Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-11-2004, 12:27 AM   #241
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

"Well, we did fan out and looked for other trails when we came to the end of that one, so I think we would have noticed if a new one started randomly," said Hamid.
"Unless we missed something. We certainly don't have all the pieces to this puzzle," said Hamish, riding with Callinya in front of him. Greyson was riding alongside, with Rorin riding behind him.

OOC: Edit is, I forgot to bring Rorin along! Sorry to godmod Amea, but I didn't want him randomly left behind.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-11-2004 at 12:31 AM.
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 08:46 PM   #242
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC:I had to be bossy...sorry. I'll try your easy reading tip Nurv. Or I could just be difficult....being difficult is fun!

IC:
"Well I haven't been around to many shifters...and I've never died...." Callinya started to say.
"You don't say! You've never died Cal?! Thanks for clearing that one up." Hamish interupted.
"Shut up and let me finish. Anyway, I've never died so I wouldn't know about the whole shift back thing. I do know that Jan's people are different from me and other shifters. So maybe the rules are different, or maybe the invaders of Harad recognized me, it's not to often you see a rat running around in daylight going into specific tents. If they did recognize me it's possible they hired shifters and orcs...but then they would have had to follow me back. For them to have done that it implies that they already had shifters working for them. Who are these invaders?!" Callinya was becoming frustrated again.

OOC: Apperently my charater has an anger managment problem.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 08:59 PM   #243
Amea
Elven Warrior

Meanwhile...

* in the feids outside of Harad*
Devak: Whao! *she pulled flare to a stop* easy girl good girl, *Flare lets out a squeal, of fear, and she rears, but devak holds on and manages to get flare under control* whoa, easy girl... Devak let out a scream as she fell from her horse with an arrow in her back, She hit the ground with a thud, she could see two figures creep closer to her, Slowly her vision started to fade to shapes, dots then no more...*

*devak laughs crazily*
Blue: Oh boy, She's cracked, She's gone nuts, Devak, Devak get a grip.
*Devak grabs blue by the throat*
Blue: Good grip
Duh! I've got markers!!!! :P
Amea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 09:17 PM   #244
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Did we know where Devak went, or did she disappear right after we forded the river?
I'm going to advance by three days so Twista can play, I hope this doesn't mess up anyone's plans. (You can always give a tiny back story, especially Devak, though she is unconscious.) Prepare for a super godmod by the current wearer of the Bossy Pants!

"Maybe Jan's people can help us figure that out, once we have their assistance, we'll have a lot more options," Hamish tried to calm Callinya down with a small amount of success.

The group rode until dusk was almost upon them, and they found a suitible campsite. The next day, they rose at dawn and continued south east under Jan's guidance. Though he sometimes corrected their direction, he gave no indication as to how close they were to their lands.
After another day of riding, they were well into south Gondor.

As his friends rode south, Farkad spent the next three days riding to Dunharrow. Mid-morning, he arrived in Dunharrow. The town seemed to have only one pub, so Farkad went there first as a logical meeting place.

OOC: Go for it Twista, you can describe the setting if you want.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 03-12-2004, 12:12 PM   #245
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

The air was musky inside the pub, hard to tell if the drinkers preferred this to the harsh cold felt outsite. An intersting little place it was also, full of battle memories of the past fights with the barbarians of the highlands. Farkad seemed to be an outsider to all, evil looks as if his kind wasnt wanted about here...

Seconds later, a call was heard in his head, but to know other -

" So you are the one who has come? "

Farkad looked swiftly to his left, and in the corner, by a small dying fire, sat a hooded man, quietly reading.

ooc : at last! lol

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 03:22 PM   #246
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Farkad sat down at the fire warily. Was this man a telepath? Impossible. "Are you Celian Malede?" he asked. "Akkar sent me to meet you. He's the leaders of our group of... wanderers."

OOC: Is that how you spell your name?
Quote:
Old 03-12-2004, 09:42 PM   #247
Amea
Elven Warrior

For the past three days

Devak: * inside a cold dungion somewhere inside the city of Harad*
Devak: *light filtered through her eyelids it was harsh and it flickered voices echoed who or what they where she couldn't fathom so she just lied still*
Voice1: Is she up?
Voice2: no, lord Tominator is not going to like this, she's been asleep for three days...
OCC: This is from the date of her capture so I'm still up in time with you
ICC:
Voice1: They must had over dosed the arrow, we were expexting the one they call Akkar so it was dosed wrong... we made a ...
voice2: A what? You were about to say a mistake, wheren't you...
Voice1: no I wasn't...
Voice2: You know what happens to people who make mistakes...
Voice1: Sir, no I didn't...
Voice2: yes you did, sorry but you know the rules, *voice2 pulls out it's sword and kills voice1, blood splaters everywere... devak lies still as footsteps left the room*
Devak: Crap, I need to get out of here, picalo, where are you?
*picalo pops into the room*
Picalo: Yeah
Devak: Ehem!
Picalo: Um I mean hi
Devak: Take a message to Akkar, please, tell him where I am and what is going on I want you to come back as soon as posibble, with a return message okay
picalo: I got it, be careful please... *poof, she poped inside the pub where Akkar and the rest of the group where staying and she tried to searched out Akkar but she couldn't find him, so she flew off in search of someone eles who could help her master*

*devak laughs crazily*

Last edited by Amea : 03-12-2004 at 11:34 PM.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:45 PM   #248
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

(Meanwhile, back in Dunharrow...)

Suddenly, a mild disturbance at the door. One of the more boisterous patrons of the establishment raises his voice and shouts: 'What IS this... Auslanders' Nacht??"

Farkad and his hooded companion turn to look, suddenly feeling a bit conspicuous themselves. Sure, we're all friends now... and the Rohirrim are good folk. But the people up here in the hills aren't so used to strangers.

They see a tall figure in a gray hood and cloak of his own, wading through the other people around the doorway and on into the room... as tall as any of the natives, taller than most, he pulls back his hood to reveal dark hair, in contrast with the fair Rohirrim about him. Doing so, he also reveals an emblem on his breast - a brooch of silver shaped like a rayed star.

He speaks with measured voice, "No need for concern, good people of Rohan. I am merely a traveler seeking warmth from the cold evening, food for an empty stomach... and maybe a reminder of old memories... that haunt me a bit, still, I fear."

At the words haunt and fear, the people of Dunharrow back away a step. A grizzled man at the bar turns and, noting the star says; "I've seen such a star before. Ten years ago, when I rode with the King Theoden... why... I KNOW you! YOU were among the company that came from the North! That rode right here to Dunharrow with us and King Aragorn... but who took the road... south!" The man turned back to his drink, head down.

"My name is Celebreg." said the stranger with a thin smile. "I did not mark your face that day, for my heart was heavy. But valiant and true were all who rode with Theoden. My father rode with me too, and others of my kin. But that's all behind us now. Indeed, it was my father who sent me forth - with a message to that same King - Elessar, as many now name him. The bar looks pleasant tonight, but I'm of a mind to sit at the fire."

'Crazy Fairhelm' had told the story many times before - but not many had believed him. Was it REALLY TRUE - wondered the men of the place... that the King had traveled... there!? And of course, things weren't crazy up there like they'd been before that time. The hills about had 'settled down' considerably since then... but folk here still remembered deeply how things used to be up in those hills.

Celebreg walked over to the fire and took the stool to the other side of Farkad... only then did he seem to notice that they were strangers here as well. Still, he greeting them with friendship... making it clear that bygones were bygones.

"Greetings! This fire is quite warm. Is there warm bread as well? And do they make wassail around here? I am Celebreg from the far North. Who are you?"

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!

Last edited by Valandil : 03-12-2004 at 10:20 PM.
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 10:40 PM   #249
Fimbrethil

OOC: Where did you go Amea? No! I shall not be calmed! Actually I shall...I don't feel like being angery right now.

IC:
"That is if Jan's people will except stranger's. I think it would be better if he went in first explained what was going on and then we make our appearnce. By the by...did anyone notice, Devak's gone." Callinya said very calmly.

Old 03-12-2004, 11:32 PM   #250
Amea
Elven Warrior

Picalo: *flies toward Callinya, she is very out of breath* Devak Traped... need help harad, in the enimies hands, grave danger need to... go get her or the prophosie(I think that's how it's spelled oops) will... *picalo faints before the rest of the message is heard*

*devak laughs crazily*
Old 03-13-2004, 12:04 AM   #251
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

"This figures. Now someone else knows of the prophecy."
"What are you talking about?"

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 06:42 PM   #252
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Are we near your people now Jan? Your call.
By the way, what exactly is Picalo again? I always think this little dragon dude for some reason.

