Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-01-2005, 01:54 AM   #241
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
(To Lotesse) I hope it'll be unlousied soon then.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 02:41 AM   #242
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

BB, could you possibly change you small part with Gimli so we can have what happens in the book, because that's one of my favourite parts.
Thanks
TD
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 06:02 AM   #243
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
BB, could you possibly change you small part with Gimli so we can have what happens in the book, because that's one of my favourite parts.
Thanks
TD

Done i think, all continuity tidied up in a typically sensible way
(mind you i was looking forward to a take on the film's and the book's Theoden's speech before they charged out!)

P.s. liked the PJ attck by Gimli

BTW Grey Wolf: loved the Eowyn as Kill Bill Character, can we see some more of her, maybe Pj will take a hint and head off to the mountains (close to the paths of the dead ...) for some peace and quiet mountain air and after the badly judged " i hate fishermen" T shirt put on a new one "I love Bill" ??

also what are pippin and merry up to and .. er ... frodo and Sam???

Last edited by Butterbeer : 05-01-2005 at 06:04 AM.
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 06:08 AM   #244
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
Done i think, all continuity tidied up in a typically sensible way
(mind you i was looking forward to a take on the film's and the book's Theoden's speech before they charged out!)

P.s. liked the PJ attck by Gimli

BTW Grey Wolf: loved the Eowyn as Kill Bill Character, can we see some more of her, maybe Pj will take a hint and head off to the mountains (close to the paths of the dead ...) for some peace and quiet mountain air and after the badly judged " i hate fishermen" T shirt put on a new one "I love Bill" ??

also what are pippin and merry up to and .. er ... frodo and Sam???
Merry & Pippin is at Isengard awaiting the arrival of Gandalf, Theoden & co.

Frodo's and Sam's further adventures will be handled after the depowering of Saruman and Gandalf's ride off to Minas Tirith with Pippin.

Between the return of the victorious Rohirrim to Edoras and before Aragorn, Legolas & Gimli has gone into the Paths of the Dead Kill Bill-Eowyn will make a reappearance.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 05-01-2005 at 06:12 AM.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:19 AM   #245
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Hurrah!
can't wait to see how (amazingly) she doesn't stand out on the ride south in that tight yellow cat-suit!

have you ever seen a cartoon called 'Undercover Elephant'?
It's basic premise is: theres this big Elephant detective who would put on a hat and false moustache and no one would ever notice (even with the long trunk and very big ears!)

maybe we could kinda go with that for Kill Bill 'Wow' Eowyn: maybe have her disguise go to a false French accent or somesuch too?
I'd like to keep her in the catsuit (well you know what i mean! : whaddya reckon?
Old 05-01-2005, 06:27 AM   #246
Telcontar_Dunedain

Umm, i haven't seen Kill Bill, so I probably need to be filled in.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 05-01-2005, 09:15 AM   #247
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
Hurrah!
can't wait to see how (amazingly) she doesn't stand out on the ride south in that tight yellow cat-suit!

have you ever seen a cartoon called 'Undercover Elephant'?
It's basic premise is: theres this big Elephant detective who would put on a hat and false moustache and no one would ever notice (even with the long trunk and very big ears!)

maybe we could kinda go with that for Kill Bill 'Wow' Eowyn: maybe have her disguise go to a false French accent or somesuch too?
I'd like to keep her in the catsuit (well you know what i mean! : whaddya reckon?
maybe she can be covered up in black rohirrim bikers uniform as they travel to Gondor. that'll make her anonymous enough and then she reveals herself in front of the head Lawyer at the battle of Pelennor.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:54 AM   #248
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
Umm, i haven't seen Kill Bill, so I probably need to be filled in.
The yellow leather catsuit thing we were discussing can be seen here:
http://killbill.movies.go.com/
Uma Thurman, as Beatrix, main character of Kill Bill (vol.1), is wearing it on the front cover of the DVD.
I like the idea of an obviously fake mustache. That, in combination with the highly obvious yellow suit, would be pretty funny.

Merry can sit behind Éowyn on the bike, and everyone can pretend not to see, as per book.

Or we could tone it down to the jeans and black leather jacket she wears in Vol. 2.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 05:56 PM   #249
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

* cough*
re-reads post out of incredulity

"Tone it down" ?????

..er.. Yellow cat suit stays i vote! With the fake moustache of course.

what about the fake french accent to add a twist of lemon as it were?

I totally agree the funny part is how everyone pretends to see nothing thw whole time : i say lets just therefore crank it up a touch:

..er that bright yellow cat-suit wearing girl with the samaurai sword and the big curly moustache and the odd french accent? The one Without a hobbit clinging on behind her?

Nah never noticed!

Last edited by Butterbeer : 05-01-2005 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:19 PM   #250
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

I agree with Butterbeer, anyway I think Eowyn really DOES seem Uma Thurmanesque a la Quentin Tarantino.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 06:09 AM   #251
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
I agree with Butterbeer, anyway I think Eowyn really DOES seem Uma Thurmanesque a la Quentin Tarantino.
well quite: that's why Grey Wolf deserves so much praise for Eowyn as Beatrix in Kill BIll: it just a perfect image and idea
Old 05-02-2005, 07:52 AM   #252
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

Leave it to the guys to turn the battle scenes into Mad Max epics You bunch of nutters (on a side note, I call the squirrels that race around our orchard, nutters, it’s a term of endearment, so don’t slay me)

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!
EarthBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 01:04 PM   #253
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

You guys, I was thinking, whenever Aragorn et al get to the corsair ships, that the ships could be commercial fishing trawlers, but the "bad" kind who use gigantic nets, the nets that often trap & kill dolphins, squids, turtles - you know. The fishermen could be guys that have been corrupted by Sauron & company, perhaps they've been turned into crack fiends? That's why I had PJ fall into the mud of the banks of the Anduin - to make that connection as to why we see him (as a "bad-guy") in the film version of RotK. Anyway... what thinkest thou?

Old 05-03-2005, 03:44 PM   #254
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Welcome to the thread Lotesse! I know the technical name for those kind of nets. I wrote a paper on that only a month ago!

Aha. Seiners (the boats), use purse seine nets. They have been criticized for catching non-commercial species, which happens because everything encircled by the net is lifted out of the water in a sort of giant mesh sack.

"Finding Nemo" spoilers:

This is the kind of boat that almost caught Nemo at the end of the movie.

I think your idea for the Corsairs is great. The fisherman used small gillnet boats until Sauron provided them with a bigger fleet...
We could even have a little more back story and reveal that Sauron had engineered the transition of the commercial fishing fleet of Umbar and Harad from fishermen owning their own boats, to people working for large companies (owned by Sauron himself)! He did this with the guise of making the industry more fair, and more environmentally friendly, but really he wanted to get the economy under his control! How evil!

EDIT:
Sorry I haven't posted in the game thread much. I don't have any good ideas ATM, but you guys have it well under control.

But Telcontar, you have an incomplete sentence! Shock and alarm!
Quote:
With Gandalf would go Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli, who despite his injury sustained killing the fat man with glasses.
... and did what?
[/grammar nazi]
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 05-03-2005 at 03:50 PM.
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 03:57 PM   #255
Telcontar_Dunedain

If you check very carefully I'm sure you'll find the rest after that!

Old 05-03-2005, 07:43 PM   #256
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

[QUOTE]Nurvingiel:
Sorry I haven't posted in the game thread much. I don't have any good ideas ATM QUOTE]

all ideas are good ideas if written with a bit of love for the spirit of the thing: c'mon Nurvingiel! lets be havin' a post: don't be shy!

we'll give you 24 hrs from this post: or else Tessar and accomplices (anonymous) will kidnapp another Hippo ( and Pytt god bless him (or her?????) really will go on the war-path - possibly - i cannot or do not speak for him or her ( ... BTW who whispered 'Tessar' ? - apols Mr T!

for anyone not getting that see the ' Teacup cafe'
Old 05-04-2005, 04:12 PM   #257
Telcontar_Dunedain

Great posts GW. I pity the Lyrder who will follow.

Old 05-04-2005, 04:50 PM   #258
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Word!!

Old 05-04-2005, 05:11 PM   #259
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Sorry. Did I use too much of the book? .

Isn't it rather easy now. Just proceed to the telling of the meeting of Theoden & co and Merry & Pippin.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 05-04-2005 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:05 AM   #260
Telcontar_Dunedain

No, I meant they were brilliant posts and the next person to post will have a job to get any where near as good as theywere.