Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 06:08 PM   #241
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

On vacation, Tabby?

Or just a wild night at the Desert place.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:44 PM   #242
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

The 90 second rule is making me fat!!!!!!

I've discovered I have j uuuuuu st enough time to go for a snack.

We need a shorter time.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:10 PM   #243
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt
Or just a wild night at the Desert place.
No...That's tomorrow.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:05 AM   #244
elven dragonrider
Elven Warrior

Location: Confusion Lane, on the back of a dragon, or on horseback.
I missed April Fools on Entmoot! Oh well, I guess I was better off.
At a horse show though, I actually stayed out of the jokes. Typical boring me . Anyway, I am not sure I have been here long enough to figure out what yours were
Noticed yet I like smilies?
Homework-algebra- yuck. Gotta go do that, and finish A Seperate Peace. That book is too depressing, and I haven't even gotten to the end yet. Anyone here object to my so saying that it is almost not wortht reading? Note the "almost". The writing is superb though.

Edgar Alan Poe and Oscar Wilde rock. They are actually better than rocks.
Beautiful Soup
and A Tomato Ate My Sister are the most educational and intellectual songs ever created, challenging the scholarly power of the great philosophers.

On TB's sig, Don't worry about the world ending today, tomorrow, or next week, just worry about it ending now.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:24 AM   #245
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quiet here, actually.

Although it's more fun when there are more folk around, imo.

Keep up with the algebra...redoing it in college is no fun at ALL. Not much that's assigned in English class is as much fun as Oscar Wilde...what do you think of Rupert Everett's Wilde roles?
Old 04-06-2007, 12:29 AM   #246
elven dragonrider
Elven Warrior

I can see that..
I love them most of the time, but one of them is really off... I can't remember which one though...
That is cool you like Oscar Wilde too. Most of the people I know can't understand him, but then again they couldn't understand Back to the Future of the second Pirates movie.

Beautiful Soup
and A Tomato Ate My Sister are the most educational and intellectual songs ever created, challenging the scholarly power of the great philosophers.

On TB's sig, Don't worry about the world ending today, tomorrow, or next week, just worry about it ending now.

Last edited by elven dragonrider : 04-06-2007 at 12:31 AM.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:38 AM   #247
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

I'm a banter addict.

I love conversation as an art. Have you ever seen anything by Richard Brinsley Sheridan? His plays remind me of Wilde.

A circulating library in a town is as an evergreen tree of diabolical knowledge.
—The Rivals. Act iii. Sc. 1.
Richard Brinsley
Sheridan
Delicious.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:45 AM   #248
elven dragonrider
Elven Warrior

No, I will look into that though. I have never heard of him.
Right now I am banned from reading anything or watching anything besides school, so I can't really right now.

Beautiful Soup

Old 04-06-2007, 12:51 AM   #249
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

This being school related. lol.

'rents not caught on to that whole internet business yet?

Finish up, so we can play another day.

I'm chatty...I'll still be hereabouts after you catch up.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:54 AM   #250
trolls' bane

I have determined the source of all of the world's problems. It has come to my attention, that all unwelcome events in human history; the holocaust, the bubonic plague, global warming, the ice age, Stalin's party purges, and the extinction of the dinosaurs, is attributed to the evil Ethanist Party. The fact that they were only founded two weeks ago is irrelevant. Life is cruel and unfair because of them. In fact, the only reason we do not live in a utopian society is that they exist. You know who created those spam bots? The Ethanist Party! The disappearence of certain prominent mooters? The Ethanist Party! The lack of an April Fool's joke? The Ethanist Party! As you can see, they are evil. In fact, rumor has it that "Doctor" Gene Ray of "Infinite Cubic Wisdom" is in fact an ally of the Ethanist Party!
Old 04-06-2007, 03:04 AM   #251
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
I have determined the source of all of the world's problems. It has come to my attention, that all unwelcome events in human history; the holocaust, the bubonic plague, global warming, the ice age, Stalin's party purges, and the extinction of the dinosaurs, is attributed to the evil Ethanist Party. The fact that they were only founded two weeks ago is irrelevant. Life is cruel and unfair because of them. In fact, the only reason we do not live in a utopian society is that they exist. You know who created those spam bots? The Ethanist Party! The disappearence of certain prominent mooters? The Ethanist Party! The lack of an April Fool's joke? The Ethanist Party! As you can see, they are evil. In fact, rumor has it that "Doctor" Gene Ray of "Infinite Cubic Wisdom" is in fact an ally of the Ethanist Party!
Oy, that's sounds rather serious. Any idea who are what is the mastermind behind the Ethanist Party? For that matter: what IS the Ethanist Party? I guess I should know if I want to make sure they don't mess up my life as well.
*getting all fired up*

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 04-06-2007, 11:43 AM   #252
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari
Oy, that's sounds rather serious. Any idea who are what is the mastermind behind the Ethanist Party? For that matter: what IS the Ethanist Party? I guess I should know if I want to make sure they don't mess up my life as well.
*getting all fired up*
Yes. I know him personally. In fact, I know all of the inner party members involved. His name is Ethan! The Ethanist Party is devoted solely to counter the beliefs of the Brenonianist Party: they hate space elevators and the freedom of Martians.

