Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-22-2002, 03:28 PM   #261
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
StrawberryIcecream I admire your strong will to be vegetarian out of principle but aren't you endangering your health overmuch?

I dunno. It does seem i'm ill a lot recently but i just cant eat meat!

I dont suppose any of you know any tips do you? I thought i knew them all but obviously not!

Go BoP!!!!!

Just keep parmesan! If you dont feel guilty, then eat it! Its like that with me and parmasan and small amounts of melted cheese some of the time! But i am still a soya milk and cream person.

Do any of you know if there is a vegan alterantive to eggs? Because i hva eto make fairy cakes on friday and i dont want to use eggs.

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 12:01 PM   #262
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

NO WAY AM I LETTING ONE OF THREADS GO INTO OBLIVION SO START POSTING!!!!

*ahem*

so.... anyone tried the marmite flavoured crisps yet? they are yummmmmmyyyyy!!!!

Old 04-28-2002, 05:12 PM   #263
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Day 'I've lost count':

Boyfriend sabotaged my non-cheese eating diet, buy buying a spinach & feta filo pastry thingy from a turkish restaurant... Dammit. Didn't figure it out, until I was halfway through, & this was AFTER I asked if anything had cheese in it!!!
Old 04-28-2002, 05:47 PM   #264
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

DAMN MEN EVERYWHERE!

Well, I hope you got mad at him so he never does it again!

You canget spinach and feta cheeses thingys from Tescos you know!

Never had them but ive seen them!

Old 04-28-2002, 05:53 PM   #265
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Possible day I've lost count +1 from the secret diary of BeardofPants:

Gave boyfriend to the meateaters. That'll teach him to feed me cheese! Will wait until he begs for mercy. Then stuff his face with salads. Go me.
Old 04-28-2002, 06:00 PM   #266
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
Possible day I've lost count +1 from the secret diary of BeardofPants:

Gave boyfriend to the meateaters. That'll teach him to feed me cheese! Will wait until he begs for mercy. Then stuff his face with salads. Go me.
Haha! That's funny!

You forgot, after I carved him up.

Yay!! In the fountain!! Go me!!
Old 04-29-2002, 12:03 PM   #267
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

I am so sick!

Eowyn 144, GG and all my other friends all gave me a cocktail sauage and after about 10 mins convinced me it was veggie. so i ate it. it wasnt veggie.

i fell sick still now.

that is one year of damn hard work down the drain thanks to them. and they aint even said sorry!

Old 04-29-2002, 05:46 PM   #268
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by StrawberryIcecream
Eowyn 144, GG and all my other friends all gave me a cocktail sauage and after about 10 mins convinced me it was veggie. so i ate it. it wasnt veggie.
That's terrible! Why did they do that? Do they not respect your rights as a vegetarian? Yuck! Poor you, you have my deepest sympathies... although, I fail to see how you fell for it; I can smell meat a mile away....

Day X +/- 5:

Had indian last night. BF ordered something with spinach and ricotta, kept offering it to me, that b*stard. Managed to resist. Yay for me.
Old 04-30-2002, 08:04 AM   #269
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

I don't really understand what the fuss is about...

What I do understand is that for some people, eating meat can have a detrimental effect on the body. I have no problem with that, if it is indeed a purely physical problem.

But what if it isn't purely physical? What if it is physiological in nature, where the physical impact is made in conjunction with and resulting from certain chemical reactions in the brain?

What are instances of these chemical reactions? When somebody assigns value to something, it is a mental act. That person assigns a higher ethical value to cattle or sheep or chickens or whatever, than say, a plant.

By here is my point, and you will probably all disagree. Yay:

I am made up of a bunch of quarks. So are you. So is the plant. And the chicken.

Whats more, so is the air we breath, and the fumes we fart.

All these things are made up of atoms, and broken down, sub-atomic particles. Eventually, we come to the lower limit of scientific capabilities, and witness quarks. And leptons.

We are quarks and leptons. Get over it. You are just as quarky as your vegetables, or the person next to you.

Once people can come to this realization, they'll be eating whatever they want - be that flesh, paper, cardboard, metal, glass, plastic, gas, you name it!

If my own arm could grow back after being amputated, and it tasted really good (with the necessary marinades and spices - mmmmmmmmmmm, cooked or barbequed...), and the time taken to regrow the arm was minuscule, why should I not eat my own arm? Or my leg? Or phlegm? Or use my own bile as a gravy on roast cheek?

*Eyes Woof eerily*
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 02:21 PM   #270
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

I spent ten minutes telling them i wasnt that gullible but it didnt smell at all meaty so (unfortunately) I decided to trust them.

I dont know why they did it. They basically think i'm incredibly stupid for not eating meat and thought it would be funny. well if seeing me rush to the toilets in an attempt to make myself sick was funny then congrats guys.

Old 04-30-2002, 03:06 PM   #271
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Anduril

*Eyes Woof eerily* [/B]
Yes, but on the flip side: why bother? I don't like it, therefore I make MY quarks avoid it like the plague.

Also: what's to stop you from eating yourself, your friends, your lovers, your dog, your computer, your fridge, your car, your road, your letterbox, your drink bottle....

Yes, everything has building blocks, but hominids have this thing called 'perception' - there are other names, as well, which I can't be arsed thinking of - and this is the tool in which we use to decide what is sensible for us to eat, i.e., most advantageous, and therefore determines our diet. So, I am NOT going to eat meat, because it makes me sick, and gives me diarrheoea. There's my chemical reaction, 'nuff said... probably too much in fact.... Get over it.

Aw, Strawberry, poor you! With friends like those.....!

Last edited by BeardofPants : 04-30-2002 at 03:13 PM.
BeardofPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 04:54 PM   #272
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Also: what's to stop you from eating yourself, your friends, your lovers, your dog, your computer, your fridge, your car, your road, your letterbox, your drink bottle....
If the value you place on these things is greater than the satisfaction of the taste of these items, you probably wouldn't voluntarily eat them. Drink bottles don't taste too good - stay away from those...
Quote:
Yes, everything has building blocks, but hominids have this thing called 'perception'
Don't penguins perceive things as well? And caterpillars? Or Mosquitoes?

*Enjoys a juicy, tender steak, marinated in the most tastebud tantalizing sauces ever imagined, or even imaginable*

Last edited by Andúril : 04-30-2002 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-30-2002, 06:11 PM   #273
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Don't penguins perceive things as well? And caterpillars? Or Mosquitoes?

*Enjoys a juicy, tender steak, marinated in the most tastebud tantalizing sauces ever imagined, or even imaginable*
Ah, smite me.

Since this is the vegetarian thread, I was referring ONLY to those of us (that is humans) who have chosen to not eat meat, but yes, smarty pants, other species have this perception as well, probably better than we do judging by the junk food we eat.

(And yes, stay away from the drink bottle, those plasticy bits between your teeth ain't nice.)

Dear diary,

Today BF treated me to lunch. A yummy bagel. With feta in it!! Aaargh, DOOMED before I've even begun....

Last edited by BeardofPants : 05-01-2002 at 12:17 AM.
BeardofPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 02:07 PM   #274
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

mmmmmm! Just had vegetarian chilli!

Old 05-03-2002, 05:56 AM   #275
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Don't y'all just love the way my chicken runs around after being decapitated? Especially when you drop her in a maze...
Old 05-03-2002, 07:53 AM   #276
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Don't y'all just love the way my chicken runs around after being decapitated? Especially when you drop her in a maze...
*BoP comes along & kicks Anduril's pasty backside until it collapses into his head.*

I have decided to incorporate feta into my diet again. It's just too hard to avoid. Was in my pizza tonite... *sigh*
Old 05-03-2002, 08:00 AM   #277
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

*Anduril begs for more*

I had pizza yesterday. Tonight I will have half a chicken. It's not the one that was decapitated. I have never hewed any chickens' heads off.
Old 05-03-2002, 08:11 AM   #278
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:

I had pizza yesterday. Tonight I will have half a chicken. It's not the one that was decapitated. I have never hewed any chickens' heads off.
*Jabs him with her sharp pointy stick which also electrocutes at the same time (tm).*

Do you think that this is appropriate for the vegetarian thread, you dead flesh eater?
Old 05-03-2002, 08:16 AM   #279
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Why do you insert "dead" before flesh?

"M'kay guys! Better be sure that ol' Anduril over hear don't eat no living flesh, 'ight?

Sorry ma'am. Maybe I deserve punishment. Like last time...
Old 05-03-2002, 08:28 AM   #280
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Why do you insert "dead" before flesh?
Because it makes meat eaters sound more monstrous.

*Injects Anduril with a mild poison, and drags him off to her lair.*