Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-13-2003, 04:01 PM   #221
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

ooc: Ok! Taking on another Carachter aswell as BoulderHead.

ic:
I flew over head and landed on the leaves of the trees above the fire I had seen in the distance. I looked down into a clearing and saw many strange creatures. Men, elves, Two hobbits, an ent, and something I had never seen before. I also noticed a Griffin! I was of the species that destroyed their race. All my people had a deep Anger and Hatred of the creatures but I didn't. I felt sorry for them, but there was no more of my Race either. They had also gone forever and I was the last of their Kind. I was a Gargoyle. Gargoyles were close relationship to Griffins.

I was flying over-Head, beating my Large Black, jagged, torn Wings. I used my special vision to see better. I went in for a closer look. I watched and then my Eyes met with the Griffin's. I pulled back up into the skies, but it was too late. The damage had been done, she knew I was about.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 07:24 PM   #222
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
Aralle was suddenly aware of the presence of a dreaded enemy in the sky. She glanced up, and gasped in horror to see what the creature was. A gargoyle!

While gargoyles were somewhat similar to griffins, the two races were, in many ways, exact opposites. Both were drawn to danger, but the gargoyles came to aid the Shadows, fighting for destruction rather than freedom and peace.

Thus the gargoyles had become the worst enemies of the griffins, and the two races fought a great war. The gargoyles had won, but losses on their side were so heavy that everyone thought they would probably go extinct, too. Apparently there were still survivors, and now they knew of her presence.

Gargoyles always knew when griffins were around, even griffins like Aralle, skin changers. Just as any griffin would know when a gargoyle was around. Aralle had very little time now; she must speak to the hobbit and the boy to find out what was going on.

"My name is Aralle. What are you doing in these woods?" She continued to gaze at the sky every now and then, watching for the gargoyle.

ooc: Zavron, I know your character probably isn't evil, it's just Aralle being wary.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 09:41 PM   #223
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

ooc: I am quoting somebody without quotes for a speciffic reason

ic:"You've been stabbed by a Morgul Blade?" Glimdrell asked and shrugged. "Few are left in Middle Earth who still knows how to heal such a wound," Glimdrell lowered his stand, getting his head in the same height as the hobbit. "Small of size you may be, but there is more to you then what meets the eye. Only few can bear such a wound without falling fast into the shadows..." "I know," I said, "my brother was also stabbed but he surrvived as well. If it had not been for my brother andI you wuld not be here today, and if you were you would not be free. I am lucky to have had friends that I had never met to take me and my brother to Elrond a few daysafter we were stabbed. We almost faded." I walked over to Swift and sat down. I wanted to think about some things. Later I started to cry and Swift moved closer to me, "What is wrong," he asked in his eyes, I could tell him anything because he could tell no one. "Nothing, I was just thinking about my brother and how much I miss him," I told him, dryingh my eyes.
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei

Last edited by Adrian Baggins : 01-22-2003 at 10:19 PM.
Adrian Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 03:54 AM   #224
zavron

I flew off and dived into the Forest. I took human form, I appeared as a Dark Man Hoded and caped in Black. I had pale skin and still had sharp claws.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 01-14-2003, 05:52 AM   #225
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

ooc: heh, are we still in Middle Earth? *gig* so many new creatures here oh well, it is fantasy afterall

BIC: Glimdrell nodded solemly as the hobbit told his tale, needing a moment of his own, Glimdrell did not question him further.

"What is that?" Imarvyn suddenly gasped, looking at the sky. "Elf, tell us what you see!" Everyone looked in Imarvyns direction. A shiver ran down Glimdrells back. "I've never seen such a thing," Glimdrell said. "Dark shape, large black, jagged, torn wings... Fits no description I've ever heard or seen." Glimdrell shrugged. "And I have lived to see winters and summers more than most..." Suddenly the black flying creature dissapeared into the woods, leaving the encampment in fear and despite...
Old 01-14-2003, 07:09 AM   #226
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Sorry adrian I amnot anywere near you right now to see you crying and comfort you.

ic: The creature approached us and with a low raspy voice which seemed to have been not used for a long time spoke to us.

" What are you doing here?" It asked.

"We.. We..." I started

"We are looking for a.. a... you!" Asaar managed to finish in a very horrible performance of grammer.

"We saw your eyes and went to see if you were good of foe." I finished.

"I assure you I am not going to harm you. I am looking for company and I come opone your camp." The creature told them.

"I am soryy to be rude but What are you?"
Asaar bravely mustered to quuestion for both of them.

"I will tell you when we get to that fire there. it is cold and I am weary from my journey."

"o..o ..Kay" We invited the creature to come with us (Oh and we keep calling you a creature because they saw your glowing eyes. And hobbits are quite and good escape masters.) Everyones eyes followed us as we took the creature towards the light and let her warm her hands.

"Do you want water?" I asked seeing the warn look of tired ness on her face. Before she could answer I fetched a cold skin bag of water and she drank gratefully and looked to the skies with tension on her face. The guards around the camp had their spears in ready to attck. The leader looked at me and growled.
"How could you wander off then bring a stranger into this camp?"
Old 01-14-2003, 10:20 AM   #227
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

"Aye!" Glimdrell said, "I just told you minutes ago to be more carefull!" Glimdrell gave a great sigh, shaking his head at the hobbit. "but alas! This is not the creature I saw in the sky!" He explained as he examined the creature with his eyes. "And yet you also is of an unknown race to me... What are you?"
Old 01-14-2003, 10:41 AM   #228
Silverstripe

Aralle's eyes grew wide, and she chided herself for being careless. Surely she had been, because now everyone seemed to know she wasn't human. Fortunately no one else had heard the elf.
"I will tell you ... later, when it is safe."

She sensed that the gargoyle had landed, and was lurking on the outskirts of the forest. Watching the company, perhaps seeking to bring about its doom. Or her doom. There was no time for questions now. She had to confront the gargoyle.

Yet how was she going to leave without letting everyone know she wasn't human? The guards didn't look likely to allow her to leave freely. Aralle hesitated, trying to decide what to do.
Old 01-14-2003, 12:48 PM   #229
zavron

ooc: Seeing as I have two carachters, I'm gonna write in Third Perosn. I'll use Italics for thought.

The Gargoyle crept towards the fire and looked out from between two trees. It watched closely, seeming to scan the area with it's cold black eyes. It appeared Human, but Dark and evil looking.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 01-14-2003, 01:11 PM   #230
Silverstripe

Aralle sensed that the gargoyle had gotten closer to the camp. The griffin could hesitate no longer. She must act now, or they could all be killed.

"I'll be back soon," Aralle whispered: softly, so that only the elf and the hobbit could hear her. Then she ran off towards the gargoyle, prepared for the fight of her life. No one tried to stop her, because no one saw her go.

It wasn't that she had vanished. But suddenly anyone trying to keep an eye on Aralle found doing so quite painful, and had to turn away. By the time they could look back, Aralle was gone.
Old 01-14-2003, 02:38 PM   #231
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

"Ah! My eyes!" Glimdrell cried as the woman shaped griffin escaped. "This is a day of much adventure and discover! Where did she go?" Glimdrell searched with his sight into the woods all around, but no... she was gone...
Old 01-14-2003, 02:59 PM   #232
Silverstripe

Aralle circled the gargoyle, ready to defend herself, yet making no move to attack. Perhaps the gargoyle would value his own life enough not to risk death by fighting with her. She hoped that the near-destruction of his race had taught him a lesson.

Aralle didn't think that was likely, though, and she would not for a moment let her guard down. She waited, still prepared for battle, to see what he would do.
Old 01-14-2003, 07:31 PM   #233
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

I got up from where i was sitting and walked over to where Glimdrell stood"Glimdrell! Don't look so suprised!" I laughed.
"I guess you havn't been around as long as i had thought! Tsk Tsk don't even know what she is do you!" I laughed mockingly at him and how foolish it was that he shouldn't know.
"I shan't worry bout her she knows what shes doing I should hope, Don't worry i'm the only one that probably heard your question anyhow," i laughed again this time at the puzzling look on his face. I laughed and shook my head as i walked back to my original spot against a tree away from the fire i wasn't yet ready to really talk to these people and i still didn't really know what they were doing outside of my forest. I chuckled as i slid down the tree. Boy it sure had been a while since i had last laughed.
Jack: "Monkey!"
"It's captain Jack Sparrow, captain..."
"If you were waiting for the opportune moment that was it."
Red coat, "Impersonating a judge."
Jack: (Oh, ya that was fun look on his face)
"Do us a favour...i know it's hard...but stay here and try not to do...anything...stupid."
"Yes...but why is the rum gone?!"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*

Last edited by elvishfaerie3088 : 01-14-2003 at 07:43 PM.
elvishfaerie3088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 10:11 PM   #234
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

ooc: Sicirus that is why I said later.
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Adrian Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 04:01 AM   #235
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Glimrell gave a huge grin as Glistenfae turned away after her harsh spotting. He really didn't know if he did not like her, or just felt pitty for her anger and behavour.
Glimdrell sighed, watching ones more into the woods, yet seeing only trees and bushes. He had been here for a very long time, probably longer then any of the others. Though that didn't mean he had travelled the world in every age... He had simply wandered around the borders of Lothlorien, been in Mirkwood as the longest trip from home... All simply because his heart was bound to this land, he did not feel it nessesary to go on adventures all over middle earth...
Glimdrell slowly turned his grin into a smile, he had got Glistenfae to laugh at least!
Old 01-16-2003, 11:17 AM   #236
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Night eventually fell upon the company, and their talks and banters slowly faded away. It had been a good opportunity to learn a bit more about each other - but all their conversations were overshadowed with worry for the morning, and what fate it would bring for them.

Athalt remained up, late into the night, staring out into the deep darkness of the woods. Though his features showed little, he was wrestling with his decision, struggling to decide what he could and could not believe.

When the morning sun dawned, he remained awake - and had made his choice. He called for the party to rise even as he gathered his soldiers.

Hruad woke the others, and some rose willingly - anxious to learn the decision - while others were roused from their beds much less easily. Eventually, they all stood out in the clearing, surrounded by Athalt and his soldiers.

"I have reached my decision," said Athalt in a clear voice, "and though your words cast worry and doubt in my ear, I saw firsthand the chaos left by your departure."

Hruad stepped forward. "I hope you aren't saying what I think you are - I have told you of our plight, and the danger we are trying to face!"

Athalt sighed, and continued, "I know not how much truth their is to your words, but I cannot let you walk free on them alone. It is my duty - I must return you to my king."
Old 01-16-2003, 04:14 PM   #237
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Glimdrell woke as Athalt gathered everyone and told them his decission. He nodded solemly. "It is true," Glimdrell said quietly so only few could hear him. "Basing ones theory on a thief, or said to be thief, is a risky decition to take for a man under orders..." Overlooking the prisoners he then added, "Though to my eyes and heart none here seems to be of such kind... and a strange group of thieves it is indeed..."
Old 01-16-2003, 06:07 PM   #238
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Imarwyn said nothing and kept her opinion of Athalt's decision to herself. She had heard the elf and found to her suprise that she agreed with him. Yet these people were thieves no matter how strange a group they were. Horsethieves even, a terrible crime by the standards of the rohirrim. And yet.... Imarwyn felt uncertain. The talk she had had with Aasinav the night before still disturbed her. The rohirrim had had dealings with evil sorcerors before and they were not fond of them. The idea of returning to NĂ©red became less appealing if there was indeed an evil sorceror on the prowl. Her hand sought the familiar feel of her knives. Would the hard metal work against sorcery, she pondered.
Old 01-16-2003, 09:34 PM   #239
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Oh sorry adrian. I was abit in haste.

ic: The descision of the soldiers was made and the captain wanted to return us to Nered. I went stiff with shock and hot with anger despite the cold morning air.
I did not want to return home. This was an adventure of a life time. This was a chance that I had dreamed of ever since my father told me of these lands. I looked at Asaar who looked as though he had missed a chance of pulling a grand prank on the sackvilles. I have must look that way too, I thought tomyself. Adrian looked as though she was about to kill the soldiers and captain.
"But if we don't get that Hytorax we may ahve a war that will destroy us all. That weapon is a big advantage to the enimie and it will be our destruction." I cried out to the captain without thinking.
The ent and the ontor both moved by me and nodded in agreement. Imarwyn seemed to be in her own transe of thought for she fingered her knife absent mindedly. I looked around nervously after my outburst. But Asaar as a true friend stood by my side and agreed silently.
Old 01-17-2003, 05:14 PM   #240
zavron

I sensed the Griffin near. I leaped up into the trees with out a sound. I looked through the forest and spotted her. I kept my guard and distance.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~