<And it was a kind thing for you to do, but was that your entire purpose? Or perhaps did you just want to spend some time getting to know the boy?>

<It... might have had something to do with that...> Siuahn felt her cheeks growing warm as the she-dragon laughed.

OOC: >> << It... Died. x_X

Last edited by Akamai Deredal : 03-07-2005 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:52 AM   #308
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

ic; Banuien approached Eragon timidly. She had exchanged most of her black garments for her old brown-and-green apparel, but her black cloak still hung heavily on her shoulders, all the more burdensome from the weight of the haematite coronet she had been given of Galbatorix that sat in an innermost pocket of the cape. Eragon stood up and gently laid his hand on Banuien's bruised forehead, intending to heal it, but she stayed him, grasping his wrist in her hand. "I overheard some of Galbatorix' plans while I was in the castle," she said uncertainly. "And I do not believe that he was ware of me when I overheard them, nor that he would approve of my knowledge; but you must know that he has spies in the Varden. Of course, as much is expected; but all the more peril lies in their reports: he knows now of the resistance of the Varden against the Empire. He said if it continued he would send his hosts to burn the city."

Banuien now stared intently at Eragorn. She still had hold of his wrist, but she had loosened her grip slightly. She laid one of her long fingers under his eye and let her thoughts echo through his mind: <I feel someone is lost> she drew her finger back into her fist. <Beyond recall. And I cannot see you for who you are without them. It is as though there are pieces of you that are lost.> Her gazed passed from him toward Siuahn. <Like her> she murmured pensively. Her thoughts were as a whisper inside Eragon's head. <How slanderous is grief when it mourns its conduct before the name of its carrier! What injury, do you think, begrudges so the beauty of the fitting? There is nothing natural about either of your sorrows: it is cancerous. I cannot believe that the pain you feel is common. And yet neither of you feels that it is your right to be relived of it. What real wrong have you yet done to deserve it? I know my trespass: I almost let myself believe it just, for a while. But that is my lot. You may keep your strength to recover she whom you have been toiling over these past few days; I have no real need of magick.> She released his arm and turned away, walking slowly toward the elf.

ooc; we had to read romeo & juliet in english, an i'm a-goin crazy!

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 03-20-2005 at 07:53 AM.
Eärloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:14 PM   #309
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

ooc: the Earloth strikes back! Beautiful of course. 'How slanderous is grief when it mourns its conduct before the name of its carrier! What injury, do you think, begrudges so the beauty of the fitting?' Go write a book and get famous.

Oh, and I love Shakespeare I'ma gonna move us along now.

ic: Eragon watched Banuien walk away. It made his heart pang to know that she couldn't remember anything, who she was, her former relationships, Brom. All of that was lost to her, buried too deep for recalling. Eragon eyed the elf again. They had to get her in quick. She was dying, everytime he touched her conciousness it was fading. If anything, she was too beautiful to die. It seemed so much more grevious to watch the elf's life wane, because of her beauty, her valor at being imprisoned, his futile attempts to bring her back.

Eragon strode over to where Raven was gazing across the water, "We need to get inside now–" but before he could finish, the cliffside across the lake shifted, and a crack formed, slowly getting bigger and bigger. A man peeked outside, saw them and let out a cry.
"The Riders have returned! Raven has come back! Come, come, inside with all of you!" he beconed them, and Eragon gave the man and odd look. He was standing on the other side of a lake...

Suddenly the surface of the pool hardened, and became as smooth as glass. He eyed his companions, some of which hardly seemed to notice and just walked across the surface. He quickly strapped the elf onto Saphira's back and followed the others into the gaping hole in the cliff's side.

Once they were all safe across the solid lake, it flowed back together and the cliff entrance closed behind them. Eragon looked around, they seemed to be standing in a cavernous room, all carved out of the stone. The man was short and beaming, "Welcome, welcome! We have been waiting for you, we have had no news of you since we got a message from Lady Banuien when you left Dragonkin Valley." the man said, bowing to Banuien.

"Much has happened." Raven said.
"Indeed. Well, the King wants to see you of course. But I am afraid I will have to leave you in charge of another guide, I have other duties. He will be along in a moment." the man smiled and bowed his way away from them.

ooc: ok, CUE GULIO. I thought this would be ok to introduce your character, and if she doesn't shop up, we can just get some random guy and keep going, lol.

