29. Arathorn - 2,669
30. Falagar

i am in the top 30 mooters!!
Old 03-13-2005, 11:07 AM   #243
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Oh my, me too! I'm 14th!

I wonder how it would really break down without some of the mods/admins having stacked post counts? *ponders* Oh well, no biggie.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 03-13-2005, 12:27 PM   #244
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

Nurvi, look at some of the other counts, and you have nothing to worry about. Lets instead see this as a chance of some celebrating. I'm baking something. What do you want?
Old 03-13-2005, 02:52 PM   #245
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Yes please! I'd love whatever your baking.

So what is it?

I had a rather funny attempt at making bread today. You can have some of it after I've baked the resurreted (hopefully) dough.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 03-13-2005, 04:31 PM   #246
Pytt

After some pondering, I landed on brownies. They are just finished, come get while it's hot
Old 03-13-2005, 06:34 PM   #247
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

*walks in*
Well, everything is back to normal. In fact, I came out ahead .
Where should I start?
HVEL has a sister-board, I suceeded in bringing an abandoned and forgotten by all except one member and myself (but I lost the link to it) board back to life, fixed the original HVEL, and finally realized that CSS is not the same as HTML but can be connnected somehow. Off the board subject, I finished the links page on one of my sites, and raised my post count by 15 yesterday on Entmoot. Today at church, Pastor Graham's brother Paul played bagpipe, this time with an assistant, like every year (the entire family was born in Ireland except for the kids, and their parents speak with an Irish accent and are very good at making speeches, particulary Bob Sr.). And, I started reading the bestselling book (Alice in Wonderland is to action-packed but never goes anywhere), Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki, which the introduction alone talks about how the phrase often used by parents today: "Go to school, study hard, get good grades, and find a high-paying job," is no longer true, since school doesn't teach anything about money and many of the subjects your learn you will never use in real life today. It says that the Employers win and the Employees lose. Definitely worth reading, even and especially for people my own age (the book says so, and books don't lie ). Now that was semi-random . Oh, and most importantly, I got a desk lamp !
Old 03-13-2005, 09:22 PM   #248
Embladyne
Honourary Elitist Inklette

I talked to my dad today. Yay! It was good, and we talked about the politics of ownership of what should be public resouces....such as water.
I also discovered that there's more to the area around my college than I had been aware of. A lot of people actually live around here. When it warms up, I will go for walks much more often. I'm impatient for the library to open tommorow so I can use the scanner, and edit stuff with photoshop to upload to my DA page, and also work on my EGL website. (Elegant Gothic Lolita, or Lolita-chan fashion, from Japan.)
My mom sent me some bunny ears...I'm not sure why, but who really cares. I hope I can find a lavender dress to match.
If anyone likes them, I have soynuts to share. Both salted and unsalted.

Hmmm. I'd like to claim the honey spoon, if I may.
Me9996, I think Spoon-wraith is an excellent title.

My DA page
Old 03-14-2005, 08:39 AM   #249
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Awesome post TB!

Isn't it cool to explore the campus? I always find there's something new to find on a campus - at least the two I've attended.

I'll take one or two of those tasty brownies there Pytt.
Quote:
Old 03-14-2005, 11:16 AM   #250
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

I wouldn't mind some brownies, either. And in return, everyone gets some cookies that MB and I made yesterday. Their just sugar cookies, but we colored them and rolled them up in batches of two colors, so there's a blue and purple batch, and a green and yellow batch.
Quote:
Today at church, Pastor Graham's brother Paul played bagpipe, this time with an assistant, like every year (the entire family was born in Ireland except for the kids, and their parents speak with an Irish accent and are very good at making speeches, particulary Bob Sr.)
That's cool. I wish we could have people who play the bagpipes, but our music guys are really good anyway. We used to have an Irish preist back when we first lived in Ca., but he left. He was really cool and came to our house a lot, and he had a dog named Shadow that chased our cat around our Christmas tree once, and is, to date, the only dog that I know of who has somewhat freaked out our cat. But now I'm ranting....

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth

Last edited by Thain Peregrin Took I : 03-14-2005 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:29 AM   #251
Pytt

*hands out brownies to everyone*
And I could do with some of them cookies for desert.

Cool EM What is your name on DA? I'm not there myself, but love to see what people makes.

Cool TB too Bagpipe rocks, though I never have heard it live... And congrats with new lamp What color?
Old 03-14-2005, 11:41 AM   #252
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I post at DA as Nurvingiel, just follow the link to Art! in my signature. [/shameless plugging]

I can't believe it's almost 5! I haven't done that much today. Except I went to bed at 2 last night and got up at 7 to finish my paper, and I did. Only 1/3 is crap (stupid obtuse Fisheries Act, though I suspect it was more my fault that I didn't put enough effort into it). 1/3 is decent, and 1/3 was good. Big surprise, that was the part I put the most effort into.

EDIT: I just noticed that my post count is roughly equal to the number of people who worked in the commercial fishing industry in 2003.
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-14-2005 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:52 PM   #253
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

i am on DA as gondros - follow link in sig
Old 03-14-2005, 02:10 PM   #254
Embladyne
Honourary Elitist Inklette

I am on DA as pearlzenith. I should put the link in my siggy. I think Elemmirë has an account, as well. I forget what her user name is, though.

Oh, yesterday, I showed the spoon of doom poem to a friend from another forum, and it completely cracked him up.

My DA page
Old 03-14-2005, 02:26 PM   #255
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

took me all of 5 minutes to think up the lord of the spoons verse, with a little tweaking from TB and Nurvi
Old 03-14-2005, 07:42 PM   #256
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

I was thinking of changing a few more words, like
"elven kings" to "elven chefs" or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pytt
Cool TB too Bagpipe rocks, though I never have heard it live... And congrats with new lamp What color?
Black. And I find that if it were to be left on all night, it would be a fire hazard. Last night, I had it on for a grand total of no more than 1 minute, and it burnt my hand when I accidentally touched the shade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thain Peregrin Took I
That's cool. I wish we could have people who play the bagpipes, but our music guys are really good anyway. We used to have an Irish preist back when we first lived in Ca., but he left. He was really cool and came to our house a lot, and he had a dog named Shadow that chased our cat around our Christmas tree once, and is, to date, the only dog that I know of who has somewhat freaked out our cat. But now I'm ranting....
Well, they always have it around St. Patricks Day and only during that time. Last year, when my uncle Ray came down from Oregon, I conviniently had my video camera with me in church to film it because afterwards we were going to go to the Rockstore (a restraunt/store made out of rocks from the nearby river, which became known as the " "Number one biker pit stop" " after motorcycles were more widely owned and used) and then go home and watch Ray show off his many unusual musical instruments (that year the center of attention was this split flute and (of course) the digeridoo).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
Isn't it cool to explore the campus? I always find there's something new to find on a campus - at least the two I've attended.
I guess it would, with a larger school. However, every school I've ever been to never had anything new. I think the only thing I haven't seen at the school I go to now is the fabled Van Nuys Middle School Swimming Pool on the roof of the auditorium. I don't beleive a word of its existance.
Old 03-15-2005, 02:03 AM   #257
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Oh, btw, I'm learning to write tengwar, but I can't figure out the tehtas used for vowels, where to put them, what letters can use them, etc.
Check out my thread in the Middle Earth forum! There's two great links on the first page. I'll go bump it for you

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 03-15-2005, 12:31 PM   #258
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pytt
you've never heard the pipes up close? i guess i can't picture that considering my mom plays the pipes and i grew up hearing them. i play the snare drum in a pipe band with her- pipes are cool but the drummers are always teasing the pipers about how the drums are considerably superior to the pipes lol

btw, my mom made me a b-day cake; anyone want a piece? devil's food w/ cream cheese frosting *yum!*

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:44 PM   #259
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Child of Ungoliant
1. HOBBIT - 61,498
2. Fat middle - 61,296
3. Ñólendil - 60,864
4. Comic Book Guy - 60,477
5. bmilder - 60,446
6. IronParrot - 53,330
7. jerseydevil - 9,558
8. BeardofPants - 8,808
9. R*an - 8,221
10. Sister Golden Hair - 6,458
11. Eärniel - 6,240
12. Radagast The Brown - 6,197
13. Gwaimir Windgem - 6,164
14. Nurvingiel - 5,888
15. Valandil - 5,184
16. Lizra - 5,104
17. Darth Tater - 4,572
18. Artanis - 4,376
19. afro-elf - 3,841
20. anduin - 3,715
21. Lalaith - 3,469
22. Elf Girl - 3,415
23. Lief Erikson - 3,413
24. Coney - 3,398
25. Wayfarer - 3,318
26. Insidious Rex - 3,279
27. azalea - 3,185
28. Last Child of Ungoliant - 3,026
29. Arathorn - 2,669
30. Falagar

i am in the top 30 mooters!!
I must be pretty high because i have over 2500.

EDIT: 2530
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 03-15-2005, 12:53 PM   #260
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

*looks guilty* i'm #118... heh heh... oh well...
lol
and TD, you're number 32, i think

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Closed Thread