Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 07:12 PM   #221
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
[/B][/QUOTE]
ooc: Fingolfiana--a question and a request--first, how did you get here, and why are you blessing the baby? I thought you were miles away with troops. Eh?
[/B][/QUOTE]

NO!!!!!!!!!!!! We cant have logic in this story! quick, someone feed her some chocolate!

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 09-06-2003, 11:25 PM   #222
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

OOC: Logic is good, without logic there is no humor, there is only pointless rambling, please do not post pointless rambling. Keep in line with the story. Even parodies need plots.

And now to restore logic... and the plot.

Maggie: *looking around the room at the gathered people* Right, this is all wrong. Fingolfiana, get back with the troops! Finrod, the buisness with Celeborn was all a really bad dream, he's off courting your sister as he should be. Go chaperone them! Elwe, your ears are normal, Melian, be sane! Orodreth, go to wherever it is you're suppose to be, the only people in this room should be the parents, the newlyborn and the fairy godmothers! NOW MOVE!

*And with that all is as it should be though the amazing technicolor baby blanket remains for some inexplicable reason.*

Melian: Er... yes, well, thank you for your... kind blessings.

Elwe: Yes, thank you. I'm sure you're all very busy. You may all go now.

*He and Melian leave*

Katt: Finally, com'n we've got questing to do!

Tano: Right, questing, let's get moving. Who were you going to traumatize next Maggie?

Maggie: Fingon, but first I want to stop and check the script.

Katt: There's a script?

Tano: Of course there's a script, there's always a script. What's it say?

Maggie: Well, Claedhros was just rescued and Morauthien born so... *she flips through the script looking for their place* Erm, we seem to have skipped some stuff and the timelines a little muzzy but I think we've come to the Mereth Aderthad, the feast of Reuniting.

Tano: The what? It's a big feast hosted by Fingolfiana, it's held near the head of the Narog and everyone comes.

Katt: Define 'everyone'.

Maggie: Well, according to the script, 'many of the chieftains and people of Fingolfiana and Finrod. Claedhros and Maglor. A whole bunch of the Grey elves. Cirdan and his people. Some Green elves of Ossiriand and Mablung and Daeron from Doriath.'

Tano: Sounds like a good place to reconvine and straighten things out.

Katt: Shall we go plant the plot in Fingolfiana's mind?

Maggie: I do believe we shall.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 09-07-2003, 02:01 AM   #223
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

So the three set off, and traveled, and quested, and twisted the plot ever so slightly so they wouldn't be questing so long they missed the feast--and then they were there. They looked about for Fingolfiana, and were slightly...sidetracked.

Tano: Look...at all this...food...

Katt: I've never seen anything so....foody.

Maggie: We really ought to find Fingo....is that what I think it is?

Tano: If you think it is what I think it is, then I think you want it as much as I think I do.

Katt: What?

Tano: Nevermind. Let's just eat.

They loaded up on the amazing food, and thus armed, went in search of Fingolfiana.

Tano: I fink fa--*chews rapidly, and swallows, and tries again* I think that's her over there.

Katt: The one in the big pointy yellow hat?

Maggie: Umm...

Tano: No, no...the one next to the pointy yellow hat. Wait. Who's yellow? Gandalf's grey, I know there's a couple blues...

Maggie: Nevermind now. Come on.

ooc: I agree with Maggie--there needs to be some kind of logic--it's not fun for everyone if anyone can be anywhere and do whatever they want, if they're involved in the storyline, see? It makes it flow and lets us be silly more.
Maggie and Katt--I forgot utterly what we're supposed to say--one of you can finish this scene. It's late. I'm forgetful.

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 09-07-2003, 08:29 PM   #224
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

OOC: We were going to tell her to hold a feast, but it would appear that we already did so.... We'll just have to tell her something else.

Maggie: *sneaking up behind Fingolfiana* Psst! Hey, you know everyone's sort of confused right now, it would be a really good idea to hold a meeting or two with the rest of the TLA and figure out what the plot is so the confusion goes away. Don't you think?

Fingolfiana: *in a daze* Must call counsel of TLA... *she wanders off to do so.

Maggie: *pleased* Well, can't get much clearer than that, can it?

Tano: *joining her from where she delivered the same message to Earniel* Nope, I don't think so.

Katt: *likewise joining them* You'd have to be really dense to misunderstand that. Shall we go join the counsel that is hopefully being gathered?

Tano: That would probably be a good idea.

Maggie: Yeah, the others need to be told where we are in the script.

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 09-11-2003, 01:10 PM   #225
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*Eärniel had reached the place of the TLA-meeting. It was a large tent and before it stood a hastily painted sign saying "TLA-meeting". Having found what she was looking for, she entered.*

Eärniel: *sighs happily* Ah... this brings back memories from the first days of the TLA...

Miriam: Rather nightmares, you can say. *remembers the first time the TLA entered in her office and shudders*

Eärniel: The rest is coming, I hope?

Miriam: *shrugs* Should be.
Old 09-12-2003, 06:17 AM   #226
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

Morauko: *mentally* TLA? Counsel? I wanna go!!!

*unfortunately, she's a baby, so...*

Morauthien: *cries and bashes fists against crib*

Thingol: *picks her up* Calm down, Mory, what's wrong?

Melian: I think she's hungry.

Morauko: *mentally* Stupid infantness...

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Can be found loitering at Fantasy Essentials or her livejournal...
Old 09-12-2003, 12:21 PM   #227
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

*Finrod walks by the tent*

Finrod: What the heck is TLA? Oh well...

*he keeps walking, not realizing that these 'TLAers' will change his life*
Old 09-12-2003, 08:44 PM   #228
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

*suddenly the three plotters join Earniel and Miriam in the tent*

Tano: Is this it? I could've sworn we had more people than this...

Maggie: A few of them probably couldn't make it. We'll wait a bit more and see, I'm sure there's more than five of us.

Miriam: It certainly seem like more than five when you were dragging me to Rivendell, where is everyone?

Katt: Probably didn't realize we were having a meeting, I can fix that.

*she does something and the rest of the TLA appears in the tent. She does another thing and everyone is suddenly seated around a large table.*

Maggie: Thank you Katt. As you all have noticed things have been really confusing for the past millenia or so, what with creating the world and the kinslaying and all that. So now that we've got that done with and we're all calmed done a bit we can start paying attention to the real reasons we're here, to teach Miriam elvish history, to make sure Mr. Nelson, (you do all remember him, yes?) doesn't mess things up, and to attend to personal buisness, such as getting real bodies back, if nessecary. Remember most of the stories in here are tradgadies unlike the other bits of history we've er... participated in. We'll have to take this quest thingy one tale at a time.

OOC: There's my opening spiel, someone continue. And keep it logical, what we decide here is what we're going to try to do and we want it to work.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 09-13-2003, 05:29 PM   #229
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
Katt: Well, I don't know much about the plot. I am the ideal person to spy on Mr. Nelson, being Morgoth's evil minion and all. But, does anyone know when I'm supposed to make the Cell Phones?

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Old 09-16-2003, 05:19 PM   #230
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

Claenoic: *Leans back* Hmm. Due to the fact that I've only read the Sil twice, I have no earthly clue when the cell phones were supposed to be created. I think near the beginning or the middle of the Third age. Somewhere around that spot, anyhoo.

OOC: Anyone want to contradict me there?

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Old 09-17-2003, 11:07 AM   #231
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

OOC: Actually, it was more, mid second age, which ended when Sauron was defeated and his ring cut off!
Old 09-17-2003, 04:50 PM   #232
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

ooc: Finrod? Are you at the meeting? Cause if you are don't bother oocing, contradict her properly. If not, ignore me...

Tano: I believe it was more second age...but really, Katt, go ahead whenever.

Maggie: We don't want to mess up time...

Tano: *shrugs* Nah. Time's resilient. It'll be okay.

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 09-18-2003, 09:21 PM   #233
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Maggie: Right, maybe it'll be better if you just focus on the main events and... ah... cheat a bit during the less important ones, by say skipping to the next part that concerns us. I know we can. Is that alright will everyone?

Everyone: *various nods and replies to the positive*

Maggie: Good. Now, there is a feast and multitudes of elves to enjoy out there. Go party and be joyful for with the ending of this feasting the stories shall start and we shall need to concentrate on our goals. And speaking of goals... Miriam, I fear that you can no longer be an observer only and as with the first quest you shall have to take part. Thus I command you to spend these ages in attempts to retreive the Sillymarils and to swear the Oath that was first taken by Feanor and his offspring. Swear it and we shall be witness.

Miriam: *overtaken by the temporary insanity required to swear this sort of oath* I shall do everything in my power to retreive the Sillymarils and those who withhold them from me will suffer whether they be evil thingy or otherwise, none shall be spared if they have a Sillymaril and do not return it freely!

*And having established Miriam's place in the tale. The TLA dispersed and went out and partied, knowing that with the coming of the dawn they would be thrust into some of the most turbulent and world changing events in all of Arda's history.*

OOC: See the disscusion thread for what should follow.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 09-19-2003, 01:23 PM   #234
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Tanoliel: *glances up at narration above* I have this big huge feeling of doom coming down upon me...

Maggie: It's a big job...

Katt: But we're at a party!

Tano: *grins* Good point. Come on! *grabs Katt and Maggie and drags them into the midst of the party*

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 09-21-2003, 07:59 AM   #235
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*As the sun slowly creeps over the hills, the party has come to an end. Mainly because by now everyone is drunk, asleep or passed out and in some cases all three at once. Elves from Valinor know how to throw a party, it's hangovers they've got a little problem with.*

Eärniel: *lying on the ground between many empty wrappings of chocolate bars* Ugh... will you keep the noice down, narrator? I'm trying to sleep here.

*And I'm trying to do my job.*

Eärniel:*still half-asleep* Then do it else where.

*But what about being thrust into some of the most turbulent and world changing events in all of Arda's history as I said yesterday?

Eärniel: Can't it wait until tomorrow?

*It IS tomorrow.*

Eärniel: There's always another day tomorrow. Grrrrrzzzzzzzzz....

*Heavy sigh.*

*I'll just continue by myself then: As silence decends above the Elven camp with many passed out Elves and TLA-ers, a faint unelvish music drifts closer from between the trees. Finrod is the only one who awakes from it and decides to check it out.*

Finrod: Grrrzzzzzzzzz.....

*.......*

*Suddenly Finrod gets kicked by an invisible foot*

Finrod: What-what? Who? Why?

*Ahum, I said: As silence decends above the Elven camp with many passed out Elves and TLA-ers, a faint unelvish music drifts closer from between the trees. Finrod is the only one who awakes from it and decides to check it out.*

Finrod: I did? I mean I do?

*YES. Now get going, you silly Elf!*

Finrod: Fine, fine... no need to get excited...*goes off to check out strange unelvish music*
Old 09-22-2003, 07:33 PM   #236
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
*Fingolfiana has onelarge hangover*

FG:sthop sthouting...(passes out)

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 09-23-2003, 12:30 PM   #237
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

*Finrod slinked...slanked...slunk...ummm...Finrod didst slink through the tree towards the strange music to where he saw many elf shaped creatures but-*

Finrod: Their ears are round!

*He waited until they went to sleep, and then went and sat by the fire in the middle of their camp. Then he pulled out his kazoo and proceeded to sing a haunting tune*

Finrod:
The cold hard lands
they bites our hands,
they gnaws our feet.
The rocks and stones
are like old bones
all bare of meat.
But stream and pool
is wet and cool:
so nice for feet!
And now we wish
To catch a fish
So juicy sweet.

And now we wish
To catch a fish
So juicy sweet.

*the elf-likes had awakened and looked upon Finrod in wonder.
and named him Goldielocks for he had golden hair.
Then they spoke at length and they decided that they liked this elf lord. And he learned that they were the First house of the Edain, Beor was their leader and there were two other houses following. And Beor swore to serve the music maker and he did...and thee was much rejoicing. And Beor and his people came to the remnants of the party, and were introduced to the elves, and there was much rejoicing.*
Old 09-24-2003, 11:13 AM   #238
goldiegollum
Enting

GG: * jumps up and sings in an annoyingly opera-like voice while macrhing jubiantly* re-joice! re-joice! re- jo-o-o-o-oice great-ly! re-jo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-oice! OH! Da-augh-ter of Z-

Elves& TLAers: Wuzza huh? *grumble grumble*

But WHY...

I am the holder of the squeaky.
*squeaka-squeaka-squeaka*
Old 09-24-2003, 06:02 PM   #239
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Tano: *reaches out and snatches GG's collar, pulling her behind a tree* Wait...

GG: But I wanna sing...

Tano: I know. But wait--we can't scare them off yet, this is a very important moment in history--

GG: *critically* It doesn't look like one.

Tano: *pauses, and looks about* No. You're right. It doesn't. Nevertheless, it is...*sighs* You can sing in...I dunno. An hour. Give 'em time to settle in, ay?

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 09-27-2003, 07:45 AM   #240
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

*As the men spread out, slowly taking in their surroundings, one of the more inquisitive men peered questioningly at the only elf who was still asleep...*

Claedhros: *Had a bigger hangover than the rest.* Zzzzzzzz...

*And all who noticed rejoiced. Well, and tried to wake her up, the men deserved more of a greeting than that...*

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Closed Thread