Old 03-21-2005, 06:55 PM   #310
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

ooc: I'm here!! ^^ Okay, enter half-senile old man and his dragon... I've never read Shakespeare, but I've had to do about a zillion notecards on his works in English.

ic: The Riders were here? The news had spread like a wildfire among the, erm, cave. Zifnab was excited, and was even more elated when he discovered he was the one who was to show them around. Not that he would have been far away had another been chosen, but at least this way nasty arguments could be avoided. Had he taken the time to ponder, the old man might have reasoned that his persistence was the reason he was chosen anyway, but his shriveled old mind was whirling far too quickly to consider this.

At first glance, the group of riders didn't seem at all like the mighty heroes described by the gossips, but tales tended to grow in the telling. However, even Zifnab's clouded grey eyes could see the potential in these. Yes, they would become great riders, especially the young man, Eragon. "Ah, haldo there. Pleasure meeting all of you. But you didn't come to see me. If you're ready, I'll take you to the King," he spoke quickly, breathlessly, as he wrung his mouse-brown hat, making a further shambles of the tattered headgear.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 11:08 PM   #311
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Eragon looked at his companions and followed after the man, who seemed eager to meet them and eager to get them to the King. Eragon really had no idea what was going on. He was content with the fact that for now, they were to follow this old man. "It's er...nice to meet you to. I'm Eragon and this is Saphira." he said, nodding over to the dragon who was looking around curiously.

Eragon wasn't really paying much attentiont to where they were, but suddenly it seemed as though there were a lot more people than there had been before. Eventually they had a whole throng of people ambling after them and other staring at them admiringly. It occured to him that they had been waiting for the Riders to return. And here they were. A lot of tatty travelers, some of which were extremely young and unexperienced. The sudden weight of his responsibility nearly made Eragon want to sit down.

Trying to take his mind off everything he turned to Suiahn, who he had become much closer to in the past few days, "Startling, isn't it? This whole city underground? I hope it stays hidden." and yet another wave of stormy darkness covered the young man's brow. Spies in the Varden, prepared to tell Galbatorix everything, and betray the secret city. Eragon again tried his best to think of something happy. <Buck up.> Saphira said, nudging him with her wing. <You've got a lot on your mind, take it easy.> Eragon shrugged, <I'm fine.> Saphira snorted and startled some of the townspeople around her, which startled her in return. She lifted her head up a bit and gave a haughty grunt, surprised and amused at her power over these new people. <Sure you are.> She said.

Eragon eyed his dragon for a moment and then turned back to Suiahn, "It's been really–heavy lately, I just want to bed into a normal bed and get a couple night's good sleep." he said with a smile. They still had to go meet the King, however, and Eragon was reminded of it when they reached the two huge oak doors which were guarded by four men...

Old 03-31-2005, 12:42 AM   #312
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Siuahn smiled slightly at him, nodding as she walked alone beside Eragon. "The Varden has stayed hidden for years, Eragon... I'm sure it will remain as such for many more... There's no sense in worrying yourself silver-haired over it." She elbowed him lightly in the ribs, her grin growing fractionally as they followed the old man.

Looking up at Saphira as the she-dragon grunted, and raised her head high above them. A small smirk played across her lips as her eyes wandered around the tunnels and caverns. The people around them gawked, pointed and whispered about them, and for once it didn't bother the young woman. She felt... almost comfortable.

"Mm... A bed would be nice, now that you mention it." Her voice was hardly heard over the growing rumble of the crowd around them. "Everything moves... too fast for me. I just want to lay down and let it pass me by some days... Maybe, once we meet the King, we can escape for a bit."

Behind Siuahn, Nyaki gave a rough snort, the warm, smoky air wafting past the young woman's ear. <If you want to spend time with him, you would do well in actually asking him.>

<I never said I...> Another snort and a none-too-gentle shove to accompany it. <Fine! I'll ask, I'll ask...>

<Finally.> Content thrumming could be heard emanating from the she-dragon's bronze plated chest, as trundled a few steps behind her Rider. <Siuah... >

Unable to keep the exasperation from her voice, Siuahn sighed, <What now?>

<There are small... children here.>

<Well, yes. What did you expect? There are families here, in these caves. It's safer here than beyond the cliffs.>

<Be that as it may, could you perhaps ask them to remove themselves from my tail? It's quite... irritating.>

Siuahn turned around and let out an abrupt laugh, quickly clamping a hand to her mouth. Several small children and young teens hung from the dragon's tail, all instantly scattering as soon as the Rider had seen them. Many other children did the same, darting away from their perches upon the other dragons, their initial fear and shock having disappeared shortly after realizing that the great winged creatures were not a threat to them.

Here, she felt she could finally relax. They were free. She could laugh, and finally enjoy the company of her companions. Her pale eyes fell upon the massive oak doors, then on the four armored guards standing before it. The sudden elated feeling she had found growing within her chest abruptly burst at the sight, and her face fell. She glanced between Eragon and Banuien, uncertainly looking for some expression from either of them.

OOC: I'm not really sure what teh heck I'm doin'... ^___^ But I had fun, so it's all good. As long as you lot don't kill me for posting so much. ^_^; Sorry... again.

Old 04-01-2005, 12:53 AM   #313
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

ooc: There's nothing to be sorry for! I love your posts, and the whole children thing brought a sense of reality and life to the RP. *huggles Akai*

ic: Zinfab strode proudly down the hall as he led the Riders, glancing behind him every now and then to make sure they were still behind him and some overeager citizens hadn't dragged them off or some such thing. He noted the children's antics with a supressed smile, and wondered where his dragon had wandered off to. He's probably sticking his nose into someone else's business. Oh well, at least he's leaving *me* alone, he thought.

When he and the Riders approached the large, ornate oak door which led to the king's audience chamber, Zifnab stopped. He lifted his chin in a rare moment of dignity and pride, and declared, "the Riders have arrived."

The guards opened the doors, and Zifnab led the group inside. The king sat on his throne at the far end of the rectangular room, and his features brightened visibly when he saw the Riders and their dragons. "The Riders are here," Zifnab announced unnessacarily, yet rather loudly.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 10:10 AM   #314
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

ooc; this'll have to be just a short one, my dad wants me to go to bed soon

ic; As the heavy oaken doors were drawn aside the company cought sight of a immense hall with a high-vaulted arched roof forged from stone. Lines and cracks in the rock ran through the walls like veins; the floors shone and crystal lamps dangled from tall posts on either side of the marble path. At the end of the hall the King sat on a magnificent throne wrought of lapis lazuli , elavated slightly from the level of the cold floor.

He stood as they approached and gave them fair greeting, bowing and speaking to them each in turn, not before thanking Zifnab for their safe deliverance. Banuien had been relieved when he had murmured his welcome to her and moved on, but now, to her great distress, he turned back to her.

"Of course you all must be much tired," he said, "But there is much still that I need to learn of you, Banuien. We cannot discuss all that there is to discuss here, not only owing to the extension of your plight but the limitation of trust between me and present company – with the exception of Zifnab, and various others. You, and your company – for I see they have delivered Lady Arya – must speak to me in private." Banuien looked down, dispairing. She felt as though she were sinking dramatically, and a wave of sickness overcame her. "We have been awaiting your report since you were sent in her stead," continued the King; "for we had been in dire uncertainty of the enemy after she was taken. It is rare information that comes unhindered by the roads by which you both came. But come now: your companions are welcome to rest if they will, but you will have little need for it, I am sure. I do have much to confer with them, but I am most anxious that they should rest first."

ooc; somebody step in and rescue her! i am so tired. goodnight peoples

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!
Old 04-02-2005, 11:50 AM   #315
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Eragon stared around him, they were in a throne room. It was everything he expected it to be, magnificent, royal, intimidating...

King Ajihod seemed to be a very just King, and kind to his guests. Eragon was extremely relieved to hear that they would not be conversing for now, and were being allowed some time to rest. He bowed when spoken to, and offered his thanks for the King's hospitality. As excited as he was to be there, he was nearly just as excited to get to his room.

For once they would be able to rest. He had given over custody of the elf maiden to the healers, and they said they would do their best. "Excuse me, your majesty, Lady Arya?" Eragon asked, a little puzzled. He didn't know of an Arya in their group. Ajihod cocked an eyebrow, "The elf lady that you brought to the Varden." Eragon's eyes widened. He didn't know she was important, he just saved her from the prison, he had no idea she was part of the Varden.

Well, Arya was safe, they were safe. For now. But now is where they were and he would have to settle and put aside his worries. King Ajihod stood, "Zifnab, if you would please escort the Riders to their rooms, I would like to see you all back here after dinner. Thank you." he said, nodding his head.

ooc: okie-day, anyone can pick up from here. Sorry if I rushed us out of there.

Old 04-10-2005, 01:04 PM   #316
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

OOC: I can't believe you people! >.< Letting this poor thread sit here and die for eight whole days! Have you no sense of responsibility or dedication!? I'm outraged! All this little thread ever wanted was someone to love it... -bawls- I'm only going now, because no one else is... even though I don't know what to do...So no one better complain to me about how they never got a chance to write in the throne room x.x

IC: Siuahn bent a stiff knee in a bow along with the others, before straightening up and following them from the throne room. As the doors swung shut behind them, the young woman sighed, her face falling slightly. "All I want to do... is sleep. For the next three days..." She said miserably, rubbing her temples.

Still, a crowd of people greeted them in the streets, still whispering, still gawking and pointing as the Riders and their dragons passed. Behind her, the ground trembled slightly as the dragons trudged along behind their Riders, all grouped together. Siuahn gazed back at them, smiling slightly at the sudden majestic beauty that all of them held, as their heads were held high, regal in their posture. Scales glinted sharply in the torchlight as they walked, the different colors reflected lightly upon the stone walls, dancing as they passed.

<Don't fret, hatchling. Perhaps the boy will have some time when the King has had his time with all of you.>

Siuahn sighed and rolled her eyes. <Nyaki... Would you just leave Eragon out of it? I would have been too busy sleeping to so much as wonder what he was doing, before we're to see King Ajihod again...>

<You continue telling yourself that then, dear. Eventually, you might have both of us believing it...> Nyaki said, her deep thrumming laughter resonating from behind Siuahn.

<Be quiet. If it makes you feel better, I'll talk to him after the King's finished with us... When we might have some time to relax again...>

<Fair enough. Now, what about misstress Banuien? She seems quite... out of her usual state. Perhaps you should talk to her too?>

Looking over at her companions as they trailed slowly behind Zifnab, she noticed Banuien still seemed troubled. <Perhaps I should... But before we're called upon...>

Picking up pace to walk alongside the woman, Siuahn glanced up at her on occasion, waiting for her to acknowledge her presence. She seemed far too preoccupied, and Siuahn finally spoke up. "Banuien? Tell me what's on your mind... please? You have your friend worried." She said gently, her forehead creasing slightly in concern as she gazed up at the woman.

Old 04-11-2005, 08:52 AM   #317
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Banuien raised her eyes hesitantly and gazed despairingly at Siuahn. "There is so much that is familiar," she stuttered; "there is much in the sounds, and in the faces, and in the smell of the caves that I somehow identify with – but in no way can I possibly define what I am supposed to know, what they have needed from me. I know now that I was sent with information for the absence thereof from…" she paused a moment to think of the name she had heard in the hall; "Arya… And I feel I am disappointing them. Because they were dependent on this." Banuien began to tremble, though she was not aware of it. "And there is darkness here," she murmured in a terrified whisper. "It gnaws itself in the shadows of the children. It wreaths itself in light but its malevolence will not be subdued long by need. It is the same darkness which clouds my mind; that which I have forgotten threatened the advance of its power; now I have not the facilities to help these people."

Suddenly Banuien looked at Siuahn sharply. The young woman's face was keen and searching and her light eyes fixed with sternness Banuien thought she almost recognised. "It is here," she murmured, touching Siuahn's forehead. "It was never a part of you but you carry it as a burden upon your mind." Banuien tilted her head to one side. She still appeared to be staring at Siuahn intently, but her eyes were unfocused as if she stared at things beyond Siuahn's face. <Until the dye was washed from your eyes with tears,> she said softly. <I do not have to remember you to know that your bear too much sorrow for your own good.> Banuien removed her fingers from her companion's brow. "But you are kind," she said, "and perhaps it is ungainly that I speak of these things to you now, however I would like to know you again some day." She sighed and drew away, but as she followed Siuahn further down the hall she let her long cold fingers slip into Siuahn's warm hand and grasped it.

ooc; its hard work being mopy

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!
Old 04-11-2005, 03:53 PM   #318
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

WHOOOO!!! I love you two. *coughs* Okay, I'll move us along and maybe we can finally introduce Arya *pokes Val*.

ic: Eragon listened to Banuien and Siuahn's conversation from behind him. It made him sad to think that their friend couldn't remember a single thing about them or who she was. Eragon's legs were aching from walking so much and eating so little. All he wanted to do was get a bite to eat and fall asleep. They passed along the edge of the city in the mountain and were taken to a deep chamber with paved floors and torched walls. They parted with the dragons who took another route to the roost at the peak of the mountain.

Their guide led them into a sort of suite. There was a large sitting room and four bedrooms, he assumed he would be alone. Servants were ordered to bring a meal. Eragon looked around, and stumbled onto one of the sofas. Everyone seemed to be sad, but for now he was in ecstacy at the thought of good, cooked food and a bed that was waiting for him in the other room.

Food was brought in, freshly cooked meats, fruit, wine, bread, everything you could wish for. He didn't bother to look at it all, he just wanted to eat. Halfway through his second glass of wine (which he had rarely had being a farm boy all his life) he glanced over at Suiahn, "So, how are you holding up?" he asked, yawning halfway through his sentance.

Old 04-11-2005, 09:59 PM   #319
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Looking over the rim of her glass, Siuahn flashed Eragon a real, genuine smile, troubled though it was. "I'm all right, I suppose. I'm more concerned about Banuien though..."

Gazing across at her friend, who sat with her chin rested in one hand as she stared with unfocused eyes at the wall. "It's hard knowing that the old friend I thought I'd always have no longer remembers me... She has to relearn everything about me, while I still know nearly everything about her," she sighed, "It's going to take a long time for her to know me again, and she won't be the same as before... she won't have any of the memories I do, Eragon... The most important ones I have with her, she won't ever know exist anymore."

Taking a small sip from her own wine glass, she sighed again, staring down into the glass as her breath disturbed the surface even more. The ripples and words triggered an old memory as she watched the wine's surface.

The wind howled around her young body, whipping her hair around as she sat curled up in defense against the elements. Rain trickled down on her, slowly drenching her tattered clothes.

"Siuahn..."

Raising a tearstained face, she raised her head at the gentle voice, jumping slightly as warm, comforting arms embraced her. Green-blue eyes stared softly into her own pale gray eyes, regarding her with a depth and concern she had not seen since her mother's death. Clenching her eyes shut, she buried her face into the other woman's shoulder, sobbing despairingly and clutching desperately at her own arms, trying to pull her knees closer against her chest.

"He's going to come and find me again, Banuien... He's going to hunt me down and do to me what he did to my mother," sobs chocked her frantic sentences as she felt a slender hand gently rub her back.

"He will do no such thing. You're safer here than you or your mother ever were. Even if he does try to find you, his efforts will be fruitless. You're safe... I'll take care of you..." The woman's gentle voice murured into her ear, embracing her tightly.

"I'm frightened, Banuien... I don't want to die... I want to stay here with you... where I'm safe." She sniffled, drawing the back of her hand across her teary eyes and gazing out at the lake just a few yards from where they sat on its pebbly shore.

"Then you may. Stay as long as you wish... I shall keep you safe as long as I can, and I will teach you how to protect yourself. There's no reason to be frightened... It's over."

"It'll never be over." Siuahn whimpered, sniffling again as she blinked the gradually slowing rain from her eyes.

"It is as good as over as long as you're with me."

Siuahn sighed as Banuien's arm draped across her shoulder in a companionable fashion, the two of them staring out at the lake as the rain ceased. Despite the fact that Banuien was many years beyond Siuahn, the two had become close friends in the few months that the older woman had taken her into her own home. To Siuahn, the elf maiden was not only a companion, but a protector, a new mother figure. One that would not allow her to be left alone, not again.

"Thank you, Banuien..." Siuahn said quietly, a sad smile gracing her features as she looked up at the older woman gratefully. "Thank you for everything..."

Wiping quickly at a faint trace of a tear, Siuahn looked over at Banuien again, to find the woman staring at her now, instead of the wall. "I'd do anything to have her back again, Eragon... I don't care how long it takes for her to know me again, to know who I am. I'd do anything for that woman... Lord knows what she gave up for me..."

OOC: Earloth, I's sorry if I didn't write Banuien's speech right. If it's too out of place for you, let me know, and PM me with a replacement for whatever seems wrong. ( Psst, whatever's in italics, is a memory. ^^; )

Old 04-12-2005, 01:13 AM   #320
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

ooc; nevah! most excellence of speech! now i have a lead. excellent!

ic; Banuien took a fleeting glance at Siuahn, but her gaze was suddenly held. It seemed to her as though she saw something beyond her face, like a jewel winking in deep water. A tear was mounting in her eye but did not fall.

…it'll never be over…

Banuien started. She could not tell why, but the thought enraged her. She thought she caught the scent of limestone and rain. She looked up at Siuahn again and was horrified to see the shadow of a man hunched over her back.

…both of Isaak's hands were clenched about her throat as he stood over her, like a crow hunching over a dying animal. Her face was bloody and bruised, her delicate features running with sweat and tears. Her hair was sticky with blood, and a few frail bones were broken. In his aggravation he picked her up by the neck and forced her against the wall with a long black staff, glaring at her with crazed, bloodshot eyes. He let out a low, rumbling laugh and turned towards the doorway where Banuien stood, her bow drawn.

Banuien gritted her teeth. Vilverin. They had called her Vilverin.

…her mother had not been disturbed since she had fell the night before…there were muffled cries upstairs...

Banuien looked over at Siuahn again. …You will forgive that it seems strange to me that you do not recognise me? You have your grandmother's eyes, and I have not forgotten her… That was weeks before I knew... Yes, the rest of the Nandor called her Vilverin.

"Are you going to kill me, heculo?" he sneered. His voice was menacing and raspy: his throat was etched from alcohol and his breathing heavy and uneven.

"Have I the need?" replied Banuien coldly. Isaak's hand moved towards a dagger at his belt and the elf let fly the shaft. He released his daughter as it pierced his hand, crying out in anger and pain. Siuahn dropped to the floor and coughed, running out from under the shadow of her father. He tore the arrow from his hand and with his uninjured hand wrenched her back toward him by her hair. He drew the dirk from his waistline and struck at the twelve-year-old's chest. Banuien drew her sword and slashed at his shoulder, diverting his arm from Siuahn's heart to her shoulder. The blade plunged into her collar, and the girl collapsed under the weight of the blow. Bent over, Siuahn grasped the handle of the knife and wrenched it from the wound, grasping her shoulder. Enraged that his attempt had been thwarted, Isaak rounded on Banuien, striking the side of her face and breaking her cheekbone. She turned back toward him and hit him as hard as she could in the square centre of his face with her fist. Already in a drunken stupor, he fell backward, breaking a chair as he collapsed on the floor.

Banuien stared at the wall again. "Amillëyra ná maca. Né Atarya. Antas vanima caima," she said aloud. An answering call echoed in her mind. "Yé, Aranel." But they knew already. She had brought them with her to the house.

Banuien turned towards Siuahn. She was quietly sobbing, huddled against the wall and murmuring to herself. After quickly inspecting the wound on her shoulder, Banuien applied a pale green ointment to the gash and bound it with soft cloth. Fearing the affect her condition may have made on her ability to walk, Banuien took Siuahn up in her arms and carried her out of the house…

All this passed in a second, but she could not hold the memory, and in a second it was gone again into oblivion. There was no shadow hanging over Siuahn, and less darkness in the caves than in her mind. One word yet remained in her psyche: Vilverin

ooc; memories? you don't say?

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 04-12-2005 at 09:25 AM.