Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-13-2002, 08:30 PM   #201
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
I remember I had one dream in particular. When I was very young (as in under 6), I had a dream that my brother and I were in a sort of under-control version of Jurrasic Park. We were on this bridge that must have been hundreds of feet above the water. Suddenly, a vast ...(darn, I can't remember, Kronosaurus or something, the big one with the crocodile-like jaw, Oh well, I'll call it Kronosaurus) a vast Kronosaurus leaped out of the water; it was nearly as long as the bridge was above the water. It sprayed water everywhere, and as it was leaping, it was like it was in slow-motion. Then it suddenly started to fall in normal speed again, and that was it. I remembered that dream (at least that part of it) vividly and perfectly for many years; only about a couple years ago did it begin to fade.
I think that happens to all childhood dreams as we get older. Some of mine have faded too. Mx
Old 12-16-2002, 07:58 AM   #202
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

Had a brief dream that I don't remember much of: I think I was an elf, but can't be sure. Woke up at about 5:00 am FREEZING COLD, cuz I'd kicked off all my blankets (6) except my sheet. Brr.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Elenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 08:05 AM   #203
elendili
Elven Warrior

AHHHHHHHHHH creepest dream last night - i was in a lift that was falling, it hit the ground and i felt my back snap, then i woke up

why did i hit the bottom coz i thought that if you have a falling dream and hit the ground then you die????

"Courage my soul, now learn to wield
The weight of thine immortal shield
Place on thy head thy helmet bright
Ballance thy sword against the fight
See where an army strong as fair
With silken banners spreads the air
Now if thy bee'st that thing divine
In this days combat let it shine:
And shew that nature wants an art
To conqeur one resolved heart"
Andrew Marvell
elendili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 02:34 PM   #204
Elvedans
Diamond Of The Night Sky

Quote:
Originally posted by elendili
AHHHHHHHHHH creepest dream last night - i was in a lift that was falling, it hit the ground and i felt my back snap, then i woke up

why did i hit the bottom coz i thought that if you have a falling dream and hit the ground then you die????
I've heard that said before, but if i died everytime i had a dream of falling and i hit the bottom then i'd have died at least fifteen times. If you ask me all that stuff about dreams meaning things is just a myth -no offence to anyone who believes it or anything!
Elvedans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 08:54 AM   #205
Miranda

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvedans
I've heard that said before, but if i died everytime i had a dream of falling and i hit the bottom then i'd have died at least fifteen times. If you ask me all that stuff about dreams meaning things is just a myth -no offence to anyone who believes it or anything!
Ah so you've finally joined us my friend! I must disagree with you my dear, dreams have great meaning. I mean I dream of ballet dancing hobbits and surely that must mean something- it reflects very well in elementary- I look like a ballet dancing hobbit in that! Mx
Old 12-17-2002, 01:25 PM   #206
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
Quote:
Well, I would've died several times too. Only the weird thing is, when I hit the bottom in falling dreams, I most often walk off uninjured -- and when I do die, I'm sitting there happily watching myself be carried off in an ambulance or hearse. It's very odd!

And I believe that some dreams mean things, while others really don't...
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 02:24 PM   #207
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

i recently had a dream which inolved two skinny blonds calling each other 'yohirito' and 'yoshie' and a number of kgb agents.
Old 12-17-2002, 05:33 PM   #208
Silverstripe

Quote:
Originally posted by Wayfarer
i recently had a dream which inolved two skinny blonds calling each other 'yohirito' and 'yoshie' and a number of kgb agents.
LOL. I sincerely hope that was one of the dreams that does NOT have any significance.

As for me, I just more dreams about Nazgul Obedience School... but why are they all taking place in Canada now?!
Old 12-17-2002, 05:55 PM   #209
Faelnor
Sapling

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
I remember I had one dream in particular. When I was very young (as in under 6), I had a dream that my brother and I were in a sort of under-control version of Jurrasic Park. We were on this bridge that must have been hundreds of feet above the water. Suddenly, a vast ...(darn, I can't remember, Kronosaurus or something, the big one with the crocodile-like jaw, Oh well, I'll call it Kronosaurus) a vast Kronosaurus leaped out of the water; it was nearly as long as the bridge was above the water. It sprayed water everywhere, and as it was leaping, it was like it was in slow-motion. Then it suddenly started to fall in normal speed again, and that was it. I remembered that dream (at least that part of it) vividly and perfectly for many years; only about a couple years ago did it begin to fade.
I've had Jurassic Park dreams too, except that it's when nothing is under control and all the dinosaurs are loose. Mostly it's I'm sneaking around with all these people that I've never met and we find this jeep and get in and start driving, but just before we get to the place where they're evacuating everyone a T-rex bursts out from the trees along the trail and slams into the jeep. Then I crash into a tree on the otherside of the road and the Rex looks over in my direction and walks over. Then I wake up as he's reaching down to eat me. I had a wierd dream last night too. I was in our local grocery store and there was some guy trying to sell my Mom something, but the thing he was selling was some freakish monster. It broke out of the cage and tried to destroy the store.
-Faelnor, Elf of way too many "Elf of" things.
Ummm, yeah....that's it....riiiiiight.-Me, somewhere.
Faelnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 06:47 PM   #210
Miranda

I find I'm dreaming of Ireland a lot at the moment, especially a waterfall up Torc mountain in Killarney where I go with my family in the summer. I'm there, in my dance clothes of all things- lilac leotard and a chiffon type skirt with my free movement scarf wrapped around my shoulders- and I'm talking to this wise old Leprechaun. I never remember what he says but I'm desperate to go to the waterfall now, even though the path will probably be flooded and inaccesible at this time of year. The magic of the Emerald Isle seems to be calling me back to her!
Old 12-17-2002, 06:59 PM   #211
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

Very poetic

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Elenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 04:56 AM   #212
Miranda

Quote:
Originally posted by Elenka
Very poetic
Suppose it is! Well I'm a hopelessly romantic poet at heart! Mx
Old 12-18-2002, 10:33 PM   #213
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

Any of you watch Stargate SG-1 ? Just a few nights ago I dreamt that Carter and Teal'c were snorkelling on a reef just meters from a tropical island that I thought was Valinor! Bleeping Valinor! Dunno where I get these ideas... and this other guy snorkelled (dis a very weird word!) past and tapped Carter on the shoulder but she didn't look aroud until he'd gone away. Musta been some very scientific coral down there...*shrug*.
Lanelf.

Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums!

You'll never shut down the real Napster
Lanelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 06:31 AM   #214
Miranda

Well as could be expected last night was spent in sweet, sweet TTT dreams!!! I never knew I was so handy with a bow and arrow! Mx
Old 12-19-2002, 11:24 AM   #215
elendili
Elven Warrior

Quote:
I've had Jurassic Park dreams too
Me too i always dreamed that this floppy palm tree was a t-rex that had come to eat me v. scary for a 7 year old

"Courage my soul, now learn to wield
The weight of thine immortal shield
Place on thy head thy helmet bright
Ballance thy sword against the fight
See where an army strong as fair
With silken banners spreads the air
Now if thy bee'st that thing divine
In this days combat let it shine:
And shew that nature wants an art
To conqeur one resolved heart"
Andrew Marvell
elendili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 01:21 PM   #216
Silverstripe

You know how they always say that when you die in a dream, you die in real life? I now know that's false (or else I am a genuine ghostwriter). A couple of days ago, someone slit my throat at the BEGINNING of the dream. (I thought I could feel pain, too, but suppose I didn't.) This "someone" was a non-human with very sharp claws... *wince*
Anyway, the dream continued, except that not much had really changed. It was really kind of cool because I could fly around and no one could kill me again. I flew around for a couple of minutes and went to see a play. Then Someone called, and I was zooming joyfully homeward when the dream ended. Weird. I died, but it STILL wasn't a nightmare.

Last night, of course, I had TTT related dreams.
Old 12-19-2002, 01:54 PM   #217
Elvedans
Diamond Of The Night Sky

I always have dreams about flying, only the weird thing is, its more like swimming in the air! I also have dreams about sitting in the splits very very frequently - can anyone tell me why?
Elvedans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 02:08 PM   #218
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
Not me?

I had a dream when I woke up as Miss Whalley! My form teacher!!!

It was really freaky!
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 02:12 PM   #219
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

I've never had a dream. Or a Nightmare
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 09:23 PM   #220
Miranda

Quote:
I always have dreams about flying, only the weird thing is, its more like swimming in the air! I also have dreams about sitting in the splits very very frequently - can anyone tell me why?
Errr... could it be that you're a dancer my precious!!! Hmm...hobbits in the splits, must try that next time we're in elementary my dear! I dream about sitting in the splits...wait, no I don't...that's saturday limbering class!! Mx