FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 04:42 PM   #261
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirrim TR
howd you know i play the guitar? (though i've never played soothingly) anyway i digress, can i use my guitar as a bow?
Of course u may, this is FOUND!, not LOST!
Old 10-12-2005, 04:50 PM   #262
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

hmm interesting, i've never actually seen lost but this must be a parody of it, how interesting, gotta go makes some arrows
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:25 PM   #263
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Does anyone else here find themselves getting high off of good roleplaying?

Seriously, it's like the adrenaline rush one gets while performing in a succesful piece of live theater. Or maybe I'm just weird.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 10-12-2005, 07:54 PM   #264
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

hmm...interesting comparison, i've never actually been in live theater,but i assume that your adrenaline would rush. i team rope and do some rodeo so my adrenaline rushes are a little hard for me to compare to an online rpg, but there are some great writers in the rpg threads (myself not included)
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:05 PM   #265
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

The comparison works because of the ensemble aspects of both activities. It's the anticipatory feeling of playing one's part and constantly remaining alert so as to be able to react to whatever your fellow player/actors do without hesitating or breaking character. Due to the slower pace of a role-play, the theatrical 'rush' gets stretched out into a constant buzz. It's really a very strange sensation.

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 10-12-2005, 08:17 PM   #266
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Yeah, that's true. I love RPing. It's not so nice when my RPGs start to die, (i.e., Battle for Middle Earth, War on Gondor 2, Orc Wars-as you can see, I have interesting taste.)
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 10-12-2005, 08:24 PM   #267
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Ciao, Willow! Hmm. Comparing role-playing to drugs. Well, for ME it feels tremendous just to be not only writing, but interacting with other writers inside a story, and also I really dig on being read, you know? I get great happiness and encouragement from having been read and liked by other writers, with whom I'm collaborating on a single, fantasy project. I get the "high" whenever I happen to have a "muse-struck" moment, and have been able to pound out a particularly good post, and I can feel that it was a good one; THAT is definitely a rush. Doesn't happen as often as I'd like, but I suppose the more one writes, the more often inspiration and skill are likely to strike simultaneously. I'm actually cooling off on our RPG not only because of my LOOOOONG house-move, and not having my home computer forthe time being, but also because so few of the other writers actually ever interact with me. I only get Crazy Squirrel and TD and Shah, for the most part; no one else ever interacts with me & my Viv. It's really disheartening, to tell you the truth. Ah, well.

How's everybody doin' in here at the Teacup, lately? I'm missing you all, especially trolls' bane, Shah, Spock & Rian. I'm missing ALL you guys, lately, actually. Even that dynamic duo of bad-taste-in-music-havin' guys Curubethion & Rohirrim TR!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 10-12-2005, 08:53 PM   #268
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

You'll get more interaction once the classes start.

And theater and roleplaying are drugs of a sort, it's thanks to them that I've never been remotely tempted by the sorts of drugs.

I just called Shah and she isn't answering her phone at the moment, probably eating dinner right now to judge by the time...

Neh.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 10-12-2005, 09:04 PM   #269
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Heehee, don't hate us cuz we rock! (And so does the K )
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 10-12-2005, 09:37 PM   #270
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

What was that hatin' you were tossing the Angels' way, the other day, C? Oh yeah, don't pretend like you don't know what I'm Tolkien about, buddy! Because after your hatin' the Angels went on to beat not only the Yankees (thank Melkor) but the White Sox, as well. TAKE THAT, my fellow hater! And don't be tryna tell me "oh, I don't hate on ANYthing; Lotesse you oughtn't hate so much" BTW, relient k SUX!!

Anybody want a triple caramel macchiato? I'm at a really cool internet cafe tonight, for a few expensive minutes, and they made me two of these so far boy HOWDY I'm feelin' the caffeine now!!! Yee- haw!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 10-12-2005, 10:21 PM   #271
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Yip! *drinks iced venti vanilla latte*

I'm still here, but our times don't seem to meet up lately (wierd, considering that for the past few months they have no matter what!).

Oh, BY THE WAY...I'll be right back on. I must go eat chicken. (What the hell am I talking about!? It's true, but why the smilie!? BRB.)
Old 10-13-2005, 05:08 AM   #272
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

lotesse:
Quote:
Ciao, Willow! Hmm. Comparing role-playing to drugs. Well, for ME it feels tremendous just to be not only writing, but interacting with other writers inside a story, and also I really dig on being read, you know? I get great happiness and encouragement from having been read and liked by other writers, with whom I'm collaborating on a single, fantasy project. I get the "high" whenever I happen to have a "muse-struck" moment, and have been able to pound out a particularly good post, and I can feel that it was a good one; THAT is definitely a rush. Doesn't happen as often as I'd like, but I suppose the more one writes, the more often inspiration and skill are likely to strike simultaneously. I'm actually cooling off on our RPG not only because of my LOOOOONG house-move, and not having my home computer forthe time being, but also because so few of the other writers actually ever interact with me. I only get Crazy Squirrel and TD and Shah, for the most part; no one else ever interacts with me & my Viv. It's really disheartening, to tell you the truth. Ah, well.

well, it's only a temporary blip, as willow says ... i felt the same earlier in the game. Once classes start and Viv can then interact with all the characters: that'll change why not have lomi interect with boomerang meantime?

or given the chance and i'm actually around .. Viv and constable BB might meet up soon

best BB
Old 10-13-2005, 08:59 AM   #273
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf
Of course u may, this is FOUND!, not LOST!

Further roles in FOUND!:

Troll's Bane as the Slightly Obese Guy

Spock as the Bad Guy But Really Good Guy Who's Really a Bad Guy But Good Guy At Heart.

Butterbeer as The Korean Couple

Willow Oran as the Highly Pregnant Woman

Pytt as the Physics Teacher

The Last Sane Person as The Step Brother of the Young Head-strong Woman

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 10-13-2005 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:27 AM   #274
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

Haha, nice GW

Ah, I'm going a Lotr Maraton tonight. Maybe a slightly bad idea, since it's school tomorrow, and the maraton lasts until 5 am. But it will be very cool I think.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:10 PM   #275
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

Hmmm, this used to be the place for good vittles and beverages. I'd love LOVE cold glass of milk, a Tuna sandwhich (miricle whip/no relish!), and some baked lays chips for a mid-day meal.....errr, lunch if you will.....ppppplease?

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!
Old 10-13-2005, 12:14 PM   #276
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Willow Oran and Curubethion as the Black Man And His Son
That'd be interesting, seeing as I'm female and very, very pale.

I really need some relaxing tea right now, had a poetry recitation in english class, (chose to recite the Highwayman.)

and a presentation in women's studies.

Suffice to say my nerves are in tatters. The girl sitting next to me in english told me I got so tense while reciting that she was afraid I'd pass out. Probably not a good thing that...

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 10-13-2005, 01:49 PM   #277
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

You've always been a bundle of nerves...Gotten a lil better, but still! And yes, you do have a shakey voice when reciting things in class, as i remember...rather cute, actually.

*starts the pastries, cakes and tea/coffee going* Hmm, Metaphorical Foods Inc needs a partner...We are working in tandem with the Teacup, but I cant be here all the time...*calls up Rian* Hey, you mind becoming a partner in the company?
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:17 PM   #278
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Oran
That'd be interesting, seeing as I'm female and very, very pale.
Hope the change to the below cast is satisfactory.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 10-13-2005 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:20 PM   #279
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf
Further roles in FOUND!:

Troll's Bane as the Slightly Obese Guy

Spock as the Bad Guy But Really Good Guy Who's Really a Bad Guy But Good Guy At Heart.

Butterbeer as The Korean Couple

Pytt as the Physics Teacher

The Last Sane Person as The Step Brother of the Young Head-strong Woman

...anyone here who wants to be the Black Man And His Son?
Additions and changes is done. What think ye?

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 10-13-2005 at 02:24 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:27 PM   #280
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
And yes, you do have a shakey voice when reciting things in class, as i remember...rather cute, actually.
My voice was fine, it was the rest of me that was decidely shakey.

Quote:

No comment.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Closed Thread