Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-30-2004, 07:43 PM   #221
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

I thought Fim was a guy...I could be wrong if two people say Fim's a girl...We should ask him (her?). I just always had that impression for some reason...

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 07:48 PM   #222
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Oh...for some reason I think he is a guy!?
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 03:24 AM   #223
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

I thought Fim was girl
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 01:56 PM   #224
azalea
Long lost mooter

It was the old avatar he or she had of a woman smoking.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 02:48 PM   #225
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Oh...I dont remember that one...but now we're getting way off topic...

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
Old 08-31-2004, 07:01 PM   #226
azalea
Long lost mooter

*chuckles* Are you telling the admin she needs to get back on topic?
Old 08-31-2004, 10:16 PM   #227
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Uh... I never thought about it that way, but I guess I am...I'm a mod on another site, must be my modliness coming through...

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 09-01-2004, 12:10 PM   #228
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

So should I write my prediction now? Or should I have already written it?
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 12:52 PM   #229
Telcontar_Dunedain

I think we are ready now.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 09-01-2004, 04:20 PM   #230
azalea
Long lost mooter

Yes, yes, bring them on!
Old 09-01-2004, 04:26 PM   #231
Telcontar_Dunedain

I just have a question. When Dumbledore explained the blood link and why Harry is safest at Privet Drive isn't that useless now Lord Moldy Shorts has Harry's blood.

Old 09-01-2004, 05:11 PM   #232
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

No - IIRC, Dumbledore did a magic of his own, that protects Harry near his relatives. It's mentioned in the Goblet of Fire, when Voldemort explains how hard it was to catch Harry.

The chapters will be ready tomorrow, if i remmeber. some one should PM me tomorrow so that I won't forget... please? My memory is not as good as it used to be. Getting old... I'm already 15.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:22 PM   #233
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Gah! 15!! I'll be fifteen in....*counts on fingers* a bit more than a year!!! lol...

Umm... I dunno about how much the time difference is but its probably tomorrow for you people in Israel... so I'll go PM you now!! Actually now that I think of it, its definitly tomorrow for ya'll...

~Siri~

PS. If you don't see me as often as before, don't be suprised. I started school today...
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 09-01-2004, 10:30 PM   #234
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Aw! How sweet...started school! What grade are you in Siri?
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 01:14 AM   #235
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I started school yesterday too, actually. I right now suppose to go to school, but you can see where I am.

Siri, you PMed me at 5 AM... so one might call it tomorrow. But I won't. Thanks anyway.

I'm actually not 15 yet, but in 2 months.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:50 AM   #236
Telcontar_Dunedain

I'll be 15 in a bit more that 2 years.

Old 09-02-2004, 02:05 PM   #237
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I have some problems with this 'book'... as we basically has no plot.

Chap. 21 - Another Quidditch match, this time Grryfindor vs. Ravenclaw. Grryfindor leads 80-20 when Ravenclaw's new seeker (Cho quitted) , ____ (his name), catches the Snitch before Harry, and Ravenclaw wins. Harry is shocked, knowing it wa the first time he was defeated only because he wasn't good enough.

Chap. 22 - There's a dance (prom? Whatever...) in Hogwarts (I had to find use for their cloaks), and Harry, after getting over his loss, doesn't know who to invite. Eventually, he asks Ginny (with some pressure from Hermioni) (that somehow discovered he likes Ginny), and she agrees. They go together and the night is great for him, much better than the one in the 4th year. Hermioni comes with Jastin Finch-Flechly (sp.) of Hufflepuff, and Ron with Hanah Abbot. (sp.)

Chap. 23 - The kidnapping continues, and it's still unclear how it's done and what happened to the students. The MoM special investigators come to Hogwarts, but they don't succeed more than Dumbledore. Luna Lovegood is vanished, Harry is worried and somehow misses her.

Chap. 24 - *is out of ideas* Hermioni fixes the mirrors of Sirius, and Harry finds that they're working. He also finds clues about the vanishing - He found out that many passed in Mirtle's toilet(bathroom?), and entered the Chamber of Secrets. He assumes Voldemort somehow re-created the Chamber, and got into Hogwarts. Unfortunately he can't come into the chamber, so he tells Dumbledore. Dumbledore doesn't seem to be surprised, and places guards near the bathroom.

Chap. 25 - As the vanishings continue, the MoM believes Harry had a mistake - and that Voldemort didn't come from there. Everyone is panicked, much more than the 2nd year. It appears like someone from the inside helps the kidnapping. Ron suspects Malfoy, but Hermioni doesn't agree - yet she doesn't have a guess herself.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:25 PM   #238
Telcontar_Dunedain

They're great. Maybe at the dance Ron and Hermione could discover that they like each other.

Old 09-02-2004, 06:52 PM   #239
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar Dunedain
They're great. Maybe at the dance Ron and Hermione could discover that they like each other.
Yay!! Sounds good...

About the chapters...first things first...I know you have a different copy so it's not your fault, but it's Hermione not Hermioni and Myrtle not Mirtle... and I think it's Justin Finch-Fletchly and Hannah Abbott but I'm not sure about those. Sorry for being so nit-picky.

Is Luna muggle-born? No...her father is the editor of a wizarding magazine, the Quibbler. So now it's not just muggleborns anymore? That sounds fine. Hmm....in the Chamber....that's cool. But why can't Harry get in?

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 09-02-2004, 09:11 PM   #240
azalea
Long lost mooter

Those sound good, but I want to mention that the mirror was repaired in the early chapters already. Maybe they can be using it, if Hermione is in Myrtle's bathroom, so Harry and Ron won't get caught in there or something?