Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-06-2005, 07:23 PM   #261
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

lol TB! So when the design is final are you going to post it and tell us how much it will be. I might have to acualy start saving money

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:45 AM   #262
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

We could nave a on cam (home) viewing by some of our more, curvy members.... that should bring a lot of members on line.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:11 AM   #263
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
We could nave a on cam (home) viewing by some of our more, curvy members.... that should bring a lot of members on line.

Ummm just to clarify, guys (and I do mean -guys-. As in MEN), Spock means one of our more curvy -female- members. Like a chick. If you're a curvy guy... well... we just don't want to know.

Thank yew.

-Tessar

Ban them! Ban them! Ban them ALLLLLLLL! Shhhhhhhhhhhhh! Not so loud, my precious! They will hear! Ban! Ban!

<.< ..... >.> .... O.o *sneaks off*
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 11:17 AM   #264
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Thanks, "T"....shudders to think of the misperception.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:58 AM   #265
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Alright. I want my Entmoot T NOW! I was planning on wearing it by the end of winter break. And I better get it or I swear, I'll unplug Spock's telescreens so Big Ears is'nt Watching You! And I'll Ban them! Ban them all! Buwhahaaa!!!
Old 12-07-2005, 12:13 PM   #266
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Actually, my preference is LCD hung on the wall; I just can't afford one.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:51 PM   #267
trolls' bane

Now I've got to create a thread in Star Wars asking for a Max Rebo or Modal Nodes shirt. That would be cool.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:29 AM   #268
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

*bump*

Okay, in the Cafe, Trolls' Bane said he'd like to make a shirt out of the cafe picture I'm drawing.

Then I thought, hey, I'd really like one too!

Would anyone else be interested in one? We could work out the details about shirt printing and stuff if there's enough interest.

If you want, I could add Entmoot to it and the url. There's a T-shirt printing place near my house... hm...

Mods and Mooters, what do you think? I welcome to all ideas and comments about any of this (logistics, intellectual ownership, money, etc).

Possible challenges:
- I drew God from Monty Python and the Holy Grail as the Mod-God in the picture. I don't really own that part of the drawing, do I? Would this be okay if I didn't make any money off the shirts? I don't care about making money off the project anyway, I just want a shirt.
- If I was to be the one printing the shirts, through CafePress or whatever, I wouldn't getting any shirts printed without having received payment first. Is that how it works? I wouldn't risk being out of pocket any money on the project. However, by sending me (or CafePress) a cheque, you'd be out some money until you got your shirt.
I can promise though, that I wouldn't screw you over. I'm staking my reputation as a long-standing Mooter, and your acting President, on my word!
- Um... how would this work anyway? Are we even allowed?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 12:33 AM   #269
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Bmilder has yet to put up the t-shirt..... I've reminded him 2-3 times within the past month or two. Next time he is back here in NJ I'll force him to do it.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 12:39 AM   #270
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
*bump*

Okay, in the Cafe, Trolls' Bane said he'd like to make a shirt out of the cafe picture I'm drawing.

Then I thought, hey, I'd really like one too!

Would anyone else be interested in one? We could work out the details about shirt printing and stuff if there's enough interest.

If you want, I could add Entmoot to it and the url. There's a T-shirt printing place near my house... hm...

Mods and Mooters, what do you think? I welcome to all ideas and comments about any of this (logistics, intellectual ownership, money, etc).

Possible challenges:
- I drew God from Monty Python and the Holy Grail as the Mod-God in the picture. I don't really own that part of the drawing, do I? Would this be okay if I didn't make any money off the shirts? I don't care about making money off the project anyway, I just want a shirt.
- If I was to be the one printing the shirts, through CafePress or whatever, I wouldn't getting any shirts printed without having received payment first. Is that how it works? I wouldn't risk being out of pocket any money on the project. However, by sending me (or CafePress) a cheque, you'd be out some money until you got your shirt.
I can promise though, that I wouldn't screw you over. I'm staking my reputation as a long-standing Mooter, and your acting President, on my word!
- Um... how would this work anyway? Are we even allowed?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
I trust you with my money, but I dont' have a check, my dad certainly wouldn't, and we'd have to go through a bunch of currency exchanges, out-of-county postal issues, etcetera.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:45 AM   #271
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Maybe there's some way we could take money orders for it. I'll do some more research into methods of printing.

No cash. That just would not work. Cash in the mail is a bad idea. (It's not hard to get foreign money, it is hard to send any cash. )
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 03-12-2006, 12:54 AM   #272
trolls' bane

Quote:
Maybe there's some way we could take money orders for it. I'll do some more research into methods of printing.

No cash. That just would not work. Cash in the mail is a bad idea. (It's not hard to get foreign money, it is hard to send any cash. )
Oh.
All I need to know about checks I learned from Catch Me If You Can.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:54 AM   #273
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Here is the plan:

Bmilder will put up all the agreed upon Entmoot t-shirt designs onto a cafe press account that he creates - just like the Tolkien Trail Merchandise Cafe Press page. Tolkien Trail Signature Shop

Then all will be able to trust buying from it. And all money made off of it (what they give like $2 for each sale, something kinda like that?) would go towards the upkeep of entmoot.

We'd rather you guys not set up your own Cafe Press or whatever else - because that wouldn't be helping entmoot and someone would be making money off of it.

So bear with the slowness please.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 12:56 AM   #274
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOBBIT
Here is the plan:
Bmilder will put up all the agreed upon Entmoot t-shirt designs onto a cafe press account that he creates - just like the Tolkien Trail Merchandise Cafe Press page.
Then all will be able to trust buying from it. And all money made off of it (what they give like $2 for each sale, something kinda like that?) would go towards the upkeep of entmoot.
We'd rather you guys not set up your own Cafe Press or whatever else - because that wouldn't be helping entmoot and someone would be making money off of it.
So bear with the slowness please.
No hurry. But I want my shirt NOW!!! ( )
Old 03-12-2006, 01:02 AM   #275
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Sure HOBBIT. It seems that you can set your own markup (the money you make off CafePress's base price), so you could set it at 2$. I'd be happy to give you that to pay for the server space the Teacup undoubtably occupies.

I'd send you the design then, when it's done. I downloaded the template for the front of the "value T-shirt".

Edit:

A PNG file seems like the best format. No loss, not too large, and it doesn't get all messy with compression.

Also, TB asked about payment methods: linkage
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-12-2006 at 01:04 AM.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:09 AM   #276
trolls' bane

Quote:
Sure HOBBIT. It seems that you can set your own markup (the money you make off CafePress's base price), so you could set it at 2$. I'd be happy to give you that to pay for the server space the Teacup undoubtably occupies.

I'd send you the design then, when it's done. I downloaded the template for the front of the "value T-shirt".

Edit:

A PNG file seems like the best format. No loss, not too large, and it doesn't get all messy with compression.

Also, TB asked about payment methods: linkage
Okay...
Old 07-25-2006, 11:01 AM   #277
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Any news about the T-shirt?
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:17 PM   #278
Huorn
Elven Warrior

The Tolkientrail stuff is cute. Reminds me of my high school days.

Just call me Oakie
Huorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:21 PM   #279
trolls' bane

*sly look*
Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
Old 07-27-2006, 09:45 PM   #280
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entwife_Oak
The Tolkientrail stuff is cute. Reminds me of my high school days.
I'm certainly relieved that the "Classic Thong" style is MADE IN THE USA.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote