Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-07-2007, 01:09 PM   #281
Noble Elf Lord
Leaf-Crowned Lord Of Elvenpath

You are most welcome Prince Myshkin. Hope you´ll enjoy discussing here. I`m not homeschooled, that´s not the way in Finland. Do you have any pets? We have a little dog called Muska. She´s pretty lazy and loves to eat and sleep.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:24 PM   #282
Prince Myshkin
Elven Warrior

That's really cool,

yes, I have three rabbits (amazingly sweet including a true albino) and four chickens who lay multicolored eggs lol
So what is the schooling like in Finland? Do you go all year? And this may sound banal, but what's the weather like there now?

Myshkin
Prince Myshkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 02:21 PM   #283
Noble Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Myshkin
yes, I have three rabbits (amazingly sweet including a true albino) and four chickens who lay multicolored eggs lol
So what is the schooling like in Finland? Do you go all year? And this may sound banal, but what's the weather like there now?

Myshkin
Schooling is... well somewhat like this: we start in autumn, then have a holiday of about two weeks during Christmas and soon after the New Year we go back to school and work till somewhere between May and June. Naturally we have little holidays like the easter holiday every now and then. I go to high school and there we begin at 8.50 and the lessons last 75 minutes except the last lessons which last 90 minutes and include a 5-10 minute break. We quit at 3.00.(pm). So it´s 6 hours or 4 lessons. The schedule is flexible though; if you have no lesson, you may for example go shopping as long as you won´t be late from your next lesson. (Not real shopping where I live, just a couple of small markets where one may buy mainly food.) At junior high school they start at 8.00 or 9.00, and quit at 2.00 (pm) or 3.00. The lessons only last 45 minutes, and teachers were mainly late, so make it 40 minutes. The lunch hour for hs is 30 minutes and for jhs 50 It was way too long for me, I got bored if I didn´t have a book to read. You see, I prefer to stay alone, I´m not very social and don´t like people crowding around me. The weather eh? It´s 21.17 pm, and it´s -2 celsius degrees and it´s snowing. Despite the thermometer, my lil´sis says it´s cold. How about you? (I mean what´s the weather like?) And in which country do you live in? Eagerly waiting for answer, yours Noble Elf Lord

Last edited by Noble Elf Lord : 04-07-2007 at 04:39 PM.
Noble Elf Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:04 PM   #284
Prince Myshkin
Elven Warrior

Weelll..

I live in the U.S.it's pretty cool. it's awful the weather that is. right now it's snowing. last week it was really hot, like shorts weather. so the weather bounces like a ball
your class schedule sounds a little like a friend of mines. except for the leaving school part

anyway I'm at work so I have to get off the computer

Myshkin
Prince Myshkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:18 PM   #285
elven dragonrider
Elven Warrior

Location: Confusion Lane, on the back of a dragon, or on horseback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Elf Lord
I should like to visit Egypt too. I´ve been to Australia though. That was great. Tell me, how come you hate computer games? I like them alot, and might play 3 hours a day. Oh right: good luck in studying arabic. I can speak (apart from Finnish and English) Russia and Swedish. Although I hate Swedish... It lacks any common sense and it has more exceptions than rules. Rian, I indeed have a bow of my own, 30 lbs and some 15 arrows, although some are still under construction (I make them myself). The bow is a simple longbow, it doesn´t have any technical gadgets, I prefer to shoot the way they did in the Medieval. Hope you find a place to shoot soon!
Archery is awesome. I like to shoot (when I get to) Medieval style too. Thanks. I would love to go to Australia, did you like it there? I loved Egypt, I have always wanted to go there. uh, computer games. Just not my thing I guess. I have cousin and that is all he ever does, and if you try to get him to do anything else he has a screaming fit. That probably didn't help. I think some languages are like that... what do you think of English? Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I was doing that neverending homework. That sounds like a book title.

Edgar Alan Poe and Oscar Wilde rock. They are actually better than rocks.
Beautiful Soup
and A Tomato Ate My Sister are the most educational and intellectual songs ever created, challenging the scholarly power of the great philosophers.

On TB's sig, Don't worry about the world ending today, tomorrow, or next week, just worry about it ending now.
elven dragonrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:23 PM   #286
elven dragonrider
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Myshkin
I live in the U.S.it's pretty cool. it's awful the weather that is. right now it's snowing. last week it was really hot, like shorts weather. so the weather bounces like a ball
Myshkin
the weather here is awful... last week it was in the 90's and this week it was snowing. And it NEVER snows here. EVER. Like this is the first time I have ever seen it here actually coming and landing on the ground ever. I have seen it in Colorado, and some in Canada, but that is it. Oh, and once in June about 80 miles from where I live. You are pobably thinking yeah right, you just said it never snows. That is what all the people I know said too. Even my dad didn't believe us until I showed him pictures of us having slosh fights. (It didn't deserve the title of snow ball, or slush, but slosh sounded good )
Ranting away like usual.

Beautiful Soup
and A Tomato Ate My Sister are the most educational and intellectual songs ever created, challenging the scholarly power of the great philosophers.

On TB's sig, Don't worry about the world ending today, tomorrow, or next week, just worry about it ending now.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:27 PM   #287
elven dragonrider
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Schooling is... well somewhat like this: we start in autumn, then have a holiday of about two weeks during Christmas and soon after the New Year we go back to school and work till somewhere between May and June. Naturally we have little holidays like the easter holiday every now and then. I go to high school and there we begin at 8.50 and the lessons last 75 minutes except the last lessons which last 90 minutes and include a 5-10 minute break. We quit at 3.00.(pm). So it´s 6 hours or 4 lessons. The schedule is flexible though; if you have no lesson, you may for example go shopping as long as you won´t be late from your next lesson. (Not real shopping where I live, just a couple of small markets where one may buy mainly food.) At junior high school they start at 8.00 or 9.00, and quit at 2.00 (pm) or 3.00. The lessons only last 45 minutes, and teachers were mainly late, so make it 40 minutes. The lunch hour for hs is 30 minutes and for jhs 50 It was way too long for me, I got bored if I didn´t have a book to read. You see, I prefer to stay alone, I´m not very social and don´t like people crowding around me. The weather eh? It´s 21.17 pm, and it´s -2 celsius degrees and it´s snowing. Despite the thermometer, my lil´sis says it´s cold. How about you? (I mean what´s the weather like?) And in which country do you live in? Eagerly waiting for answer, yours Noble Elf Lord
I loke your school schedule! I am homeschooled right now, but we used to have classes from 7.30 to 4 o'clock. (That is one of the reasons I left) Each lesson was about an hour. The weather sounds interesting, I like cold.

Beautiful Soup

Old 04-08-2007, 10:26 AM   #288
Noble Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by elven dragonrider
Archery is awesome. I like to shoot (when I get to) Medieval style too. Thanks. I would love to go to Australia, did you like it there? I loved Egypt, I have always wanted to go there. uh, computer games. Just not my thing I guess. I have cousin and that is all he ever does, and if you try to get him to do anything else he has a screaming fit. That probably didn't help. I think some languages are like that... what do you think of English? Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I was doing that neverending homework. That sounds like a book title.
Australia was awesome. Did you know that emus are smart birds? We were to climb a crater mountain, and there were car parks before the climb. When we were about to start climbing, an emu "parked" itself neatly in the middle of the parking spot and sat down. Suppose they´ll be taking over Australia anytime soon. I think English is fascinating, probably because I´m so good at it. And I´m unbelievably lucky when it comes to learning new words: if I meet an unknown word, mostly I don´t have to use a dictionary to find out it´s meaning, I just see it ready somewhere, and the words are also, shall we say, burnt or tattooed in my memory. My vocabulary is certainly the largest of my class. I didn´t read at all to my last English exam, and the different parts of it were like 10, 9, 10, 9... By the way, have you heard of this Finnish band called The Rasmus? I think they´re great.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:10 PM   #289
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
I should like to visit Egypt too. I´ve been to Australia though. That was great. Tell me, how come you hate computer games? I like them alot, and might play 3 hours a day. Oh right: good luck in studying arabic. I can speak (apart from Finnish and English) Russia and Swedish.
Ah, vy govoritye pa-rooski?

(I always improvise when transliterating )

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:35 PM   #290
Noble Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaimir Windgem
Ah, vy govoritye pa-rooski?

(I always improvise when transliterating )
Da, Ja govorju po-ruskii. (I tried to make it sound as right as possible.) A Ty?
Old 04-10-2007, 04:55 PM   #291
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Ja malo govorju. Ja zhil v Peterburgye, v Ufye, i v Murmanskye.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:29 AM   #292
Noble Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaimir Windgem
Ja malo govorju. Ja zhil v Peterburgye, v Ufye, i v Murmanskye.
Yes, my vocabulary isn´t so great either, not to mention the grammar... I know something though
Old 04-13-2007, 08:05 AM   #293
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

Hello everybody, i'm back from my holiday!
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
jammi567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:18 AM   #294
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Welcome back, jammi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammi567
Hello everybody, i'm back from my holiday!
How was it?
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:04 AM   #295
Noble Elf Lord

Yep, was it nice? Where were you, if I may ask?
Old 04-13-2007, 11:01 AM   #296
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

I went to Tenerife.

It was okay on some bits, and brilliant on other's, so i guess it kind of balances out. On the first day after we arrived (it was too late on the day we arrived to do anything other then have something to eat), we explored a local town (Los Christianos) all morning, and not really getting anywhere. On the Sunday, we went up Mt Teidi in the car. The views you can get of the island are amazing, but only when the cloud surrounding the top of the mountain disappears (pictures: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Teide_Tenerife3.jpg and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:T...-_from_air.jpg. On the Monday, we went down to a local port, and i had a boat trip to this cove area, and explored underwater using this personal submerine thing (pictures: http://www.bob-diving.com/photos.htm). On the Tuesday, we went upto these pyramids (picture: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Guimar_1.jpg), and explored the mysteries on how there could be pyrimids on the same shape and design on Tenerife (where i went), Egypt, the Middle East and the Americas. On the Wednesday, we didn't do anything as my mum and dad had to go to this conference thing, which took up most of the day. And finally, yesterday, we went to Loro Parque (no english translation, that is there name), and had a fun time there to make up for the day before. So all in all, it was quite good.
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
jammi567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:10 PM   #297
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Rian, I indeed have a bow of my own, 30 lbs and some 15 arrows, although some are still under construction (I make them myself). The bow is a simple longbow, it doesn´t have any technical gadgets, I prefer to shoot the way they did in the Medieval. Hope you find a place to shoot soon!
Thanks, so do I!

I dislike the technical stuff, too - I can't stand the look of compound bows. Wow, you make your own arrows - I'm impressed!!! Shaft, fletching and all? Wow! My bow is 22 lbs - I have wimpy arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by elven dragonrider
Archery is awesome. I like to shoot (when I get to) Medieval style too.
Yay, another archer!! (BTW, what do you like to go by "for short" - EDR or something?)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 04-13-2007 at 12:12 PM.
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:00 PM   #298
Noble Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Thanks, so do I!

I dislike the technical stuff, too - I can't stand the look of compound bows. Wow, you make your own arrows - I'm impressed!!! Shaft, fletching and all? Wow! My bow is 22 lbs - I have wimpy arms
This is how I do my arrows: I buy shafts, thorns, feathers (is that their real name?) and the preforms from a special shop and glue them at home. I have that feather - gluing - machine, it´s great help - feathers are placed exactly one third - of a circle from each other. My teacher was a woman who had a 28 lbs bow, the "technical stuff" though. But she taught me all about the techniques of archery - except my way of aiming, in which I find a spot with the tip of my arrow and before letting it go, place the tip onto that spot. It works, few days ago I was shooting in our backyard from some 18 metres (sorry don´t know how many feet that is) and, shooting 6 arrows in a row my best result was 50 and worst 43. I´ve also gotten swifter at shooting.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:46 PM   #299
Lord of the Mark
Hobbit

I love Archery, but alas my backyard is to small to practice it in, and I don't have a good bow, and my arrows are broken
Lord of the Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:54 PM   #300
Noble Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Mark
I love Archery, but alas my backyard is to small to practice it in, and I don't have a good bow, and my arrows are broken
Oh bother. Cheer up! Try drawing for a change of pace.