Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-02-2004, 09:58 PM   #241
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Ok Rad ...I think Myrtle's bathroom was *used up* in Chamber of Secrets. I really don't think anyone wants to hang out in there anymore.

As far as the port key dissappearances, It's got to stay with Muggle borns, if Luna is not Muggle born, she shouldn't dissappear.

Also, why did Cho quit, and who is this new person? Harry could be defeated without changing players. Everyone has "off" days....

Maybe the prom could be an April Fools prom? Or a British holiday, or an unusual wizard/witch holiday that would be fun and interesting for a spring semester prom? A costume affair would be nice!

I have a hard time seeing Hermione (who captivated the uber macho Victor Krum in a previous year) going with the weeney Justin-Finch Fletchly! May as well have her going to the dance with Dobby!

Last edited by Lizra : 09-02-2004 at 10:01 PM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 07:43 AM   #242
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirigorn
Yay!! Sounds good...

About the chapters...first things first...I know you have a different copy so it's not your fault, but it's Hermione not Hermioni and Myrtle not Mirtle... and I think it's Justin Finch-Fletchly and Hannah Abbott but I'm not sure about those. Sorry for being so nit-picky.

Is Luna muggle-born? No...her father is the editor of a wizarding magazine, the Quibbler. So now it's not just muggleborns anymore? That sounds fine. Hmm....in the Chamber....that's cool. But why can't Harry get in?

~Siri~
No, I read it in Hebrew, so I don't know how to spell them in English. I knew something is wrong in them though.

I think she is, and IO didn't really think about it. It makes sense that Voldemort wouldn't only be against muggle-borns though. For me at least.

About the Chamber of secrets, he can't get in because someone locked it, I'ds suggest you-know-who. ( )Just so Harry won't be able to get in and spy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea
Those sound good, but I want to mention that the mirror was repaired in the early chapters already. Maybe they can be using it, if Hermione is in Myrtle's bathroom, so Harry and Ron won't get caught in there or something?
I don't know. I didn't find any use to the mirrors, I wanted to put them. They seem quite unuseful to me.

Well, do you know any other entrance to the Chamber of Secrets?

Don't know why Cho quitted. I need to think about it. And the new person is just the Ravenclaw seeker, why should he be somehow special? I just don't find a good name. Let's say he's young, like 2nd year.

Quite frankly, I simply randomly opened the book and tried to find names of students from Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. Choose other people for Ron and Hermione, if you want.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 08:46 AM   #243
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Glad you gave it so much thought Rad!
About the chamber of secrects....I sort of thought it might have been destroyed or rendered useless (to Voldemort) after Harry killed the Basilisk there, in the second book. It's certainly not "secret" anymore, and since it IS on Hogwarts property, I can't imagine Dumbledore and company allowing it to continue to be a meeting place for aficionados of the dark arts! ....Maybe the missing muggleborns could be languishing in Malfoys basement! Harry and crew could even figure out a way using floo powder to get there and rescue the muggleborns.....Harry could go there once, and give one of the more coherent MB's one of the mirrors.....and then when the DE's were busy doing something else (perhaps with the giant revolt/invasion of the magic forrest outside of Hogwarts ) the trio could be alerted by two way mirror, and hit the Malfoy basement.... rescueing the MBs and picking up a few valuable artifacts...maybe even something key to Voldemort's final downfall in the last book (that hand maybe that's the "hand" mentioned in the prophecy! )

I'll drink more coffee and return....Love you Radagast!

Last edited by Lizra : 09-03-2004 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:27 AM   #244
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Love yah too, Lizra. (first time I heard your name, it reminded me of a lizard, btw. )

But.... (you did it first )

I don't like the story that much... Sorry. I don't like the place, that's all... sounds unlikely that it would be in the Slytherin's... club? As there are good Slytherins as well, note the Slytherin girl in DA.
I don't think the Chamber of Secrets is the place though - as you can understand from what I wrote, because the attacks continued, even after it was "sealed'".

We do need to decide about the bad guy from the inside that helps Voldemort. Maybe it would be Chaudry, after all he should leave in the end of the year.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:02 PM   #245
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizra
Glad you gave it so much thought Rad!
About the chamber of secrects....I sort of thought it might have been destroyed or rendered useless (to Voldemort) after Harry killed the Basilisk there, in the second book. It's certainly not "secret" anymore, and since it IS on Hogwarts property, I can't imagine Dumbledore and company allowing it to continue to be a meeting place for aficionados of the dark arts! ....Maybe the missing muggleborns could be languishing in Malfoys basement! Harry and crew could even figure out a way using floo powder to get there and rescue the muggleborns.....Harry could go there once, and give one of the more coherent MB's one of the mirrors.....and then when the DE's were busy doing something else (perhaps with the giant revolt/invasion of the magic forrest outside of Hogwarts ) the trio could be alerted by two way mirror, and hit the Malfoy basement.... rescueing the MBs and picking up a few valuable artifacts...maybe even something key to Voldemort's final downfall in the last book (that hand maybe that's the "hand" mentioned in the prophecy! )

I don't think that Voldemort will fall in the seventh book I reckon JK will write more after that.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 05:34 PM   #246
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

He better! I'm sick of his snake bum!
Old 09-03-2004, 05:41 PM   #247
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I actually think he will. No way she's going to keep him in the story. And remember the prophecy- they can't live much time together.
I also think she'd continue writing the story. With another evil guy, I think...
Old 09-03-2004, 08:33 PM   #248
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

I think he'll die too. And she's not planning to write more Harry Potter stuff after this...but of course I hope she will. Goodness knows the fans would love it... but they'd also love it if she wrote something else. I personally think she should take a break from HP. As long as she writes something else just as good...I can't really explain why, I just do...

