Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 12:14 AM   #261
Midge
Faithful Gardener

As Radagast began to warm up some tea, he also began to talk.

"I must say I was rather surprised to see someone wandering on their own inside the tunnels. How did you end up there, if you don't mind my asking?"

Weighing the options in her mind, between trusting these people who had befriended her and taken her care, and whether or not talking would mean broken Rules, Aerin sighed.

"No," Aerin said, "I don't mind you asking.

"I don't know if I told anyone in the Quickleaf hustle and bustle, but I am a Messenger of the Lady of Lorien. Technically, since she has departed these shores, I am no longer obligated to that particular job, and the Lord has his own Messengers. But a lot of the elves of Lothlorien have been leaving.

"The Lord desired the King of the Woodland Realm to know that he was moving- to Rivendell, to dwell with Elrond's sons. It wasn't necessary and certainly not urgent, but the Lady left shortly after I'd finally finished the training and I'd not had many jobs to do before I was dismissed. I took this one as a courtesy to my Lord, and indirectly, to my Lady.

"I was very good in training- I would have completed it in the shortest amount of time known so far, but for my one flaw: I prefer shortcuts. The Messengers are supposed to take exactly the route planned for them; it is the fastest and safest. Not one or the other, but both.. the fastest most safe route. I, who excelled very much in stealth, could usually find a more dangerous, faster way. I was not given the chance to complete the training as long as they knew they couldn't trust me to stay the course.

"However, this particular unnecessary, un-urgent assignment didn't give me an ordered fastest way. They told me how to get to King Thranduil's realm once I was IN Greenwood. How I got to that point was my own choice.

"I came up the side of Greenwood, instead of going in. I didn't know what I would have to deal with. Once I got in, I found out, and decided that going West, then South would be much quicker if I just went Southwest. I was sleeping in a glade one evening when I saw a silver rodent pass by. I was curious and followed it, quietly, till I stepped in the exact center of the glade. The dirt below me collapsed, and I slid down many feet into the tunnels of Dol Guldur. I was much too close to it than I knew, apparently, and I wasn't even sure of the place's name for a couple of weeks. I am very glad your group found me."
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 06-20-2008, 05:41 AM   #262
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

The light breeze flowed upon the edges of the tent and swung them gently back and forth in the bathing sunlight.
Quickleaf opened his eyes, and sensed the warming air, recovering from the chill of last nights storm. Sitting up he yawned, his skyblue eyes staring into the back of tent, oblivious as to where precisely he was. The voices outside, of the wizard, of Aerin, of Hedrim, and he knew the group was together again. The fellowship was safe. Quickleaf rubbed his eyes, half expecting his sight to return, but to no avail. Still it was pitch black.

Putting his hand out he reached out and touched the tentwall, and he reached out his other hand and yet again.. the tent.
"How do I get out of this thing??" Quickleaf exclaimed half-jokingly, half-pleadingly. He held down his hand to take his water bottle.. but it wasn't there.. and neither was his shirt.
"Wait wait, I don't even know how much clothes I have on!"
Old 06-20-2008, 05:48 AM   #263
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

"That's quite an adventure, "Radagast remarked, rumaging among the wood supplies, trying to find something dry enough to start a fire with. "I suppose you will have to decide then, where you will go now that you're no longer a messenger. In any case, you're free to stay with us until that ankle's better. Haldis will insist on that, I'm sure."

So busy he was with lighting a fire that he hardly noticed someone new had entered the camp. He looked up and said, "Looking for me?" He was somewhat surprised as he hadn't been expecting anyone. She wasn't dressed as the Lórien Elves, so he had no idea why anyone would be looking for him. "My apologies, miss, but I wasn't expecting any visitors here."
Old 06-20-2008, 11:08 AM   #264
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Aelfwine awoke to find herself in her tent. She frowned, not remembering returning to it. She sat up, then realized she had fallen asleep while waiting for the group that had remained in the tunnels to return. She shuddered. Of all the places, it had to be by the entrance into Dol Guldur. Aelfwine streched and exited her tent. By what remained of the fire sat Hedrim and Aerin. Nearby stood Radagast and another elf. The new elf she didn't know. She gathered a few stray sticks and put them on the fire, trying to get it going stronger.
"Did you find Ellysa?" She asked Hedrim. She glanced at the new elf. "Is she one of the Lorien elves?"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 06-20-2008, 11:23 AM   #265
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

After an excited reunion with Ellysa, Nami had promised to tell the girl what had happened to her in Dol Gladur in the morning. Making sure that Quickleaf and the new elf were still asleep Nami had found herself suddenly very tired. Too much excitement she had told herself.

Waking up early but refreshed the next morning she had picked up the empty water holders and headed off to refill them in time for morning tea and breakfast. On the way back, Nami had stopped in a small clearing. The grass shining and the air filled with the smell of wet spring grass. The elf had smiled to her self as she looked around the clearing, nature had a way of bring good even after the storm. New fresh mushrooms had spring up in the aftermath of the storm, Big, fresh and edible! Picking enough to go around the group and then some Nami had taken off her jacket and folded them up in it, making it into a sort of bag.

Smiling as she entered the camp Nami held up her make shift bag and give it a little shake, "Mushrooms!" Walking over to the small gathered group she said her goodmornings.

"Oh...Hello!" She said as she noticed the new arrival. "One more for breakfast?"
Old 06-20-2008, 12:33 PM   #266
Nixie
Hobbit

Nixie was slightly startled by all the commotion at her arrival, but it seemed to be rightly so. She would pay attention to the others after her business was down with Radagast. "Yes, I've come from the call of your letter. You are Radagast, are you not?" She said pulling out a crumpled piece of parchment and holding it out enough for a few to see.

"I was sent this letter and was delayed. But this is not the time for my story, not until I'm sure I am still needed and that you are the one I'm looking for." She felt slightly uncomfortable at the others watching her and listened to their mumbles.

She was slightly caught of guard by the sudden question of breakfast and couldn't help but smile a little. No matter what she could expect of this company at least she knew one of the elves was friendly.

She stretched her hand out further hoping Radagast, or someone! Would take the letter.

~ Beauty From Your Pain
*Coming Soon
Old 06-20-2008, 12:46 PM   #267
Midge
Faithful Gardener

As Aerin sat by the fire, contentedly watching the new elf's welcome and glad the focus was off of her, she heard a slight noise. 'Oh, no! Quickleaf!' she thought, and carefully sprang towards his tent.

"Good morning. I heard you waken. Would you like to come join us outside the tent? Are you feeling better?" She saw a bottle of water near Quickleaf's feet, and picked it up and handed it to him. Squatting down beside sightless elf, she touched his shoulder with her hand, then held it out for him to take if he wanted to get up

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 06-20-2008, 01:57 PM   #268
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Taking the smile to mean yes please for breakfast, Nami smiled and went about getting a pan hot for the mushrooms.

"Morning Aelfwine, Hedrim! Guess what i found this morning?...Well i found a shortcut back to the camp and i found these!" Nami smiled as she set about cutting up the mushrooms. She giggled slightly, "Hehe i guess i found a shortcut to mushrooms!"

A happy Nami sat humming and smiling as the smell of cooking mushrooms filled the camp air. All thoughts of the past day in Dol Gladur gone, Nami felt as if a weight had been lifted from her mind. It was a happy Nami, back to her normal cheerful if childish self who sat cooking breakfast for her fellows,
Old 06-20-2008, 02:18 PM   #269
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

"Yes, said Radagast with a smile. "If you seek Radagast the Brown, then I am most definitely whom you seek." He took the letter from the Elf, not sure what to do with it himself, but the Elf seemed to insist on it.

"Ah yes, Gandalf's letter," he said on recognising the hand-writing. "You've come quite a way then, if you have followed us from Rhosgobel. You are most welcome to join us, miss, our quest has only barely begun although I dare say we're finally getting somewhere. Come have some breakfast with us, I'll tell you what excitement you have missed yesterday and introduce you to the others. Oh, I'm afraid I didn't catch your name."
Old 06-20-2008, 05:45 PM   #270
Nixie
Hobbit

The letter was taken from her hand and her shoulders slumped low in relief when Radagast spoke. "Ah yes, Gandalfs letter!" Nixie smiled and took his offer to sit and eat. She was very eager to meet everyone as she would like to know who she would be traveling with for however long. "I apologize, my name is Nixie, I hail from Rivendell. I was detained many days and thus it was very difficult to track you all. With the storm it made it harder to find you, but this is no time for my story. Radagast, you speak first, then if you desire my story I'll tell it." She said, sitting down and waiting intently to learn of everyone's name and what the group had been up to. She smiled at Nami, waiting patiently for her breakfast.

~ Beauty From Your Pain
*Coming Soon
Old 06-20-2008, 05:58 PM   #271
orithil
Captain Jack

"Yes we did find Elyssa" Hedrim assured Aelfwine. He turned his attention back to the new elf "Ah yes, Gandalfs letter!" Hedrim heard Radagast say. He morning to Nami who was even more cheerful then she usally was. Hedrim thought it may be best to let Radagast speak first.

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:38 PM   #272
Coffeehouse

Taking Aerin's outreached hand Quickleaf rose up and out of the tent he was, standing in the sunlight that he could not see, listening to voices from people he could not see, yet he felt good, the air was warming and he had slept well.
Quickleaf put his hand on Aerin's shoulder and whispered to her if she could perhaps help him over to the others without him turning the camp upside down..
Old 06-21-2008, 06:54 PM   #273
Midge
Faithful Gardener

At Quickleaf's whispered request, Aerin situated her arm around Quickleaf's torso in a way that would allow her easy steering. She walked with him over to the edge of the group, close to the fire, but not close enough that he would march right into the middle of everything. Aerin figured the last thing Quickleaf needed was pity from everyone else. They eased down onto the grass near where Aerin had been sitting before.

The new elf still held everyone's attention. Apparently she'd been invited on this venture. 'Oh...' thought Aerin. 'These people were chosen to come. In that case, I certainly do not belong, though I'd like some excitement like this. The Lady left too soon for me; I feel too young to depart yet. I wonder if the chances of me joining this venture are still any at all...'

She leaned over and quietly told Quickleaf:
"No doubt you hear a voice that is strange to you. A new elf walked brazenly into your camp this morning, bearing a letter from Gandalf. I doubt it truly is a letter from he, for he has long left these shores... with my Lady years ago, in fact. Do you still have your letter of invitation? Do you know why you were chosen to come?"

She leaned back into the grass and awaited his answer.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:34 PM   #274
Amael
Elven Warrior

"Ingwionis, we have a new journeyer it seems! I shall have to introduce myself."
Old 06-22-2008, 04:05 AM   #275
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

With the mushrooms cooked Nami plated up the breakfast and set about giving out plates while still leaving some food for the fellows still sleeping.

Setting a plate into the new elfs hands Nami smiled her welcome, she would talk to the elf later when tales had been told. Nami couldnot help laughing slightly at the thought of all the elfs they kept finding.

Coming to the edge of the camp Nami approached Quickleaf and Aerin.

"Breakfast is served!" she beamed as she placed the plates into waiting hands. "You look better today Quickleaf, how are you feeling?"
Old 06-22-2008, 06:37 PM   #276
Coffeehouse

Sitting down in the grass with Aerin, Quickleaf looked ahead, trying to imagine where who sat and where in the camp he himself was. He imagined bright colours, and green grass as fresh as the swiftly rising sun. He now heard a new voice, of an elf that had just arrived. He tried to make out where she sat, but they were sitting not very far apart and so distinguishing was hard.
Hearing Nami's cheerful voice Quickleaf smiled up to where he thought she stood and greatfully received the food. He was starving. Not caring about the pain in his eyes, nor the wound.
Quickleaf turned to Aerin and looked into black oblivion, at her, as she asked.
"Far into the north I was Aerin, traveling the woods of northern Greenwood. I have been roaming for four years now, quelling the few dangers that still lurk in this forest, save Dol Guldur where I have not dared venture alone. I came upon this company not long ago, a few weeks back. The quest Radaghast has set out upon is noble, and it is worthy, and it is my pleasure to help" Quickleaf smiled blindly at the elven maid from Lorien. "It would please my heart if you too joined" and so Quickleaf picked up the food Nami had given him and ate slowly.

He had caught the name of the new elf, Nixie, it was unknown to him, but she appeared to be from Rivendell, and that was good news. A skillful society of elves. Asking Aerin where she sat, Quickleaf looked in the direction of Nixie and bowed his head "Saesa omentien lle."
Old 06-22-2008, 09:30 PM   #277
Midge
Faithful Gardener

"Then you were not invited?" Aerin asked, not daring to believe that she might still join this motley crew in their venture. She hardly had the wits to think of anything else, as food was offered her and she quietly accepted. The company was still preoccupied by the new elf, who (it seemed) was from Rivendell. But Aerin, as she sat there by Quickleaf, was in thoughts of her own.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:38 AM   #278
Coffeehouse

There was doubt in Aerin's voice, and no mistake, she was right, he had not joined the company from the start.
She feared, perhaps, that she would need to return back to Lorien, travelling alone, tired of the solitude the blackness of Dol Guldur had offered her.
But Quickleaf was sure Radaghast would invite her along. Her eyes and ears, and skills needed. Especially now that he himself was blinded.. for however long..
Quickleaf sighed, he held no love for the dark he now sat in.

He tried imagining the camp, the people, Radaghast, Nami, Aelfwine, Hedrim.. but their faces were clear and blurry at the same time and Quickleaf felt trapped. Wanting to visualise, desperate not to see the images of the world fade in his memory, Quickleaf turned to Aerin.. "What do you look like?"
Old 06-23-2008, 09:53 AM   #279
Mari
Elf Lady

Ellysa woke up to the sound of people talking. Disoriented she looked up at the tent roof. It wasn't her tent, so who had honoured her by sharing?
She thought back to the previous night when they had gotten out of Dol Guldur. She remembered seeing Nami, but she couldn't remember much else. She had been so tired.

Slowly she crawled out of the tent and stretched a bit. She noticed Abasi sitting on the ground sharpening his knifes. He seemed to be alone so Ellysa decided to walk over. She didn't notice Tabril until she got a bit closer, but didn't change direction.
"Good morning Abasi, Tabril. How are you today?"

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...

Last edited by Mari : 06-23-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:08 AM   #280
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Abasi stopped sharpening his t'rai abruptly and looked up at her for a moment before lowering his eyes back to his weapon and sliding it hastily into his belt.

'I am well. We will move on soon? I see little point in remaining here. Did you find the Mysteries you sought?'

~The Lay of Leithian
Closed Thread