"I did notice Devak was gone, she disappeared after we forded the Anduin. Though we welcomed her on the journey, she's not bound to us. If she wanted to leave on her own mission, she's entitled. I hope she does come back though," said Akkar to Callinya.
"Yeah, and I think I speak for everyone when I say I'm a bit worried about her," said Aranek. "She left without even a goodbye. She must have had to do something serious."
Suddenly, Picalo burst from the trees, and delivered his message, exhausted. She collapsed in front of Callinya, who caught her gently.
"Devak is captured by our enemies, this is grave news," said Akkar.
Hamish almost said, "For our enemies," but held his tongue. Now wasn't the right time for joking.
"When Picalo is feeling strong enough, she can take a message back to her. I hope she doesn't get caught herself," said Akkar. "We will try to rescue her of course. Maybe we could infiltrate their camp somehow. We could do that in conjunction with Picalo finding out exactly where she's being held."

At Dunharrow, Farkad and Celian sat at a table in the smoky pub, and another stranger to the area greeted them.
"Welcome friend," said Farkad to the tall newcomer. He was feeling distincly more friendly towards strangers. He had personally dealt with any animosity towards the Gondorians and northerners* a while ago. Though the land was at peace, his obvious differences sometimes stirred up old wounds. This had led to some encounters he'd rather forget, and it was refreshing to be greeted so warmly. His recent encounters at "The Sandy Forest" helped him as well. There, he had made friends with people from many different cultures, that he never would have befriended before.
"My friend and I," said Farkad, indicating the Elf, "Were just about to have a pint together." He turned to Celian, "We can talk about the letter later if you want."
*He thinks of everyone north of Gondor as northerners, since to him, they are. Since Gondor is a lot closer to Harad, and they had had dealings, he does think of them as Gondorians.

EDIT: Picalo is a she. Oops.
OOC: Akkar and co had left the pub a long time ago Amea. (The last part of your post.)
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-13-2004 at 06:57 PM.
Old 03-13-2004, 06:53 PM   #253
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

"This is grave news indeed," said faligorn,
"I have often thought devak is a power to be reckoned with, in the short time i have known her. Therefore, i believe we must make every effort to help her"
he leant down, and adjusted the stirrups, before rising in his saddle, and letting out a blast of his horn
"I have friends secreted about these woods," said faligorn
"They are all doughty people, from west gondor, like myself.
They will help us, if i command it"
Suddenly, Faligorn's lieutenant, Azgarron, appeared from the trees on the left
"You called, My Lord?" he asked when he came forth
"Yes," said Faligorn, "Gather all of our men, and come hither
as swift as you may" he commanded,
with this, Azgarron bowed low, almost to the ground, and departed as swiftly as he had arrived

ooc: I bet you all thought i was just some peasant from lebennin, eh?
i have only 10 men besides myself, but every little helps
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 07:04 PM   #254
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: My characters will scout regularly and thouroughly, but it will be "off-screen", since it would make a boring post. Quit making my characters look like jerks guys!

"Dammit, I knew that was a proper trail, I should have said something," said Aranek, at the appearance of Faligorn's lieutenant.
"You mean that one yesterday morning, when we were scouting?" said Greyson.
"Yes! It was disguised, but I knew what it was. I'm getting sick of being out-tracked by random people," said Aranek, uncommonly frustrated.
"Hah, tell me about it," said Callinya, still holding the unconscious Picalo.
"Anyway, how many other men have you had following us without our complete knowledge," said Akkar. "I appreciate the help, but you could have shared this information with us Faligorn."

OOC: No offence Amea, but Lord Tominator? (Asta la vista baby, immediately springs to mind. ) Erm, what about Tominat?
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-13-2004 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-13-2004, 08:59 PM   #255
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

"Do not worry, my good Akkar" said faligorn, "My men have not been following needlessly, as they are charged with my protection" he continued"There are only ten men, other than myself, but i feel i now trust you all enough to introduce myself a bit better" he went on "I am the lord of lebennin, and these men are my lieutenant, my messenger, and 8 captains of my household"
suddenly, a thundering of hooves came from up the path, as ten riders, clad in brightly shining armour, on black horses came riding along, with Azgarron at their head.

ooc: now you see why i didnt give my character a proper introduction i had an ace up my sleeve
Old 03-13-2004, 09:28 PM   #256
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Akkar was satisfied with Faligorn's explanation, though he still didn't like it that there had been ten mounted men following them without his knowledge. He had to grudgingly admit that he would have done the same thing in Faligorn's place. "The aid is definitely welcome Faligorn. This just goes to show that people are not always who they first appear." Akkar had thought Faligorn was an ordinary warrior, maybe a captain or lieutenant due to his skill and excellent horse. "First Jan, and now you turn out to be powerful leaders." Akkar wondered if there was something more than pure chance that brought all of them together in this group. His thoughts wandered for a moment... what had Devak been doing when she had been captured? It must have been important.
As Faligorn's men approached, Akkar's men talked amongst themselves.
"They are mounted on huge warhorses, and wearing shiny armour. Not dirty and damaged like ours, but polished, uncamoflaged, and highly reflective," Aranek said gloomily. "How did we not see them!"
"Maybe they were covering their armour until they were ready to reveal themselves," offered Hamid.
"I hope that is the case," said Hamish, "But they still hid the trails of ten warhorses from us. That's just embarassing."
"Akkar's going to have our heads," said Greyson.
"He was scouting too, and didn't see anything either," said Hamish.
"I would avoid bringing that up if I were you," Greyson cautioned.
"I think they followed at enough distance that they were outside the range of our scouting. Mostly, they were highly successful. It would be hard to guage something like that. There was only the one disguised trail of a footman that I found, obviously they did their own scouting on foot," Aranek said wisely.
"Of course! That must be it. That still demonstrates good tracking skills on their part, but at least it doesn't embarass us," said Hamish.
Pansy, who had been uncharacteristically quiet, guided Cory up alongside them. "If you're worried about scouting, I can help," she said.
"Yes, you did say Hobbits were stealthy a while ago," Aranek recalled.
"We would love your help, thanks Pansy," said Hamid.

OOC: Sorry to godmod Pip, but I didn't want her getting left out.
EDIT: I added some dialogue for Akkar, oops.
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-13-2004 at 09:38 PM.
Old 03-13-2004, 10:44 PM   #257
Fimbrethil

OOC: This is a popular thread. Hey! I got some new books today! YaY! For me!

IC:
"Maybe I should go with Picalo...but she's still out cold, poor baby. When she wakes up if she says I should go with her then I'm going to go. Until then..." Callinya's voice trailed off as she slipped off Hamish's horse and went to talk to Faligorn's men.
"How did you hide your trails so well? I'm Callinya by the way." Not even bothering to wait for an answer she shifted into a wolf and circled the riders and their mounts, oddly enough the horses didn't seem to mind. She picked up a scent and wandered pff into the woods to search for their trail, perhaps it would give her a clue to the orcs.
"That's Cal for you." Hamish said to no one in particular.

OOC: Sorry...had to do it.

Old 03-13-2004, 10:58 PM   #258
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

The men shifted uneasily in their saddles when callinya suddenly changed into a wolf, until faligorn rode close, and told them not to worry, as she is a shapeshifter. the horses were stock still, as usual, not taking any notice of callinya.
all of faligorn's men then tied their horses and climbed down, taking their packs with them
"Would anyone like a honey cake?" asked faligorn
"Or some herb-baked bread?, my men have brought fresh supplies" he continued "We also have some of our best cheese, nice and pungent!" he said as an aside, to akkar
he then offered cake, bread, cheese and mead around the group,

"Do not worry about not picking up my men's trails," he said when he reached Akkar's men "They were wearing their cloaks, so as not to reflect the sun, and they followed at a discreet distance. Did you not notice my armour, also?" He went on
"Under my cloak, i too am wearing armour!"

Last edited by Last Child of Ungoliant : 03-13-2004 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-13-2004, 11:41 PM   #259
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: No worries Fim. Actually, I don't know what you might be apologizing for...

"I did notice you were wearing armour, I just didn't notice properly if you know what I mean," said Akkar. "Well no matter, you are all skilled trackers, and what you say explains why we didn't pick your trails up very well. Though I echo Callinya's question, how did you hide your trails so well?" said Akkar.
The other Haradrim relaxed, seeing Akkar wasn't mad about the scouting.
"I hope Callinya doesn't take off for too long," said Akkar, "We might need her. We should make a proper plan around rescuing Devak."
Callinya loped into the woods as a wolf, leaving Hamish holding Picalo. He took an extra shirt from his pack and wrapped her in it.

EDIT: I think I left out something important... Picalo!
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-13-2004 at 11:45 PM.
Old 03-13-2004, 11:47 PM   #260
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

"Even better, we are now in the vicinity of my homeland. And since we have another delagation I am so glad that I'm the leader for once. I hope Jier has held the Home in saftey." At the puzzled looks of my companions I explained. "Jeir is my advisior. And here is the first of the ents. Lithelimb!" I called up to a tall birch.
"Yes, who is it?" He said groggily
"Jan! Now bend down so I don't have to shout."
"Of course Jan."
"Does the forest thrive well?"
"Not as well as under your care Jan."
"I'll discuss that with Jier..." I said, with an undertone of dismay. "Never had he failed me before. Oh, thanks for the report Lithelimb."
"Of course my friend."
*little later*
"Okay, we are now officially in my land. I welcome you graciously."

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote