Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-09-2003, 10:35 PM   #201
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

"hmmm i myself don't like it either and whatever it is has guts especially in my forest! I hope it finds it's doom! What a wretched thing! And now Glimdrell i shall answer what you have asked, my name is Glistenfae i have another name as well but now is not the time to speak of it! But why are these "men" holding us captive? And why did you keep the others from killing me? In a way i'd much so prefer death or captivity! This is ridiculous and i shall not stand for much more! Though your friend over there" I said pointing my gaze at the hobbit that i had had at the throat, "She may want to get some herbs or something that wound i cut should be fairly deep and my sword is sharp and sometimes it may happen to have some poison on it! And even then that wound may not heal properly without proper care! You might want to go check on her, sooner would be better then later!" I finished sharply.
Jack: "Monkey!"
"It's captain Jack Sparrow, captain..."
"If you were waiting for the opportune moment that was it."
Red coat, "Impersonating a judge."
Jack: (Oh, ya that was fun look on his face)
"Do us a favour...i know it's hard...but stay here and try not to do...anything...stupid."
"Yes...but why is the rum gone?!"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
elvishfaerie3088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 10:41 PM   #202
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ic: I was caught from my daze by the kind word of Aasinav. As he told me I went to Elise for answers. I found her by the fire musing to herself of the Hytorax and something about "Stupid soldiers not knowing who they were dealing with holding us up like this."

I approached her causly(sp) so not to startle her or myself. I sat next to her and told her quietly what I had seen.
"You probably saw a messanger of the Red Flame watching our company." She said wisely.

"It seemed as if it saw me and wanted me to come to it and..."
I could not finish.

The two elves lifted their heads and looked at the forest and seemed to have the same sense as she did.

I decided I would tell my two friends and see if I could find the creature myself. I snuck over to the bag of weapons and with the footsteps of a steathy hobbit she snatched up her dagger and stalked away in the same quiet manner.

She made her way to the forest and as she neared the place of which she saw and felt the eyes she stumbled opone a muddy river and foot prints disturbed the earth. The foot prints were not of orcs though but smaller and had a lesser pace. The prints seemed almost... wolf like.
Then behind Gil came a heavy breathing that felt hot and damp on the back of her neck. She slowly turned around and was face to face with a large wolf. The wolf was black as night and showed its large set of teeth as it panted in respond to her squeel of fright.
Gil immediatly slashed the wolf with her dagger and tried to escap but was bit on the shoulder before she got at least a leap away.
Old 01-10-2003, 08:05 AM   #203
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Quicker then lightning Glimdrells surcoat fell to the ground revealing his bow and quiver at his back. In a second he had the bow in a ferm grip in his hand and an arrow on the bent string. "Swosh!" The arrow found its target in the back of the wolfs head, about twenty feet away. Confused, the hobbit struggeled to get the corpse off of her back.
"You should not travel into the woods like this." Glimdrell said fitting his bow back on the back before he lifted his surcoat up from the grass and swong it around him. "How did you see me leave the camp?" Gil replied, still struggeling. "I have the eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox," Glimdrell said with a grim smile, remembering the insident with the dwarf in Lothlorien. He helped to drag the dead wolf away and helpt the hobbit up. "Get up on you feet now. Were you bitten?" Gil took his hand away from his wounded shoulder. Glimdrell sighed. "The wolf took a good bite of you. Be more carefull next time, or else you'd end up on someones dinnertable before long." He got some herbs from his pouch and tended the wound. "Now, back to the camp we go." Together they walked back to the camp.

"Only a wolf," Gil said as they approached. "Could have been alot worse!" Glimdrell walked over to Glistenfae again.

"Indeed it could," Glimdrell said . Turning to Glistenfae he said, "Ah, I do not think they have any intention of holding you captive, if it wasn't for you we would still be hunting them through the forest. Though you should be more careful on whom you put on the wrong side of your knife. Hatred and anger will only bring you darkness and sorrow in the end, and in your heart you know it..."
Then he walked over to Adrian, getting some healing herbs from his pouch...

