Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-25-2004, 04:31 PM   #281
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
"Here's my plan for the moment - we camp nearby tonight, and then go back to Dunharrow before the sun rises. Celebreg, you said our hooded friend would be trapped overnight? Why do you think that? I almost want to go back for him now. We're only just out of sight of Dunharrow."
Celebreg responded, "Well, the henchmen he urged to attack us were all locals. I suspect he came here alone, and with money to hire some ruffians for such a purpose. He'll have to wait until morning if he wants to buy a horse - and even THAT may be tricky to do up here. But he has three options for leaving town, as I see it; To walk out, for which I think he would surely wait for daylight - and which I doubt he would attempt - he'd have a long way to go, I'd wager. Next, he could steal a horse, which he might do tonight, but then he has to choose between riding through half of Rohan on one of their stolen horses - or taking the 'Paths of the Dead' south from Dunharrow - through the mountains... and neither of THOSE could seem an appealing option. His best bet, I'd say, is to take the money he won't have to pay his hired men - and spend it on a new horse... thanks to the quick-thinking of these two youngsters."

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 05:34 PM   #282
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

"I see," said Farkad, "Well in that case, why don't we camp near here tonight and go after him early tomorrow morning?"
"We can show you a good campsite," said the boy.
"Lead on friends," said Farkad. The orphans dismounted and started leading their horse off the road. Farkad and Celebreg followed suit.
"We also haven't been formally introduced," said Farkad as they walked. "I am Farkad Nyall of Harad, in the company of Akkar Anagrim," he said, bowing politely to his companions.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 09:47 PM   #283
Amea
Elven Warrior

Picalo: There is no need to carry me any more Akkar, I can fly now, Leaps out of akkar's hands and flies around his head once or twice before she wraped around his neck.* I fell much better now. I have been tired from spying and what not... Oh wait uh um... never mind.... Anyway you had a few questions for me? about my master Devak no doubt I will tell you what you wish but... I will tell you alone...

*devak laughs crazily*
Blue: Oh boy, She's cracked, She's gone nuts, Devak, Devak get a grip.
*Devak grabs blue by the throat*
Blue: Good grip
Duh! I've got markers!!!! :P
Amea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:01 PM   #284
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: It was Hamish who offered to carry you, but we can change that - no worries. Hmm... what should the capital city be called? To the discussion thread!

"Oh, I'm glad you're flying Picalo," Akkar said. He blushed slightly at Picalo's personal touch, but you couldn't notice on his dark skin. "I have some important questions: where is Devak being held? Is it inside the capital, or somewhere else? Can you describe it? How many people guard her? I don't mean to badger you, but we need to know these details. Three days away... We will rescue her," Akkar said, as he moved his horse away from the group, Picalo now sitting comfortably on his shoulder.

EDIT:
I added that Akkar moved away from the group because Picalo said she wanted to talk to him alone.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-25-2004 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:32 PM   #285
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC: Did anyone notise I stole the bags and hid them in a tree? Oh well.

IC:
Callinya tired of her game and brought the bags. She heard Picalo talking and listened intently.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 05:39 AM   #286
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

Ive been missing this thread. Hope no ones forgotten about it. . Id post something no but im in school. And i cant do it tonight because its my birthday! PARTAY!

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 07:09 PM   #287
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

ooc: for anyone who hasn't been reading the discussione thread,
me nurv and val decided it was more logical that my character
was not lord of lebennin, but captain of lebennin.
lord is my elder brother, and my younger brother is the one i
am looking for in harad. can't be bothered to go back and change all my posts right now, so we can tale it as read from here
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 01:03 AM   #288
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

"Ho! Faligorn, Akkar, Callinya, we're here!"
"Wow... you live here?"
"Yes. Now, please come inside. I have a word or two for my steward." I drew a short staff[for conking people on the head! ] and showed it to the gatewarden.
"So Arluth, you have returned?"
"Not for long, Laythei. I have a short speech to deliver. Please tell the organizer to call a council in the lawn and after that arrange for a speech please. Very informal."
"Yes sir."
The party walked through the gates and passed into a large tree, with few branches. The inns they had stayed at could have been multiplied three fold[including the yards & stables(sounds like Barns & Noble...)]

OOC: Write more later...

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 07:42 PM   #289
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

ic: 'wow!', said faligorn, 'this is one of the most beautiful places i have ever seen. are the trees that form your dwellings actually living? if i had not seen it for myself, i could never believe i would see such an amazing and outstanding sight!'
he then knelt before Jan, and stood, before saying 'you have my honour, and, whether you will or no, i hold you in as much esteem as my liege-lord, the High King, Elessar, of the house of Telcontar, He who strides, the strider.'

ooc: sorry to say something so stupid!
no one else seems to be saying anything...
Old 04-07-2004, 09:55 PM   #290
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Akkar was more shy than the bold captain of Lebennin, but he was amazed at this beautiful forest.

They were several days ride from the capital, and yet this forest was as unlike the desert of his homeland as he could imagine! He thought about the terrain they had been travelling through.

"This forest is indeed beautiful Jan," said Akkar. "Tell me more about it, what kind of trees are those? How tall can they grow? I've never seen anything like it before."

OOC: Let's say that we go over some mountains after the forest, and that the capital is in a rain shadow, that would explain the difference in rainfall.
Quote:
Old 04-08-2004, 09:43 AM   #291
Amea
Elven Warrior

*meanwhile back in harad*
*devak curled up in the corner and she was trying to break the wall* Anocksoonamean, It still isn't working... *she stared at her hands in defeat* not a drop of magic left
OC: With out magic, Devak will die
IC:
Devak: Where are they? *she looked out the tiny bared window as she raised her voice in song*
Bids flying high
In search of a clear blue sky
While they're chopping down the trees below them
come take a stand
And help us save the land
Let's go out and try to make it better
And maybe we can make the world a whole lot brighter
we can make the load a little lighter
everyone has to try together
Don't you know it's now or never
Medows once green
are few and far between
and the rivers might run brown tomarrow
maybe we can make the world a whole lot brighter
Orc:P Shutup inthere!!!!!!
Devak: maybe we can make the world a whole lot brighter
*the orc gets close to the cell that devaks in and he smacks her with the broad end of his sword, devak falls to the floor*
Devak: I hope my message gets to them
*meanwhile back at the group*
*the flowing music that devak sang falls on to Akkar's and Faligorn's ears*

*devak laughs crazily*
Blue: Oh boy, She's cracked, She's gone nuts, Devak, Devak get a grip.
*Devak grabs blue by the throat*
Blue: Good grip
Duh! I've got markers!!!! :P
Amea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 10:14 AM   #292
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

'what was that?' asked faligorn, as devak's song flows through his head
'you heard it also, did you not, Akkar?', he asked, when he noticed the puzzled expression on akkar's face
'i believe it was devak, she is in dire trouble, and we must be swift!' turning to his messenger, ninphal, he went on:
'ninphal, ride swiftly to Linhir, the river capital of Lebennin, summon the 8 companies as swift as you may. Then ride to Minas Tirith, and inform The High King, Elessar of what has befallen, you must then place yourself at his service, for he may need you to ride to Prince Faramir at Emyn Arnen, or Prince Imrahil at Dol Amroth. Be swift, the lives of Devak and of my brother may depend on this!'
at this, Ninphal ran from the centre of the Muryan Building, leapt upon his horse, and rode like the wind, north and west.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:42 PM   #293
Fimbrethil

OOC:I'm really really bad about visting discussion threads...so if I do somthing wrong right here tell me and I'll come and edit htis post.

IC:
Callinya, who had just turned into a wolf was about to race off and explore the city when she heard a sound...It sounds like someone singing...but I can't make out the words...oh, well! I'm a wolf! Turning back to her human form, "What was that?" She asked as the last remenats of the song drifted tto her. "It was Devak! She's in trouble!! I have to help! Jan this is a beautiful land, and I would love to stay longer but...I must go. I don't knwo Devak well but even my wolf ears were keen enough to sense she was in grave danger. Come Picalo! We fly!" They set off together going with the wind as much as possible.

About a day and much traveling later Calinya saw a building. Seting down in a forest and turning human once more she asked "Picalo, which is Devak's cell?" Picalo showed her and they both flew there, Callinya as a falcon. Perching on the ledge she cried down and saw a pale deathly looking face raise to look at her.

Old 04-10-2004, 05:18 PM   #294
Legoles

"The gathering can wait till later. I shall come." I said and shifted into a raven, I followed Callinya and evntually saw Devak, <Poor Devak, I'll get her outta there.> "Devak? Here eat this, it'll replenish your magic."

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 04-10-2004, 05:25 PM   #295
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

'within the day, we should have 100 infantry, 100 archersand 200 cavalry, the entire Lebennin Legion. I have ordered my messenger to summon them to the mountains away south of here, where we shall meet them in the next few days.'
said faligorn, as the sound of hooves was lost amongst the trees of the forest 'with such a force, we might hope to liberate the sea capital of Harad!'
Old 04-10-2004, 09:38 PM   #296
Fimbrethil

OOC: Ok we'll pretend we just flew back in time to hear what Last Child said because I want ot comment on it.

IC:
Callinya landed and transformed back into a human. Hearing just at the last second what Faligorn had said. "Do you really think that yo ucan beat this army? They are just waiting, mocking the helpless people inside. It will take more than 400 men to defeat them. All you would is have innocent people slautered!" Callinya said in a harsh tone, she didn't mean to reveal her feelings but Hamish, who knew her, picked up on it anyway.
"Callinya, it's not our or your fault that the army that was supposed to defend Harad in the first place was undermaned and not fit for protecting people. This army will be better, and with at least two shapshifters on our side how can lose?" Hamish said knowing even as he said it that it would bring Callinya little comfort.
"Perhaps." Was all she said in return and they continued on to their sleeping place.

Old 04-11-2004, 05:05 AM   #297
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

'You must remember,' said faligorn 'our forces are hardy men of gondor, that fought against innumerable odds in the Great War of the Ring! My men are experienced, and doughty, and at the least, we may disturb the swarthy men of the east from their plunder'
Old 04-11-2004, 03:13 PM   #298
Fimbrethil

"If you say so. But I have my doubts. Jan, perhaps now would be a good time to see your people." CAllinya said.

Old 04-11-2004, 09:25 PM   #299
Legoles

"Of course. After I get Devak out of here." Jan said, with the beginnings of a type of gold mage-fire forming between his hands. He hurled[or hucked, or chucked, or...threw] the fire at the wall. *Wall breaks we bring Devak back to the forest... blah blah*

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 04-12-2004, 12:17 AM   #300
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: We are where Devak is being held? I've been really busy lately, and not so much time to post.
Quote: