Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-12-2003, 03:33 PM   #261
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Arat-Falathion
Lol, I wonder if my grandmother is one of those guards Athalt has gotten in his group... I see no reason for the kingdom to pay them at all Hobbits are small yes, but I would guess the guards kept a better lookout for the hobbits after the first getaway... just found that a bit odd ah well
LOL My idea exactly. And to think that Imarwyn was caught when she sneaked in a camp of these guys. *sigh* I am so ashamed of that girl!
Old 01-12-2003, 03:49 PM   #262
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Haha
Old 01-12-2003, 03:55 PM   #263
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

LOL! Yes, good point, Eärniel . Almost makes me ashamed of making my guards behave in such a way!

The Shadowhand is the idea I like best . I'll give you some history, everybody. This group was originally assigned to undercover research, but later on its former commanders (Who will for the time being remain nameless) disappeared and the group was left to fend for itself. During that time a transformation occured in the hierarchy, as they were cut off from their old authority. That was when the hierarchy squabbles happened that the Servant of the Dark Order mentioned. They are probably still going on, but this group took on a reorientation, changing from focusing on undercover research, discoveries about magic and seizing the Hytorax, and aiming instead toward gaining power for themselves. That was when they got into orc breeding, political power grasping and all sorts of things like that.

They still are focused on their original goal, but it has now become only a part of their primary goal, which also I will keep private at this point.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 03:59 PM   #264
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Nice
Old 01-12-2003, 04:10 PM   #265
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

The Legend of Tyrn Gorthad

Oh yes, since some knowledge of this group has to exist if legends are going to have been made, I suppose I'll also drop that this group was influential in bringing about the destruction of Tyrn Gorthad (The old name of the Barrow Downs).

It isn't currently known how this group was involved, but the dark wizards of this bad group were seen, like wraiths in Tyrn Gorthad. Many people believe them to have been some kind of premonition of the spirits from Angmar which would animate the dead bodies of the kings of Tyrn Gorthad, but that belief was ended when Saruman the White identified them in the White Council as a perfectly believable phenomena- something that magic can produce. He claimed that they were images of the spirits of living sorcerers, looking out upon the land. Some were too weak to simply 'look', so they had to manifest themselves, and their gaze was more limited. This brought about a search by the White Tower for this mysterious group that had involved itself in the destruction of Tyrn Gorthad, but the group seemed to have simply vanished like smoke in the air.
Old 01-12-2003, 04:18 PM   #266
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Sounds really interesting. How do you always come up with these nice twists?

Incidentally since you have but little time to post in the RPG thread how will Athalt agree to accompany Hruad's group to the barrowdowns? Right now they are discussing it but I don't really see how Hruad would be able to convince Athalt. And you know better how to play them since they are your characters. I'm merely asking because I think a decision on it would be nice since the half of Hruad's groups starts escaping because they're bored.
Old 01-12-2003, 04:31 PM   #267
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

That's a very good point.

Aralle hasn't met the company yet, has she? I don't think she's really gotten seriously involved with them yet- correct me if I'm all off.

I've been planning for Athalt to refuse Hruad's offer and take the whole company prisoner. Aralle can rescue them, which would work well for all concerned. If she doesn't rescue them, for example, if it simply wouldn't make enough sense for her to do something like that, then somehow you company members can rescue yourselves. Though that wouldn't be very good for Athalt's guards' reputation .

Please hold yourselves in on rescuing yourselves until Silverstripe has a chance to post, everybody, I encourage you . Oh, and by the way, to keep things moving, someone else can send that post for me in which Athalt refuses Hruad.

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
Sounds really interesting. How do you always come up with these nice twists?
Thanks .

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 01-12-2003 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-12-2003, 07:09 PM   #268
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
No, Aralle is not very involved with the company yet, although it looks like she's about to speak to Gil and Asaar.

Aralle herself is the type of person who might show up and rescue everyone (she's sent places to help, remember), though she would not reveal who/what she truly was, except as a last resort.

I think what we should/can do really depends on what the circumstances are when that part of the plot develops.

Also: I have some ideas about griffins (particularly Aralle) which I would like to discuss with people, particularly Tessar, Lief Erikson, and (oh, why not include the bad guys?) Servant of the Dark Order.

By the way, are we still going to include a good order in this?
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 08:28 PM   #269
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Ohhh . . . I guess not. Leastwise, my plot doesn't really include any at this time. There might be a group of that kind, if people need it for their characters- my ideas on that line aren't firmly settled, and if other people need/want one much, it would be easy for me to include one.
Old 01-12-2003, 09:33 PM   #270
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

Yes yes, of course i'm hinting at a reason for her anger and everything. Now the question is how to interact with the likes of u fools! lol jk jk hmmm this could take me a while though cause Glistenfae really doesn't interact with ppl very often and when she does she seldom speaks more than what is on her mind she doesn't chit-chat lol she likes to know the facts nothing but the facts, or just her questions answered she doesn't like being surronded by unknown ppl! And she doesnt' get interogated much! Those that question her have fallen to their deaths at times...
Jack: "Monkey!"
"It's captain Jack Sparrow, captain..."
"If you were waiting for the opportune moment that was it."
Red coat, "Impersonating a judge."
Jack: (Oh, ya that was fun look on his face)
"Do us a favour...i know it's hard...but stay here and try not to do...anything...stupid."
"Yes...but why is the rum gone?!"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
elvishfaerie3088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 10:06 PM   #271
Legolaslvr!
Super Smilie Freak

Location: In the entmoot army, trying to get rid of black and blue!
Strider

Can I be an elf?
Nameendewen
Misc:Great defender friend to Legolas!!!
Weapon: Bow & Arrow Oh yeah!!!
Apperence:a cute and nice elf like Arwen!

The fat hobbit hobbit knows!
Legolaslvr! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 10:45 PM   #272
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolaslvr!
Can I be an elf?
Nameendewen
Misc:Great defender friend to Legolas!!!
Weapon: Bow & Arrow Oh yeah!!!
Apperence:a cute and nice elf like Arwen!
Fine . It'll be good to have you joining us. The RPG is already underway, so we'll have to think of some method to link you into it. It shouldn't be too hard, though. Meanwhile, you might want to read some of the RPG, to get an idea of what's going on and what it's like. Oh, and is Endewen male or female?

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvenfaerie
And she doesnt' get interogated much! Those that question her have fallen to their deaths at times...
Elvenfaerie, you still haven't managed to convince me that Glistenfae isn't insane .

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 01-12-2003 at 10:48 PM.
Old 01-13-2003, 09:45 AM   #273
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Welcome Legolaslvr It's a pleasure to have you with us, and together with assistance of Lief I am sure your entrance will be interesting

I do not see how I should interact right now, so I'll wait for a post or two before continuing...

Anyway, just had to mention... I'm reading a book now called "The Thousand Orcs"... the last book in the Ice Wind Dale series. It is just so cool to see how RA Salvatore uses his skill in writing how the Dwarves speak, and the Dark Elves are really something... So much happens! I just love it! Read it!

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 01-13-2003 at 03:49 PM.
Arat-Falathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 04:11 PM   #274
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

The Black Shadow. How does that sound? or. The Order of The Black Hand
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 06:08 AM   #275
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Yeh, I liked thatone Zavron... The Black Hand mark on the orcs (instead of the read flame), Order of the Black Hand (or order of the shadow hand?) both are good suggestions in my opinion...

Maybe it is about time I introduce my new creature... a cross between demon, dark elf, dragon and frost giant! Its name is SanTUPonIaD, and is a fine creature indeed... Brought to the world for pure evil deeds, though turned kind because he fell in love with a crossbreed between an Ontor and a Dwarf... Really a sweet story I can assure you all... He wields two Balrog Flame swords and one flame whip. He also is totaly covered with mithril armour and can therefor never be wounded by fysical damage... oh, and he is resistant to all magic! He is also feared and known of his great fireball that he summons and casts at his enemies when he wants to... He is what I call Invinsible... in the true meaning... emm, I'll introduce him when I see the time is right!

Oh, btw, how long is it gonna take before we move on now? My guess is that we manage to hold the encampment till the weekend, so that Lief might do his bits of posting Just a thought...
Old 01-14-2003, 06:08 AM   #276
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

*Shrugg* Double post

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 01-14-2003 at 06:10 AM.
Arat-Falathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 08:22 AM   #277
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

*makes cross with two fingers* Ahhh!! God playing! NOOOOO!!!!

Just kidding! Sounds a little odd though, and what's with the crazy punctuation in his name?
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 10:25 AM   #278
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

What crazy punctuation? I always wanted to play GOD It is a Borzagon, the largest creature in Arda (exept for the Valar)... I shall enter him as soon as I see it suitable...
Old 01-14-2003, 11:10 AM   #279
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
LOL. Yeah, I can just picture what that would be like now.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 11:36 AM   #280
Servant of the Dark Order
Sapling

Arat-Falathion:
I should warn you that tossing in an invincible character to the plot only gives the evil side an excuse to do the same, or to find some way to counter your god-mode character - which probably won't bode well for the other characters. Just a warning.
But, honestly... keeping characters to a reasonable level isn't a bad idea.
Servant of the Dark Order is offline   Reply With Quote