Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-28-2004, 09:11 AM   #241
Ella Nyneve
Hobbit

Strider

It wouldn't matter to me. I'd just travel. I'd be like Gandalf, spending time everywhere. I'd probably stay in Rivendell first, then head to Erebor, spending some time Dale & Esgaroth. After that, I'd head to Mirkwood (Yay! Legolas!), before going to Lothlórien (Just as good! Haldir!), before heading off to Rohan. Then I'd stop at Gondor, followed by a trip to Ithilien. Finally, to round out the trip, I'd go north to the Shire, making sure to stop in at Tuckburough, Buckland, Hobbiton, and most other towns, drop by Bree, then head to the Grey Havens. I like to travel, don't I?

"I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t. They kept going because they were holding on to something." "What're we holding onto, Sam?" "That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it’s worth fighting for."~ Frodo & Sam, LotR:TTT

"Madame Gaston, can't you just see it? Madame Gaston, his little wife! No sir! Not me! I guarantee it! I want much more than this provincial life! I want adventure in the great, wide SOMEWHERE. I want it more than I can tell. And for once it might be grand, to have someone... understand. I want so much more than they've got planned..."~ Belle, Beauty & The Beast

Last edited by Ella Nyneve : 03-01-2004 at 07:13 PM.
Ella Nyneve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 06:15 PM   #242
Katie of the Golden Wood
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by Ella Nyneve
It wouldn't matter to me. I'd just travel. I'd be like Gandalf, spending time everywhere. I'd probably stay in Rivendell first, then head to Erebor, spending some time Dale & Esgaroth. After that, I'd head to Mirkwood (Yay! Legolas!), before going to Lothlórien (Just as good! Haldir!), before heading off to Rohan. Then I'd stop at Gondor, followed by a trip to Ithilien. Finally, to round out the trip, I'd go north to the Shire, making sure to stop in at Tuckburough, Buckland, Hobbiton, and most other towns, drop by Bree, then head to the Grey Havens. I like to travel, don't I?
Good idea! I'd probably wander too, I'm one of those people who want to go everywhere and see everything. But I'd probably settle at the Grey Havens, because I've always been in love with the Sea.

Katie
Katie of the Golden Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 03:18 AM   #243
Aldhelm
Sapling

I would live in Mirkwood or Rohan.
Aldhelm is offline   Reply With Quote