Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-05-2004, 09:01 PM   #261
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Wormtail, you mean? He's going to have to repay the Wizard's Dept to Harry, should it be in here or in the 7th?
Wasn't there already a sort of species war, as you call it? I mean, the giants and dementors were with Moldie Voldie. Were there really any other species on the Order's side? How about goblins? I can't decide which they'de be on...Maybe both...Ooh, I had a cool idea!! We could have a bunch of phoenixes come! That would be sooo cool! And unicorns! They certainly wouldn't like Voldie and they probly are very powerful.
About Chaudry...I think that he's not the lion man. And I thought we established that the hier of Gyrffindor would be good? I still think it would be cool if he wasn't though...:evilgrin:
Hmm...I dunno where the Muggleborns would be...

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 10:26 PM   #262
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Heh! got my icky worm guys mixed up!
I agree about the species war starting to "set up" in the last book. That's why I was thinking it would naturally occur in this book. (or start to) How about the giants and Dementors invade the forbidden forest, (on deatheater command) The centaurs could play into their (bad guys) hands by being selfish and so "only in it for themselves" ...Just when it looked like the forest (and subsequently Hogwarts) were about to be overtaken, Hagrid could lead a herd of unicorns to amaze and dumbfound the giants, while some pheonixes could probably deal with dementors...peck holes in their shrouds and make THEIR souls evaporate or something.

Yeah, I forgot, the heir is good, so if Chaudry is going to doublecross the OotP, he can't be the heir too. I'm having a problem with where the heir of Gryffindor is happening in our book. Which student/s should be close, or have a "relationship" with the heir? Do you think the heir will try to promote good and trusting inter-house relationships?...like hermione is trying to do per Dumbledore's request? Perhaps "love" will be the answer???? I hope you are following me...Radagast the Brown probably thinks I'm a totally crazy old lizard now

Last edited by Lizra : 09-05-2004 at 10:30 PM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 02:09 AM   #263
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

I think that the missing Muggleborns should go to an evil equivilant of 12 Grimmauld Place. Wormtail gives it away to Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville and Chaudry because they are torturing him about his past and the memory of Sirius and James. He writes in down for them and the rest of the Order find it at the end. Chaudry could die with a spell that he fires at Voldemort but bounces off and hits him. Decide how this could happen, but first we need to know when to do the next chapters.
Maybe a bit more after Hogwarts has finished to make up for the next to nothing at the beginning.

Maybe Nevill could have some relation to the heir it could be like his uncle.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230

Last edited by Telcontar_Dunedain : 09-06-2004 at 02:12 AM.
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 10:39 AM   #264
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Lizra.. sorry, but I think the 'war' idea is kinda too fictional. It might be a good idea, but it's not Rowling's style, I think... I believe it'll be more like a guerilla warfare, the kind of attacks Voldemort did last time he was in power.

I think the 12 Grimmauld Place is Alright, but I think it should be a new place, a secret one, like the Riddle's house.

And I agree with Lizra about the heir.

(I don't think you're a lizard, if you thought I do. )

Last edited by Radagast The Brown : 09-06-2004 at 01:08 PM.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 11:29 AM   #265
Telcontar_Dunedain

Yeah I meant a new Grimmauld Place, just have the evil equivilant.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 09-06-2004, 01:05 PM   #266
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Like Grimauld Place is the HQ of the Order, so this new one is the HQ of the DE's? Sounds good....How about Riddle Manor or whatever it's called. (I forget...) That place in the beginning of GoF.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
Old 09-06-2004, 01:06 PM   #267
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

So have the finding of the missing muggleborns be the climax in this book, with the "species war" still building up tension...for the final book?
Old 09-06-2004, 01:40 PM   #268
Telcontar_Dunedain

Maybe with the odd hint.
I don't think it would be set at the Riddle Manor as muggles already know it exists and it has been in publicity.

What do people think about more after Hogwarts to make up for the beginning.

Old 09-06-2004, 02:07 PM   #269
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

People also knew 12 Grimauld's Place, it wasn't hidden before the Order came, so people could probably see it.. it was in the city after all.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:05 PM   #270
Telcontar_Dunedain

But it wasn't in the public eye. 4 murders had been commited and the Riddle Manor.

Old 09-06-2004, 06:39 PM   #271
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Telcontar...I'm afraid I'm rather dense today... I don't understand what you mean by "more after Hogwarts"?

Not the old Chamber of Secrets in Hogwarts, not the Malfoys secret room under their basement, not Riddle's old house....where are those DE's convening??
Old 09-06-2004, 09:00 PM   #272
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radagast The Brown
People also knew 12 Grimauld's Place, it wasn't hidden before the Order came, so people could probably see it.. it was in the city after all.
Did you read the fifth book? Sirius says "Well,after we clean it up this is perfect my Dad had all sorts of charms and spells on this place, and with what Dumbldores added it's almost as safe as Hogwarts." Or somthing extremely close to that.

Tel dear you really need to proof read your posts. I can't make heads or tails of half of them. I do however agree that the Riddle Manor is much to obvious as Dumbldore would have likly sent people there asap after Harry came back at the end of the fourth book.

By the way Siri I'm a girl not a guy. And I'm not making this regular but as I seem to actually remember most of the book I decided to save you some time.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 10:59 PM   #273
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimbrethil
By the way Siri I'm a girl not a guy.
Sorry! I don't know why I thought that, it somehow got into my head that you were a guy...sorry!

Ummm...I dunno where it could be...any ideas, anyone?

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 09-07-2004, 01:44 AM   #274
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimbrethil
Did you read the fifth book? Sirius says "Well,after we clean it up this is perfect my Dad had all sorts of charms and spells on this place, and with what Dumbldores added it's almost as safe as Hogwarts." Or somthing extremely close to that.
I did read the fiufith, that's how I know of Grimauld's place. I do think, though, that other wizards did know of Grimauld's. Family of Sirius, for example.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:15 AM   #275
Telcontar_Dunedain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizra
Telcontar...I'm afraid I'm rather dense today... I don't understand what you mean by "more after Hogwarts"?

Not the old Chamber of Secrets in Hogwarts, not the Malfoys secret room under their basement, not Riddle's old house....where are those DE's convening??
By 'more after Hogwarts' I meant that instead of finishing the book at the train station maybe JK will write some more things after that.

The place could be a new place. Grimmauld Place was new so we could introduce a new house for the deatheaters.

Old 09-07-2004, 07:44 AM   #276
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain

The place could be a new place. Grimmauld Place was new so we could introduce a new house for the deatheaters.
I see. Well... sure! new places are always fun! I hesitate to "conjure up" a new place , my brit knowledge isn't too hot.....
Old 09-07-2004, 08:23 AM   #277
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
I have some problems with this 'book'... as we basically has no plot.

Chap. 21 - Another Quidditch match, this time Grryfindor vs. Ravenclaw. Grryfindor leads 80-20 when Ravenclaw's new seeker (Cho quitted) , ____ (his name), catches the Snitch before Harry, and Ravenclaw wins. Harry is shocked, knowing it wa the first time he was defeated only because he wasn't good enough.

Chap. 22 - There's a dance (prom? Whatever...) in Hogwarts (I had to find use for their cloaks), and Harry, after getting over his loss, doesn't know who to invite. Eventually, he asks Ginny (with some pressure from Hermioni) (that somehow discovered he likes Ginny), and she agrees. They go together and the night is great for him, much better than the one in the 4th year. Hermioni comes with Jastin Finch-Flechly (sp.) of Hufflepuff, and Ron with Hanah Abbot. (sp.)

Chap. 23 - The kidnapping continues, and it's still unclear how it's done and what happened to the students. The MoM special investigators come to Hogwarts, but they don't succeed more than Dumbledore. Luna Lovegood is vanished, Harry is worried and somehow misses her.

Chap. 24 - *is out of ideas* Hermioni fixes the mirrors of Sirius, and Harry finds that they're working. He also finds clues about the vanishing - He found out that many passed in Mirtle's toilet(bathroom?), and entered the Chamber of Secrets. He assumes Voldemort somehow re-created the Chamber, and got into Hogwarts. Unfortunately he can't come into the chamber, so he tells Dumbledore. Dumbledore doesn't seem to be surprised, and places guards near the bathroom.

Chap. 25 - As the vanishings continue, the MoM believes Harry had a mistake - and that Voldemort didn't come from there. Everyone is panicked, much more than the 2nd year. It appears like someone from the inside helps the kidnapping. Ron suspects Malfoy, but Hermioni doesn't agree - yet she doesn't have a guess herself.

Ok, so back to Rad's chapters.....

21....so this is all Quiditch, and how Harry suffers a real defeat...realizing he is all too "human" sometimes. He could probably have some sad thoughts about Sirius here, and maybe some "guilt" about his death (?)
Perhaps Blaise could say a few kind things to Harry.....

22....The Spring prom ....so Harry asks Ginny...cool!, I'm still not "right" with Hermione and Justin, no way ! Why not have Ron get the balls to ask her? He should be feeling pretty "manly" by now! Who will Blaise go with? Neville? nah.... another Gryffindor? NOT Malfoy!

23...Ok this need good debate. MOM...have we talked about MOM yet? who is the head of MOM in this book?
So MOM conducts an investigation, and succeeds in only underscoring everyone's fear (because they come up with no answers) that Voldemort is gaining more control over the wizarding world. We could have our trio of students (Harry Ron and Hermione) really discussing this, and getting close to the climax solution with their ideas. The port key could perhaps be a certain book in the library that would attract muggleborns for some strange reason. Using the 2 way mirrors that Hermione retsored might be discussed, for just finding the muggleborns isn't enough, the trio wants to expose the new DE headquarters.

24....I'd rather tie up some loose ends here...Chaudry and/or the heir of Gryffindor, perhaps doing something to promote good inter-house relations, dragging a reluctant Snape into a show of goodwill and camaraderie (the good inter-house and inter-species relations is actually the best defense against Voldemort ),
or......(and this could just become another chapter) something that hints at the upcoming species war. Grawp could leave his brother Hagrid at this time, and set up a very small outpost of giants who want to aid OoTP...(?) and/or there could be some sort of SPEW breakthrough (probably due to Chaudry's eastern philosopy influence), but a few renegade house elves (Winky! ) go berserk and do some "out of control" house elf magic, freaking out the witch/wizard world. There could be some fear (fanned by the Daily Prophet) that the house elves might go to the aid of Voldemort, unless some concessions are quickly made to the House elves. MOM could step in to consider this new problem.

25....I don't know what to say about this!

Last edited by Lizra : 09-07-2004 at 08:25 AM.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:59 AM   #278
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

If you want to change Hermione's date, go ahead. Just find someone appropriate. Not Ron, anyway, I can't imagine him asking her to go to the prom.

About chapter 24... I don't find the house elves very scary or intimidating... I mean, they did have magic, but it wasn't very strong, and they could be easily defeated by a wizard. I don't think they should be in the war at all.

Except that, I agree.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:20 PM   #279
Telcontar_Dunedain

Maybe Hermione could disappear whilst havong a two way mirror on her and Harry, Ron (and Neville) could see Wormtail planting port keys and he could be the Secret Keeper

Old 09-07-2004, 03:18 PM   #280
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
If you want to change Hermione's date, go ahead. Just find someone appropriate. Not Ron, anyway, I can't imagine him asking her to go to the prom.

About chapter 24... I don't find the house elves very scary or intimidating... I mean, they did have magic, but it wasn't very strong, and they could be easily defeated by a wizard. I don't think they should be in the war at all.

Except that, I agree.
You don't like "Hermione and Ron"? I thought they were destined to be together or something! Well ...who else is good enough for our wonderful Hermione?

I agree house elves have not been scary up to this point, but that is because they have been obedient! ....but now that the war and SPEW are stirring things up, don't you think a few rebel house elves could *fight the power* and totally freak out (and scare the pants off) the wizards, by letting loose with some "unusual" stuff. I remember the scene in the movie where Dobby zaps Lucious Malfoy...that was cool! (Did it happen that way in the book?)

I can't remember exactly what being a "secret keeper" entails?

Last edited by Lizra : 09-07-2004 at 03:20 PM.