Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-05-2003, 12:48 AM   #221
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

As Tano scampers to the top of the crow's nest, EG stands up, blinking, throws a bucket of cold water on her face, and shouts:

EG: Haul in the main! We have ourselves a nice wind!

. . .and EG proceeds to do captain-y sorts of things.

About an hour later, EG is watching from the prow of the ship, when Tano comes by.

EG: How now, spirit! Whither wander you?

Tano: Over hill, over dale, thorough brush and thorough briar, over park, over pale, thorough a fog and thorough a fire, I do wander everywhere...

EG: Okay, okay. . .*grins* You get the official title of Ship's Shakespeare Nut.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 08:00 PM   #222
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

ooc: Score!
ic:

Tano: Score! Now I think I'll wander whither off to the wine cellars...
EG: Oh NO you don't!
Tano: *grumbles* Okay, okay...nevermind. I'll go make chocolate instead.

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 12:01 PM   #223
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Finrod has been following the ship for ages...and ages...and ages..and...well for really long. He finally decided to climb up onto the ship and join the crew.

Finrod: Hello Cap'n!

Cap'n...EG: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! FINROLLUM!!!

Finrod: Not in this RPG...yet!

Tano: Okay then!

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 06-06-2003 at 12:03 PM.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 02:13 PM   #224
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: Insipiring this sudden burst in crewmembers!

Roya:*levels sharp pointy object that on second glance turns out to be a broken booze botle at Finrod* Who are you ya swab!

Finrod: ACK! Put the sharp pointy thing away! i haven't done nothing yet!

Roya: .....?

Finrod: Uh, cap'n i pressume?! *salutes to EG*

EG:.....?

Finrod: Uh, never mind. I was wondering if i could join the crew??

Roya&EG: Oh!

Finrod:....well?

Roya: Wha'?
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 03:04 PM   #225
Eruviel Greenleaf

EG: Well, perhaps. . .we must give you an interview first!

Finrod: Uh...ok. Preciousss--I mean. Yes.

EG: Do you have any sailing experience?
Finrod: No, sir.
EG: Do you have any pirating experience?
Finrod: No, sir.
EG: Do you have any drinking experience?
Finrod: Yes, sir! Very much sir!
EG: Do you have any cleaning experience?
Finrod: What sort of cleaning, sir?
EG: Taking care of wood. Swabbing the deck.
Finrod: Some, sir.
EG: Why are you addressing me as sir?
Finrod: I dunno, sir.
EG: Well you should address me as Captain!
Finrod: Yes, Cap'n, sir! *salutes*
EG: *worried look* Were you ever in the military?
Finrod: Well, back in Middle Earth. . .
EG: Ah. That makes sense. Well then, if you'll swear by the Holy Wine to follow my orders and the orders of...well, everyone else on the ship, and to pirate to the best of your ability, and to be a drunkard like the rest of us, I suppose we'll take you on as crew. Your job will be to assist the cook, and do a lot of cleaning. And drinking. And pirating. You will be, as the latest new member, I'm afraid you'll have to be the lowliest member of the crew, even below the cabin girl. But we're all nice. And drunk. Mostly. Mostly nice that is. *grins*
Finrod: I will swear it! I hereby swear by the Holy Wine to follow everyone's orders, pirate to the best of my ability, and to be a drunkard!
EG: And you must give me an oath of fealty.
Finrod: A wha?
EG: Swear your loyalty to me.
Finrod: By the great hook-block I swear, I shall be loyal to the Captain of the Nal, Eruviel Greenleaf formerly known as Suliel Lhasgalen!
EG: *does a double take* How do you know that name?
Finrod: Well, don'cha remember, back in Middle Earth, when you came with the ships of in the War of Wrath? We met then. How could I forget? I think I was rather dead. Maybe. Dunno. It was a good few thousand years ago...
EG: *looking slightly disturbed.* Of course. Heh. Right. Well, welcome to our crew!

The crew: Aye! Welcome!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 06-06-2003, 06:02 PM   #226
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

(ooc: I am introducing a new character who doesn't exist to be played by anyone, okay? So this character is for everyone to use, and he is evil, m'kay? But in a...conspiritous kind of way if you understand? His name is Sarin (Sar And can everyone please play along? You know who he is, okay? )

E XK: So...now we have... *starts to count on fingers* *shakes head* Lots of crew members...does that mean we have to share the wine out more? *looks imploringly at cap'n, twin* And have another welcoming party?

EG: Well, yes. I guess.

Crew: YAY!

EG: *to XK aside* It's okay...I have secret stores... *wink*

And so the crew party the night away, laying anchor and dancing, swimming, drinking and generally falling over on deck. The night passes and the music dies down.

As the sun rises the next day, E XK wakes early, hating the early morning light as she does. She opens an eye and sees a crewmate next to her. He is sleeping too. She stretches and pokes him until he wakes.

Sar: Oi, what you doing?

E XK: *sniggers* *pauses* *points* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU! INTRUDER INTRUDER, CAP'N WAKE UP!!! *Leaps up and gets out sword*

The rest of the crew rise slowly from slumber, some with headaches, some feeling distinctly nauseous. But all look at E XK (still dressed as Lara) in an annoyed and confused manner. EG and Eärniel rise. EG opens her mouth to speak but her second mate beats her to it.

Eärniel: What are you talking about first mate?

EG: *closes mouth*

E XK: Look, an intruder? Are you all blind? *franticly points, and pokes Sarin*

Sici: E XK...what are you doing?

Tano: Yeah?

Eärniel: Yeah?

Willow: Oh yeah...you make me wanna shout... *all stare* I mean...yeah, what are you doing?

E XK: *glances at Sarin* *glances at crew* He is NOT part of our crew!

Sici: Xk. You've gone crazy. Stop picking on people like that. It's mean.

Eärniel: Yeah! How would you like it if we all pretended not to know you?

E XK: *puts away sword and looks imploringly at EG* Cap'n...twin...you know what I'm talking about?

EG: I think perhaps we should have a talk, Xk. In my cabin. Come on. *takes her away*

Eärniel: Crazy bint. Sorry Sarin, she's weird like that. Want some chocolate.

Sar: Ooooh, yes please!!!

Eärniel: *looks slightly upset* Er...well...people usually say no...and let me keep it all.

Sar: Oh yeah. Sorry. No thanks, sir.

Eärniel: *smiles* Okay. *bites into slab of chocolate*

The crew all turn back to their sleeping places and drift back into sleep slowly; Tano goes up to the crow's nest and keeps lookout for a while; Willow sprinkles some powder over her still healing wings. Everything is normal.

EG drags XK back to the cabin

Xk: Cap'n cap'n somethings wrong he doesn't belong here you don't understand i think there was somethinginthewinenalnkkdnj...

EG: Stop! I understand you. Question is...what are we going to do now?

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 06:10 PM   #227
Eruviel Greenleaf

*continuing the SECRET discussion in the cabin*

EG: I've no idea who he is. You?
E XK: No clue. But this isn't good. I'm...worried. A bit.
EG: So am I. But...everyone else seems to think he's normal, so
E XK: We just play along then?
EG: Yes. But we should find some time to interrogate him. Just to see what we can find out.
E XK: Good plan. Oh, and do you know...I mean, was there anything the crew might have drank last night that we didn't?
EG: Good thought...but...I dunno. Don't think so.
E XK: Well, we'll just keep going then, I s'pose.
EG: Looks like we'll have to.

So, Captain and First Mate emerge from the cabin and go about their normal duties on the ship. They are but three days from their target ship, and no closer to finding clues about the Holy Wine. Meanwhile, they observe Sarin being quite the popular one among the crew. . .

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 06-07-2003, 04:33 AM   #228
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Elfmaster XK
His name is Sarin (Sar And can everyone please play along? You know who he is, okay? )
OOC: We know who he is? You mean like nerve gass? *reads on* Oh, I see what you mean. Will do. What does conspiritous mean BTW? It's not in my dictionary.

IC:

Eär: *goes to EXK* Hey first mate, sobered up already? You must have drunk more than your usual share last night with not recognizing Sarin this morning and all.

EXK: Well....

Eär: Maybe you should apologise, you may have hurt his feelings.

EXK: But...

Eär: Oh, not that I want to pressure you in any way. I just think he's a very nice guy.

EXK: You do?

Eär: Well yeah. Sort of.

EXK: Incidentally what did YOU drink last night?

Eär: Lemme think, it's abit hazy. I think some apple cider, some corsican wine , a little whiskey and a glass of warm chocolate.

EXK: *stares*

Eär: I'm a chocoholic, I can't help it!
Old 06-08-2003, 02:21 AM   #229
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

OOC: Oh... mysterious evil dudes who show up while we're all too drunk to care! How thrilling!

*Meanwhile, Willow has wandered into the galley, in search of headache medicine and potatoes. She has been looking for these items all morning and so has not really noticed the presence of Sarin, confusing him for the other new crew members.*

Willow: *searching through the cupboards desperately* You would think they would have some decent food around... I mean, not even elves can live on chocolate and wine alone, and the hobbit certainly can't, I mean, is one potato too much to ask for!

Sarin: *sneaking up behind her* Probably.

Willow: *spins to face him* What the-!

Sarin: I apologize if I startled you.

Willow: What were you doing behind me in the first place?

Sarin: I was curious. You seemed rather out of place among these pirates and I wished to know why.

Willow: No more out of place than you.

Sarin: And what could you possibly mean by that?

Willow: You aren't one of the crew, I'm not blind you know. I've been on this ship for months and I know I've never seen you before.

Sarin: *frowning slightly, this is not going according to his plan* Are you quite sure, I notice you were looking for something to ease your headache. Perhaps you are simply not remembering clearly. The rest of the crew remembers me well enough.

Willow: My head is perfectly clear, they're probably still half drunk from last night.

Sarin: Then why aren't you?

Willow: I don't drink, human wine has some rather drastic effects on people of my race. Besides, someone has to stay half-way sane.

Sarin: It's a pity you feel that way. *he draws a knife and Willow realizes that while they were talking he's managed to back her into a corner.* You'd have been safe otherwise, but as it is perhaps I can still find some way to use you in my plan...

Willow: *very nervous now, especially since Sarin is much bigger than her and armed* What plan would that be?

Sarin: Now, now, if I told you it would ruin the surprise....

OOC: Mwahahahaha!!!!!!!! I wonder what's gonna happen....
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Willow Oran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 02:54 AM   #230
Eruviel Greenleaf

Sarin looks from the knife to Willow in a most menacing way, causing the faerie to quiver in fear. Then, quite calmly, Sarin starts to clean his fingernails. He leans against the wall of the hold in a most calm, harmless yet mysterious way, and smiles.

Willow wakes up a few hours later to the feeling of ice cold water being splashed over her face. . .

The captain stands above her, dumping a bucket of water over her head.
EG: Wake up!
Willow: *Sits up, rubbing her eyes and spreading her wings.* Eh? What? I think I must have. . .
EG: What are you doing in the hold?
Willow: Oh, Sarin and I were looking for the potatos. Well, I was, but Sarin came down to get something and started helping me.
*Willow notices EG's eyes narrow as she mentions Sarin*
Willow: What's wrong, Cap'n?
EG: What? Oh, I was just wondering why on earth Sarin was down there. He's not supposed to be.
Willow: Well maybe the Mate sent him for something. I can't imagine Sarin doing something wrong, of course! He'd never do any harm.
EG: Of course. I trust him entirely. *thinks to herself: that creep is going to find a good 6 inches of Toledo steel in his gut as soon as I find out what he's up to. . .*
Willow: Of course, Cap'n.
EG: Now, run along and scrub the deck. Finrod could use some help.

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 06-08-2003, 01:13 PM   #231
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

OOC: What? No! I refuse to be brainwashed!!!!!

*Willow is halfway up to the deck when she is suddenly mentally slapped by her sub-concious*

Willow: 'Would never do any harm...' what, why on earth did I say that?

*she frantically tries to remember what had happened down there before she went to sleep and as she does the effects of Sarin's brainwashing experiment come crashing down. She turns and starts to run back the way she came.*

W: Cap'n!!!!

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 06-08-2003, 02:12 PM   #232
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: A brainwashing stranger who threatins people with knives. This is good.

Sici: Stands in crow nest searching for some sighn of land. Anything. *notices a small boat next to Nal and decide to investigate on her own.* climbes silently down from crows nest and tries not to draw any attention.

Finrod: whats up sici?
Sici: *stumbles* er.. nothing just need to get some...? Some... bananas. ya bananas.

Finrod: Um.. Ok?
Sici:*goes to the starboard of the ship and climbs down a rope ladder. the shop was small and had a couple of books and bottles in it.* What the?
The boat was tied to the Nal and sici wonders who the boat belonged to.

*hears willow's voice calling for the captian.*
Climbes backup and accidently unties rope that connected the small boat to the big one.
sici: ooppps!
Jumps into the boat that was floating away and is now stuck watching the Nal go farther and farther away. Then notices a sword in the boat with the name Sarin on it.
Tries to stear boat with hands but finds that a big wave makes the boat drift farther away.
Sici: *yelps* HELP!!!!!!

Last edited by Sicirus : 06-08-2003 at 02:14 PM.
Sicirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 02:49 PM   #233
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Tano: Wha--? Oh, good lords and ladies. Sici, what have you done now?
Sici: *from very far away* heeeeeelp!
Tano: Okay, okay....CAP'N!
EG: What?
Tano: Sici's gone overboard. On a boat. *Begins unreeling rope from the bow*
EG: Sici's what?
Tano: Over there. *points, and then ties rope around her waist* I'm going in.
EG: No you're not.
Tano: Yes I am. She's not that far away, and anyway I haven't had a good swim in a long time. *jumps in*
EG: Argh.

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 04:41 PM   #234
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

*Just as Tano dives in Willow comes flying up to the Cap'n and hovers at eye level babbling hysteriacally.*

Willow: -and then I remembered that he hadn't been helping at all, he had a knife and was talking scary like and then I was gonna scream but he started cleaning his fingers with it and then I fell asleep an' I don't know what's going on but I think he's evil and I thought you should know and- and...

*she realizes at this point that Eruviel is not listening to a word she says and decides that it would be best just to be quiet and play along with the rest of the crew and pretend that everything is normal.*

- Isabella, I Gelosi

Last edited by Willow Oran : 06-08-2003 at 09:13 PM.
Old 06-08-2003, 04:42 PM   #235
Eruviel Greenleaf

EG: *trying to think through this mess* Okay, Tano can take of herself. She'll be alright. *mumbles very quietly so no one can here* Sarin I'll deal with later. *shouting* WILLOW!

Willow: Yes, Cap'n?

EG: What did you want?

Willow: Um, just to say, I don't think Sarin is meant any harm before, to me. Really. Honest.

EG: *slightly confused* Okay.

Willow: But what I said about not harming anyone is silly. I mean, he's a pirate! Of course he'd harm people! But only the right people, of course. *nods enthusiastically*

EG: Okay. Fair enough. NOW GET TO WORK! *storms off to her cabin to discuss the best possible course to set with Earniel*

ooc: Please, we asked already, FOLLOW ALONG! We have a plot that will be mightily destroyed if anyone doesn't follow this request. Thank you so very much, Willow and anyone else who doesn't want to be brainwashed.

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 06-08-2003, 04:44 PM   #236
Eruviel Greenleaf

ooc: Willow, you posted this about 1/2 second before mine. As Captain, I'm going to request that we ignore this post, because it really doesn't work with the plot we've laid out. You do want to find the wine, now don't you? Thanks
Quote:
Originally posted by Willow Oran
*Just as Tano dives in Willow comes flying up to the Cap'n and hovers at eye level babbling hysteriacally.* etc, etc, etc.

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 06-08-2003, 06:07 PM   #237
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*Meanwhile, Eärniel is having a little problem.*

Eär: Mmm, that's odd....

EG: *enters* What is?

Eär: Probably nothing serious, captain. It's just... I have this feeling somebody's been going through my maps....

EG: *raises eyebrow* Oh? Why do you think that?

Eär: Well, I was pretty sure I had ordered them last time. Now they seemed a little jumbled. Luckily I keep the valuable ones under lock and key. *shows a key on a chain around her neck* Wouldn't want any unauthorised navigator laying hands on them.

EG: Mmm, did you see anyone?

Eär: I did see Sarin a while back but I can't imagine he's got anything to do with it.

EG: *not convinced* Mmm...

Tano: *pokes her head in, dripping water on the floor* I've got Sicirus back on board. I'll give her a little cider against the shock and a good yelling at for leaving the ship without permission.*leaves again*

Eär: Did Sicirus fall overboard again?

EG: No, she got adrift in a boat.

Eär: What, the rowingboat? What was she doing in there?

EG: No, our rowingboat is still secured on deck. Apparantly another boat.

Eär: Really? *begins to order maps again* I didn't know we had another boat...

EG: *mutters darkly* Neither did I.

OOC: Weeee! I love being dense and blaming stuff on Sarin.
Old 06-08-2003, 06:25 PM   #238
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Finrod: I need wine!

Sici: What?

EG: *knocks them both out*
Old 06-08-2003, 08:18 PM   #239
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

OOC: Eruviel my friend I am doing my best to follow and help the plot along. I believe I have asked you before to let me know at least a little of what you have in mind specifically so that I don't mess up your plot, and, if I remember correctly you just as specifically refused.

OOC2: I edited the post, it leads straight into yours now Eruviel, there's no need to skip over it.

- Isabella, I Gelosi

Last edited by Willow Oran : 06-08-2003 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-08-2003, 11:44 PM   #240
Eruviel Greenleaf

OOC: Thank you thank you thank you Willow, and I'm sorry I wasn't very nice.

EG: Fne. This is going to be a loooooong day. Earniel, I dunno, I'll look into the map stuff, but now I need to go figure out what's going on with this boat, okay?
Earniel: Okay, Cap'n. *goes off to map room, slowly eating some chocolate*

The Captain ventures down to where the boat was.
EG: So, what happened, Tano? Oh, and good job, by the way. I commend you.
Tano: Thank you, Captain. Well, I jumped in and swam out to where Sici was . . .

(ooc: will let Tano finish that...)

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!