Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-18-2003, 11:53 AM   #241
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
Aralle was still watching the Gargoyle as he jumped into the trees. He showed no sign of attacking or even wanting to attack. He might be waiting ... but waiting for what?

It was only then that Aralle realized how foolish she had been. He could be waiting for other gargoyles! Now she was out in the forest alone; no one even knew what she was facing. And if she died, none would be left to warn the group back at camp about the gargoyles.

Aralle couldn't win against several gargoyles, and she knew it. Her only hope was if she was wrong.

Yet somehow knowing she'd have no control over the situation gave Aralle a sense of peace. She decided to speak to the gargoyle; they had always loved to brag, especially to enemies, and it couldn't really make things worse.

If there were other gargoyles coming, she'd probably wind up dead, whatever happened in the meantime. But if the gargoyle was alone, and Aralle could gather information about his mission here, it would be very useful to the company.

"What are you doing here, gargoyle?" asked Aralle in the tongue of griffins and gargoyles.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 06:10 PM   #242
Silverstripe

The gargoyle didn't answer, but fled, shifting into his true form and flying away into the sky. He seemed as fearful as Aralle herself was, if not more.

The griffin breathed a sigh of relief. Oh, she knew the gargoyle would be back, but now Aralle would have return to the company and warn them of this danger.

Without hesitation, she broke into a run, going at full speed back towards the camp. In her desire for haste, she forgot to use her Sight before returning to camp, and would have run blindly into a terrible situation, save for one thing... Aralle never reached her destination.

About halfway back to the camp, Aralle tripped and fell on a large boulder in her way.

Fool! she scolded herself again. Her fear of the gargoyle had made her reckless. You can't afford to be careless. Aralle got up and was about to set off again at a slower pace, when someone whispered a warning that made her stop in her tracks.

ooc: And now you can decide whose cue that is!
Old 01-20-2003, 08:57 PM   #243
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

"I shan't go back if i were you, though you may want to plan a rescue for them, they shall not last much longer i presume from what i can catch from the guards they wish to leave soon or to slaughter some but i could have heard that wrong. I shall help you in rescuing them if you wish it of me, for your kind has saved me once and i shall like to repay the deed."
Jack: "Monkey!"
"It's captain Jack Sparrow, captain..."
"If you were waiting for the opportune moment that was it."
Red coat, "Impersonating a judge."
Jack: (Oh, ya that was fun look on his face)
"Do us a favour...i know it's hard...but stay here and try not to do...anything...stupid."
"Yes...but why is the rum gone?!"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
elvishfaerie3088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 07:27 PM   #244
Silverstripe

Aralle looked over at the speaker, startled. It was the female elf! And the elf had met other griffins, which meant she was very old.

"They have been taken captive, then?" Aralle sighed. "Thank you. Yes, I will need all the help in rescuing them that I can get!" Even in her true form (which she would probably have to assume in order for this rescue to work), she was very unlikely to be able to do this on her own.

ooc: Aralle (being very young at the time of the war between her race and the gargoyles) would not recognize/remember Glistenfae.
Old 01-21-2003, 08:33 PM   #245
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Can my character do anything?

ic: Tension rose as everyone was to busy arguing with the commander to notice that the Griffin was gone. I looked around but found nothing of the Griffin. I tried to escape from the group but was caught by thje scruff by a very ruff soldier. I swung and kicked angrily at the captore but he simply laughed and set me down next to Bushbark who looked at the soldier angrily and then at me with sympothy.
"This is not fiar." I said to him.
"No, It is not." He agreed. And the ontore nodded.
Adrian made a cry of anger at the soldiers act and rushed foreword to attack. She balzed with fury and cut the soldier in the leg as he tried to back away. Another soldier rushed foreword but was pushed back by Asaar who did not like the act eather.
I took my chance and took my elven knife and cut the hand of the pursuing soldier of Asaar. Soon everyone bounded foreword in attack to defend the others. Each time one of the componies friend joined in and they were in danger another person joined to defend that one.
Old 01-22-2003, 12:31 AM   #246
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Aasinav shook his head at the sight as the other companions engaged the soldiers, especially once he saw blood being drawn. They were, perhaps, only trying to aid each other - but as the soldiers saw one of their own go down, their faces turned grim and black as they charged to surround the prisoners.

Hruad's eyes widened as he saw what was going on, and he rushed forward, trying to calm the others down. "Please, my friends, listen to reason - you are outnumbered, and this will only get us hurt - hope has not yet been lost!"

Elise hurried to Athalt's side as he drew his own blade and strode toward the melee. "Call your men off, and perhaps we can end this without any more blood being shed."

He shook her off. "Stand aside! I trusted you through the night, but this only serves to prove my decision right - I'll not let this go on any longer."

She narrowed her eyes, and planted herself in his path. "I told you to stand down."

As her gaze met his, he staggered back a little - but he was a hardened veteran, and had been through much in his life. He managed to regain himself, and stepped forward again.

Aasinav shook his head again, and then stepped forward, since it seemed unlikely the battle would end on its own.

He strode forward, into the center of the the camp, and spoke - and each word grew in volume until the last one echoed through the clearing like a thunderbolt: "That is quite ENOUGH!"

Everyone froze as the echo of the words faded away, and Hruad managed to make his way through the soldiers to stand in front of his companions.

"Put down your weapons," he cried, gesturing around him. A few soldiers had been injured - but they outnumbered the small party three to one, and lives would easily be lost if the fighting continued.

A few soldiers stepped forward, but Athalt's voice rang out as well. "Stand down. Don't attack them unless they continue to fight - this morning has grown dark enough already."

He glanced at those who had struck out. "Well? I truly do not wish to harm any of you - but if you continue fighting, I will not have any choice."
Old 01-22-2003, 12:43 AM   #247
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

"Well then, seems like were all alone really on this. How shall we accomplish this task? We could attack and some how throw what weapons were taken back to the others and hope that we escape? We could plan it throughly so they have their eyes on one of us while the other grabs the weapons and gives them back? We could take them slowly and tie them up or cut some of their throats? Or we could come up with another plan! What do you think? Do you have any ideas?" I asked Arrale.
"Do us a favour...i know it's hard...but stay here and try not to do...anything...stupid."
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
Old 01-22-2003, 10:25 PM   #248
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

I was told to quit fighting, but Swift had not been called off, in the midst of my anger I had forgotten about him. Then I saw him creaping up behind a soldier so that none could see him. "Swift!" I called just before he attacked, he stopped and I cleared my head of angry thoughts.0 "Come here and stop this nonsence," I called to him quietly, he came and I shifted into a wizard. I wantedto talk o him and this was the easiest way. They did not ask for my staff.
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Adrian Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 07:06 AM   #249
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ic: Aasinav called for us to quite our battle and at once everyone headed his command even the soldiers from the opposite side. Swift was called back and Poko cam out from cowering in the shadows of the trees. (Silly grayhound) The horses reapproached the camp sight from their shock and neihd happily at its end.
"Our task is too impoatant for us to be held back any longer." I yelled out to the on looking group.
"The Hytorax could be calling the enemy as the one ring did to Sauron As I have read." The group gasped at the thought of the evil ring and muttered among themselves.
"Please we are not enemies and only wish to get on with our task for its importance is great. Why do you think we were allowed to leave Nered after council if the king thought it was a bad idea and wanted us locked up or held back?"
Old 01-23-2003, 09:30 AM   #250
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Glimdrell laughed heartedly at the hobbits shoutout. "As far as I am informed you left Néred secretly. The king and his men can not halter thee he can not see! It would be foulish to state otherwise." Glimdrell shook his head at the hobbit, and said with a more seriouse voice: "Stop with your silly tricks and make the way back easier, delay us no more. Athalt has his orders and are bound to follow them! It is his kings command!"

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 01-23-2003 at 09:32 AM.
Arat-Falathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 11:59 AM   #251
Silverstripe

"I think the idea of distracting them will work very nicely," said Aralle. She whispered something to Glistenfae, at which the elf nodded. Then she laughed.

"I'd prefer not to hurt any of them if possible," said the griffin. "But if it becomes necessary..." Aralle paused and glanced at Glistenfae, and knew from the look in Glistenfae's eyes that the elf had understood.

"If we can get some of these soldiers to leave the group, so much the better. Fewer men for us to face later. And if we lure enough of them away, I will be able to return."

Aralle began to walk away a little, to carry out her part of the plan, but then stopped and looked back at Glistenfae.

"As soon as the company is safely away from the soldiers, tell them a gargoyle is tracking them, a black-winged creature which I believe they have seen before."

Aralle turned again and broke into a run. A few moments later, a golden griffin stood where the young woman used to be, and flew into the sky.
Old 01-23-2003, 07:37 PM   #252
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Aasinav stepped towards Glimdrell, shaking his head. "You felt as well as I whatever darkness stalked the night yestereve! You know there are dark forces amidst - and I suspect you know we are their enemies. Athalt may have his orders, but sometimes duty to one's country must be overriden by duty to the cause of all goodly folk in the world."

"Enough!" Athalt barked. "Your words are sweet to my ear, but I will not listen to them any longer - you have had your chance for discussion, and I have made up my mind." He signaled to his men, and they began gathering up the remnants of the camp. "We will head out soon, and return to Néred."

Aasinav sighed and stepped away, glancing around. If they didn't find a way out soon, he might be forced to take matters into his own hands...
Old 01-23-2003, 10:14 PM   #253
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

"Expects me to do something does she! Doesn't even tell me what she's going to do! Well then i'll just watch from the trees and hope she does something first! Then i'll just grab what i can and do what i can," I sighed. "but how could she have guessed, how could she know?" I muttered under my breath. I made for the trees but made sure i wasn't too close that they could see me. Now to only wait for a sign of some sort or i'll just go out on a limb and sneek about.
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
Old 01-24-2003, 01:50 AM   #254
Silverstripe

Aralle soared into the sky and above the camp, hoping desperately that Glistenfae (who seemed very bright) would understand that now, when the soldiers would be distracted by looking at the griffin, was the time for the elf to act.

She flew as low as she safely could, trying to attract as much attention as possible. Many lives could depend on Aralle and Glistenfae's success.
Old 01-24-2003, 04:37 AM   #255
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

The horses noticed the griffin first and became very restless. Imarwyn noticed the horses' odd behaviour as she was tying her pack onto Merrah. But she did not guess the reason until she felt the wind that came from the beating wings on her hair and a shadow passed her by as the griffin sailed low over the camp. One of the soldiers gave a cry alarm and all faces looked upwards. Some soldiers reached for their weapons, others merely stared at the griffin to determine whether this was an attack or not.
Old 01-24-2003, 09:32 PM   #256
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

"should of guessed that," I snickered at myself half in amusent and half at my own stupidity. Since all the soilders were now gawking up or trying to figure away out to bring the griffin; Aralle down i slowly snuck up towards the group. Quietly as an elf could which is quite quiet, i kept low and crouched forward snatching the bag in which the weapons had been put. Making sure they wouldn't rattle so as the gaurds wouldn't look back towards me, i snuck out slowly clutching the bag tightly. As soon as i was back in my woods i carefully set the bag out of the way. I then began debate what to do, should i give them back now or set a diversion so Aralle could get away safely. "What a decision," I muttered. "Well if i gave back the weapons right away without drawing the soilders attention away from everyone else they might snatch them up again. But if i grabbed someone from that group told them to give back the weapons and then helped Aralle out. That shall have to work," I sighed. "Talking to myself what next?" I mocked myself. I crept out from the trees and grabbed Glimdrell and pulled him back into the trees with me. Good ol' elf i thought lucky thing that hobbit i had cut earlier wasn't the closest i dont think she trusts me. "okay heres what your going to do, See this bag," I pointed behind me, "Yours and the others weapons are in there, give them back while I go help out Aralle!" I screamed in a hushed voice. I turned away quickly so i didn't even know if he understood what i said or if he understood what was going on, but oh well. I grabbed an empty bag i had found earlier and stuffed it full of leaves and heavy rocks to make it look like it was actually the weapons. I crept out again from the trees once again behind the soilders. I took a deep breath and ran out of the trees pretending to fall over thing until i finally hit the ground, i pushed the bag out in front of me so it looked like i was trying to get them back to everyone else which i had already done. The soilders then drew their atttention to me which i had accounted on. I grinned sheepishly at them and tried to get up but was knocked over again. Well at least Aralle got away without being seen, but now what was I going to do? Maybe this wasn't such a good idea.
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
Old 01-25-2003, 08:14 PM   #257
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ic:Gil: It seemed the Griffin we had met earlier was soering over the company and making loops in the air as though trying to be seen. I wondered why she would put herself in such a possesion but also noticedthe suddent absence of the two elves and weapons. I then understood that the griffin must have been a destraction. I searched the woods to spot the two elves but found nothing. Adrian seemed to have noticed the same thing as I did and i alerted Aasar to the missing elves as well.
a small dagger was pushed silently into my hand and I noticed a flick of golden hair pass by. Everyone gave a silent gasp at their weapons being given back by the flick of gold.
The griffin left the air and I knew we would be in trouble if found with the weapons in our hands and two elves missing.
Old 01-26-2003, 09:17 AM   #258
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

I waited. Then the griffin went into the air. I leapt up into the air and grabbed hold off the Griffin and brought her soaring to the Groung with a bang. I started to hover before I hit the ground aswell. I flew down at the griffin and grabbed her with my Feet-Claws. I soared back into the air and dropped her down to the ground from a great height. I flew to the ground and changed into Human form. I drew my Large Black curved sword and stalked over to where the Griffin lay on the ground. She had changed back to human form and she had a broken leg. I kneeled down and raised my sword in the air. I stopped and changed back into Gargoyle form, and took off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 11:37 AM   #259
Silverstripe

Aralle stared at the gargoyle for a moment, then transformed into a griffin again and went after him. She felt she must try to bring him down, although she knew this was very risky.

The gargoyle had obviously been involved in the war; he'd been trained to fight in the manner of his people. Any fighting Aralle could do in griffin form, she'd had to teach herself. And she'd never had anything like a gargoyle as her opponent before.

But the gargoyle had probably been called back by them, and Aralle couldn't let him reach his destination. She soared after him, and caught up with him at the edge of the forest.

She darted in and attacked his wings, not aiming to kill yet, merely to disable the gargoyle. This time, he was the one caught by surprise. He hadn't expected Aralle to follow, and that cost him dearly.

He stopped Aralle from doing further damage to his wing, then turned to attack her. But though the griffin was not a very experienced fighter, she was extremely fast. She pulled away before he could reach her, then flew back and attacked again.

This time he was ready for her attack, and did not allow her to get to his wings. He lashed out with his claws, striking her across the face, then tearing at her wings. He was using her strategy; trying to get her out of the sky, not kill her.

Why?

In the air, at any rate, the gargoyle was obviously the better fighter of the two. They continued to fight. Aralle's unconventional tactics saved her, for the gargoyle was not used to countering them, and didn't fight as well as he would have against a griffin who'd been trained to fight in the griffin way.

Darting in and out, Aralle managed a few blows to the gargoyle's wings. But it would not be enough. Aralle was tiring, and she couldn't keep this up for long at full speed. The gargoyle was going to win...

Aralle "screamed," a birdlike sound that put all of her airborne allies in the area on the alert. If the gargoyle attacked again, they would kill him.

"We are both dead if this continues, gargoyle. Come. Let us speak together, as griffins and gargoyles once did before the great war," called Aralle in the griffin tongue.

Not that griffins and gargoyles had ever been friends. But once they had sworn not to harm each other, and griffins and gargoyles had often met each other as messengers between warring groups, especially wizards.

That vow, Aralle thought bitterly, was broken by the gargoyles, and ended in death and destruction.
Old 01-28-2003, 10:12 PM   #260
Silverstripe

The gargoyle nodded -- he'd been spending far too much time in human form -- and flew to the ground. Aralle followed him, hoping he would keep the agreement he had just made with her. Because he had agreed to her terms, griffins and gargoyles (at least this gargoyle) had again sworn not to harm each other. The griffin hoped that this time, the vow would not be broken.

"What do you want, griffin?" asked the gargoyle. He did not sound angry, only tired.

"I could ask the same question of you. To kill me? No, that could not be your reason for coming, or you would have done so already. What information do your masters seek?"

Aralle changed back into human form, winced at the pain in her leg, and became a griffin again. Only as a griffin could she fly or walk. The gargoyle noticed this, and shifted into the dark-haired man, a rather smug expression on his face.

At that moment, someone charged in at the gargoyle, attacking him and screaming out a battle cry. It was a hobbit! The dark-haired man tried to fend the hobbit off, but failed. He became a gargoyle again, and took off into the sky.

Aralle was frustrated; she'd been close to finding out why he'd come in the first place. Now he was gone, and might attack again when he returned. And she wouldn't be able to surprise him again. Aralle turned to scold the gargoyle's attacker, but her angry glare turned into astonishment as she realized what had just happened.

A hobbit? Defeat a gargoyle? Impossible. Even with the gargoyle in his less powerful human form, the brave hobbit should be dead by now, and the gargoyle could have killed her in seconds after shifting back into his true form. From everything Aralle knew, what had happened simply couldn't have happened. Unless ... unless the gargoyle had no desire to kill.

Last edited by Silverstripe : 01-28-2003 at 10:19 PM.