Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-22-2002, 07:17 PM   #241
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

I wish i had more dreams with lotr. But since i think about it so much I don't dream about it. I think you dream mostly of things you think less of.
Old 08-22-2002, 07:28 PM   #242
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

My LotR dreams generally occur when I'm just falling asleep and when I'm just waking up. Most of them are slightly inappropriate dreams involving Glorfindel... (Happy sigh)
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Willow Oran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 04:49 PM   #243
katya
Elven Maiden

i think the other day i had yet another dream about buying fotr on dvd. i still dont have it and that makes me sad.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 08:09 PM   #244
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

I had this really scary, really weird dream about LotR and Gollum. I was just trying to fall asleep (in my dream), when something pokes me in the back. Well, my cat usually sleeps with me so I figured it was probably just her nosing around. Then, something pokes me again. This happens like four more times, when finally I jump up and started screaming and running out of my room. While I'm charging down the stairs trying to get out of the house, Aragorn and Legolas and Borimir come charging up the stairs and into my room. Then I get out the front door and realize my house is ringed with Nazgul and then the four hobbits come and start light all the Nazgul on fire. Now the Nazgul are screaming curses while they burn and they all go away. Then Aragorn and Borimir and Legolas come out of the house leading Gollum on a chain.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Elenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 08:15 PM   #245
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

I had this strange dream which I can faintly remember... I wish I could have a REAL lotr dream but nooo! Either I never have them or I never remember them. I am beginning to fear for my obsessiveness. I want a LOTR dream LOL

Like 2 nights ago I dreamed some friends of mine (in my dream anyway) were bicycling down a median in an empty highway. next minute we're on some dirt path leading in to the forest. I don't remember much but the trees had a bluish hue and were beautiful... it was grey and dull and stormy out. We turned off of a fork in the path and cycled up a slope with a Galadriel-ish figure in a white gown standing beside the path.

We cycled past and entered a sort of garden-crop-thing setup, with flowers on vines growing around wooden stakes and chickenwire like tomatoes. Then it started raining spores (?!) and they were getting all in my mouth and I eyes so I shut them. We swerved off the path, got off of our bikes and went down a sort of slide thing and I don't remember the rest.

Strange? nevurr... lol

-~*Sminty*~-
Sminty_Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 11:46 AM   #246
RosieCotton
Elven Warrior

Okay. This one is weird.
First, I dreamed that I was the Ring Bearer. The Ring didn't bother me much throughout my dream though. The Fellowship was all there, but it was made up of my family, Frodo, and Sam. Sam was my boyfriend. Anyways, we were being chased by the mafia. It was really dark and we were trying to get through this storage room. We made it out and were about to cross this big river when I dropped the Ring. Oops. So we look for it for a long time, and then I finally found it. The mobsters had caught up by then. They shoot my brother, but it didn't seem to bother him much, and he just pulled the arrow out. Wow. Then, exactley like how it was done in the movie, the river floods, with the horses and everything. The mobsters are swept away. Then we come to this big cave and everyone wants to go inside and go to sleep. I scream, "No, Shelob's in there!" and then I woke up.
Weird.
~Rosie~
He snatches the moons from out of the sky.
RosieCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 11:52 AM   #247
RosieCotton
Elven Warrior

I had dreams two nights in a row, so here is another one.
I was with the Fellowship, I think I took the place of Boromir. Arwen was there too, she took Legolas' place. We were walking along through this forest, and it was getting hard to breathe. All of a sudden, me, Frodo, and Sam, fall through this hole. Everyone else follows. Its this weird kind of overgrown jungle. We all start swinging on vines, but Arwen falls in this river and starts to drown. Sam saves her, but for some odd reason his hair falls out. Also, Aragorn could fly. It was rather strange.
~Rosie~
Old 08-28-2002, 08:12 PM   #248
Bertuthiel
Sapling

Arwen Undomiel My most wonderful dream.

First I'll tell it to you, then I'll let you in on a secret.

I don't often have extremely lucid dreams, and this one I had years ago. I still remember it because I was so affected by it.

I drempt I was walking in green fields, between long miles of hills. and valleys. The light was dim, and I was worried that I might not find my way.
Suddenly a spirit of light came to me, seeming to fly to my side.
There before me stood an Elf, golden-haired, clad in sparkling silver rainments. He glowed with an inner fire, lighting the grass and hill around us.
Then he asked me plainly, "Do you wish to visit our land, our home?" he looked me straight in the eye, as honestly as I have ever seen someone look at me. I couldn't speak, and croaked instead, "Yyyyyy!"
Then he took me gently by the hand, and we seems to suddenly be flying. Not as though we were on our stomachs flying like Superman or Peter Pan, but as if the world spun under our feet. Great distances of hill and mountain flew beneath us.
Just as quickly, we were in a forest, beside a large tree.
He bid me climb with him up a ladder of luminous rope. I did, shakily. Finally we arrived at a platform, and he pointed all around him.
"This is our home. You are welcome to stay. I must go now." And he vanished from sight.
All around were houses made from living intertwined branches. The trees themselves glowed as if they were more alive than regular tree. The living spirit within them could be seen plainly.

They had made shades that hung like walls, and steps that were of living boughs. I climbed a set of stairs and found myself in a nursery. In little cradles were many Elven babies, cooing in swadling made of the whitest linen. A nurse-elf let me hold one. She smiled and asked me if I'd like to care for them. I said yes, of course. Then she took the baby from me wihout a word, and went back to her business.

I wandered to the stairs again, and found an old, blind Elf, sitting on the stairs. In his hands he played an accordian made of pearl. He felt me coming, and asked me if I'd like to learn it. I said yes again, and he put it in my hands, and taught me a melody.
Then he smiled and left me, accordian still in hand. I played a while, and then, as if I'd overstayed, the first Elf-Man appeared and said, "You may come here when you like. We will take care of you, if you wish. When you are at the end of days we will care for you, for you are a friend. Do not forget us!"
I felt the land once again whirling beneath my feet, and woke in bed, the most peaceful I'd ever felt in all my life.

Now, the secret! If we all wish to, I'm sure we will see what's in store for us in TTT. There is a hive mind, and I am a lucid dreamer who uses it. If you write your wishes on paper, and concentrate on them before you sleep, messages will come to you if you keep your mind open.
I have successfully predicted plots to favorite series this way, by writing what I thought might happen, and dreaming on it.

What is the hive mind? It's all of us. We are all connected by thought. We share information with each other every day! Thanks to the web, and television, we can learn about our peers better than before, but the hive mind is still there. Aboriginies know of it. They use it to communicate vast distances thru dreams. You must practice using it! Keep a dream diary by your bed. Write your dreams at breakfast, before you forget them. In a few months, you will see parallels between what you dreamed, and what has been happening in the world.

As for my Elves? I think they were real. They exist somewhere outside of time, on another plane. Like angels they were, understanding thought without speaking. And they looked like tall humans, but with souls of great light and power.
K, am I nuts?! Nah. It's my little dream world, and I like it.

Last edited by Bertuthiel : 08-30-2002 at 10:06 PM.
Bertuthiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 09:05 PM   #249
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
If it's any consolation, I don't think it's nuts. There is some validation in the idea of a "hive mind" in the development of technology, and in the archaeological record. (The so-called "technological boom.") Plus, the brain is perhaps one of the most complicated mechanisms currently existing on this planet. I refuse to write off any thing that it can do unless I have conclusive proof (dis-proof? ) of it's abilities, or lack thereof.
Old 08-29-2002, 12:24 PM   #250
RosieCotton
Elven Warrior

Re: My most wonderful dream.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bertuthiel

I don't believe you're nuts. I have my dream worlds as well, and I enjoy visiting them. I never thought of the fact that they could be real, but your world is fascinating. Thanks for the wonderful insight.
Old 08-30-2002, 04:26 PM   #251
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Re: My most wonderful dream.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bertuthiel

[/B]
I don't think you'r nuts. I would love to have dreams like that. Or at least a future like that. That was beautifully writen by the way.
Old 08-30-2002, 07:39 PM   #252
Erawyn
Elven Warrior

I think you're lucky!

"Be not so bigoted to any custom as to worship it at the expense of Truth."
Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Erawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 11:57 AM   #253
Telperion
Enting

First of all, I hace to admit that these dreams aren't mine. They belong to my cousin who, sadly, has only seen the LOTR movie and so have slightly weird thoughts? priorities? about FOTr.
He had one dream, in which Borimir did not die and went on with Frodo to Mount Doom as a completely reformed character. In the second dream, Gandalf did not fall of the bridge of Kazhad-Dum.
The third he could only remember as having something to do with Legolas, a mountain and an orc. This dream probably stemmed from an obssesion with Legolas and the beleif that legolas should have got the ring, an idea I STRONGLY disagree with.

Aim for the stars, if you miss, you'll at least land on the moon!

He who is made of air should not accuse the wind.

My mind wanders.
"Not all those who wander are lost."
Therefore, my mind is not lost.
Now, my question to those of you who doubt my sanity is this: How can someone who has not lost their mind be insane?
Telperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 12:48 PM   #254
Celebrian
Enting

I once had a dream where I was on Mount Doom when Frodo was trying to destroy the ring. I saw him and Sam run down towards me and the mountain start erupting. I was really scared so I started running, but I ended up flying instead. I realized that I was one of the eagles that rescued Frodo and Sam so I turned around and picked Sam up. I was terrified for the whole dream, but it was kind of cool, feeling like and eagle!

Tall ships and tall kings, three times three.
What brought they form the foundered land
Over the flowing sea?
Seven stars and seven stones and one white tree.
Celebrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 01:21 PM   #255
katya
Elven Maiden

i had a dream last night that sauron (in the form of a weird sea creature thingy) was trying to get my precious, the ring i made out of a key ring and tape and some other stuff. that was basically it. then there was stuff about a rainbow and i could stick my hand in it. it was cool. i think one time i was on a dock when i saw the sauron thing swimming around bu tall i had was the key to get into the secret compartment where i hid the ring (which was true-i was sleeping with the key around my neck) but i decided i had better run anyway. so i did. i think thats when i found the rainbow.
Old 09-03-2002, 08:31 PM   #256
Merry42
Sapling

while Iwas reading lotr for the first time Ihad to go to bed right before frodo destroyed the ring, and mymom was making sure i wasn't reading. Anyways i had dreams all night with dreams of dif. ways he destroyed the ring some were really strange
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If at first you don't succeed, assasinate all who know you failed
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Athiesm is a Non-Prophet organisation
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Merry42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 02:29 AM   #257
Beruthiel
Hobbit

Katya, there's something symbolic about putting your hand into a rainbow! I'll have to think about that- it's interesting! in the meantime, I'd step outside in the sun and turn on my garden hose to a fine mist, and make rainbows by facing into the sun. This can also be done with a spraybottle, but you have to keep pumping! LOL. I've always liked making rainbows. I have prisms hanging in my windows, to make rainbows in the house, and I'm planning on learning how to cut up old cd's and drill holes in them to make MORE prisms! I love rainbows.
Beruthiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 10:05 AM   #258
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
I've had a few weird LOTR dreams. In one The Riders of Rohan were at my school. They were in minirature so they'd fit with the horses...so we got to have Riders of Rohan at my school(the school I USED to go to. Remember I am homeschooled). I have NO idea what happened to the horses when they sat down...all I know was that they were gone.
I also had this neat dream where I was part of the Fellowship...I think I was Merry...sorry for taking over your position for a night Merry42 :-).
Cheers,
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 05:02 PM   #259
katya
Elven Maiden

Last night i had a dream about being at school and on the wall was a list of rules for only the hobbts in the class. I thought that was a little unfair, but I forgot about that when I realized that there were indeed hobbits in my class. I think I might've myself been a hobbit, but I don't remember.

Last edited by katya : 09-11-2002 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-08-2002, 05:43 PM   #260
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

I had a dream once where I was wondering through these big glittering caverns underground. Very pretty. I'm guessing it could have been The Glittering Caves.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote