Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-11-2003, 12:40 PM   #241
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Zavron, I see you're online right now, and I'm glad I caught you. Since my last post, this has been the first time I've been online- school and other things getting in the way.

So let's discuss this difficulty we seem to have run into.

There are quite a few things with the Red Flame-Blue Flame that are important in the plot I've invented- it goes deeper than it is on the surface. For that reason, Servant of the Dark Order, I'll need to PM you some of the details of what's going on with the bad guys if you're going to be playing them.

Because this involves plot details that I'd rather not reveal on an open thread, would you mind clearing out your Inbox so that we can discuss any contradictions between the RPGs in PMs?
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 12:54 PM   #242
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

Sorry, In have said No you can't use it in this Rpg.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 01:12 PM   #243
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Editing the Flames would mean major editing throughout the RPG, for they are mentioned in many places and my plot is built around them. Because of that, I'd like to discuss it with you. But the idea for the Flames was originally yours, and I respect that. You have the final say, for the ideas are yours.

All that I'm suggesting is that we discuss it. I have not seen any contradictions between the plots yet- you haven't told me what these contradictions are. I'm pretty good at fixing things plot related, so I'd appreciate your giving me a chance.

The point of this wasn't to steal your idea in any way. I read your legend of the Flames and thought that incorporating them into our RPG would bolster your original plan, as well as making a very fun RPG for us here.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 01-11-2003 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-11-2003, 01:59 PM   #244
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Zavron - the one last thing I would like to add is that I think you should at least discuss it with Lief. After all, the point of the Tolkientrail, and of this forum, is for the sharing of ideas. I can't see anything but benefit from spreading the idea of the Red Flame, and I don't see how it creates any contradictions with your own work. After all, isn't the hallmark of a great idea the fact that other people want to share in it?
Old 01-11-2003, 02:23 PM   #245
zavron

How about The Order of The Shadow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 01-11-2003, 05:52 PM   #246
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Very well- If you won't discuss it with me, Zavron, then I'll think of something else. I'll inform the rest of you players what I come up with, and will be interested in hearing any new ideas that some of you might have . If some of it helps to involve your own characters better, then you can post me those ideas.

I'll be online more today and tomorrow (as it is the weekend), so I'll be available to discuss it with you all at this time. I'll be here some during the week too, but still not at all much.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 01-11-2003 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-11-2003, 11:38 PM   #247
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

K well i'm confused like do u guys really want me in this rpg or is like some of the stuff in the hytrox trying to hint at me to like leave and not to return? I'm very confused do u guys want me to quit or something?
Jack: "Monkey!"
"It's captain Jack Sparrow, captain..."
"If you were waiting for the opportune moment that was it."
Red coat, "Impersonating a judge."
Jack: (Oh, ya that was fun look on his face)
"Do us a favour...i know it's hard...but stay here and try not to do...anything...stupid."
"Yes...but why is the rum gone?!"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
elvishfaerie3088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 12:57 AM   #248
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

What on Earth are you talking about? Of course we want you to stay!
Old 01-12-2003, 03:11 AM   #249
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

Well it sure doesn't seem like it! i don't even see how i fit!
Jack: "Monkey!"
"It's captain Jack Sparrow, captain..."
"If you were waiting for the opportune moment that was it."
Red coat, "Impersonating a judge."
Jack: (Oh, ya that was fun look on his face)
"Do us a favour...i know it's hard...but stay here and try not to do...anything...stupid."
"Yes...but why is the rum gone?!"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
elvishfaerie3088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 06:21 AM   #250
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Well, let me assure you that we want you in. What makes you feel that you don't fit?
Old 01-12-2003, 10:09 AM   #251
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

First of all Zavron, if I seemed rude in my last post, I didn't meen it that way, sorry The discussion of who has been here the longest is just a bunch of crap, I meen, yes, I was registered almost a year before you here, though that doesn't matter, and I don't see how it came up in the first place...
And if you think the Red Flame in this RPG affects your other Blue Flame RPG, then very well (still I do not see how it hurts or steals your idea at all) A great idea anyway... and the Order of the Red Flame has a sertain cling to it that is so cool... I just wish you could see that putting it into this RPG will not affect your other rpg at all... and I'd hate to see Lief trash whatever plot he probably has spent many hours to come up with... but very well, looks like you stand your ground

Glistenfae, I guess you just have to find a way to interact further with people, till this point your character seems rather rude and mad, and I'm beginning to see that you're hinting to a reason for it... interesting!
Old 01-12-2003, 10:59 AM   #252
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Ideas

Okay Elvenfaerie, I've thought of an idea that might help you connect your character to things better.

I also got a new plot idea, and it's looking pretty good. Might have to develop it a little bit more, but it's looking pretty well in shape. I had to drop my previously written history of the Hytorax and the Red Flame-Blue Flame interaction, but this new idea still makes everything that has happened and will happen make sense. Except the titles- we'll have to go back and edit every post which calls the Red Flame or Blue Flame by their titles, Red Flame or Blue Flame. We'll have to rename them.

I personally thing the "Shadow Order" sounds corny (Sorry Zavron ), but I'd be open to listening to other ideas for the names of the groups.

Tessar, I rather forget what we had decided on in terms of Elise. I don't remember if it had any connection to the Flames or not. If it did, please PM me and we'll discuss how to fix it according to the new plot.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 01-12-2003 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-12-2003, 11:49 AM   #253
zavron

Quote:
Originally posted by Arat-Falathion
First of all Zavron, if I seemed rude in my last post, I didn't meen it that way, sorry The discussion of who has been here the longest is just a bunch of crap, I meen, yes, I was registered almost a year before you here, though that doesn't matter, and I don't see how it came up in the first place...

Nobody actually said anything about being in The Enrmoot. It was in This Rpg. I was here in this Rpg before you. I wasn't here when you registered, I know that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 01-12-2003, 11:53 AM   #254
zavron

Is it allright if I work on the name of The Bad guy, seeingas I caused a bit of a disruption in the flow. I'll do that for you lief and I'll try not to make it sound corny.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 01-12-2003, 11:59 AM   #255
zavron

I've been looking for something that seems like some Evil Order when I found this:

Quote:
There is a group of monks who worship the God, Gorn. Gorn, it is said, is a god of purity, strength, and peace. All of the beliefs and scrolls of Gorn, however, show Him as a violent enforcer of that peace. While the prescripts prohibit the drawing of blood of thy fellow creatures, it does not prohibit the use of body to bring people into the light which is the Almighty Blessed Gorn.
I found it quite Interesting and I am working on These Dark Monks and Sorcerers that worship an Evil being posing as a God, I decided to use this as a basis if that is Ok. I'm sure it will be able to fit in with you Plots lief!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 01-12-2003, 12:26 PM   #256
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Zavron
Nobody actually said anything about being in The Enrmoot. It was in This Rpg. I was here in this Rpg before you. I wasn't here when you registered, I know that.
Arat-Falathion is just as welcome here as you are, Zavron. Being here longer isn't going to make one person take precedence over another in the Hytorax RPG. There will be no 'hierarchy'.

Quote:
Is it allright if I work on the name of The Bad guy, seeingas I caused a bit of a disruption in the flow. I'll do that for you lief and I'll try not to make it sound corny.
Yes, it's fine for you, as well as anyone else, to make suggestions about the name of the bad guy group. I'd be happy to hear them .

Quote:
I found it quite Interesting and I am working on These Dark Monks and Sorcerers that worship an Evil being posing as a God, I decided to use this as a basis if that is Ok. I'm sure it will be able to fit in with you Plots lief!
I know who the villains are already, and I just need a title for their group. The only involvement of such a group that I can see happening in this RPG would be a minor role, like the mentioning of the Blue Flame and Red Flame that you made happen earlier in the RPG.

You could make some Maiar do that in another RPG though, if you want to. Like you could make an RPG about the Ontors' history, and they could have been deceived by a Maiar in such a way. That would be an interesting RPG, for the history of this new species you've invented if for nothing else.

If you're really interested in that sort of thing, as you say, I'd suggest you read the Philip Pullman trilogy called 'His Dark Materials'. Those books are on that same topic. I really enjoyed them when I read them, and I expect you would too.
Old 01-12-2003, 12:29 PM   #257
zavron

Quote:
Originally posted by Lief Erikson
Arat-Falathion is just as welcome here as you are, Zavron. Being here longer isn't going to make one person take precedence over another in the Hytorax RPG. There will be no 'hierarchy'.
Tell that to Tessar! She's the one that started that!

I'm not going to read that book. I might make an Rpg about what you said, but I doubt it. I was just working on it. So who are the villains and what's the Plot Line.? I need to know what the boundaries are.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 01-12-2003, 02:05 PM   #258
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Lol, I wonder if my grandmother is one of those guards Athalt has gotten in his group... I see no reason for the kingdom to pay them at all Hobbits are small yes, but I would guess the guards kept a better lookout for the hobbits after the first getaway... just found that a bit odd ah well

Sorry for all that Zavron, that is behind everyone now... no more people being rude or angry... Lief has a new idea!

Let's get them ideas for the dark group coming!!

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 01-12-2003 at 02:06 PM.
Arat-Falathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 02:43 PM   #259
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Some ideas for the name of the dark group:::
-Red Wolf clan (Order of the Red Wolf)
-Broderhood of the Black Shadow
-The Shadowhand
-The ShadowOrder
-The Black Guardian

...ok, none of those were any good... but maybe they can inspire for better ones a good night sleep might give birth to better ideas...
Old 01-12-2003, 03:28 PM   #260
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally posted by zavron
Tell that to Tessar! She's the one that started that!

Dear eru, why me? I'M A BOY! Get it right of I'll fire ball ya!

From now on it will be a part of my sig. I AM A BOY.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote