Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-15-2004, 03:48 PM   #241
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious Rex
Well Powell is officially gone. As is Agriculture Secretary Ann Veneman and Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham. The list continues to mount. Does anyone think Rice is going to make an announcement soon?
Well there is speculation that she will move over to Secretary of State - which I hope.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 05:49 PM   #242
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Does anyone think Rice is going to make an announcement soon?
Hmmm, Rice with potatoes and mushrooms and leeks?

(sorry, can't get those veggies out of my head!)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 06:17 PM   #243
inked
Elf Lord

Rice and 'shine, a new day dawns.
New administration change spawns!
I think Powell's intentions
Are to be next on White House lawns!
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 07:07 PM   #244
jerseydevil

ABC NY said that they have learned that Bush is nominating Condoleeza Rice as Secretary of State. I guess we'll see how right they are. Everyone else is just reporting it as a possibility.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 11-15-2004, 07:19 PM   #245
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

*blink* *blink* gulp!

At least Powell didn't lie.

Let me amend that, since a co-worker just pointed out that he made a case at the UN about Iraq's WMDs. I don't think he was lying at that time. I think he was fooled by bad intelligence.

Last edited by Elfhelm : 11-15-2004 at 07:40 PM.
Elfhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 10:15 PM   #246
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by inked
Rice and 'shine, a new day dawns.
New administration change spawns!
I think Powell's intentions
Are to be next on White House lawns!
as a republican? it sure was interesting to note that all the real grieving from his choice to step down came from well known democrats who felt the one voice of reason within the administration had been lost. The republicans havent really said much other then mouthing platitudes and basically saying we wish you all the best. dont let the door hit you...

But Im thinking Rumsfield must be happier now. We havent heard anything from his corner so I assume hes staying for now. And Goss has set his pit bulls on the CIA brass who werent on Bushes bandwagon to bring an end to the Abu Ghraib type leaks (as opposed to CIA leeks rian). Rumsfield will be able to operate with much less worry as to what gets out.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

Last edited by Insidious Rex : 11-15-2004 at 10:16 PM.
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 10:31 PM   #247
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
... (as opposed to CIA leeks rian).
*munch*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 10:37 AM   #248
inked
Elf Lord

Well, IR, given my track record in political predictions over the years I've been paying attention.........
the best I can hope for is that it'll be like Sybill Trelawney's - one of the two right that i'v e made so far! (I did call Bush's re-election, and now this one ).

I do think he will run as a Republican. And I do think Hillary Clinton will run. I personally think that the 2008 elections will pit the first black candidate against the first female candidate for President of the USA. It will be a corker!
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
Old 11-16-2004, 11:50 AM   #249
Goatee
Hobbit

My predictions:

Powell will not run for President in 2008, he will most likely just write a book and go back to making a ton of money making speeches.

Rumsfield will step down within two months.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:58 AM   #250
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

McCain will get the republican nomination and Powell the VP spot.

Julianni will run as well but will not do well in the south.

Who will inherit Karl Rove?
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 02:09 PM   #251
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

I think his pact with a certain lower dwelling prince will have expired by then and he will have to pay the piper.

Ah Mephestopheles!

EDIT:
Quote:
McCain will get the republican nomination and Powell the VP spot.
good lord! thats a monster ticket...

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

Last edited by Insidious Rex : 11-16-2004 at 02:11 PM.
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 03:11 PM   #252
jerseydevil

I think that Cheney will step down in 2 years and Condoleeza Rice will become VP for a possible run for the White House in 2008.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 11-16-2004, 03:37 PM   #253
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Whie I would like McCain to run in 2008, I don't think he will. He was on Leno sometime this month and Leno asked him about running. He replied with "In 2008 I'll be 2008." Still, one can hope...
Old 11-16-2004, 04:03 PM   #254
Cirdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr Polish
Whie I would like McCain to run in 2008, I don't think he will. He was on Leno sometime this month and Leno asked him about running. He replied with "In 2008 I'll be 2008." Still, one can hope...
Yes, I've liked hom the best of ALL the candidates in the last two national elections. Reagans was much, much, much older. Of course he didn't spend any time in a POW camp.

Will the Constitution be ammended in time for Ahnald to run? What a hoot. The SotU address done with an Austrian accent. Antonio Banderas could be VP.

Condi as president? That's one way to swing the old slave states back to the dems. The ghost of Lincoln stalking the solid South once again. lol
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 11-16-2004, 04:10 PM   #255
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirdan
Condi as president? That's one way to swing the old slave states back to the dems. The ghost of Lincoln stalking the solid South once again. lol
You know if something similar like that was said about a black community - it would be considered racist. But instead you are able to just make a completely bigotted statement toward the south.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 11-16-2004, 04:44 PM   #256
inked
Elf Lord

Actually it is a biggotted statement towards black voters, IMHO. The implication is totally erroneous.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:04 PM   #257
Cirdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydevil
You know if something similar like that was said about a black community - it would be considered racist. But instead you are able to just make a completely bigotted statement toward the south.
Just a coincidence?

BTW, I'm from Florida where there were still lynchings going on in the late fifties. I have family still there and am not unconnected witht the "residual feelings" there. Why did all those "Dixiecrats" switch parties? It's just reality that MANY southerns harbor racist feelings and hard feelings towards the desegregation/Civil War/integration. Quite a few who live in close contact with the large black populations in the south are MORE enlightened than those in the north and west living in >90% white states. Things are changing but the fact remains that race plays a large part in politics everywhere but even more so in the south where rural blacks are still disenfranchised through redisticting, poorly funded schools, and few large urban centers.

You think that the civil rights act and a few decades of affimative action have eliminated racism and the effects of hundreds of years of racism, segregation, and enforced poverty? That would be like someone whose punched you in the face and robbed you every day for a year, saying, "I'm sorry", for a week, and then, "get over it", from then on. [Flame Deleted]

Last edited by Sister Golden Hair

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 11-16-2004, 05:05 PM   #258
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Condi is a cooperative with any choice Bush makes and so is Gonzo. The inner circle is tightening.

I don't think Cheney will step down. It's far more likely for Bush to be assassinated so Cheney can take over. Who would Cheney appoint to VP (subject to congressional approval)? Rummy, of course. That is the scariest thing I can imagine. Cheney and Rummy approved by the vote.

Yes, I am a Democrat having nightmares.
Elfhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 05:17 PM   #259
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirdan
You think that the civil rights act and a few decades of affimative action have eliminated racism and the effects of hundreds of years of racism, segregation, and enforced poverty?
No - actually I think affirmative action aka reverse descrimination - just adds fuel to the fire of the racism.

As for that map - give me a break. Carole whats her name from ABC is just as racist for her comments during the "media roundtable". She's the one who brough that supposed "link" up.

I can also show you maps where it shows that the us is spread out among democrats and republicans - even in the south. Republican does NOT equate to racist. And I"m tired of hearing you insinuate that constantly.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 11-16-2004 at 05:18 PM.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:28 PM   #260
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydevil
Republican does NOT equate to racist. And I"m tired of hearing you insinuate that constantly.
Ironically enough, the Republican Party was strongest in the Union states during and after the Civil War, and the Democratic party was strongest in the Confederate states up until 1960. Abraham Lincoln was a Republican president.