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 01-10-2003 at 08:25 AM.
Arat-Falathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 02:02 PM   #204
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

ooc: You can't use The Red Flame in this! When I mentioned it near the beginning I never meant it to be included in this Rpg.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 07:07 PM   #205
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ic: Glimdrell rushed out from the camp just as the wolf cornered me between two trees and was ready for a pounce. The wolf stopped suddently and I heard a soft sworsh and the wolf colapsed on top of me. All of its weight was burrying me in fur and blood from the wound. I struggled to get from beneath it but was helped in the end by Glimdrell.
After my wound was tended to and the worried elf questioned my foolishness I thanked him and left to go tell Assar what had happend. For before seeing the wolf I had seen an even brighter pair of eyes.
Not evil but unknown to me.
They seemed almost curious and of new and more ancient a light then that of any I have ever seen.

ooc: Now we can get that other character in.
Old 01-10-2003, 07:23 PM   #206
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

"Fools," I laughed as Glimdrell walked away, "if only he knew what i knew," I sighed under my breath.
Jack: "Monkey!"
"It's captain Jack Sparrow, captain..."
"If you were waiting for the opportune moment that was it."
Red coat, "Impersonating a judge."
Jack: (Oh, ya that was fun look on his face)
"Do us a favour...i know it's hard...but stay here and try not to do...anything...stupid."
"Yes...but why is the rum gone?!"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
elvishfaerie3088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 09:54 PM   #207
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

I was cut on my neck but I didn't care. I had had alot worse before. Even the prospect of being poisoned didn't seem as bad as hitting my right shoulder and oppening the old wound that still had poison in it and would turn me into a ringwraith. I had told nobody that my wound still held poison in it. They thought I was totally disarmed but I wasn't. I still had Swift, my staff, my shifters charm necklace, and some wepons that could only be seen if I shifted into a certain form. Gleamer(sister sword to Sting) was one of those items. I wouldn't hurt anything anyway. I only wanted to get this over with so that I could go get started on my training. I moved away when Glimdrell tried to put healing herbs on my neck. I definately would not be healed by anyone but myself, and I was waiting till the time was right. I wanted to get away to Gondor but I could not abandon Gil and Asaar. I was questioned as to why I would not except to be healed by Glimdrell and I said, "I have had worse, if I hit my right shoulder and my old wound breaks open, then is the time to worry. It still has poison in it from long ago. I will turn into a wraith if it isn't taken care of in time. Be prepared for if that happens." There I had said it. Everyone was stairing at me.
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Adrian Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 05:46 AM   #208
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Imarwyn saw the elf bringing back the escaped hobbit into the camp. The guards looked surprised to see them turn up from the outside of the camp. "Fools." muttered Imarwyn. She had to conclude that the group Athalt's soldiers had captured was not just your ordinary band of traitors. One thing was the strange make up of the group; a young boy, an old woman, two hobbits, a scholar, an ontor, an ent and two politicians. She figuered out that the she-elf was no actual part of the group. Now she could understand about the politicians, they usually had some treacherous streaks in them but the rest didn't immediatly struck her as conspirators.

A second point was that they all looked too comfortable, they had been exposed and captured and they didn't even look very worried. Perhaps they all had much faith in Hruad or it was something else. Imarwyn suspected that some of them still harbored weapons. She turned and looked to where Athalt sat talking to Hruad. They apparantly hadn't noticed the little excursion of the hobbit. She wondered what was discussed between the two fo them, the look on their faces was very solemn indeed.

Imarwyn sighed deeply. "It doesn't look like we'll get a lot of sleep this night." she said to herself. So maybe it's time that she found out for herself what was going on. She decided to ask the scholar, after all she felt that the man owed her an explanation for stealing her horse and hopefully he would tell her more. She walked over to him, he heard her coming and looked up. "Mind telling me why you stole my horse?" she asked straight away.
Old 01-11-2003, 12:11 PM   #209
zavron

I was cornered up to a tree and guarded by several guards. Should I squash them...or shouldn't I!? I did not understand what was going on. I made up my mind not to squash anyone just yet and see where this person called athalt does with us. The only thing I knew that I was definitely not being taken prisoner.

I looked over at BushBark who had also been driven into a corner and was guarded.

''Hmmm...BushBark? What is goin on?'' I asked rubbing my head which was now sore from thinking too much.

''I have no Idea!? All I know is that we aren't going anywhere soon.'' He replied.

I sat down miserably and started to hum a tune.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by zavron : 01-11-2003 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-11-2003, 01:59 PM   #210
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
ooc:I'm confused, who is Barkbrows? And where am I? I'll post this in the other thread.
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 02:03 PM   #211
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Aasinav glanced up in surprise as the lady approached him. "Ah, my apologies, noble lady. The group I was with was... eager to get away, and I found myself caught up in the rush. I grabbed your horse because... well, because it looked to be the fastest there, to be honest. I truly did intend to return it when we were safe. It is surely a wonderful horse."
Old 01-11-2003, 02:25 PM   #212
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
Aralle and Rainstorm raced across the land, seeking the people that Aralle was to find. Who they were, she didn't know. She only knew where she must go to meet them, and that she should use caution.

This was not unusual for Aralle. For most of her life, joining in certain quests had been her mission, her purpose. She would go where she was needed, and knew she would continue to do so for as long as she lived. And she did know where she was needed. She could sense it. It was as if she were called; led to a place or a person with whom she would journey on the next quest.

Aralle got to the outskirts of a dense forest, and the calling stopped abruptly. Then she knew that this was where she would find them. She brought Rain to a halt and got off of him.

When she listened carefully, Aralle could hear that someone was speaking, though she couldn't make out the words. She decided to watch for awhile before revealing her presence to this group. More than once, she had been led to a company after they had been captured by enemies, and from this she had learned it was safest to check out the situation before going in.

Pushing her light brown hair from her eyes, she crept forward and crouched down in a grove of trees, watching the camp. Her eyes would shine brightly, she knew, as they always did when Aralle used her natural griffin sight, rather than relying on the much poorer sight of a woman. This was the one thing about Aralle that would give away the fact that she was not what she seemed.

Aralle watched the group, noting who was in it. Several Men, at least two elves, some hobbits, an-an ent?! And one of a race that she did not recognize. All in all, a very unusual company.

Aralle hoped that a few of the people in that group, or even one person, would come nearer to her. Then she might learn more about the situation from that one, without the danger that simply walking into the middle of that group would bring.

In a little while, Aralle got her wish. One of the hobbits came walking out of the group toward her. Aralle remained in the trees, waiting.

Before the young hobbit could reach Aralle, she was intercepted by a wolf. Aralle quickly returned to using her human sight, so that her eyes wouldn't glow, and got ready to charge in and help the hobbit.

Then someone raced over and shot the wolf in the head -- it was one of the elves, Aralle thought, though it was much harder to tell without her griffin's sight.

Aralle breathed a sigh of relief and continued to hide. She didn't yet know enough to be certain she could safely approach the camp.

Aralle began to use her griffin sight again, watching, learning all she could, and waiting for the right moment to introduce herself.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 02:25 PM   #213
zavron

ooc: Sorry BlackBoar got muddled! I meant BushBark! You!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 01-11-2003, 02:38 PM   #214
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
ooc: Oh, right, sorry!!

I looked at Boulderhead, "Please kindly stop humming, if you do could you do it to a tune?" I said, I looked at all the guards.
"There is a lot of them" I sighed then started humming the tune Boulderhead was before.
"You've got it into my head now!!" I laughed.
"How long do you reckon we will have to stay here?" I asked him.
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 03:15 PM   #215
zavron

''I have no Idea! But now I'm getting some rest!'' I sat down and collapsed into a Heap of Rocks that made an Odd Rock Formation.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 01-11-2003, 03:18 PM   #216
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Noble lady? thought Imarwyn with a smile. It had been a while since she had been called noble. His praise for Merrah pleased her but she knew better than to let it cloud her judgement. Yet somehow she believed him when he said that he had meant to return the horse. She sat down next to the man. " So, I'm curious. What was the reason for this sudden... eagerness to leave Néred?"

Last edited by Earniel : 01-11-2003 at 03:19 PM.
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 10:43 PM   #217
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Aasinav shook his head sadly. "Dark discoveries, milady, dark discoveries."

He paused, hesitating, and then look carefully into Imarwyn's eyes. "Perhaps I should not tell this tale in the open, but you seem trustworthy, and my judgement is rarely wrong about such things. We fled Néred after an encounter with an evil sorcerer. We had suspected already that dark forces were at work in the kingdom - as the provinces began to sink into misery, and the court began to obey a new voice. Our suspicions were confirmed - such a sorcerer was, indeed, now the advisor to the king. Unfortunately he learned of us as well, and we fled to escape him, and find the one item that could break his spell."

Looking around, he gestured to the many soldiers surrounding the party, and gave a sad smile. "Yet our speed, apparently, was not enough. Athalt seems like an honest man, and hopefully he will see our tale for truth. Yet if not, I fear that Enedwaith is doomed..."
Old 01-12-2003, 10:18 AM   #218
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

"You've been stabbed by a Morgul Blade?" Glimdrell asked and shrugged. "Few are left in Middle Earth who still knows how to heal such a wound," Glimdrell lowered his stand, getting his head in the same height as the hobbit. "Small of size you may be, but there is more to you then what meets the eye. Only few can bear such a wound without falling fast into the shadows..."
Old 01-12-2003, 01:30 PM   #219
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ic: Asaar took instant interest in my tale and wanted to know as much as I did about the mysterious eyes.
"I have stolen back my weapon and also have managed to snatch one of your weapons from the bag."
"I have two of my knives from tossing it at the elf lady."
"Oh"
"There is no point to stay in this camp sight while there is a creature still out there. I mean what if it is evil and comes to kill us off guard."
Assar could see right through all my lies and knew I wanted to just leave the camp again. We both were to use to going out on adventures and could not saty uin one spot at a time. Especially when we were not working. Thats why we have taken to stealing from Maggot even though we never ate our prize of stolen shrooms.
We wandered out of the camp traveling through the shadows of the fire and staying well away form the elves and guards. I noticed the ent and the ontore were getting board. I was thinking to going to see if they wanted to join us but knew it would be too much destraction having to leave the camp with the two large creatures. I turned and led Asaar to the wooded area were I saw the eyes and once more felt the swamp beneath my feat and almost vomitted with the thought of what was living in those waters. The light of the fire was starting to fade out as we went deeper into the forest searching for a clue for the crearure.
Asaar tapped me n the shoulder and pointed to a dim but distincked light in the forest just a few feet ahead of us. The eys at first did not notice our presence bu then turned at our whispers and appraoched us slowely.
Old 01-12-2003, 06:17 PM   #220
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
Aralle continued to watch the company until she heard voices getting closer and closer to her. Swiftly, she stopped using her griffin sight and turned to see who the speakers were.

There were two of them. One was a very young man; a boy, really. The other was the female hobbit Aralle had seen earlier, the one who had been attacked by a wolf. The griffin could see that neither of these beings was a threat to her.

There was one problem, however. Both of the people had probably seen her eyes glowing, and that would tell them that Aralle was no ordinary woman; that she was not of the race of Men at all.

Of course, they wouldn't know that Aralle was a griffin -- the griffin, last of her kind. Few even knew of the existence of griffins, and only the greatest wizards knew of those with Aralle's abilities.

At any rate, Aralle had to speak to them now. She must let them know that she wasn't an enemy. Cautiously, she approached the boy and the hobbit.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote