Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-03-2006, 09:24 PM   #201
Rev. Justin Timberlake
Andúril the White

Pigeons.

But not as the result of some Hitchcockitty attack, or the unlucky target of fowl defacation.

No, rather from the threateningly self-destructional thought processes stemming from the intrinstic chaotic incoherency of pigeon-thinkerence.
Old 02-04-2006, 07:52 AM   #202
katya
Elven Maiden

I have an anxiety concerning the mentally disabled. It`s just because I don`t understand them and I don`t know what they`re gonna do or how I should act. I only really realized this today as I was at that concert. All the ones I`ve met have been really sweet but still, it makes me really anxious. I`m just not a people person in general, you know.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:01 PM   #203
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Katya, you should check out this awesome website/blog written by a young woman who is a retarded/developmentally challenged kid's teacher. When I got on this website of hers, I swear I could not stop reading until I'd read the ENTIRE thing through. It took me a few hours, but DAMN it was so worth it! She's amazing. It'll definitely give you a refreshed, funny, revealing, heartwarming and irreverent look into the lives of "tards." For real! It is an awesome site.

http://www.tard-blog.com/

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:07 AM   #204
katya
Elven Maiden

Wow, thanks Lotesse! I read through the whole thing too without being able to stop (disregarding a mandatory dinner outing with a couple of suits). Really interesting, refreshing and depressing at the same time. I don`t think you`ve helped my anxiety though. In fact I think it`s just gotten worse....
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 11:55 AM   #205
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

in all seriosness, i do actually have some real phobias:
i can't touch velvet, or foam (not foam which firefighters use, but like stuff from insode sofas and cushions an stuff)
and i can't speak in public, however i can sing in public, which is strange, i know
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 11:57 AM   #206
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Quote:
Originally Posted by katya
I have an anxiety concerning the mentally disabled. It`s just because I don`t understand them and I don`t know what they`re gonna do or how I should act. I only really realized this today as I was at that concert. All the ones I`ve met have been really sweet but still, it makes me really anxious. I`m just not a people person in general, you know.
hopefully not those with paranoid schizophrenia, katya? cos we are ok, half the time!

although i have actually been ok for about a year now, and don't even need my medication most of the time
Old 02-21-2006, 12:25 AM   #207
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
You're kidding; he just attacked you like that? How very Hitchcockian! Why on earth did the crow deliberately claw you; did he think you were some kind of threat or was he just being randomly terrifying? Animals are a trip, sometimes.
i dunno it was crazy tho...mabye i was a threat but still...cant go by crows anymore..i freak out

Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer:
Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulaer!

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Tamuril Sirfalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:30 AM   #208
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

I was once chased by a kid with Down's syndrome. The talk about retardation and randomly attacking birds reminded me. I'm totally respectful of the mentally challenged, but to this day, it's among the funniest things I've ever seen. One of those things that you'd see in a sitcom or something, but wouldn't be funny unless it actually happened to you, and then it's hilarious. We were riding our bikes through a little patch of woods (for this suburban area, it was a gigantic patch of woods, actually), and he was walking along with his family on a path that intersected our own, until we passed him and he went entirely crazy, hollering, trying to grab us, and chasing us at really surprising speed down the rest of the way. It was maybe two minutes of pedaling away from his screams, and like some twisted, low-budget horror movie, one of my friends was lagging behind the whole time on what was a crappy bike in the first place but also barely able to breathe through his laughter. About two blocks after we escaped we had to lay down in a baseball field and just keep laughing until the pain in our sides made us cry. But really, if you weren't there, don't judge, because I have pity for him; the scene itself would make anybody laugh.

On another note, Chrys, I can see the rationality behind your fear of foam. I call that stuff "70s foam" because it always looks so old and recycled, probably filled with dust and mold and insidious germs that I would never feel comfortable resting on. I'm not paranoid of it, but really I hate that stuff too.

Last edited by Bombadillo : 02-21-2006 at 01:34 AM.
Bombadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:53 PM   #209
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Foam is creepy, i've gotta admit. You know what I really hate? Styrofoam. I HATE that stuff. I do NOT understand how people can drink out of styrofoam cups, and the sound it makes when you rub one styrofoam thing against another? *shudder* PLUS, the freakin' stuff gets everywhere on this planet, and screws up the biodynamics of the environment. The fish in the sea eat bits of the stuff thinking that it's food, then of course they die, and the birds too. I hate styrofoam with a passion.

Bombadillo, I swear ta god you have the funniest storylets to tell all the time! That is too funny, the being chased by a screaming tard, while on a bike - I wonder why he was yelling at you guys? Hey, did you ever check out that story blog about the teacher of kids with severe behavior problems and retardation? She's a special ed teacher. It is a must-see - check it out, you guys.http://www.tard-blog.com/

Last edited by Lotesse : 02-21-2006 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:34 PM   #210
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

styrofoam is what you call polystyrene isn't it?

i ate a polystyrene cup today...i got bored
Old 02-21-2006, 04:17 PM   #211
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Child of Ungoliant
styrofoam is what you call polystyrene isn't it?

i ate a polystyrene cup today...i got bored
Yes it is.

and

your eating habits may be the cause of some of your problems.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:19 PM   #212
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

hey, it was actually quite tasty
Old 02-21-2006, 04:20 PM   #213
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Yes it is.

and

your eating habits may be the cause of some of your problems.

I eat apples and oranges whole sometimes...though I cut back on the apples, because I was getting bad stomach aches from the cores..(the arsenic!!!)

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 04:25 PM   #214
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Apple seeds have arsenic? When I was five, my first step-father saved peach-pit interiors in a jar, and made me eat them every day. I come to find out many, many years later that the pit of peach has trace amounts of cyanide in them. He was an insidious freak bastard; he wanted to poison me to death. It's when we lived up in the remote Canadian mountains, too, oh happy memories. I hate fruit pits. There are many very valid reasons why to this day, I have the personality quirks and irrational phobias/anxieties that I do. You would, too, if your stepfather did the things this man did to me, since I was a toddler. (I had 2 son-of-bitch stepfathers; they were both wonderful gifts to the human race. )

Last edited by Lotesse : 02-21-2006 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:28 PM   #215
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

And little old ladies, elderberry wine has arsenic in it too.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:30 PM   #216
hectorberlioz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Apple seeds have arsenic? When I was five, my first step-father saved peach-pit interiors in a jar, and made me eat them every day. I come to find out many, many years later that the pit of peach has trace amounts of cyanide in them. He was an insidious freak bastard; he wanted to poison me to death. It's when we lived up in the remote Canadian mountains, too, oh happy memories. I hate fruit pits. There are many very valid reasons why to this day, I have the personality quirks and irrational phobias/anxieties that I do. You would, too, if your stepfather did the things this man did to me, since I was a toddler. (I had 2 son-of-bitch stepfathers; they were both wonderful gifts to the human race. )
How horrid! ...peach cores...I've opened up a few...looks weird.

The Da CINDY Code
~

Last edited by Spock : 02-21-2006 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:33 PM   #217
jellyfishannah
Elven Warrior

Public speaking, definitely. I can be as prepared as anything, know everyone in the room personally and still... I just start stuttering and forgetting everything! I think I generally do not like to have anything I've written criticized. I am very self-conscious about my writing. Because it sucks!

I find it strange that so many people are afraid of spiders. I can sort of understand but they don't really bother me. (Even though I had a pretty scary encounter with a large tarantula a few years ago!) Bees and wasps bother me more. And needles. Ugh.

Snakes never bothered me until I went on a hike with my brother the other day. I turned over a rock and there were a couple baby snakes under there. They both slithered away into a hole. It was so shocking! And the thing that unnerved me was that they didn't really slither. They made a weird flip-flopping motion. But it was so fast! It was unnatural, I tell you!

"Don't tell lies you can't keep." ~My little sister...
jellyfishannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 04:34 PM   #218
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Is THAT what they were on, in "Arsenic and Old Lace?" Elderberry wine? No wonder!

edit - Baby snakes definitely have high creepy-factor going for them, plus if they're poisonous, their venom is much more pronounced when they are babies.

Last edited by Lotesse : 02-21-2006 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:38 PM   #219
hectorberlioz

Snakes in general scare me. (Like my sis, except worse).

I've had some very scary dreams involving snakes: in one, I came out of a tent-it was a bible-ish tent- because they were wiggling in, and when I started walking , I realized that the stuff I was walking on wasnt grass, it was snakes all over! (you know how it is in dreams, stuff transfosms as soon as you think it).

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 02-21-2006, 04:41 PM   #220
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Actually, Hector, that sounds like a cool dream - you could think of it, and re-transform the snake-grass into something else entirely, like living spaghetti or something. Or sea anemones.

Here's a description of what eating fruit pits does; apparantly almond pits are the same as peach pits - It's interesting.

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives...7625.Ch.r.html