Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 05:57 PM   #241
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

I thought Leroy was a lion. Sure have missed stuff. *run, and hide under a table, hoping Leroy got partly blinded by the snowball* Lotesse you dolt! Why did you duck? And I fart in Dragazzos general direction, see how he takes that!
Old 11-29-2005, 05:59 PM   #242
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Leroy is a LIGER!

A lion tiger, look at the pic in my siggy. You are lucky, for dragazzo is kinda wiped out after his little kinstrife. I may have to separate the two to prevent a kinslaying!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:00 PM   #243
Pytt

Ahhh. Now I see. But he's still a chicken. Maybe he's a Chliger?
Old 11-29-2005, 06:07 PM   #244
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Leroy is above being miffed at people for trying to bait him. He's well aware of his own powerful abilities, and doesn't want to pounce upon & kill folks just for calling him a chigler, but if I were you, I'd hope & pray he didn't overhear you saying that, all the same! I for one would never call Leroy a chigler, because it's never a bright idea to tempt fate.

Dragazzo! *weary dragon lifts head up from pillow. "what," he says grumpily.* Can you spit a snowball or iceball or something over there at Pytt? *Dragazzo lacklusterly hawks up a little iceball and thwerks it in Pytt's general direction, then lets head drop back down onto pillow. Iceball falls like a foot from Pytt. No trajectory at all.* O.K., nobody laugh at my dragon' he's had a hard day.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 11-29-2005, 06:15 PM   #245
Pytt

So, that foul dragon is yours? Since the thing is to get themselves animals, maybe I shall fetch my hippo from the zoo? If Tessar hasn't stolen it again, that is. Yeah, I think I will. Then I don't have to fear that liger, or that wannabesnowdragon.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:21 PM   #246
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Foul dragon? Dragazzo is not foul!! What's the matter with you? He's a little gentleman, very clean and cool, not foul at all. And Obnavat is a scholar. A gentleman and a scholar.
And if you start bringing in all those crazy animals up from the zoo, there's gonna be an animal riot in here. It was bad enough the other day when all those kangaroos came 'round; why just a couple days ago another one somehow got up here, got into the absinthe, and jumped in the pool all high and freaked out. Thank eru he didn't break any of our fine art sculptures we've got here at the Teacup, what with all that mad boinging about. Why do you think we brought in Leroy? SECURITY. We've hired him to keep the crazies and zoo-escapees at bay. And to keep a handle on the manic random star wars episodes.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:23 PM   #247
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Haven't been here in ages. Can I have a hot chocolate please Lotesse (or has the management changed again?)
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 11-29-2005, 06:26 PM   #248
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Yeah, we installed a hot chocolate tap onto the big espresso machine, we've literally got it on tap now to accomodate everyone during the chilly winter season. Help yourself! There's freshly whipped cream in the fridge, and baby marshmallows in the cupboard next to the fridge, if you lik those in your cocoa.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:46 PM   #249
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

*Helps self to giant mug of hot chocolate*

Yum.

Squigie is a fun word. My brain is well on its way to being fried. Two english classes and we're workshopping essays in one, and in the other we're moving into to workshopping our ten-page short stories, which would be a lot less daunting if there weren't close to twenty people in the class...

Oy. Must also remember to ask roommate to take me to the grocery store tomorrow.

*ducks a snowball* But none of that really matters right now. Isn't that wonderful...
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 11-29-2005, 06:47 PM   #250
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

What is "squigie?" It sounds like a nickname for an octopus.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:55 PM   #251
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

I think it's one of those window cleaning scraper thingys, you know, with the rubber edge? It seems like it should refer to something more interesting... it's a fun word all the same.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 11-29-2005, 07:11 PM   #252
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Squeegie! Yes, fun word. Have you ever heard the thing what they say the combination of the words "cellar door" is supposed to be one of the most beautiful verbal sounds, or something? Total brain fart, canNOT remember where i heard or read this from. Cellar door. Squeegie props open a cellar door.

I think I'm gonna make myself an Irish coffee.

Old 11-29-2005, 07:43 PM   #253
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion Magdalena
I think it's one of those window cleaning scraper thingys, you know, with the rubber edge? It seems like it should refer to something more interesting... it's a fun word all the same.
squeegy is also what they use to slick water or sweat off of a horse (same concept tho)

how is everyone? god, i have to get back here more often!

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:47 PM   #254
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Squeegies are also used to mop up water off tennis courts. You just can't play tennis properly on a wet court. No end to their usefulness, these squeegies.

Where are Dragazzo and Obnovat, those cute little guys? I have a bone for each of you! Come on out now!
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 11-29-2005, 07:57 PM   #255
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I'm not sure where Obnavat went this afternoon, but Dragazzo's over there on the couch with a headache, tryna heal up all his little post-fight-with-big-brother cuts and scratches. He's feeling a bit Eeyore-ish today, poor baby. He doesn't even feel up to spitting proper iceballs at people. Under the weather. Plus, he's mad at me 'cause I caught him smokin weed out on the patio earlier with some Eurotrash kids and he tries to tell me it was hand rolled tobacco. Teenagers. Please, I wasn't born yesterday. Then, his brother just trounces him. He's grounded for a while; no more hollywood hills eurotrash parties 'til he promises to quit smokin' the chronic. And he wonders how come his growth got stunted! Unbelieveable.

Old 11-29-2005, 11:08 PM   #256
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
It's a real brisk afternoon today in L.A., I mean brisk for this area. O.K., not really "brisk." Just a tiny bit brisk. Like 62 degrees Fahrenheit, or maybe I'm exaggerating, maybe it's 64. Well, it's brisk to me! I may have to put my beanie on, in adition to my hoodie. Keeping the head warm makes the whole body warm, I've noticed - head and feet. If head & feet are warm, the rest seems to follow.
Hey! This was not int he job description! LA is like twenty degrees warmer than here, unelss you are referring to midday, in which case it is warmer here.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:22 PM   #257
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Well, what's it like right now, where you're at? It's seven at night over here and way warmer than it was when I made that there post. Right now it's like 64 degrees or something. Nice! But it was a foggy late afternoon. Oh, what am I bitching about; the weather in L.A. is almost always phenomenal. I do love L.A.

I'm making grilled salmon burgurs tonight out on the Teacup patio, with Cotes-du-Rhone to drink with them. Gorgeous evening. The pool's heated, too, so anybody can swim. I brought in a huge telescope, too, so people can comet-watch and stargaze or whatever. Had you in mind when I got it, trolls' bane!

Old 11-29-2005, 11:26 PM   #258
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Well, what's it like right now, where you're at? It's seven at night over here and way warmer than it was when I made that there post. Right now it's like 64 degrees or something. Nice! But it was a foggy late afternoon. Oh, what am I bitching about; the weather in L.A. is almost always phenomenal. I do love L.A.

I'm making grilled salmon burgurs tonight out on the Teacup patio, with Cotes-du-Rhone to drink with them. Gorgeous evening. The pool's heated, too, so anybody can swim. I brought in a huge telescope, too, so people can comet-watch and stargaze or whatever. Had you in mind when I got it, trolls' bane!
Perfect, and upon an anonymous suggestion *sinister plot*, I brought these Ysalmiri! But good. Howabout we use one of those old Coruscanti constrcution droids to build an observatory on the Cafe roof. It's out in space anyway. Maybe we should rent out a section of the building for a space elevator...hmmm...
*shuts up and gazes at the Pleiades open cluster through the telescope*
Old 11-30-2005, 02:35 PM   #259
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

*Throws snowball at Pytt*
I love snow! don't get it very often. maybe 2 or 3 days a year maybe when Dragazzo is ungrounded we can have a snow ball fight!

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 11-30-2005, 03:47 PM   #260
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

Hrmph. It has stopped snowing here, now it's raining. I prefer snow. >:/ *grumbles* And prefer days without tests.

*spots newly-installed hot choco tap on espresso machine; heads towars it, grabbing a mug on her way* Ooh. I'm such a chocolate addict in these wintery times. *curls up in chair, sipping her drink*