Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-14-2006, 03:34 PM   #241
The Telcontarion
The one true King of the human race, direct descendant of Adam and heir to the kings of old. "You owe me your fealty." The Tar Minyaturion

This is ridiculous.

Egypt is the origin of Christianity, Judaism & Islam, is this not the topic. What exactly is your point!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfhelm
"Do you realize that Alsadaawi is translating the heiroglyphs as KORAN QUOTES? What does that amount to, if not what I read?"
And biblical quotes and the tora, but in any case, so what!!! What is the topic. These 3 religons we all know has the same origin. They all have abraham in it, they all have mention of jesus/Issa in it just playing a different role and they all have adam and eve. Where is your point, I think you confuse yourself.

Hahahahahaaahaaaaa!!! Again the topic is, Egypt is the origin of Christianity, Judaism & Islam!!!

Quote me, where did I say that they practiced Islam in egypt!!! The point is what ever the religion was called, these 3 are based on it IMO. It certainly was not called Islam. Again, qoute, me!!!!

What your point does bring to light though, is quite interesting. It might be of the 3 religions, that Islam, is written most closely to the original text. I already new it could not be the king james "versions," but I never considered that one of the other 2 would be closer to it; my christian biast blind siding me there. So that is even more food for thought. Again quote me.

Ecclesiasticus 2:1-5
1 My son, if thou come to serve the Lord, prepare thy soul for temptation...
...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
The Telcontarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:45 PM   #242
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Telcontarion
And biblical quotes and the tora, but in any case, so what!!! What is the topic. These 3 religons we all know has the same origin. They all have abraham in it, they all have mention of jesus/Issa in it just playing a different role and they all have adam and eve.
They'd better all have Abraham in them!
God promised Abraham he'd make him the father of many nations, and well? He must have!

You know, G.K. Chesterton recounted in his book "The Everlasting Man" an incident about a preacher who was telling some backyard tribe about how God was, and about Christ. One of the older of the tribe, when the preacher described God said "He is speaking of Atahocah!"

Later in the book he says he often imagines, when one of these tribes goes just a bit too far with sacrifices and the like, that they all gather in a cave for a meeting and say to eachother "well know, lets all remember that we're brothers, under one God, after all."

I think the incident about the preacher may illustrate this later point to a degree, that God is still even with the wild indians of the woods (I'm being politically incorrect).

If you read the Bible, what do you think when you read "and begot sons and daughters" or "and Noah's son's and his son's wives", or the flight of Cain, and his founding of a city.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:48 PM   #243
The Telcontarion
The one true King of the human race, direct descendant of Adam and heir to the kings of old. "You owe me your fealty." The Tar Minyaturion

Beyond Ridiculous!!!!!!!

Quote:
The sum total and only intent I had in providing that Egyptologist's essay was to provide an academic argument that I considered entirely persuasive. Attempting to compel me to post less persuasive, non-academic, or poorly-thought-out opinions from the same site is TOTALLY IRRELEVANT
Because you say so again of course. So, because you agree with this one egyptologists opinion, everyone else's is "bunk." Now it's one thing when you say that what I say is "bunk," but when you say that about professionals in the field, it shows you are quite simply, deranged and delussional.

I know I have said this before, but trust me I won't say it again. No longer shall I suffer you!!!!

Ecclesiasticus 2:1-5
1 My son, if thou come to serve the Lord, prepare thy soul for temptation...
...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
The Telcontarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:53 PM   #244
hectorberlioz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Telcontarion
Because you say so again of course. So, because you agree with this one egyptologists opinion, everyone else's is "bunk." Now it's one thing when you say that what I say is "bunk," but when you say that about professionals in the field, it shows you are quite simply, deranged and delussional.

I know I have said this before, but trust me I won't say it again. No longer shall I suffer you!!!!
Alright now. I'm not a Mod, but as the President Of Entmoot Elect, I'm going to give you guys an embarassing lecture.

You're both acting juvenile, and if this keeps up, no more interesting discussion, because the Mods will shut down this party. So I suggest you guys keep it either to the PMs, or just agree to disagree.

So I want you both to shake hands

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 07-14-2006, 04:15 PM   #245
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

I don't know what else I can say.

I repeat. You said you and Alsadaawi are NOT saying that Islam existed in Ancient Egypt. You asked me to quote you. Well, I quoted Alsadaawi. I put the exact important words in very large print on the page before thisThen you agreed with him. And besides, my first statement was that you and he said it. If you don't agree, then you do agree, what does that mean.

And I also have to repeat. What another person chooses to post can be judge as relevant or not to the topic. I have tried harder than anyone here to stick to the topic. But you can't force someone to post something!

And the topic is, how Alsadaawi translates the heiroglyphs, what that means, that the Spinx is a statue of Abraham. That the Jews were not slaves. That there is a temple to Moses in Egypt. And that the heiroglyphs contain Koran text.

period.

Last edited by Elfhelm : 07-14-2006 at 04:17 PM.
Elfhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:18 PM   #246
hectorberlioz

I agree that Elfhelm HAS done the most staying on-topic of all.

I'm actually wondering why Elfhelm and The Tel aren't getting along. They seemed to have a lot in common at first...

The Da CINDY Code
~

Last edited by hectorberlioz : 07-14-2006 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:20 PM   #247
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Elfhelm:
Quote:
period.
time of the month?

..er... anyway i have El tel's back ...

..er... ain't you a bloke there Elfhelm?

bring it on!
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:21 PM   #248
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

This is the statement, too:

"the Holy Spirit, Adam, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Ismail, Israel, Moses, Aaron, Joseph, David, Mari, Jesus, etc they are all reported in the Pyramid Texts"

This is what you must defend. Nobody else but Alsaadawi says this. All other translators say that he is distorting the words.

The burden of proof is on you.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:21 PM   #249
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
I agree that Elfhelm HAS done the most staying on-topic of all.

of all the times, in all the threads, in all da world Hector dear boy ... you hadda go post that right there, right then ..
Old 07-14-2006, 04:23 PM   #250
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

LOL! BB... Elfhelm is a bloke!
Old 07-14-2006, 04:25 PM   #251
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
This is the statement, too:

The burden of proof is on you.
how so?

Surely the burden of 'proof' is on you, if you are SO sure, beyond all reasonable doubt!

How can this be?

Either you allow some reasonable lassitude or you are sure beyond any doubt. If the latter then squarely the burden of proof by your own certainty is yours Elfhelm!

Best, BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 07-14-2006 at 04:26 PM.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:25 PM   #252
hectorberlioz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
of all the times, in all the threads, in all da world Hector dear boy ... you hadda go post that right there, right then ..
Was that bad or erroneus?

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 07-14-2006, 04:26 PM   #253
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

it is if i am the next poster!

..on toe-pik you call it?

best BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 07-14-2006 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:32 PM   #254
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
And the topic is, how Alsadaawi translates the heiroglyphs, what that means, that the Spinx is a statue of Abraham. That the Jews were not slaves. That there is a temple to Moses in Egypt. And that the heiroglyphs contain Koran text.
Ah Elfhelm, comrade, it seems that your arguments too shall be falling upon deaf ears. You want I should start donating out my spare hearing aids?

What you state above bears repeating. IF the argument within this thread was soley that the Abrahamic crowd et al 'borrowed' from other sources like the mystery cults or ancient egyptian canon, then I imagine there wouldn't be such contention in this thread, because it is certainly true that many cults have been absorbed by others in the ever-evolving ideaological processes. However, what continues to rub the wrong way is the willing ignorance with particular regards to the not so covert mis-translation of Middle Egyptian.

And ultimately, if we're going to squabble about sources, then lets look at the sources. Mine : The Concise Dictionary of Middle Egyptian put together by a preeminent eygptologist, Raymond Faulkner and the Gardiner sign list er... put together by another preeminent egyptologist vs... a link posted to a guy who doesn't even have any formal training in egyptology. Um, ding, we have weiner?
Old 07-14-2006, 04:34 PM   #255
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

cloaked heh ?

c'mon out and face the music ... let us create egyptian merry music!

en gaurde!

your knowledge versus my debate!

bring on the BoP ..

yours the sarong wearer!

*blows kiss*

BB x x
Old 07-14-2006, 04:37 PM   #256
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

I don't think so, BB. I have provided a full debunking of the theories of Alsaadawi. His translations are against the entire community of heiroglyphic translators. He has not convinced anyone. In fact, on some of the messageboards I have visited in my attempt to understand this better, they say "sounds like Alsaadawi" as a way of dismissing things. In other words, his name is synonomous with "bunk" to these people.

http://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/show...0&postcount=87

This is the place where I posted the debunking.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:40 PM   #257
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Oh BB? If ye wanna fight dirty, I can fight dirty. Just waiting 'til I start spamming yer PM box after you worked so hard to empty it.

And on topic : I would like to request further sources from the thread-starter with particular regards to his claims that Moses et al originate from Egypt.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:41 PM   #258
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
I don't think so, BB. I have provided a full debunking of the theories of Alsaadawi. His translations are against the entire community of heiroglyphic translators. He has not convinced anyone. In fact, on some of the messageboards I have visited in my attempt to understand this better, they say "sounds like Alsaadawi" as a way of dismissing things. In other words, his name is synonomous with "bunk" to these people.
yes, but what has that got to do with the price of cheese?

I challenge you and BoP to a debate - nothing else.

you have plenty of cards .. i ..

i like a challenge!

best, BB
Old 07-14-2006, 04:43 PM   #259
hectorberlioz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
yes, but what has that got to do with the price of cheese?

I challenge you and BoP to a debate - nothing else.

you have plenty of cards .. i ..

i like a challenge!

best, BB
Brits, they don't care what they know, they just want to debate

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 07-14-2006, 04:44 PM   #260
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardofPants
Oh BB? If ye wanna fight dirty, I can fight dirty. Just waiting 'til I start spamming yer PM box after you worked so hard to empty it.

And on topic : I would like to request further sources from the thread-starter with particular regards to his claims that Moses et al originate from Egypt.

going down and dirty it is!

x x x

edit**** - re PM's - course, that assumes i actually cleared it ... ..right yeah!!

Last edited by Butterbeer : 07-14-2006 at 04:45 PM.