Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 07:50 PM   #261
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

It wasnt a place holder, it just wasnt fleshed out, it was maybe two paragraphs of what it is now. I am glad you liked it! *does the happy dance*
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:01 PM   #262
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

*watches the happy dance and starts to whistle a cheery ditty*
Old 12-06-2005, 08:03 PM   #263
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Hmm...I think i know what to add now... though i got to run in a few minutes. *grabs BB and twirls him about, and together they jig*
Old 12-06-2005, 08:04 PM   #264
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

*rolls eyes and shakes head, with smile on face*

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 12-06-2005, 08:06 PM   #265
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

*grabs lotesse and pulls her into the merry festive Jig with shah*
Old 12-06-2005, 08:08 PM   #266
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

*lotesse snakes miruvor bottle from Viv, slams contents, tosses bottle into fireplace festively, and gets into the jig. Stubs toe and thinks its funny, keeps dancin'.*

Old 12-06-2005, 08:08 PM   #267
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Yes, Sane, you have all reasons to be proud. An outstanding post, indeed!
I agree with everything Lotesse said.

A little nitpick, though ( can't resist, you know, being an old evil nitpicker ): according to the previous post by LMM, there were only 4 studens in the jewellery class: Ray, Viv, Aiwendis and Rian.
It was also mentioned that Aiwendis and Rian came first and waited for the others. Actually Ray knows them both at least by sight: he has seen Rian in Orrodel and Aiwendis at the Reception. But I fully understand that he had his eyes only for Vivvie!

And I loved the way you made Viv sit furthest possible from the fire. Aiwendis did the same, I bet. Viv's thoughts about Sau and Feanor are awesome!
Old 12-06-2005, 08:10 PM   #268
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I know, they were spot-on, Shah! for real.

Old 12-06-2005, 08:12 PM   #269
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

She did? Hmm, well i dunno, that doesnt ring true to me. Over here, a smith's class cant really function with only 4 people and the teacher. Yea, for that matter a university cant function with so FEW students. So I stuck in some 'extras'. It is unrealistic to have a "University" with what, 10 people? our characters and then 5 unnamed girls in the commerce class? Even way back in the days schools like these had students that numbered in the hundreds.

Like I said, the post isnt finished, and I really think that his attention would be hooked by miss hotlooks across the room.

*grabs the evil old nitpick Gordis and brings her into the dance as well*

Last edited by The last sane person : 12-06-2005 at 08:15 PM.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:14 PM   #270
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

*grabs gor into the throng - shah is leading us all on a very merry dance this cold winter's night ...*

edit**

oops sorry shah, you grabbed first!

Last edited by Butterbeer : 12-06-2005 at 08:15 PM.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:14 PM   #271
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Rian - is it just me, or do I notice correctly that your posts before & after the Viv & Alagos post I made, have been deleted? Did you delete your Viv & Alagos stuf, and if so, WHY?????? WHY did you delete your posts?????? PLEASE put them back, or explain to me what is going on with that. Is this because I bracketed your paragraph addition with your name in my post?
No, it's because you were just so unhappy with how I portrayed Viv, that I thought it was just beyond repair, and it was better to just delete the whole tamale. I explained everything in my post 217 in the discussion thread, in response to your post 216 No problems, it's just gone!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 12-06-2005, 08:16 PM   #272
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

never mind that now ...

*grabs Ri into the knees up merry jig / throng *

starts humming a christmas carol ...
Old 12-06-2005, 08:19 PM   #273
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

WHeeeeeEEEEEeeeeee!

(and I was just playing a slip jig on my harp! Jigs rule!)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 12-06-2005, 08:21 PM   #274
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

NONSENSE!!!! I think you madly misinterpreted me Rian, I liked your post a lot! And if you'll read what I said, I said AT FIRST I was apprehensive about how you portrayed Viv but I easily worked with WHAT YOU'D ALREADY WRITTEN which was great, and moulded my response post to better reflect how Viv would be! It's a shame we can't seem to be able to write opposite one another, it really is. What we wrote there together, you starting it out, my middle, and you wrapping it up, worked FINE!! It worked real well, I thought. I really think you've overreacted, Rian, and it'd be wondeful if you'd just put your posts back the way they were. That little scene was just great betw. Alagos & Viv; it worked fine, there was no need at all to go erasing those posts.

Old 12-06-2005, 08:21 PM   #275
Rían

Great post, Sane! Really nice writing

Are there any other back posts that were filled in that I need to catch up on? Did the race post ever get put in? (not to put pressure on you, but I just don't want to hunt back for it if it's not there yet)

Mmmm, I like to taste wine like Ray did!

Old 12-06-2005, 08:24 PM   #276
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
She did? Hmm, well i dunno, that doesnt ring true to me. Over here, a smith's class cant really function with only 4 people and the teacher. Yea, for that matter a university cant function with so FEW students. So I stuck in some 'extras'. It is unrealistic to have a "University" with what, 10 people? our characters and then 5 unnamed girls in the commerce class? Even way back in the days schools like these had students that numbered in the hundreds.

Like I said, the post isnt finished, and I really think that his attention would be hooked by miss hotlooks across the room.

*grabs the evil old nitpick Gordis and brings her into the dance as well*
Actually, I'll second this, because I, too, just assumed from the onset that there'd be "filler extras" in all the Uni classes, characters that no one would play or anything, they'd just be background, because it's true, one cannot run an entire enormous University like that on the enrollment only of like ten students overall.

Old 12-06-2005, 08:24 PM   #277
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

* heehee - is that wine there i see through the whirling twirling dancers? *

*watches Gor twirling around rian before doing the splits to a round of applause*
Old 12-06-2005, 08:27 PM   #278
Rían

Lotesse, when I read things you wrote, like "SO incredibly non-Vivvian in every way", I just don't see how I was misinterpreting I mean, that's pretty definite!!! It just seemed like the post was wrong from the start, and better off deleted, instead of making you work with something you didn't like.

If you really want me to, I can write it again (because the original is totally gone - I didn't bother to save it), but if it's just so non-Viv, then why not just kill it? Or if you want, you can give me some ideas how you think they might meet that would be compatible with how you think Viv is, and I can put that in my post. I want to honor who you have made your character to be, and it just seemed that that post didn't do that.

Old 12-06-2005, 08:33 PM   #279
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Did you read the rest of the post I wrote which included the phrase "so non-Vivvian in every way?" Did you read how I took what was so non-Vivvian in every way and worked with what you'd given us, to put the scene right and put her right back into character, with NO HARM DONE? Did you even notice that, Rian, because it seems like you just want to focus on your feelings being hurt and insist upon feeling unduly criticised when at no point, no where, was I ever trying to criticise you. I was merely making a point when I said that what you'd written was non-vivvian, a POINT about not always needing to constantly alter alter alter weach others posts if we can work WITH what each other writes, rather than dictate to each other what should ot shoudn't be written. OBVIOUSLY my point wasn't even close to being taken by you. Too bad. I guess we can't write opposite one another, and like I said, that's really a shame. At least we gave it a shot! And I, for one, thought it worked out perfectly, but I guess if that's a one-sided opinion than one side only isn't good enough. No harm, no foul. I'l have to stick with my evil homies, I guess! And Ray.

Old 12-06-2005, 08:43 PM   #280
Rían

Yes, I read the rest of the post, Lotesse. And it just seemed like you were making the best of my post, but didn't really like it, so I deleted it. I thought it was fine how it worked out when you added the one line I asked for, but seriously, Lotesse, I definitely did NOT get the feeling that you were happy with it. I do NOT want you unhappy with how I portray Viv!

And I'd like to work with you, if you'll give me something to work with. I need help! I don't like guessing - I just don't. I'd much rather you say, "She wouldn't meet him that way - could you make it this way, please?" I"d be so happy to fix it so that you like it, as opposed to you taking something that I wrote that is just so completely against your character and having to wrench it around to work.

I thought the general idea was a good one, and if you give me something to go on for how Viv would hook up with him, I'd be happy to write it again, OK?

Closed Thread