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 04:41 AM   #249
thranduil
Elven Warrior

jk rowling said she was not planning on writing anything after the seventh book. but said she isnt going to promise she wont cuz, the second she makes a promise she usually breaks it,(or something to that effect).

and there has too be some reason why s.p.e.w. is in the book so much, so i imagine something big is going to happen relating to spew. (even though i really dislike it)
Old 09-04-2004, 03:11 PM   #250
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

thranduil, are you joining us? We'll be happy to have you!

I think you're right about S.P.E.W....

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
Old 09-04-2004, 03:14 PM   #251
Telcontar_Dunedain

Yeah maybe Hermione will get an army of house elves to help fight th DE's.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 09-04-2004, 03:34 PM   #252
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

No way.

I can't think of any importance it can have. I do agree though... and I also dislike it. That's why I dislike Hermione too. Used to like her, more than Ron anyway.
Old 09-04-2004, 05:13 PM   #253
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Yeah, I don't like it much either....but I do think that there will be something big with it. But I do not think that they would form an army.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 09-04-2004, 07:31 PM   #254
thranduil
Elven Warrior

here is something interesting, but it probably doesnt mean anything. But JK Rowling may have been foreshadowing when she wrote about the Fountain Of Magical Brethern. If you recall or read again, she went into great detail with the witch, wizard, goblin, and centaur all trying to stop voldemort and help dumbledore. All of them are injured or destroyed. Except the house elf. The house elf didn't recieve one dent. Or give any help to the "good" side. This could be a foreshadowing of some sort. But most likely is just coincidence.
Old 09-05-2004, 04:22 PM   #255
Telcontar_Dunedain

I think that that could mean something. JK wouldn't have just left the house elf. He would have saved Harr or something.

Old 09-05-2004, 04:27 PM   #256
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by thranduil
here is something interesting, but it probably doesnt mean anything. But JK Rowling may have been foreshadowing when she wrote about the Fountain Of Magical Brethern. If you recall or read again, she went into great detail with the witch, wizard, goblin, and centaur all trying to stop voldemort and help dumbledore. All of them are injured or destroyed. Except the house elf. The house elf didn't recieve one dent. Or give any help to the "good" side. This could be a foreshadowing of some sort. But most likely is just coincidence.
That would be cool! Unfortunately, as I see Rowling she wouldn't think of it. It was probably a coincidence.

So, no more comments on my job? Was it so perfect? I want some criticism, guys!
Old 09-05-2004, 04:34 PM   #257
Telcontar_Dunedain

Maybe in the Quidditch Gryffindor could have so many points already that the win even though Harry doesn't catch the Snitch but he still feels really bad and feels like he's let the team down and then Ginny could comfort him.

Old 09-05-2004, 05:55 PM   #258
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

No, I don't think so. Quite a bit of the team is new, and not everyone's like Harry. I really don't think that they'll have earned that many!

I like the Fountain of magical brethren thing, though....

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 09-05-2004, 06:28 PM   #259
thranduil
Elven Warrior

have you guys talked about the "big thing" that is revieled about lily in the 6th book yet?

i like the idea of the gryffindors losing because of harry.

Last edited by thranduil : 09-05-2004 at 06:34 PM.
thranduil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 07:30 PM   #260
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Ok, about our book, we need to decide where the missing muggleborn students have been whisked to, and if their rescue Is the climax.

I wouldn't mind seeing this book have two parallel, sort of mini- climaxes, a spell/wand "battle" ( this being the muggleborn student rescue part) between the main students in the DA (Harry, Hermione, Ron, Neville) vrs. Voldemort and Wormtail . (nobody actually dies, but Harry holds his own [without Dumbledore's aid], and Wormtail and Voldemort begin to realize they are not invincible) .... and also, a species *war* between the various good/bad factions, with the deatheaters recruiting unhappy species to their side and fanning the flames, trying to ceate a "war".
On the bad side....aiding the DE's could be Giants (except Grawp, Hagrid and madame what's her name from GoF) Dementors, and maybe some other corrupted types, versus OoTP wizards, righteous centaurs, hopefully house elves (if finally riled enough, or enlightened by SPEW) and ????. I could see Dumbledore and various Hogwarts teachers coming to the aid of the "good" side in the species showdown, and most of the Death eaters being busy with this battle too.

Now, where Chaudry falls will probably be with the Da students in the voldemort battle, but wiil he be truely good, or end up aiding Lord Voldemort and being a turncoat? He does need to die probably, and should he in fact be our lionlike heir of Gryffindor? (added...NO ) When/if the heir dies, should pass his responsibilities as gryffindor heir on to Harry...or Ron...

I don't see things actually resolved at the end of this book, just the stages set and the stakes raised for the final outcomes of the last book.
As far as Petunia, she could have/should have shown her "magic" side in the first five chapters, defending her precious Dudley...but Fim didn't go there....

Last edited by Lizra : 09-06-2004 at 08:45 AM.