(Actually, in real life Ethan and said party members are not that bad. We just pretend to be fierce rivals.)
Old 04-06-2007, 12:21 PM   #253
elven dragonrider
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt
'rents not caught on to that whole internet business yet?

Finish up, so we can play another day.

I'm chatty...I'll still be hereabouts after you catch up.
Sorry, not another time zone, was late here too. (I am guessing, but is was last night, so anyway.)
Uh, the Ethanist party sounds interesting, just don't get carried away and try to rob nuclear plant.

Beautiful Soup

Old 04-06-2007, 12:25 PM   #254
elven dragonrider
Elven Warrior

TB got the 250th post! And I could have gotten it! Oh well, I got the first one on the page a week ago. Not that is matters.
(Just making myself feel better )

Beautiful Soup

Old 04-06-2007, 12:32 PM   #255
elven dragonrider
Elven Warrior

I forgot to put this in my last post, and I couldn't find anywhere else to put it without starting another thread. (Which I don't want to do)
Is there any mention of dragons in the Lord of the Rings books exept for the one time in the 1st or second book, I don't remember, when Gandalf and Pippin/Merry don't remember that either are riding somewhere and Pippin/Merry asks if there are dragons there because of the smoke?
Sorry if that is way sketchy, I don't remember much about it, and I was wondering because a lot of THE HOBBIT was centered around Smaug.

Beautiful Soup

Old 04-06-2007, 12:38 PM   #256
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Yes. I know him personally. In fact, I know all of the inner party members involved. His name is Ethan! The Ethanist Party is devoted solely to counter the beliefs of the Brenonianist Party: they hate space elevators and the freedom of Martians.

(Actually, in real life Ethan and said party members are not that bad. We just pretend to be fierce rivals.)
Well, actually I'm not really into politics (mostly because usually during the elections they basically say the same thing only with different words and after the elections, no matter what they said, they can't make it happen anyway), but I must agree that I can't really see the importance of space elevators. I prefer a teleporter of some sorts. Allthough, come to think of it: it would be kinda awkward if someone would teleport in when I was running around naked...

But I do agree that Martians should be free creatures. Everyone should have the right to be free!
Hmmm, perhaps I should look into this politicsbusiness a bit more. It seems rather interesting

Last edited by Mari : 04-06-2007 at 12:41 PM. Reason: trying to typ something logical while sleeping
Old 04-06-2007, 12:44 PM   #257
Mari
Elf Lady

@ elven dragonrider: I like your adaptation of trolls' bane's signature
By the way, isn't there some nickname we can use for you? Elven dragonrider is rather long and I am rather lazy...

Old 04-06-2007, 12:57 PM   #258
elven dragonrider
Elven Warrior

Thanks!
I am honored that someone thought about me that much! Thanks for the thought! Sure, I can't think of anything off the top of my head...
I don't have a nick-name besides Entmoot either, so no hope there. Maybe just edr, like initials for Elven DragonRider. If that will work for you.

Beautiful Soup

Old 04-06-2007, 01:01 PM   #259
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari
Well, actually I'm not really into politics (mostly because usually during the elections they basically say the same thing only with different words and after the elections, no matter what they said, they can't make it happen anyway), but I must agree that I can't really see the importance of space elevators. I prefer a teleporter of some sorts. Allthough, come to think of it: it would be kinda awkward if someone would teleport in when I was running around naked...

But I do agree that Martians should be free creatures. Everyone should have the right to be free!
Hmmm, perhaps I should look into this politicsbusiness a bit more. It seems rather interesting
Well, perhaps you ought to look up the space elevator on Wikipedia or something to see just how important it really is.

But it's a good thing, though. Lest I unleash my Vulcan nerve pinch upon you.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:12 PM   #260
elven dragonrider
Elven Warrior

Just curious, but is this how the Cafe usually is? there seem to be only four people here in thelast two days; TB, SaCaA, Mari, and me. Are all the other 800 people posting elsewhere? Or are they all sluffers?

Beautiful Soup

Closed Thread