Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-09-2004, 11:12 AM   #281
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC:Cool posteses peopleses. I had a moment...

IC:
Terin sat at camp with everyone else waiting for Suihan and Eragon to get back whe nsuddenly she heard Nykai shout <Ra'zac! Pack up camp and follow us!> Pack they did...it was the fastest any of them had ever packed wihtout fogeting anything. They were in the air and flying after Suihan and Eragon who seemed to have picked up someone.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"

Last edited by Fimbrethil : 03-09-2004 at 10:26 PM.
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 11:21 PM   #282
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

ooc; ooh, cool! nice, earloth!

ic; Eragon leapt up on Saphira, giving Siuahn a lift. <Get Banuien!> he shouted. <Got her> replied Saphira as they were swept up in the air. Eragon saw Camnete, Glenadrin and Nyaki leap into the air after Saphira. They were gaining altitude, away from the Ra'zac. <Where are we going> asked Saphira. <The Varden> <Who?> <Just fly>
<Siuahn?> he reached out to his friend. <Hey> <You okay?> <Sure. But I don't know how Banuien feels about being taxied by a dragon> <What is wrong with her?> <I don't know. Where are we going?> <To see the varden.>

okay, so only a handful of peoples will know who the varden are. anywho, is that an ok idea? did earloth have a plan? am I keeping too close to the book, lol?
-pip

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 11:52 PM   #283
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

OOC:No, me luvs!

Ic:<Eragon, don't try to make water out of dirt. It doesn't work. I should know.>
<Where did this come up from.>
<The Varden... don't you know how to get there?>
<I'm afraid not...>
<I do. Hey, who's that?>
<Who?>
OOC: Adding Murtagh[me tinks me spelled it rihgt...]
Ic:
<That guy down there, fighting those two Ra'zac.>
<I dunno. Wonder if he needs any...> But just as he said that, my inner kindness took the better of me, and Glen swooped down upon the Ra'zac, picking them both up ,and dropping them in the nearby[ever so handy] river. "Hey, you alright?" I asked the man.
"Yeah, yeah,*gasp* jus need a moment here.*Wheeze*"
"Who are you?"
"Murtahg

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 11:06 PM   #284
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC: I'm so lost! Please help! I'm getting the book this weekend! I finally found it! YaY!
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 08:53 PM   #285
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

ooc; oops. lol, well, sorry guys, I was gone a while. dont worry Fim, you'll get it eventually. Murtagh is good! nice! okay, leggy, you lead us to the Varden, k?

ic; Eragon watched Glenadrin leap into the air away from the Ra'zac, carrying a man. Siuahn looked at him, he shrugged. <Who is that?> she asked
<I dont know>
<His name is Murtagh> said Raven. They pressed on until night fell, not stopping to be sure that they held their hard earned lead. Saphira landed when they crossed a wide river. Eragon laid the elf on her blanket and started to make a fire.
"Need some help?" asked a man.
Eragon looked up quickly, he had forgotten about the man. He was actually not that much older than Eragon, about 18.
"Er, yeah, thanks." replied Eragon. "What were you doing down there?"
"You arent the only enemy the ra'zac has." replied Murtagh. "I am Murtagh."
"Eragon."
"We need some meat." said Raven, climbing out of her saddle. "The desert is a long road to take."
"The desert?" asked Eragon.
"Yes. The Varden lay in the mountains across the Hadarac desert. We will need to get water here, it is all we will have for miles and miles."
Eragon grimaced and looked out into the setting sun. The Hadarac Desert. He had heard stories, but never dreamed he would ever see it. After a few minutes Siuahn and Terin returned with some meat, enough to make a small meal for them all. Eragon sat down by the elf.
"Is she doing any better?" asked Siuahn. Eragon shook his head. Murtagh asked who they were talking about and gasped at the elf.
"An elf? How in the light's name did you come by an elf?" he asked. Eragon gave a scetchy outline of thier adventure in Gil'Lead. It was getting dark and people were curling up in thier blankets, ready for sleep. It came easy to Eragon then. They were out of the Empire. Free for now

Old 03-17-2004, 06:11 AM   #286
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

ooc; okay this is just gonna be a useless post but meh i hate it when the thread starts to die.

ic; Banuien sat by the fire uncomfortably as they all dropped off to sleep. She still had her black robes draped about her shoulders, but they felt unnatural now, and cold; she leaned over the Elf they had found and studied her pain, pointed features: there was something strangely familiar about her, though Banuien did not realise it. Her lip stung: she reached for a stem of aloe vera, one of the last remaining plants on the outskirts of the desert, and smeared the sap over the cut. The liquid dried on her face and she sat placidly until morning.

ooc; right i'm dying. i cannot think of anything. i hate my english teacher, THAT'S why! Bitch, she's always wanting us to do stuff, and then when we don't do that she expects us to do *other* stuff...jesus. you hand something in at the end of the day instead of the beginning of last period and she's all "GET ME A NOTE". A girl I know had to get a note explaining why she didn't have a note for something that was handed in late. And *another* girl i know had to get a note clarifying that she wasn't there for one lesson in which we had to hand something in. She's a Nazi, get that clear. NAZI!!!!

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!
Eärloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 10:11 AM   #287
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Location: Beyond conscious thought... and always out of reach
OC: *huggles Earloth* Don't worry, you're doin' fine. You're still up there with the high posters, lol. Just take it easy and everything will smooth out... eventually... I hope.

Siuahn curled up beside the fire, still gazeing at the dancing flames and wrapped almost entirely in an old woolen blanket. The material was itchy, and it scratched her skin unforgivingly, but it gave more protection from the night air than her cloak could ever hope to.
<Look at all the good that's happened because I wanted to leave, Nyaki. We have Baniuen back, and a guide to practically lead us to the Varden. I could not have messed up so badly that you still do not wish to speak with me.>
The dragon's throat and chest vibrated with a low sound, almost a purr as she extended her neck and laid her head on her Rider's knee. <I still think you very foolish for doing what you did. I thought even you were wise enough to know better, hatchling.>
<Even if I was, you knocked all the sense out of me with your little tantrum.>
<Tantrum?>
<Yes tantrum! You nearly killed me. Throwing me about like that... I'm not unbreakable, Nyaki, I can't stand all that your body can. And you're a lot stronger, and bigger than I am. You were furious... Wouldn't even let me speak to you for the longest time...>
<I did no such thing... I-I would never.>
Siuahn's forehead creased with concern as she slid her good hand out from beneath the tangle of blankets and laid it upon the dragonness' head. <But you did... I have enough injuries to attest to that. I don't know when I'll be able to use my arm again...> She sighed.
Giving a quiet snort, Nyaki's head rose of Siuahn's lap and rose to her eye level, though she turned it to look the woman in the eye. Siuahn looked at the black dragon in silent reverence. Her scales glittered warmly in the firelight, and the bronze and gold in her eyes and on her claws, belly and wings shone like the metal they mimicked. Nyaki made a low whining noise and pushed her forehead gently against the young woman's jaw. <I promised to protect you, and by choosing you as my rider I sealed that promise, and our friendship. I don't know why I did what I did, but I am truly sorry for any pain I have caused, and any damage I have inflicted on our companion ship...>
Wrapping one arm around the dragon's neck, Siuahn smiled and closed her ghostly eyes with a sigh. <You did nothing of the sort...>
With Nyaki's help, the Rider levered herself off the ground, only to walk over to the dragon and lay back down again. Her head resting on Nyaki's chest, Siuahn fell asleep quickly and easily, the deep beating of Nyaki's heart lulling her to dreams.

OC: Sorry it's so long... Didn't mean to! lol

Potius mori quam foedari...
Death before dishonour...
Akamai Deredal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 04:08 PM   #288
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

nice guys. I think we are moving, lol

ic; Eragon was woken(gah. bad grammar) by Murtagh who was putting out the fire.
"Time we get going. We need to start before the sun comes up" murtagh murmured. Sure enough, the sky was still dark. He stretched and gathered his things. Soon everyone was up and busy getting ready for the journey across the Hadarac Desert.

ok, that was short and meaningless, but I was kinda stuck

Old 03-19-2004, 12:54 AM   #289
Legoles

"Okay, Eragon. I have an idea. For the fastest route you must cross the desert diagonally, and draw your water from the ground."
"How do you know all this?"
"I am part of the Varden. I have not tried to influence you in any way. It will be best if we fly. I'll take Murtagh, you take the elf. Agreed?"

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 04-21-2004, 11:30 PM   #290
Legoles

boink

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 02-18-2005, 05:32 PM   #291
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

How Dare You!

This thread's been long dead... How dare you let it wither and DIE!

Well, I guess I'm partially to blame. Long time since I've been to the moot... BUT! I've come to reclaim my... puny little throne!

Any space left for me? -grins hopefully-

Old 02-21-2005, 01:47 PM   #292
Legoles

Tom Bombadil

But of course!!! We need to revive this as quick as we can!!!

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 02-21-2005, 07:01 PM   #293
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

YAYAYAYA!!!!!!!
Omg, I am all crazy, I'm like...dancing.

We so should revive this baby! We need to add new people though, cause I dont think all of us are still here. Let's see, does Earloth still come on here. Fim is still around, we should GATHER THE PEOPLE.

*bounces* Yes. Okay. So, how should we go about this? We should get some point of starting that relates to the former story, but starts fresh at the same time. HURRAH!

Old 02-21-2005, 07:17 PM   #294
Legoles

Yeah, we must think about this, and go into my RPG ^_^

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 02-21-2005, 10:30 PM   #295
Master'sBaneSwiftSnowmane
Elven Warrior

Hey, I'm still here....only I'm not technically me. Heh, if that makes sense. I hope we do start it up agian. I claim my character and her(or was it a he?) dragon though! Can't wait!
"Not only did my encounters with voters confirm the fundamental decency of the American people, they also reminded me that at the core of the American experience are a set of ideals that continue to stir our collective conscience; a common set of values that bind us together despite our differences; a running thread of hope that makes our improbable experiment in democracy work..." Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope
Master'sBaneSwiftSnowmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 11:45 PM   #296
Legoles

Sam Gamgee

Fim??? Ah! Fim! Yes, well we'll restart soon enough

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 02-22-2005, 01:30 AM   #297
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Yes! I'm here! Ooo, I liked this RPG -- yayness! One more thing to do, otherwise boredom. HOw are you all this 2005?

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!
Eärloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 05:23 PM   #298
Valya
Sapling

Hi, I'm new and I'm a friend of Pip's ((HI EVERYONE--Pip)) I'd like to join this here rp, once you get it all started up.

Pip--she's crazy. WATCH OUT.

Quiet walker in the wake of Shadows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Valya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 10:36 PM   #299
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Earloth! o.o I thought you'd never come back! -dies of happy-

Oh wow, it's so great to see everyone comeing together again. It's like a big ole reunion of sorts... -gets all teary eyed-

Old 03-01-2005, 10:52 PM   #300
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Here we go *wipes eyes* I love this thread. *grabs defibulator* CLEAR!

ooc: The Hadarac Desert was harsh and unrelenting. Eragon spent every day wishing it would end, praying for the sight of one tree, or spring, or anything other than the tan nothingness. Raven had shown them how to draw water out of the earth, so they weren't dying of thirst, which was a plus. But the moral was harder to keep up. The dragons would often clash, snapping at eachother or flicking tails indignantly, everyone irritated by the heat. The newcomer, Murtagh, proved to be a valueable ally, though he seemed as if he was hiding many secrets and his disposition was sort of like a rock sometimes. They had been travelling during the night, so as to avoid the hottest times of day.

Dawn came. <Saphira. Time to stop.> he said weakly in his mind to his dragon. Saphira landed and Eragon unstrapped the elf, who was still alive, but barely and laid her down on a blanket, planting himself beside her. The great sapphire dragon landed beside him and he leaned sleepily against her belly. <You need to get some sleep.> Saphira said, pulling her wing over her Rider. Eragon had been having troubles sleeping lately. Though he would never have admitted it, he knew why. Brom's death still weighted heavily on his shoulders. He could have been there. He wasn't even there when they buried him, he was too busy in prison. He should have saved him, he had the ability, but he didn't. <Eragon, stop punishing yourself.> Saphira said soothingly. <I don't know what you're talking about.> Eragon retorted. <Oh, don't be stupid.> said the dragon huffily. <There was nothing you could do, and killing yourself over it now will not help the matter. Now, sleep.>

Eragon glanced over at Saphira's head that was resting on the ground, one of the cerulean eyes gazing at him intently. <Fine.> he said, curling up against her. Saphira had gotten much bigger in the past few months. She was still the youngest of the group, but she was no longer a hatchling. <Sleep well, little brother.> said the comforting voice of Saphira in his head.

The day passed much too quickly. It felt like seconds when Eragon awoke to see the sun setting across below the flat horizon. He looked around and saw the others standing and getting ready to go. Eragon walked over to where Suiahn and Nyaki were standing. He handed her a flask of water, smiling half-heartedly, and not particulaly feeling like speaking.

"Time to go." Raven said to everyone. Eragon strapped the elven maiden onto Saphira's saddle and climbed on himself. It hadn't been an hour when Eragon looked ahead, and in the dim light of the moon, thought he saw something. It seemed as if there was a great line of clouds across the top of the sky, and that everything below them was pitch black. Before he could even mention it to Saphira, he heard Raven's voice in his head, <Those are the Beor Mountains. We are only a few miles away. We'll be in the Varden by tomorrow afternoon.>

Eragon smiled, 'Finally,' he thought. 'We can get out of this blasted desert, get the elf some help, and actually do something productive against the Empire for a change.'

Day came quickly, but they did not stop travelling. Eragon realized the clouds he thought he had seen had actually been the snow on the top of the mountains. They were the greatest things he had ever seen. A hundred times taller than the ones surrounding his own come in Carvahall. Raven, Murtagh and Glenadrin flew ahead to lead the way, followed by Terin and Camnete, Suiahn and Nyaki, and Eragon and Saphira pulling up the back. Raven led them through a pass in the mountains and down a furtile valley. They stopped by a real stream to get a drink, and the dragons hunted while the humans cooked some real food for a change. Everyone was feeling better and more hopeful now that they had left the desert and the Empire behind.

At noon, Raven lowered her altitude, skimming directly over the trees. Ahead of them, the valley came to and end, as did the river that flowed through it. A small lake and cliff wall were standing in front of them.

"Here we are," said Raven, dismounting from Glenadrin at the edge of the lake.

((ooc: I'm assuming Banuien and Murtagh hopped a ride with some of the other riders. Leggy, can you pick up from here?))

HOORAY!