Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2004, 04:38 PM   #281
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I do like it, but I don't think Ron will ask her... I liked the idea that they realize that they should be together only at the prom, when thery meet there. With other friends. 'You understand? I think I'm a bit unclear.

Dobby did attack Malofy, but he succeeded only because Malfoy was not allowed to use his magic against the house elf. I think, generally, that wizards are much more powerful.. I think most magical creatures are more powerful than House Elves.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 04:56 PM   #282
azalea
Long lost mooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizra
Ok, so back to Rad's chapters.....

21....so this is all Quiditch, and how Harry suffers a real defeat...realizing he is all too "human" sometimes. He could probably have some sad thoughts about Sirius here, and maybe some "guilt" about his death (?)
Perhaps Blaise could say a few kind things to Harry.....
This is good
Quote:
22....The Spring prom ....so Harry asks Ginny...cool!, I'm still not "right" with Hermione and Justin, no way ! Why not have Ron get the balls to ask her? He should be feeling pretty "manly" by now! Who will Blaise go with? Neville? nah.... another Gryffindor? NOT Malfoy!
I like Ron asking her -- but if people aren't ready for the real romance yet, why not make the date a total disaster? That would be funny, and not "resolve" this storyline, but will take us a little closer to its conclusion.

Quote:
23...Ok this need good debate. MOM...have we talked about MOM yet? who is the head of MOM in this book?
So MOM conducts an investigation, and succeeds in only underscoring everyone's fear (because they come up with no answers) that Voldemort is gaining more control over the wizarding world. We could have our trio of students (Harry Ron and Hermione) really discussing this, and getting close to the climax solution with their ideas. The port key could perhaps be a certain book in the library that would attract muggleborns for some strange reason. Using the 2 way mirrors that Hermione retsored might be discussed, for just finding the muggleborns isn't enough, the trio wants to expose the new DE headquarters.
This sounds good. I also like the idea someone had earlier of Hermi having her mirror and getting portkeyed, thus allowing R&H to find her, along with whoever else (Neville, Luna, Chaudry, etc.)

Quote:
24....I'd rather tie up some loose ends here...Chaudry and/or the heir of Gryffindor, perhaps doing something to promote good inter-house relations, dragging a reluctant Snape into a show of goodwill and camaraderie (the good inter-house and inter-species relations is actually the best defense against Voldemort ),
or......(and this could just become another chapter) something that hints at the upcoming species war. Grawp could leave his brother Hagrid at this time, and set up a very small outpost of giants who want to aid OoTP...(?) and/or there could be some sort of SPEW breakthrough (probably due to Chaudry's eastern philosopy influence), but a few renegade house elves (Winky! ) go berserk and do some "out of control" house elf magic, freaking out the witch/wizard world. There could be some fear (fanned by the Daily Prophet) that the house elves might go to the aid of Voldemort, unless some concessions are quickly made to the House elves. MOM could step in to consider this new problem.
These ideas are good. FYI, I had it in my mind that both Chaudry and Lenny (j/k, but he doesn't have a name yet) Gryffindor are on the side of good. My thought was that Gryffindor isn't a central player in the main war (kind of like Dumbledore, excluding book 5), but is important in his personal relationship with Harry and helping him with his dreams, info gathering, etc. He is not a HWarts teacher, but is kind of like a teacher to Harry in his personal life whilst he does the stuff he is there to do that Ddore had requested (how's that for a convoluted sentence? ). This is how Harry learns more about his role in defeating LV. I guess.
Chaudry I had in mind as someone who is not to become a central figure, but a Luna-type; has a peripheral role, but is a likeable character. He is kind of at odds with the other teachers due to his methods, etc., but is still a good guy.
He could be involved with the rescue. The only thing is that JK said that the next DADA teacher will be there for both books, so I don't think he'll die in this one, but will in the next one.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 02:21 AM   #283
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

I agree with RtB with the prom. It will be better if it happens there. I don't think he will ask her because of what happened last time.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 08:07 PM   #284
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
Are you thinking of making Ron ask Hermione out at some sort of wizard prom? Then good, you're doing something I think JKR has actually planned for the next book. Please also keep in mind that there is going to be a new Minister of Magic and it's not Dumbldore! JKR hasn't (to my knowledge) said this but she won't do it. It goes everyhting she's said in every other book. And before...earlier in the "predictions" you were discussing a Blaise Zabini, I believe. She was in the first book. Go and read the sorting again in the first book and I do hope that after that you'll change what you had about her(if you hadn't already). Remember the centaurs!!!!!!!!!!! What's happening with them? Who's teaching divination??? Has Trelawny been allowed to teach again? Is Frienze still at the school? What happened to Umbridge? What's happening at the Ministry of Magic? Where is divination being taught? Someone will die. An important character JKR had already said that the fifth book was just the begining so I'd like to know who and how and where. How many of the Order have they lost and/or gained? How has Harry and Snape's relationship changed? It'll have had to. There's only so much you can see and know about a person before you act differently around them. And don't take that to mean I think Snape will be nice, because I don't, but there relationship will have changed. I have no comment on Dobby attacking Malfoy because nothing I say will express how I truly feel about that and if it did it would deeply insult whoever came up with that. Just know that you have destroyed Dobby's character and he's lost his innocence. I don't know how the rest of you feel but I do know that Lizra wanted to right this as an actual book. No offense meant but if you plan to that then do it correctly.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 10:58 PM   #285
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Hey, Fimbrethil, if you're not going to be on here, please don't say anything at all. Since you've upped and quit on us, I don't see why you're trying to interfere with us. This is what we're doing and now you don't have any baring on it so you can just take yourself away. If you're mad about how we're doing it, that's your problem and there's two solutions that at least I will be happy with. (1) Rejoin us, or (2) Leave and never come back, and if you're truly unhappy with us, then you can just not read this at all. And since you seem to have no intention of rejoining us, I think you should just leave before I get even angrier with you, and if you can't tell, I'm pretty angry already. And we're not trying to write JKR's book for her. This is purely coming from our imaginations, which means there is no 'corrert' way to do it. That stuff about doing it correctly was utter BS, if you ask me. Obviously you're not happy about what we're doing, but hey, guess what, you can't please everyone. Even JKR has fans who don't like everything she does. For example, me. So please, keep your opinions to yourself if you're not going to be of any help. I would say I'm sorry about sounding like this, but really, I'm not.
Now I'd like to adress some of what you said: the new MoM. We never said it would be Dumbledore. If anyone here said it would be, I'd go off on a long rant about how it shouldn't be him. Not that he wouldn't be a good MoM, but first of all, he'd never agree to it, and secondly, even though we're not trying to make this exactly like the 6th book will be, I know JKR woudn't do it, and that's one thing I'm going to agree with her about.
Blaise Zabini. All we know about her (And it has been confirmed that it's actually a he, but see? we're stil keeping it as a girl. Or at least, I'm assuming we are.) is that she's a Slytherin. And in Harry's year. That is all we know. And considering that we established our Blaise character with that as a very important fact, I don't see why we would change that.
Centaurs. I admit, we should have thought about this. So see? I am admiting that you can be right about something.
Divination. I think that Dumbledore will keep her on at Hogwarts, even if she's not teaching. And I think that Firenze will continue teaching. But that's just me. Besides, I don't think this really matters, as didn't we say that Harry would not be taking Divination?
Umbridge. Haven't thought about it, I admit. Personally, I think she'll be sent to Azkanabn or at least punished. Even though Azkaban isn't exaclty safe....maybe the new MoM will fix that and find a better prison. She did use an Unforgivable, and that's a life sentance.
People dying. Hadn't we established that there are a lot of attacks now, and therefore, lots of people dying? Also, about the Order. Didn't we say that there were several new recruits? But yes, people are also dying. I thought we said that Dung would die sometime throughout the book. But there should be more than that, too. And I haven't thought about a main character dying, but I think it'll be Ron. Now, as we are not trying to make this canon, we might not do that.
Snape. We're had arguements about this, so don't say we didn't do anything about it. Now, I don't remember if we ever resolved anything....did we?
Dobby. Now, I don't think that house-elves would be powerful enough, and I know I didn't say anything about that, and I'm sorry. And, quite frankly, when you say Dobby'd 'lost his innocence', he was a bloody idiot in my opinion and had to come down to Earth sometime. Besides, haven't enough people in these books lost their innocence already?
Sorry about the long rant, but your long rant made me agnry, just read the first paragraph again if you somehow forgot why, and I needed to make my feelings known. I don't like you interferring if you've supposedly quit on us. And there is no correct way to do it, as I belive I've already said.
Oh, and about Lizra. She may have wanted it like a book, but you'll notice that (1) she hasn't complaied about it and even if she doesn't like it, (2) she's trying to fix it. Unlike some people I could mention, who just walk away without any warning yet try to interfere anyway.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean

Last edited by sirigorn : 09-09-2004 at 11:02 PM.
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 02:25 AM   #286
Telcontar_Dunedain

I agree with Siri.

Umbridge didn't use an Unforgiveable but she was going to before Hermione said that she will show her where the weapon is.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 09-10-2004, 08:44 AM   #287
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Eh, people calm down.

Must say I agree with Sirigron about most things - but I do think we must keep it correct, to what Rowling already wrote in the other 5 books. After all, that was the target of the thread in the first place.
I also have no problem with you Fim, and no problem that you make comments about our chapters. I think it actually helps us, and I can't understand why you, (Sirigron) are so angry. Or didn't I understand her post?
Old 09-10-2004, 12:55 PM   #288
Telcontar_Dunedain

No but Fim has decided to leave and then chips in with things that we should/shouldn't do. If Fim wants to re join then that is great, but if not then just leave it to us.

Old 09-10-2004, 01:00 PM   #289
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I think Siri objects to Fims "attitude" . Instead of discussing things calmly and pleasantly, she seems to enjoy ridiculing others, like when she asked if you'd (RtB) read the 5th book, and also told TD to proofread his posts. If Fim can't discuss things pleasantly, I imagine I'll just ignore her posts.

Last edited by Lizra : 09-10-2004 at 01:01 PM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 03:30 PM   #290
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I remember.

I do think, though, that she still don't have to join if she wants to add comments. Just to change her attitude, as you say it. She has good points sometimes, though.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:32 PM   #291
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Yeah...I don't really know why I was so angry, I just blew up...I think it's a combination of the fact that she didn't try to help us fix it, she just said it was horrible and left, and her attitude, like she's apparently abandonded us and then she just comes back and yells at us. Like Rad, I wouldn't have any problems with her, but like Lizra said, it's the attitude. I mean, I wouldn't mind so much if she didn't say stuff like that we're ruining it and 'if you plan to do it then do it correctly'... I think it would be wonderful if she put in some constructive critism that was not rude.
Oh, and about what you said, Rad. About the keeping it correct with the other books. Of course we're going to do that, I wouldn't be happy if we didn't. We're trying to keep this more or less canon, aren't we? If it sounded like I meant that we would change the first books or whatever you thought, that's not what I meant at all.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean

Last edited by sirigorn : 09-10-2004 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-11-2004, 03:16 AM   #292
Telcontar_Dunedain

Lets go back to the topic now because slating Fim is getting old now!

Old 09-11-2004, 04:44 PM   #293
Fimbrethil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimbrethil
Did you read the fifth book? Sirius says "Well,after we clean it up this is perfect my Dad had all sorts of charms and spells on this place, and with what Dumbldores added it's almost as safe as Hogwarts." Or somthing extremely close to that.

Tel dear you really need to proof read your posts. I can't make heads or tails of half of them. I do however agree that the Riddle Manor is much to obvious as Dumbldore would have likly sent people there asap after Harry came back at the end of the fourth book.

By the way Siri I'm a girl not a guy. And I'm not making this regular but as I seem to actually remember most of the book I decided to save you some time.
Well, no one really seemed to mind about this post. Is one post ok but two taboo? And when I asked Radagast if he had read the fifth book there was(as you can see) nothing written there that would make it seem as though I was being condesending or rude or mean or whatever you want to call it. And I did that on purpose because I did not mean it any of those ways. Funny though, becasue Radagast didn't seem to get to angry until you pointed it out Sirigorn. Rad didn't seem angery when he posted...slightly miffed I think(correct me if I'm wrong) but I do apologize for any misunderstanding on that matter Rad. And as for me asking Tel to proof read his posts, well, that is when I was still helping do the chapters properly and none of you can tell me that you didn't have trouble reading his posts as almost all of you asked about sevral of them.
I did not say it was horrible and just leave, I said why it was horrible and just left. But if you read the very first sentence then you will also notice that I agree with some of the stuff you're doing. I just only posted about one thing.
Centaurs. I admit, we should have thought about this. So see? I am admiting that you can be right about something I'm right about many other things but I don't see how that has anyhitng to do with anything. If yo uask me you're just like every other person at my school. When they say somthing stupid(and I'm not saying that any one has) and I correct them and they cannot succesfully refute me(as they often can't because most people in my school are stupid idiots) they play the petty insult game. And that is what you have done. As for Divination, Harry can't drop any of his courses. If,for his core classes(i.e. Potions), he didn't score well enough on the test then he wouldn't be allowed to go further in that subject. And Umbridge never actually did the Unforgivable. Again, please reread the book if youcna't remember it(you are proving my points thank you Sirigorn). As for the lots of attacks, you got students disappearing, and you say attacks? And the Snape thing was never resolved, that post just seemed like a good place to throw that in. House Elves are very powerful. They just have different magic from witches and wizrads, I believe this is mentioned somewhere in book two...or was it five, well as I'm in the process of rereading the books I'll soon be able to tell you. And the fact that Dobby disappertated(sp?) inside of Hogwarts ought to clue you in on the fact that they are powerful. How does being trapped inside a house and never experiencing the real world and so never being able to gain the knowledge needed to live outside of said house qualify one for idiocy? And when you say Besides, haven't enough people in these books lost their innocence already? Aren't you just backign up what I said about Dobby losing his innocence?
Sorry about the long rant but your long rant made me angery. And I would say I'm sorry about sounding like this but really I'm not.
I will be randomly adding my two cents and as the things I say sometimes are wrongly construed as being rude by some people I will be making my posts as bland as possible. I thought that oyu were still trying to "right a book" and as I feel that there is a correct and an incorrect way of going about that I will not aplogize for that comment and I may still insert that comment sometimes you can get angery or you can ignore it.
Agian I apologize if my posts were misconstrued. And by the way I never said you were plaining on making the MOM Dumbldore I only said that it wasn't going to be and gave you the reasons why. I'm very glad you agree with me on this matter Sirigorn. I didn't mena for any of my post (except for the correctly part) to be rude. Reread it and see

Last edited by Fimbrethil : 09-11-2004 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-11-2004, 04:52 PM   #294
Telcontar_Dunedain

Can we just get on with this now and stop having a arguing match please!

Didn't Dobby lose his innocence ni the second book when he attacked Malfoy?

Last edited by Telcontar_Dunedain : 09-11-2004 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:06 PM   #295
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimbrethil
Well, no one really seemed to mind about this post. Is one post ok but two taboo? And when I asked Radagast if he had read the fifth book there was(as you can see) nothing written there that would make it seem as though I was being condesending or rude or mean or whatever you want to call it. And I did that on purpose because I did not mean it any of those ways. Funny though, becasue Radagast didn't seem to get to angry until you pointed it out Sirigorn. Rad didn't seem angery when he posted...slightly miffed I think(correct me if I'm wrong) but I do apologize for any misunderstanding on that matter Rad.
I was angry, by the way, but didn't have time to reply as I hurried to school, made a quick response and a rolleye ( ) smilie. Which means a lot, as I'm trying not to use it, people find it offensive sometimes.

I'll later reply about your other comments. I agree with some, and disagree with others. I don't have time now either.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:55 PM   #296
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Tel, much as I would like to not have a shouting match anymore, we really should resolve this before we move on. And I won't shout anymore. I'm not angry now.

And Fim, looking back on what I said, I am sorry. I really am. Like I said before, I don't really know why I got angry. I just did. I think it might have been partly pms... I know I was rude too, more rude than you were, much more. Oh, and it did seem ruder than you say. Maybe you didn't mean it, but it felt that way to me. Maybe you should put in ways to fix our problems instead of just complaining about them.

I was a little irritated by the first post you made after you left, I just wasn't angry enough to mention it. When you said Then good, you're doing something I think JKR has actually planned for the next book. , I dunno, but that sounded like you felt that we actually did that and it was a big event that we were doing something that she'll probly do. If yo uask me you're just like every other person at my school. When they say somthing stupid(and I'm not saying that any one has) and I correct them and they cannot succesfully refute me(as they often can't because most people in my school are stupid idiots) they play the petty insult game. And that is what you have done.I know I shouldn't have said that. I'm not normally like that I just got really pissed.... I went back and looked, you're right, Umbridge didn't actaully do the Cruciatus. But she did say "Cruc-" which I believe should still get a life sentance. The only reason she didn't do it was that that was when Hermione began her act that she was telling her what they were doing, though of course, she was just acting. When I said there were lots of attacks, I meant besides the muggleborns disappearing. Attacks on muggles and muggleborns and muggle-lovers and people opposing them not in Hogwarts, and killing, not kidnapping them. I thought I made that pretty clear.
Okay, you've proved me wrong about Dobby. House-Elves are powerful. And maybe idiocy was the wrong word, but I just have a strong disliking for him, so that's pretty much why I said that.
Could you please explain what you mean by there being a correct way to write a book? Since you said that, I'm confused....
But why would you have mentioned that the MoM wouldn't be Dumbledore? Obviously, you thought that we might make him the MoM or you wouldn't have said it.

Once again, I'm sorry for blowing up at you, and I believe that you don't mean to be rude, but I sometimes feel like you are, even if you don't mean to be. Maybe I read too much into it. I'll try to stop that.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 09-12-2004, 02:57 AM   #297
Telcontar_Dunedain

Are we all sorted then? Can we get on with the predictions?

Old 09-12-2004, 08:43 PM   #298
Fimbrethil

Sweety I havn't posted yet and apologized. Be pateint(sp?) it won't kill you to wait one more post.

Sirigorn I went back and reread my post and I realized maybe to other people who don't me as well as my friends do a lot of stuff I say can be taken as rude and sarcastic when I don't mean it to. The thing is, is I'm just sarcastic by nature. (I get it from my dad and we clash all the time because of it.) I apologize in advance for anything more I might say that is taken the wrong way and I also apologize to Sirigorn for my earlier post because I played the petty insult game too. To the pms thing....I think that's what my post was all about, because I can't it was as long as it was and I just ranted for that long.
What I mean about doing it correctly is JKR has already written these books, she already has a set way she does stuff and there is a correct and incorrect way to go about writing the sequel. Maybe I was misunderstood, did you think I was just talking about this one book? I ment them all as a whole, because if you change this one you have to change them all. Make anymore sense?
About Umbridge, she'll probably end up in St. Mungos. You know the ward Neville's parents are in? That one, the centaurs did something to her and she was mental at the end of the last book. Maybe she snapped out of it? You decide. I'm still just giving advice, not deciding anyhting.
I did think that maybe some of you would like to make him the MOM, and as this is fanfic and fanfic is usually run by what the fan wants to happen...well, I geuss I didn't give all of you much credit. Sorry.
And Radagast, I'm sorry I amde oyu angery. Honestly I didn't mean to. It just really surprised me that you didn't remember that, because it was ina part of the book where I figured it would get the most notice and then everyone forgot it. Sorry guys.

Old 09-12-2004, 09:08 PM   #299
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

This is getting too complicated and unfun. Somebody else can sort it all out and print up the chapters!
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 10:42 PM   #300
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Oh, that's right....I forgot that Umbridge went mental or whatever. So yeah, I think she should be in St. Mungos. Actually I think she might have been touched in the head before that....but whatever it is, she'll still be in St. Mungos. I forgot about that...
This is a fanfic, but I'm trying to keep it somewhat like the books at least. I'm afraid I still don't entirely get what you mean about the correct way to go about writing it and changing it. You mean that if we change something from canon, that would be incorrect? I agree with that. I don't think we should change canon and if I do, I honestly don't mean to. I don't remember everything...
You're forgiven, Fim. I think I really did overreact.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD