Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-30-2003, 10:06 PM   #221
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: I got busy and couldn't keep up for awhile.

How about we get into a large chess match with the dragon and the rules are different from our own and the dfragon make sit confusing.
Then we get sunk into an underwater land where cat fish (litteraly) try to turn us into one of them.. (I am very hyper today.)
Old 10-31-2003, 07:05 PM   #222
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

I posted something to that effect on the RPG. What I figure is this:
We go and help the dragons win the chess match (and we can make bizarre rules and draw out the game as long as we need to, or make the Catfishes have more things for us to do...pass the time. ) And then have a grand party with the sea dragons....and EG can spend lots of time plotting courses and sleeping and being grouchy in her cabin, and ExK can spend lots of time in her cabin getting well, and thusly will be in the game but not needing to post as I don't know how long it will be until either of them gets back. Sound good, everyone?

-Weaponsmaster Tanoliel

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 09:49 AM   #223
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
I think our first mate is tied up with college in Wales. Correct me if I'm wrong, ExK--but I haven't seen her in a while either.
You are spot on, Tano. I'm studying Ancient History and Egyptology at Swansea University, so have an essay in every week, which means much research. Am still around for a quick post now and then, and can keep up with reading the quest. But I don't have enough time to contrive complicated plots at the moment.

Thanks to Tano for setting up a side plot! Woo! *applauds you*

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 07:30 PM   #224
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Ooooh, EXK, that sounds like fun...there's a coffeeshop right near my school called Swansea...

No problem for the subplot. Thank Sici too!

Tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 12-17-2003, 08:35 AM   #225
Garina
Elf Lord

*Pokes head around corner* Any space for a lowly, lonely ships cook? I have been kept hostage by school work and illness for far too long.

Melodrama aside, this is the first time I've had a chance to properly get on to Entmoot for ages, and have really missed it. At present I am frantically trying to get up to date with the thread, so please bear with me.

Awaiting Captain Eruviel's orders.

PS Naturally, I come bearing cheesecake, as well as my trusty fire extinguisher!
Entmoot Resident Bard #2
Wielder of the shiny fire extinguisher
Worshipper of the divine cheesecake

Hamsters and Rangers everywhere, rejoice!!! Minsc, Baldur's Gate 2
Children, don't take drugs. Become a pop star, then people give them to you for free!!! - Billy Mack, Love Actually.

While I'm sure the nice people from the local archery club meant well, a moment's consideration would have made them realise that giving my friend and I lethal weapons was probably not a good idea!

Dammit, eyeliner and dreadlocks should not be that sexy!
Garina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 04:18 PM   #226
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Garina! Long time no see.
Old 12-17-2003, 06:29 PM   #227
Garina
Elf Lord

I know! Lots of things seem to have happened. E XK got captured/rescued/injured, Willow is a princess, this thread has a plot...:P

Anyway, I am back, and should be making relatively regular appearances, as after Christmas most of my family appear to be going somewhere or other, leaving me alone in the house... with my trusty laptop and the phoneline... *smiles blissfully*

When is our beloved Captain due to return?
Entmoot Resident Bard #2
Wielder of the shiny fire extinguisher
Worshipper of the divine cheesecake

Hamsters and Rangers everywhere, rejoice!!! Minsc, Baldur's Gate 2
Children, don't take drugs. Become a pop star, then people give them to you for free!!! - Billy Mack, Love Actually.

While I'm sure the nice people from the local archery club meant well, a moment's consideration would have made them realise that giving my friend and I lethal weapons was probably not a good idea!

Dammit, eyeliner and dreadlocks should not be that sexy!
Garina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 09:55 PM   #228
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Actually she's coming back to Seattle tonight (yay!). I don't know how much she'll be on the internet or Entmoot, but I'll bug her a lot about it, hey?

Nice to have you back, Garina! (I know the illness and schoolwork thing...ew.)

Tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 12-18-2003, 04:27 AM   #229
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Well, I'm back.

Temporarily, though. But a whole month! And it's great to see you again, Garina!

Just got back tonight (*waves to Tano*) so I guess we can start up again if y'all are still interested!

I've been very much bogged down with work, not to mention LIFE. Like, the stuff that happens outside of the internet, and is not part of Renaissance humanism, Amida Buddhism, chiarascuro, and the Japanese language. Or vampire games. (wow. . .stuff exists outside of all of that? I never knew. . .wierd. .. )

But being at home gives me time. WHich is good.

*waves in the direction of Wales* E XK! Haven't heard from you in forever! Write to me!!!

Okay, well, I think we can get the quest re-started in the next few days, but just let me know if there's still enough interest.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 01:04 PM   #230
Earniel

Nice to see you again, EG.

I'm sure there are at least 5 people still interested and still posting. So I don't think that'll be much of a problem.

So, shall we bring our little sideplot to a close and continue again on the big plot?
Old 12-19-2003, 10:34 AM   #231
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
Originally posted by Eruviel Greenleaf

*waves in the direction of Wales* E XK! Haven't heard from you in forever! Write to me!!!

*sneaks in*

Hey guys. Sorry for complete lack of contact. With anyone. Meep. Egyptian Language not a simple concept...anyway, I am home now for Xmas so should be able to post a little when I can get online. EG, will write you a letter. Have photo of my new Japanese style room to show you (There's also a chance I may get to come to Seattle either summer/Xmas 2004/5 which I can tell you about )

EƤrniel - I wrote you a postcard from Swansea but forgot to take your address with me. I know. How stupid I am...anyway. Will write you a new letter as well since it's old now. Will still send the card though as it's pretty.

It's nice to see you back Garina!

*moothugs the crew* How I have missed the Nal.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 12:46 PM   #232
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Guess what????

Awww give up already....drunk bums.
My friend joined Enmoot and she wants to join Drunk elf pirates!!!!! Gosh save your enthusiasm. (sp)

Any who ethulliel wants to join as one of sicirus's old friend who departed in Middle Earth because sicirus wanted to be a shipmate for awhile.

Ethulliel joins Elrond and Gandalf to go to Valinar but changes her mind during the trip and jumps overboard to attempt a swim back to ME. But we find her...(YAY).
Old 12-19-2003, 12:55 PM   #233
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Hi.
Well, sicirus just introduced me.

name: ethuiliel

female

lived in Grey Havens

...continued...

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
ethuiliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 02:03 PM   #234
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

YAY! It looks like things are waking up again.
So yes, let's bring the sideplot to a close as quickly as works well, and get on with the quest!
Now that we have our captain and first mate back...

Tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 12-20-2003, 04:15 PM   #235
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanoliel
YAY! It looks like things are waking up again.
So yes, let's bring the sideplot to a close as quickly as works well, and get on with the quest!
Now that we have our captain and first mate back...

Tano
yay we won't become slaves to the catfish!!!!! Can ethuiliel still join as an old friend of Sicirus and a run away from ELrond. She dranmk the last of his wine in so he chased her of the ship to Valinar. A real elf pirate if you tell me.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:40 AM   #236
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

So yeah, I decided to sneak onto Elrond, Galadriel, Celeborn, Gandalf, Frodo, and Bilbo's ship the night before it left. I hid behind the wine barrels. So, during the long journey I had to be tempted, since I was so close to the wine. I drank some, then some more, and some more. Not quite all of it, but the disapearing wine caused Elrond to notice me, and he was not happy. He didn't quite kick me off the ship, but being slightly drunk I thought it would be better to swim back to Middle Earth than to stay on the ship and come to Eressea in that way. A little stupid, but luckily sicirus saw me and rescued me.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
Old 12-21-2003, 04:33 PM   #237
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

I'd prefer if this quest did not include having close contact with major characters, especially in any way that has even the slightest effect on the canon story. You're welcome to join our quest, but could you edit your background a little bit? Also, if we're still going by Middle Earth reckoning, this is more like the fifth age or even later. And if you could read through all of the thread of the actual quest, we'd really appreciate it. Thank you,

The Manage--er, Captain.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 06:14 AM   #238
Earniel

First Garina, then the Captain and the first mate. It's always nice to see people returning again. And a new member as well! Grrrreat. Welcome back everybody.
Old 12-22-2003, 12:36 PM   #239
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

How about this:
I was with my family on the boat to the west, but I drank more than my share of the wine, and they got angry at me, so I jumped overboard and started swimming, only to realize I was far from shore. (A little slow, I know). Then sicirus, my long-lost sister finds me, and rescues me, and I join the crew.
I'll still be a 3098 year-old female elf.

Old 12-22-2003, 12:51 PM   #240
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

my long lost sister. *both hug each other*

I'm sorry I left home early. I wanted to be a pirate for so long that it drove me mad and mom and dad said that couldn't stay in the house any longer if that was my dream so they kicked me out.

I do admit to stealing dad's alchole but hey I was thirsty mate.

Ethuiliel: Er.... argh mate?

All crew: Close enough.